April 17, 2014 | 1834 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:06:00 AM More reviews by BintangkeciL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

GEEZ... this is a very good product. High quality with affordable price!! it can hold my e/s for a whole day without creasing. And the color still amazing until i wipe it off at the night... i recommended this for the good product with a good price. Hhehhe

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by RainbowDelight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I just got this and love it, really makes eyeshadow richer and stay on all day like intended. It's just as good as UD Primer Potion but at a fraction of the cost (I don't own it but tried my friend's and I noticed no difference)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by veeecakes

I absolutely love this eye primer! It has a super smooth texture which literally melts as you blend it onto your eyelid. It holds my eyeshadow all day long, whilst keeping it vibrant and crease-free. The skin-tone color of the product also helps create a base for keeping the eyeshadow bright & true in color. Love it !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is pretty great. Just as good as UDPP (which I love but about half the price). For someone like me who has somewhat oily skin, this definitely stopped the creasing of my shadows for the whole day! No more horrible lines at the crease of my lid. The primer colour is a light beige but it blends out easily to become transparent. Compared with UDPP, the NYX primer is not as thick so I found it much easier to blend. It does feel slightly tacky so be sure to let it dry thoroughly before applying your shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Yajiz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this online since the ULTA here always has a crappy NYX selection. Anyways, I tried it out yesterday underneath my Clinique eyeshadow and I must say it performed well above my expectations! I was outside most of the day in 90 degree weather and even around 10pm I checked out my makeup and it still looked very good. No creasing, oiliness, NOTHINGA!! I am so glad I found this little gem since I was always reluctant in buying the UDPP & the Too Faced primer due to the price. Oh, and the only reason I even tried this out was b/c I came across the reviews of it on here :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by filarei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my first ever eyeshadow base/primer. I bought this in ebay for $12 because of the rave reviews in makeupalley. It is so cheap compared to the price of UDPP, TFSI and Mac paints, so i gave it a go.
pros:
-cheap
- makes eyeshadow stay put for more than 10 hours of wear, always looking like you just put it on
- eyeshadow colour apply more vibrant and not washed out
- allows smooth blending of shadow on it without being sticky and doesnt cake
-almost transparent finish (colour is my skin colour but lighter, so it slightly makes my eyes awake)

cons:
-cheap product therefore cheap packaging, the handle came off (it's okay though it was a cap that was glued to the screw top of the wand so the product isnt affected)
- my lids felt slight tingling sensations when i applied it on the lids, like my skin was radiating heat. however it never caused any redness, itchiness, swelling or anything bad. The tingling sensation goes away after a couple of minutes anyway.

This is HG product! everything an eyeshadow base should be for an affordable price =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by phragmipedium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this base, and find it to be very comparable to UDPP, but at a much more attractive price point.

For me, no single eyeshadow base stops creasing. I used to apply UDPP under a MAC paint pot and that did the trick. When I originally found this, I began using it under a paint pot instead with superb results. Most recently, I tried this under the NYX eyeshadow base in a pot, and I got the same beautiful results.

If you have oily lids and similar issues with eyeshadow bases, I highly recommend one of the above combos. For quality and value, the combination of both of NYX's shadow bases can't be beat, especially when Ulta has one of their (frequent) bogo 50% off deals on NYX. Combined with a coupon, you can get both products for around $7 before sales tax--an absolute steal for such incredible results.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by jdsmom247

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never tried UDPP before & was very tempted too until I heard about the NYX HD Primer for half the price. It dries matte & non sticky but still manages to hold on to my eye makeup with out fail through out the day! I'm not sure if I am missing out on anything else extra when it comes too the prestige line of eyelid primer but I believe I will be sticking with NYX's version for as long as it's available. Only con, I'm not too fond with the doe foot applicators since they feel a bit rough & suck up a lot of product so that is the only down fall for this item, other than that it's awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by princess101

Excellent product---has completely won me over! I have used UDPP religiously for the past 9 years, straying every so often to try new, cheaper alternatives, only to find that they aren't even comparable. This however, has changed my mind and I will no longer buy UDPP as long as NYX continues to produce this.

The forumla is a more liquid version of UDPP, but applies easily, dries quickly and holds my eyeshadow for over 12 hours (I'm sure it would last longer, but I haven't tried). I have oily lids, and cannot wear shadows without a primer. This product even allows me to wear cream shadows, which I couldn't with UDPP (I'd have creasing after 6 hours).
My shadows are virbrant, blend well and look just as good at the end of the day as when first applied.

I could do without a wand applicator, as a squeeze tube would be more sanitary. For the price however, at $6.99 CDN, I don't care. I love this stuff and hope it becomes readily available for all.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by BeautyVicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have always had issues with my eyelids. 10 years ago I would get so angry because my eyeshadow would crease, like A LOT! I thought my eyes were watering, then I thought that it happened from heat or cold air hitting them. I just couldn't figure out how to deal with the frustration of running makeup & then how the eye allergies would kick in right after. Let's just say it's been a huge nightmare for me.

I have tried every eyelid primer they have out there. The only thing that seemed to help was using Mac Paint Pots. I've been using the Mac 'Painterly' Paint Pot for the last year & it wasn't until recently that I noticed I couldn't wear 'glittery' eyeshadows because for some reason those made the creasing start even with using the paint pot. I decided to try the Nyx Eyshadow Base that I saw at Ulta & I am SO glad I did!

I put the Nyx Eyeshadow Base in 'ESB03 Skin Tone' on my lids once & then another application on top of it & guess what?? My makeup is not creasing! For the first time in over 10 years! I wasn't able to wear the glitter/shimmer shadows in my Urban Decay palettes until now & I am so excited!

I would definatley recommend trying the Nyx Eyeshadow Bases if you are having trouble with oily eyelids. The bonus with this great find is that the primer only costs around $4.00 at Ulta, compared to the $$ range for high end primers.