October 2, 2014 | 1076 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Dee987

I honestly prefer other stippling brushes. It does the job but if you wanted a RT brush for foundation, go for the expert (sold seperately) or flat top brush (comes in the core colletion).

Visit iherb.com and have a browse.That's where I got my RT brushes (Australia is way too expensive). I used a coupon code too!

Discount Code: ZEH931 ($5 or $10 off order)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

Just bought some brushes at ULTA with my 20% off coupon. I have wanted a stippling brush for awhile now and just could not spend the money on a mac one. Anyway - this is so amazing for applying foundation to get a flawless look. I dap some all over my face then go in and "stipple" with this. For $10 it was def worth it! I love the way my face comes out and I am very satisfied!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by CET13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great brush--I have both Eco-Tools and the Sonia Kashuk versions, and I prefer this stippling brush hands down over those two. This is the best tool for blending powder foundation, in my opinion. I have used it with my Dior, Laura Geller, Physicians Formula, Palladio, and Cargo powder foundations, and it is a super-star at blending them in for a seamless finish. I like to use a traditional foundation brush to apply the foundation, and then I go back over with this buff it out. I got mine at Ulta, on sale, and with a coupon, so it was really affordable for the quality. It doesn't shed at all, is easy to clean and dry, and easy to hold (my main complaint about Eco-Tools).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by amystewart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The most over-hyped brush I have ever had. I adore Sam and her sister on pixiwoo and was so excited to buy these brushes - I don't know what I expected with this one but it wasn't the result I got. All the brushes are nowhere near as soft as the body shops line, and I had to buff this in for ages to stop my foundation bring streaky. It also lost bristles over my face - horrible! To be honest when you look at the price it's not surprising - you get what you pay for. I'm going to save up for some decent high end brushes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

On my second one of these.
I use liquid foundation with this and its the best technique I have found so far. My routine can be lengthy and I have to say stippling doesn't make anything quicker, but nonetheless this brush is amazing.
Need to find a better way to clean this gem, as its my laziness and not the brush's fault that I don't take care of it! Anyway, keep this one super clean when using foundation consistently (1xweek) and you're good to go. Go buy this... it can't be beat. Did I mention the price?! Jeez this is a good deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Jesicle

Can't believe I didn't know about this stippling brush sooner! I've been using it since around Christmas time ever since I saw one in my sisters makeup collection and I love it. I previously used little makeup sponges which were good but not great. I use Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation and it goes hand in hand perfectly with this stippling brush. I stipple it on to my face then blend in light circles and I get a really smooth airbrushed look. My foundation doesn't get cakey or anything, I love it. I would recommend washing it every week as I do get a lot of product buildup in mine and it makes the brush give a streaky result but its easy to wash and then it's like brand new again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by ihasa

I love this brush. Of all the Real Techniques brushes I own, this is by far my favorite and most used.

The quality is great for the price. Sturdy handle (with a flat bottom so you can stand it up), nice bristles. A few bristles did fall out the very first time I used it, but none since. Picks up the perfect amount of liquid product,

I got it solely for liquid foundation, but now use it for pretty much my entire face (powder blush/bronzer and liquid highlighter). Would work great with cream makeup too.

So glad I tried this brush before dropping more cash on a pricier brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I picked this up at ulta B1G1 half off and am obsessed!! It's the only face brush you need, seriously! It blends foundation like a dream, evenly distributes bronzer, and is perfect for a dusting of blush on my cheekbones. I wish that I bought 2 of these because I'm blown away by the high quality, but I bought the last one:( I see a return trip to ulta in my near future to buy another! The bristles are soft, yet firm and the handle is sturdy, it even stands upright on a flat surface. Get this now!! My skin has never looked so immaculate and no tell-tale makeup smears in sight. I recommend using a stippling motion starting from the inside of your face then make your way to outer corners, chin, and neck. The result is an even, airbrushed finish! Sam offers how to vids on YT that are super helpful to check out!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Sedatedalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've had this brush for a few days now, bought it on Amazon on a whim to fill a $25 order.

It wasn't what I expected at all. I was thinking it was going to be a larger brush, like the ELF stippling brush or MAC's. So I was initially disappointed, but thought, well, I bought it, why not give it a try?

I use this with my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I put a little foundation on the back of my hand, then dip the brush in it and stipple away. I know in her videos she shows using it in a buffing motion but that didn't work for me. So I just stipple all over my face, going over it a couple times, usually picking up any left over make up on my hand to buff into problem areas (I have rosacea and the occasional acne outbreak, plus a nose with more black heads than there are people on the planet).

What amazed me the most after using this brush is that when I was finally done, not only did I have a beautifully blended face, but the white stippling bristles were actually white again. It didn't soak up any of my foundation at all! That's pretty amazing in my book. I then turn around and will use it to put on my translucent powder (Currently using ELF High Definition powder).

Overall, I'm pleased with it's performance so far. I could see this being awesome for applying cream blushes, highlights, or contouring small areas of the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Mmariex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this brush to apply my foundation and it's exactly what i was looking for! Makes my skin look flawless!