NYX HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

4.1

Isododecane, Talc, Beeswax, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenoxyethanol/Methylparaben, Ethylparaben/Butylparaben, Propylparaben/Isobutylparaben, Colorant, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491).

on 5/1/2012 9:46:00 PM

This eyeshadow base works wonders though it can't be compared to Urban Decay's Eye Primer Potion. Absolutely no creasing with this and makes my eyeshadow lasts the whole day, even the cheap ones. It makes the eyeshadow colors vivid and vibrant which is amazing but this definitely doesn't waterproof the eyeshadow. The color will slide off if you get caught in the rain, splash your face with water but spritzing mists is fine. Overall, i love it as it's not too pricey and just a little is enough thus it's value for money.

on 4/8/2012 6:50:00 PM

Was very happy to read the positive reviews: finally, a base for me! But nope. As vivid as the colours are when I apply, after an hour the intensity is gone and after 2 hours there's creasing. I don't have overly greasy eyelids, just hooded, so I'm very disappointed. Definitely not buying again and back on the look-out for a new one.

on 3/26/2012 7:03:00 PM

There was a sale at Ulta and I ended up picking up this base for about $3.00 after coupons/discounts.

I personally like it. It is not as tacky as UDPP but works just as well. My lids are not too oily but there was no creasing with this primer at all and I generally wear my makeup for at least 8+ hours when I go out about time.

Will repurchase!

on 3/25/2012 4:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this base,it works well for me. Even though I have oily eyelids it does keep my shadow from creasing all day! At $7.00 it was well worth it! It's not too dry or too wet :) i only gave it 4 lipsticks because I am sure there are even better primers out there that I have yet to try! i would reccomend this and repurchase :)

on 3/8/2012 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Maybe it's because I have oily lids, so for dry people, there's a chance. As for me, this product creases wayyy too easily! I applied this primer, left it by itself for 10 seconds, then this thing gave me lines throughout my lids!
I thought applying setting powder over the primer would help it crease less because I do in fact like the other features of this primer, like the fact that I don't break out and that eye shadow applies pretty well.
However, I still creased a lot, as if I put grease on my lids. It's actually worse for me to apply this than to wear eyeshadow alone!
I don't get the love on this product, sorry everyone!

on 2/29/2012 10:37:00 PM

This is a great eyeshadow primer!!! I don't have much experience with eyelid primers so don't have a whole lot to compare this too, but it does everything I want. I apply a tiny amount with the sponge tip directly to the eyelid, then use my fingertip to spread and pat it across my eyelid, up to the browbone. It dries to a slightly tacky finish in seconds. I then apply my eyeshadow and bam, strong colour for the rest of the day and ZERO creasing on my crazy oily lids. Skip the expensive brands, this one does the job for a fraction of the price.

on 2/28/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Best eyeshadow primer ever! I've used UDPP but this has better staying power. My shadow was still in place with zero creasing after 18 hours! The other great part...it's only $7 at Ulta!

on 2/17/2012 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This works very well for the price, but it doesn't perform better than UD primer potion on me. This didn't crease, but I did notice fading at the end of the day. I would definitely recommend this to someone on a tight budget. This is just good to me, but not my favorite eyeshadow primer for my hooded eyes.

I have previously used TF SI, UD PP, NARS, and LORAC BTS primers. I was in need of a new tube and had heard this was good... decided to try. I'm glad I did! I love the consistency of this. It is actually my favorite of all the ones I've tried. It holds my shadow and liner on like iron and it doesn't make my shadow look weird or thick over the top of it. It's also easy to blend over. Really brings the color and sheen out in e/s that otherwise seemed to not be very pigmented or shimmery. Love this - I will not be purchasing the overpriced primers anymore!!!

on 2/10/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Stop looking for another eyeshadow primer! This is HG material. I have very oily skin (confirmed by my sister, the aesthetician) and have tried to combat this with many different bases. I've used L'Oreal De-Crease, MAC paints, UDPP, ELF, and most recently TFSI for a while. I found that on my oily lids, TFSI performed better than UDPP, but it still wasn't standing the test of my 10 hour workdays.

However, the NYX HD primer does! I put on my face at 7AM and usually come home at 5ish. It even lasts through my post-work cardio at the gym! I started using this primer at the beginning of this week and couldn't believe when I looked in the mirror at the end of the day. I had zero creasing and no oiliness on my lids! My shadow still looked as crisp and blended as it had before I left the house! This is HG for sure! I feel sorry that I hadn't discovered it earlier.

If you feel like your lids are an oil factory, please give this product a shot. If it can stand up to my lids, it can withstand almost anything! continued >>