Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

The only reason I said I would not repurchase is because I got pustules or a blemish somewhere after I used the product! :-(

This product glides on beautifully, and for me, its shade, 52 (Vanilla) is perfect for my skin, so when applied, it's like a "second skin". The drawback is, unfortunately, if you don't use powder, your face will become quite oily after just a few hours so you either wash your face and reapply or use oil blotting papers.

I really wish I wasn't allergic to it. I got it as a gift from my close friend because 52 is a shade darker than her skin color, but sadly my skin is incompatible, probably with one of the ingredients inside it.

on 9/8/2014 1:08:00 AM

So i just purchased this foundation yesterday and wore it for the first time today. So far so good! I really like the coverage, and the building abilities of it. I use my karma brush from urban decay to apply all of my foundations, and i found that it works perfect for the consistency of this product. My foundation stayed put all day, and i'm excited to continue wearing this product to get my over all feel of it. But as of now, i think i made a good purchase!

on 9/4/2014 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Surprisingly good.

I have read all the good reviews about this foundation, and Boots is currently doing a 3for2 offer, so grab three little things from Bourjois (radiance reveal healthy mix, health mix serum gel, and a tan/highlighter), which all do not disappoint me.

The serum version and radiance reveal are definitely different. What I expected from them was a better coverage from radiance reveal, and a 'glow look' from the serum version. I would say so far I prefer the serum version. I have always use high end brand foundation, Guerlain, Shiseido, Armani, YSL, etc, I wouldn't say this serum foundation is better, but definitely not worse. It is a bit unfair to compare Bourjois foundation to the high end brands, however, this is what I am going to do here...I have used YSL liberator foundation, which indeed left a more amazing glow on the face, but that effect only lasted for one or two hours. However, with this bourjois serum foundation, at least it didn't go dull after 5-6 hours. It leaves a more nature and smoother texture on the face, and the skin looks healthy compared to the radiance reveal foundation.

Regarding to the coverage, the radiance reveal one offers a more full coverage than the serum one. However, the serum one comes with a median coverage which is really good enough for me (I have problem skin with acne scars etc); and the radiance reveal version is actually too much, I even use it as a concealer for my undereye dark circles and places on my face where I need better coverage....I used to use Guerlain invisible before these two foundation, I would say Guerlain invisible is really invisible, if the serum foundation claims itself with 'only little coverage'...

The only thing is, you have to do a good moisturizing job before putting on any of these two foundation. The serum version is more moisturizing than the radiance reveal one, however, they could become cakey if the skin is not in a good condition.

on 8/29/2014 9:37:00 AM

I have been intrigued about Bourjois products for a very long time. Unfortunately we don't have this particular brand in Finland, but when we visited London, I did go little crazy and bought very many products. Healthy Mix Serum Gel foundation was the #1 on my list.

This foundation promises very nice things if you think about it! It promises to give a healthy radiance to your skin, instant anti-fatigue result, coverage that hides imperfections and also it promises to be a very caring towards your skin because of this fruit-vitamin formula. It sounds amazing, right?

So the facts first. This foundation comes in 6 shades (according the Boots website). I cannot say about universal tones of the shades, but the shade I got was nicely yellow toned (52 Vanille is my shade). It supposed to have fresh and instant blending texture, give a very natural finish, give your sking a radince-boost and also it does have this fruit therapy formula (contains litchi, goji berries and pomegranates).
Packaging is a nice plastic bottle with pump. I personally prefer plastic bottles, because it is light and save to travel with. Some may not like this packaging, but it's due to personal preference.

And then to the product itself. Foundation itself is very light in consistency but also very creamy. It does feel very nice on the skin, not heavy or uncomfortable at all. It does blend beautifully with any prefered application method: sponge, fingers or brush.
Coverage is light to medium. It evens out your skintone but also covers any "bigger" imperfections. I do like to layer my foundations and this does layer beautifully. I can cover any ance with this or my very visible acne-scars.
I like the finish of this foundation very much. It is dewy, but not shimmery. It really gives a nice, healthy look to the skin which I really like. I don't really know about the anti-fatigue thing tho, but I'm sure that this foundation does that too.
Staying power is OK. On my combo skin this does stay almost 7 hours but with primer and powder. So I would say that this could stay better on normal or even dry skin, but also us with combo or ever oily skin CAN make this foundation work.
Also this doesn't break me out, which is important. My skin is very sensitive and there is so many products out there that do break me out - unfortunately.
ONE THING THO! This foundation does have a strong fruity scent to it, which is very pleasent, but some people doesn't like having scents in their products or are sensitive to scents, so I think that is a one thing to consider with this product.

