August 27, 2014 | 1779 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by amystewart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The most over-hyped brush I have ever had. I adore Sam and her sister on pixiwoo and was so excited to buy these brushes - I don't know what I expected with this one but it wasn't the result I got. All the brushes are nowhere near as soft as the body shops line, and I had to buff this in for ages to stop my foundation bring streaky. It also lost bristles over my face - horrible! To be honest when you look at the price it's not surprising - you get what you pay for. I'm going to save up for some decent high end brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

On my second one of these.
I use liquid foundation with this and its the best technique I have found so far. My routine can be lengthy and I have to say stippling doesn't make anything quicker, but nonetheless this brush is amazing.
Need to find a better way to clean this gem, as its my laziness and not the brush's fault that I don't take care of it! Anyway, keep this one super clean when using foundation consistently (1xweek) and you're good to go. Go buy this... it can't be beat. Did I mention the price?! Jeez this is a good deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Jesicle

Can't believe I didn't know about this stippling brush sooner! I've been using it since around Christmas time ever since I saw one in my sisters makeup collection and I love it. I previously used little makeup sponges which were good but not great. I use Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation and it goes hand in hand perfectly with this stippling brush. I stipple it on to my face then blend in light circles and I get a really smooth airbrushed look. My foundation doesn't get cakey or anything, I love it. I would recommend washing it every week as I do get a lot of product buildup in mine and it makes the brush give a streaky result but its easy to wash and then it's like brand new again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by ihasa

I love this brush. Of all the Real Techniques brushes I own, this is by far my favorite and most used.

The quality is great for the price. Sturdy handle (with a flat bottom so you can stand it up), nice bristles. A few bristles did fall out the very first time I used it, but none since. Picks up the perfect amount of liquid product,

I got it solely for liquid foundation, but now use it for pretty much my entire face (powder blush/bronzer and liquid highlighter). Would work great with cream makeup too.

So glad I tried this brush before dropping more cash on a pricier brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I picked this up at ulta B1G1 half off and am obsessed!! It's the only face brush you need, seriously! It blends foundation like a dream, evenly distributes bronzer, and is perfect for a dusting of blush on my cheekbones. I wish that I bought 2 of these because I'm blown away by the high quality, but I bought the last one:( I see a return trip to ulta in my near future to buy another! The bristles are soft, yet firm and the handle is sturdy, it even stands upright on a flat surface. Get this now!! My skin has never looked so immaculate and no tell-tale makeup smears in sight. I recommend using a stippling motion starting from the inside of your face then make your way to outer corners, chin, and neck. The result is an even, airbrushed finish! Sam offers how to vids on YT that are super helpful to check out!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Sedatedalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've had this brush for a few days now, bought it on Amazon on a whim to fill a $25 order.

It wasn't what I expected at all. I was thinking it was going to be a larger brush, like the ELF stippling brush or MAC's. So I was initially disappointed, but thought, well, I bought it, why not give it a try?

I use this with my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I put a little foundation on the back of my hand, then dip the brush in it and stipple away. I know in her videos she shows using it in a buffing motion but that didn't work for me. So I just stipple all over my face, going over it a couple times, usually picking up any left over make up on my hand to buff into problem areas (I have rosacea and the occasional acne outbreak, plus a nose with more black heads than there are people on the planet).

What amazed me the most after using this brush is that when I was finally done, not only did I have a beautifully blended face, but the white stippling bristles were actually white again. It didn't soak up any of my foundation at all! That's pretty amazing in my book. I then turn around and will use it to put on my translucent powder (Currently using ELF High Definition powder).

Overall, I'm pleased with it's performance so far. I could see this being awesome for applying cream blushes, highlights, or contouring small areas of the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Mmariex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this brush to apply my foundation and it's exactly what i was looking for! Makes my skin look flawless!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I won't repurchase because I think this will last me for many years but at the same time it also makes makeup streaky cause the bristle is the hardest compared to the rest. I am sure they are better stippling brushes out there but this should be the cheapest & better quality compared to the rest.

Dries fast after cleaning.

Use this everyday for stippling mineral foundation to get a more airbrushed look. But on other type of foundation this will streak your makeup like crazy. Lightly does it.

However, I don't think I need this brush at all cause I've stopped having bad skin and use very light makeup.

Pixiwoo really knows how to make brushes!

EDIT 27th March 2013: Oh my! Shed like crazy! And only 1 month into using it. I think I've lost 1/3 of the hair. What is this!?!?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by cherrryyyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so happy with this brush. I first purchased this to use for blush, I liked it but eventually branched out to use the RT blush brush instead which I prefer. I now use this for my everyday foundation and I absolutely love it. I never used brushes for my foundation before this. I tried brushes, but never liked the finish they gave me enough to use them instead of my hands. I'm so glad, because brushes are so much cleaner. I love how the RT brushes are dark, but have white tips so you can tell when they're dirty. This is a good all around brush, it can be used for so much, blush, highlighter, foundation. I even use this for concealer after I've stippled in my foundation. I use it to push the product in to my skin and absolutely love it. I recently purchased the expert face brush, so I'll see how I get on with that one. It's supposed to give a fuller coverage than this one, so I'm hoping that will be my fancy brush and this one will be my everyday brush :) I'm hoping I'll never have to buy another one of these, and that it'll last me forever. But if anything is to happen to this brush I will have to repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Up until recently I had been using the Eco Tools stippling brush, and in the interests of expanding my brush horizons, I gave into the Youtube hype and got this one.

I really wanted to like this, but it ended up being a miss, such a disappointment as I'd heard so many good things about it.

The tips of the bristles are really pointy and spiky, making foundation stippling almost painful, and the application is just streaky and weird.
I found it was better for blush and highlighter, so it wasn't a total dud, but I was really hoping to use it for liquid foundation (as per its intended purpose).
I'm giving 3 lippies to account for the fact that it might have just been a bad one, but honestly, I highly doubt I'd repurcahse.