December 20, 2014 | 1138 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by franneh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally found my HG foundation! Previously, I was using Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation, but I found that it made my t-zone oily after a few hours. It also didn't have a pump, which made it messy and unsanitary. The Liquid Bourjois Health Mix Serum Gel Foundation is the perfect consistency - it blends like a dream and has just the right amount of coverage. Not too light and not too cakey. A little goes a long way too; I'm talking half a pump can cover my entire face. I have fair / olive skin-tone and I use the shade 53 Beige Clair. After a whole day, this foundation does not make my skin oily or break me out, and that's really what sets it apart from many foundations that i've used in the past. It also has a pleasant fruity smell to it.

I heard through the grape vine that Bourjois is owned by Chanel, so you can trust that the quality is outstanding. Overall, great product. Will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Chanel96

The foundatiom feels to light and abit oily on my skin when applied. It does last all day and has a nice smell to it. I wouldnt by this again as it didnt seem right for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the best drugstore foundation I've tried. In terms of consistency, it really feels like silk on the skin-it's invigorating, blends seamlessly, and has a slight fruity pleasant smell. I have combo skin and this works perfectly for me-not drying and irritating in the least, but also not oily-you actually feel like you're not wearing any foundation, which is the hallmark of a good foundation. Also, the pump packaging and small bottle is convenient. My only gripe is the color selection-I'm an NW25-30- and shade 52 was clearly too pale, whereas 53 was too yellow toned. Thus, I'm forced to mix the two shades. That aside, I really enjoy this foundation and feel it'll be with me for a bit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

The gel makeup easy to blend in seamlessly and the color range seems fair for a DS brand. This foundation is clearly not for oily or combination skin. After a few hours, the foundation seemed to build up and "swell" almost in the areas where there was oil, powdering helped to stem this slightly but it still happens.
If you have combination/oily skin, avoid this foundation. Normal to dry skin, I would expect this to be a wonderful foundation for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Yzyz

Amaaaaaaaaaaazing!
If my skin was a bit less flawed, it would've been the perfect foundation.

I'm saying this because I have terrible hyperpigmentation to the point you can notice the crazy redness all over my face from 20m away... yes it's that bad :(
and unfortunately this foundation is too light to cover all of it, although it does hide all redness! It does not hide but tones down some deeper coloured acne scars (eg: brown or purple).

Pros:
-light weight
-great fruity scent
-very spreadable
-not cakey
-lasts up to half a day (6-8 hrs)
-matches me (NC20 and 51 in this) perfectly (very fair yellow-undertoned asian skin)

Cons:
-price and quantity ratio
-not enough coverage (but then again, any higher coverage foundation would of been too thick for my liking and a little concealer on top of this one does the trick too)
(and also, most people would be happy with the coverage, I only have very terrible hyper pigmentation)

Overall, great foundation with most amazing consistency i have ever came across! Will definitely repurchase!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by tan0088

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to try this one out, and hoped it will work on my dry skin but this product is one of the worst I've tried, which is a real shame because I'm so in love with the original healthy mix foundation, that i was very disappointed with the serum.
This foundation is bad for dry skin, it flakes and clings on to the dry patches making them look ten times worse. Also the color I have 51 light vanilla is just yellow, its not like an undertone, but rather an overwhelming yellow tint.
tried to make it work with different primers and application methods but it's not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by GarouxDesLarmes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is really nice light, dewy foundation for light coverage. It's great on dry skin but I wouldn't buy it again only because I need heavier coverage. However, if you need light coverage only this is a good choice because it's similar to some higher end foundations but a lot cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by calooza

For your reference: I have oily acne prone skin. It's winter time, but my skin is oily all year around. No foundation, even if it's targeted to oily skin, leaves me oil and shine free all day, even with Biore Perfect Milk underneath.

I have always heard that this serum foundation was not suitable for oily skin, that people with normal to oily skin should go for the regular Healthy Mix... Guess what? They were wrong. The brand says it's for all skin types (correct me if i'm wrong), so it all depends on your skin... It's oil free and hypoallergenic, so oily acne prone skins should be fine. This review it's what i experienced with this foundation, so you have to try it to see if it works for you, whatever skin type you have.