So I do really like this foundation. It does look nice on my skin, it does cover what I need covered, it is easy to apply and so on! I would recommend everyone to try this foundation, I think you may really love it if you give it a go!

Then pros and cons:

PROS
+ Medium, buidable coverage
+ Nice, healthy look on the skin
+ Good staying power
+ Easy to apply
+ I like the scent
+ Price is very low
+ High-end feel

CONS
- Scent can be irritating to some of us
- Availability is poor

on 8/13/2014 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like this product, but it's not quite perfect for me. The coverage is sheer-light, so I can only use it when I'm having a great skin day with no rosacean flares or acne. It does even out my skintone a bit and has a dewy finish (too dewy for my liking) that can matted out easily with a light dusting of powder. It's very easy to work with - gives me time to distribute before it sets. I apply with my UD Optical Blurring brush for a natural finish, then I go back with my ELDW concealer for any spots/red areas. I'm using shade #51 and it's close to my NC15 warm-undertoned pale skin, though it's slightly too orangey/peachy so it definitely looks like I'm wearing makeup when I have this on. It's slightly too dark for me now (it's summer) so I won't be able to wear it in the dead of winter when I'm NC10. This hasn't caused any breakouts or rosacea so that is a huge plus since I ten to have very sensitive/reactive skin. I love the airless pump dispenser - very hygienic. Thumbs up for this drugstore product which beats out many HE foundations for me.

on 8/8/2014 10:30:00 PM

I am really impressed with this foundation. I was looking for various dupes for my Armani Luminous Silk and decided to try this out. The color selection is limited, yet it seems like a lot of people find it to be a good match. I got #52 Vanille and it matches me perfectly. I am an NW 22 in Mac and a 4.75 in Armani. It last a long time, is very natural looking, and smells delicious. At this price, I couldn't be happier, except it is hard to acquire in the United States. Try it out!

When wearing this foundation I will cleanse my skin as normal and apply a moisturiser or primer before applying the foundation. I use my bare minerals max coverage concealer brush or my fingers and I find both work well.

I'd say this foundation has an overall good coverage and wear time (if paired with powder). However on red patches it takes more of the foundation to cover and you can still see some red through it. But if you apply a concealer over top that works too.

All in all this is a great foundation as long as you apply a primer/moisturiser. Has enough coverage and doesn't cling to dry patches. Also has a slight smell of fruit which for me I like but for some people i know it can be irritable.

on 8/2/2014 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dry skin so I have some dreadful dry patches. I noticed that the foundation does somewhat catch onto those dry patches but if I moisturize very well then my dry patches will not be visible (but still somewhat). I got mine for $28 at my local drugstore which I find quite expensive however for the quality of the product, it's worth it. It does come with a pump which is a win and the product itself works amazing :) It has a very nice finish (semi-matte) and a very nice smell however it may feel a bit greasy. I do have some blemishes and this foundation doesn't cover it all but it is very lightweight on the skin which is greaaat :))

on 7/30/2014 5:12:00 AM

I use the shade 51 Light Vanilla, and would recommend this foundation specifically to anyone with dry, sensitive skin. With a thin, moisturizing consistency the foundation provides a light-medium coverage depending on how much you build the foundation. I layer the foundation around my T-Zone where I have the most redness, and I can still achieve a natural, light radiant face of makeup that doesn't feel heavy on the skin. The foundation whilst very yellow toned, seems to match to your skin tone after a couple of minutes of wear - and when blush, bronzer and powder have being applied. I would recommend applying powder in oilier areas such as nose, forehead and chin but I don't apply powder on any other areas - and the foundation seems to wear beautifully. My go to foundation at the moment!

I highly recommend this product to those girls who've got skin that's in pretty good condition. :)