Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

In love with this foundation. A bit of product gets wasted because of the pump, but it is a good little glass bottle you can stand on a bathroom shelf. Perfect shade (53). Have had a few people make comments like , your skin is incredible, your skin's glowing etc when wearing this. It's not. It's the foundation. Haha! But it is a moisturising formula that I find improves skin with use , and doesn't cause breakouts. I think it's expensive for what it is at $32 AUD for a chemist brand, but sometimes if you want quality you have to pay a little more, and it is infinitely superior to the other chemist brand foundations I have tried eg. Maybelline, covergirl, Rimmel : 👎.& cheaper than the department store brands, highly recommended

on 11/17/2014 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

this stuff smells like apples!! just thought i'd put that in first cause i'm nuts about scents. i like my products having sweet scents. if you don't like scents in your makeup, it's ok cause the smell goes away fast.

this is a good foundation. not the best, but i'd def rank it over lots of drugstores and even high end stuff (imo). i got it off ebay for $13.12, a little expensive for something that's considered "drug store" but still for the quality and the fact that it is impossible to find in the US is good. i have the lightest colour and here are the positives:

- easily blendable
- pretty buildable, just not entirely FULL coverage. this looks best on me when i'm having a good skin day.
- natural look with a slight dewy finish (i have combo skin, but not a huge fan of dewy so i usually powder the dewy areas)
- feels like your skin
- good color match! i'm super pale and though this isn't the /perfect/ match, it's pretty close. it doesn't oxidize, thank god.
- the pump!!! it gives out perfect amounts and it's cute and sanitary. why doesnt every foundation have a pump? seriously?
- pretty affordable.

the cons:
- i found this not to be SUPER long lasting, on its own anyways. use some primer, concealer, and set it with powder and you'll be pretty good for the day. if i'm sweating a lot or get oily, i notice it does 'rub' off a little.
- having to order it off the internet can be a negative for some, some people like to test the colour out etc. but if you know your color for sure, it'll look pretty good on you i think, unless you are in need of something full coverage (like kat von d or revlon colorstay).

all in i'd give it a 9/10 for being a nice light/medium coverage foundation.this is great when you have really dry skin. def one of my more go-to foundations, especially in winter when my skin is behaving.

on 11/13/2014 7:19:00 PM

I have repurchased twice. I also use Dior Nude Foundation and Shiseido Sun Protection Fluid Foundation... but for every day at working at the office, this is the best! Due to my combination skin, I have to powder my T-zone about twice a day. I find it lasts long enough despite my oily zone, it covers everything I need it to (pores, redness, occasional spot) and is simple to apply with a basic foundation or kabuki brush. Often on sale at Priceline. Highly recommended.

on 11/8/2014 12:26:00 AM

Bought this because of all the rave reviews. I have extremely oily skin with dry patches. There's not a lot of colour selection but the one I chose matches my skin pretty well because it has yellow undertones. The foundation looks and feels nice on (it does have a fruity scent that I could got without, but it's not that offensive) but my biggest gripe is that it doesn't last at all. The foundation probably only lasts 3-4 hours on my skin. Now I'm not putting on a lot because I don't like the look of heavy makeup, but I would expect it to last longer than that.
For the price ($28 at Shoppers in Canada) I was really hoping for something that would last longer.
Update April 2015: Realized that this makes me break out in hives and pimples. I wouldn't say I have sensitive skin, I have never experienced this before with other products. It happened 2-3 times when I applied this more heavily. At first my face feels fine but as the day goes on it starts to tingle in not a good way! I would definitely stay away if you have sensitive skin. Too bad because the formula is not bad. What a waste of $30 :(

on 11/2/2014 12:42:00 PM

This foundation is great for ladies that like a natural lightweight foundation yet still hides any slight imperfections. I tried this with the bourjois healthy balance powder and the bourjois healthy mix concealer and it was great!
At the time using this i was in my early years of high school and this was amazing as in my school make up isn't really allowed however they are quite lenient towards people who don't look heavily made up and this was perfect.It hid my blemishes yet didn't cake up my face. it is a nice formula and didn't break me out.
This foundation ranges from around 8.99 too 10.99 in places like ebay or boots so isn't too expensive for some people.

on 11/2/2014 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

pro: cheap, smells alright, glides on smoothly, not thick, skin feels comfy after application
con: seems to fade/oxidize quickly, not much coverage, heard that it accentuates lines from some bloggers, not sure about it though..?

basically this is good for daily use but not enough for a night out/special date.

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Initially this foundation seemed fantastic, but after a few months of use I found the constant re-application tedious. It only lasts about 3 hours at best on oily skin, but is very forgiving of dry patches and lasts a decent amount of time on dry or normal skin (Finding a foundation for combo skin seems impossible!)

The foundation gives a light-medium coverage but can pretty easily be built up to a decent medium coverage. It gives a lovely 'glow' look to skin, but if you are very pale like myself it can make you look a little too yellow/orange. I'd love bourjois to come out with some more shades.

All in all, it's a nice foundation. It's so easy to apply, gives a healthy look to skin and is forgiving of dry skin and spots. Unfortunately though, even the light vanilla is too dark for me- That and the combination skin problems mean that I probably won't buy this again.

on 10/27/2014 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best foundation ever!!! Every time I wear it I get compliments on my skin

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!

this is my go to day to day foundation. gorgeous even application, great light to medium coverage and such a nice feeling on the skin.

I apply this using a Real Techniques expert face brush or a Real Techniques miracle sponge.

It is amazing on my dry skin. I am rating this as a 4 because although I love it, without powdering it does give me a slight shiny nose, although if you're somebody that usually powders anyway this wouldn't be a problem!

on 10/11/2014 1:55:00 PM

After a severe reaction to YSL touche eclat, i had to go on prescription grade Elidel to cure the red bumps and eczema. After two days of prescription, i still don't dare to use any cover ups, including coverfx, nars, stila, chanel etc etc

I turned to this old foundation deep in my drawer, and it worked!!!!!!!!! i could still look great to go to work with a thin layer, no reaction whatsoever and come home to wash it off and put on prescription cream.

Saved my life