December 22, 2014 | 1060 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by katiebaby87

This is a great eyeshadow primer!!! I don't have much experience with eyelid primers so don't have a whole lot to compare this too, but it does everything I want. I apply a tiny amount with the sponge tip directly to the eyelid, then use my fingertip to spread and pat it across my eyelid, up to the browbone. It dries to a slightly tacky finish in seconds. I then apply my eyeshadow and bam, strong colour for the rest of the day and ZERO creasing on my crazy oily lids. Skip the expensive brands, this one does the job for a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Best eyeshadow primer ever! I've used UDPP but this has better staying power. My shadow was still in place with zero creasing after 18 hours! The other great part...it's only $7 at Ulta!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works very well for the price, but it doesn't perform better than UD primer potion on me. This didn't crease, but I did notice fading at the end of the day. I would definitely recommend this to someone on a tight budget. This is just good to me, but not my favorite eyeshadow primer for my hooded eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by taurusgurl5984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have previously used TF SI, UD PP, NARS, and LORAC BTS primers. I was in need of a new tube and had heard this was good... decided to try. I'm glad I did! I love the consistency of this. It is actually my favorite of all the ones I've tried. It holds my shadow and liner on like iron and it doesn't make my shadow look weird or thick over the top of it. It's also easy to blend over. Really brings the color and sheen out in e/s that otherwise seemed to not be very pigmented or shimmery. Love this - I will not be purchasing the overpriced primers anymore!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by BurgundyMist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Stop looking for another eyeshadow primer! This is HG material. I have very oily skin (confirmed by my sister, the aesthetician) and have tried to combat this with many different bases. I've used L'Oreal De-Crease, MAC paints, UDPP, ELF, and most recently TFSI for a while. I found that on my oily lids, TFSI performed better than UDPP, but it still wasn't standing the test of my 10 hour workdays.

However, the NYX HD primer does! I put on my face at 7AM and usually come home at 5ish. It even lasts through my post-work cardio at the gym! I started using this primer at the beginning of this week and couldn't believe when I looked in the mirror at the end of the day. I had zero creasing and no oiliness on my lids! My shadow still looked as crisp and blended as it had before I left the house! This is HG for sure! I feel sorry that I hadn't discovered it earlier.

If you feel like your lids are an oil factory, please give this product a shot. If it can stand up to my lids, it can withstand almost anything! continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by summerrose05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my new favorite eyeshadow primer. I used to use the ELF $1 primer, which worked pretty well for me, but now that I'm using this it seems like ELF's primer wasn't that great after all! I mean it did it's job, but it doesn't compare to NYX's in terms of staying power. I applied this under my eyeshadow at 8 am, and at 10 pm that night my eyeshadow had not creased AT ALL! I was shocked. Most of the eyeshadow was still there as well. I'm super impressed with this primer!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by mymakeup007

I was on the hunt for a eyeshadow primer and decided to give this one a try. I wish I hadn't. It was so incredibly greasy and oily and did NOT make my eyeshadows stick well. Definitely not buying this again. Only thing I liked was the applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by jmdmdm

Beats UD Primer potion by a million. Works awesome and is cheap!!! Don't waste your money on UDPP!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by TheUnforgiven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I thought this would be awesome primer, because I saw so many people raving about it and I've loved all the other NYX products I've tried. Well, I wasn't happy with this.
When I first applied it, it felt really greasy and it didn't "dry" on my lids. It left my eyelids so sticky I had to powder them to be able to put my eye shadow on. I don't think the crease color would have blended nicely on a greasy sticky primer.
I've been using the E.L.F. eyelid primer and it also feels greasy at first, but it dries fast and creates a matte base, so it's easy to blend eyeshadow on it.
I didn't like the texture of this product at all. I was waiting for it to even out my eyelid color too, but I didn't notice any difference to my normal eyelid.
The only thing it did was that it didn't make my eyeshadow crease and that's the most important thing I want from an eyeshadow base, so it wasn't a completely poor product.
I was just disappointed with it. I expected more. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate to give this product such a bad review but with all due honesty, this trully sucks. At first, it worked great, at least with very liht eyeshadows such as champagne and white. When it came to more dramatic colors, this sucked. Badly. It actually made the colors much paler and fade much quicker than wearing the shadows by themselves. I do not recommend this at all.