August 21, 2014 | 1696 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate to give this product such a bad review but with all due honesty, this trully sucks. At first, it worked great, at least with very liht eyeshadows such as champagne and white. When it came to more dramatic colors, this sucked. Badly. It actually made the colors much paler and fade much quicker than wearing the shadows by themselves. I do not recommend this at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great lid primer. It prevents shadows from settling into the creases in my lids, which has bedeviled me ever since I began wearing makeup. Because my lids have become more see-through with age, I'd love it if NYX created a version of this eyeshadow base with a faint yellowish cast that might neutralize my lids' red tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Babygirlm25

I would use this over urban decay primer potion ANY DAY. my favorite primer of all time!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by cassy2790

I bought this product because of all the reviews I've seen online. My eye lids sometimes become greasy and then my eye shadow doesn't stay as it should. This product really does work! I bought mine on Ebay since they didn't have the HD Eye Shadow Base here where I live. It works lovely. It goes on well due to the lip gloss applicator, dries quickly and makes my eye shadow last all day and gives my eye shadows great pigmentation. What's also great about it is that you don't need a whole bunch, just a dot or two on your eye lid, rub it in and your ready to apply your eye shadow. If you haven't tried this, defiantly try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by curlygirl11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been a loyal UDPP girl for years. Happened to see this, and for the price, decided it was worth a try. I didn't expect it to come close to my UDPP. Boy was I wrong! This stuff is amazing. I will never buy UDPP again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

The second primer I've tried and I love it! I even had a little bit of trouble getting my eyeshadow off it was so good! I'm definitely a bit of a NYX girl as I haven't yet tried anything I haven't liked, but this is probably my favourite product out of all the NYX products I've tried, and is also now my favourite eyeshadow primer. Definitely worth the try :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this all the time, but the latest one I bought gave my eyelids mild chemical burns!!! I thought perhaps it was another new product I was using, so after the skin healed, I tried it again, and it was even worse than the first time! I never had problems with this product before, but maybe the one I got was from a bad batch?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

This is an awesome primer for the performance and the affordable price. It is better than Urban Decay in my opinion. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by ticklez88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging and the applicator. The product itself is also great. I prefer to use this on a daily basis when I don't want to use the UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by chisainekocat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Exactly what I needed.

I tested this stuff with NYX's "Flamenco" eyeshadow (not "Flamingo", this one is from a trio). I love the color, but something about the shadow makes it disappear very quickly on me. After 8 hours with the eyeshadow base, the eyeshadow looked like I had just put it on. Incredible! Usually my very oily eyelids make the shadow disappear in about 3 hours. There was slight creasing on the inner eyelid, but it wasn't noticeable.

I don't think it made the shadow much brighter, but I was just looking for something to help with the oiliness. You can use NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk as a cheap base to brighten colors. Will definitely repurchase.