I tried the regular Healthy Mix in the past. I used one bottle of it, so my opinion is made. Initially, i was in love with the finish, the coverage, the consistency, the smell... everything. It never broke me out. But in a few hours i was an oily slick :-/ Also, it only lasts 6-8 hours (top) and it transfers a lot! I found out that it's not that natural looking. It was noticeable that i was wearing it, unless i used just a bit and spread it with my fingers, and the color oxidized to a shade darker...

Because it was said that the serum version was not suitable for oily skin, i never thought of even trying it. I was happy with Revlon Colorstay in the Normal to Dry Skin Version, and with the Garnier BB Cream for combination/oily skin. But in the last few months, my skin got better from acne, and Revlon Colorstay seemed too thick and too noticeable for me. Besides, for the majority of the year, there's no perfect color match for me (i'm between 150 and 180). So, i started my search for a foundation with a good color match and lighter coverage (not invisible, because i still have redness and a few blemishes to cover). I prefer a natural looking foundation to a mate foundation, so the finish was not a problem for me.

I saw the reviews for this foundation, and noticed that oily skin people also used it and love it, even thought there are negative reviews. I decided that it was worth a try. And i'm glad i did!

Package
- It comes in a hard plastic bottle with pump (some people say it's glass, but i don't agree).

Price
- It costs 19 euros in my country (South Europe) which i think it's a steal for a drugstore foundation!! But i can find it on sale, and bought it for 13,99 euros, which i think it's average for a drugstore foundation and for the quality you get.

Consistency
- Not thick, but not too runny either. It blends really well with the fingers. With a brush you have to really work it into your skin to not leave streaks. I prefer a brush, even if takes longer to blend it seamlessly.

Coverage
- It's light and buildable but it covers well. The redness from my acne scars and pimples doesn't pick through. I use a pump for all my face, and then half a pump for the areas that need more coverage. It's perfect for what i'm looking for... It looks like second skin, and you can't feel it.

Color
- I use 52. It's perfect for me, it doesn't oxidize and it has yellow undertone.

Finish
- It's semi-mate like it says on the bottle. Not shiny, just natural looking. It's velvety to the touch, not sticky. I always use powder after any foundation.

Performance
- After a few hours, the oil picks thought (i cannot escape from that) but it's really minimal, and my face doesn't look oily, it rather looks glowy, which i don't mind. It's nothing compared to the regular Healthy Mix. I blot and i'm good to go for a few more hours. I don't get this from the BB Cream by Garnier - with this bb cream you can see my skin is oily.
- Even though my face gets a bit oily, the foundation doesn't break down and the coverage stays in place, which i find amazing for this foundation. I was not expecting that. The only foundation i've tried that performs this way is Revlon Colorstay.
- When i blot it doesn't transfer.
- So far it didn't broke me out (fingers crossed)

I'm really happy with this foundation, and i will repurchased it.

If you have oily acne prone skin, i can't guarantee that the results will be the same, but for me it's worth the try ;) You really have to try to see if it works with your skin.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by loula624

This foundation is everything the reviews have said it would be and more. Light, long-lasting, and illuminating are all words I would use to describe it. My skin is combo-oily and it lasts all day with only a single blotting/powdering. I always get compliments on how fresh and nice my skin looks when wearing it. My only gripe would be that it is a bit expensive for the amount of product you get. I've only had it a couple months and I already feel like I'm on the last dregs. But honestly, that could just be because I love it so much and use it often, unlike other foundations I've bought in the past that seem to kick around forever ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by christinaddarling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation was great and lives up to the name. It feels light on my skin and makes my skin feel healthy and hydrated. This particular one is a serum so it is a liquidy gel consistency and blends very well and easily. I generally use a sponge when applying liquid foundation so it works really well.
Coverage is light, but buildable. But I like to just use one layer as it is very natural.The lasting power is alright, it lasts about 4-5 hours on my skin during the summer. But if you were to reapply on top, it never looks cakey.

I bought this from Priceline here in Australia and it always has deals which makes the price pretty affordable, I would definitely repurchase this.