September 18, 2014 | 1342 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After the Stippling Brush and the Expert Face Brush, I convinced myself I was in need of a new bronzer brush that wasn't a kabuki (I don't like short handle brushes). So to Boots I went and with it I came back.
The Real Techniques blush brush is not your average blush tool. It is a domed brush made of ultra soft taklon bristles featuring a slightly pointed tip with round chiseled sides. I find it really good for the bronzer task, it swirls around the cheeks leaving the most natural flush of tan. If paired with a good blush, it lights up the complexion as if lit from within rather than just on the apples of your cheeks.
At 9.99, another good achievement by this affordable brand

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by principessa24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush for applying bright blush colors because it initially applies a sheer wash of color that can be built up for more intensity. It's a large brush, but the tapered tulip shape prevents it from being too big for my face. The bristles are soft and plush, and I haven't noticed any shedding yet. The price point is absolutely fantastic -- I find this to be comparable quality to MAC or NARS for half the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by arclightlux

A nice brush overall. It's definitely much larger than I thought it would be from watching the Pixiwoo videos. It applies a nicely diffused wash of color for a soft finish which is very nice. If you want a more defined contour line then perhaps go with a small brush like the MAC 109 or the Real Techniques Expert face brush which is also great at contouring (such an amazing brush). I would repurchase if my brush gets old since it's not too ridiculously expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by SootGremlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee o^_____^o

That is how I feel about the Blush Brush the one and only one I have ever loved in my many trial and errors with others. I love the size of it and how soft it is and how much blush it picks up AND how perfect it applies it.

Let's not forget the affordable price tag!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Dear Real Techniques, thank you so much for your amazing brushes. Their quality blows my MAC brushes out of the water and doesn't break my bank. I cannot believe how soft this brush is - it feels like a bunny or something lol. I kinda thought it was a little big for blush - perhaps even too big for bronzer (which is why I initially bought it, i need a better bronzer brush) but I was afraid it wasn't going to pick up enough powder. Turns out I was wrong! This brush is AMAZING for my bronzer! The tapered shape of it is perfect for contouring and I also love that it buffs it out, too! I don't feel like I waste product (sometimes bigger bronzer brushes kick up too much powder that you don't even get to use) and it seriously deposits the PERFECT amount of bronzer. I dip the tip into my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, and place it underneath my cheek bone and blend in circular motions. It looks so natural, yet defined! ahhhh! I am buying all of the Real Technique Brushes and I will never need to buy another brush again! I also love that I can build up a darker more dramatic contour if I desire, but it's still not muddy or too much. LOOOOVEEEE

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by alextuthreefour

I LOVE THIS BRUSH! I just can't bring myself to purchase expensive brushes (MAC, Sigma, etc) but I was getting pretty tired of my shedding ELF brush. To be fair...that brush lasted me a long time and I think it is great for the money. Anyways! This Real Techniques brush...oh baby I am in love! I got a couple on a BOGO half off at Ulta and this brush and the buffing brush (from the Core Collection) are my favorite. This egg-shaped brush is great for powder, blush, bronzer, highlighter, even cream products if you're desperate. I do have the multitask brush, but I actually think this brush is much better for multitasking. The tapered end helps powder near the nose and under the eyes and works great for contouring and blush. It is also extremely soft. I LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this brush. I use it to apply mineral powder blush and it works really well. Only thing is I find it's a bit too soft to blend out properly if I get any harsh lines so I use a firmer powder brush for that. But I do love how soft it is, and it dries quickly and reforms it shape really well after being washed. These brushes look great as well, I love the handles and the fact that they stand up on their own, very handy. Sadly we get ripped off in Australia and are charged more than twice the price of the US for these, but I couldn't be bothered ordering online when I bought this. So if I buy any more Real Techniques brushes I will definitely get a few at once and order online to save money.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Much like the setting brush from the same line, this isn't quite as soft and dense as the legend goes, and as a result can seem a little flimsy, but I still like it. It works on apples of the cheeks as well as in contours, blends the product nicely and leaves a smooth finish.

Another thing I appreciate about these brushes is their substantial black plastic end. After reading some reveiws I was afraid the brushes might feel too light in the hand, but the black part actually makes them well balanced and comfortable to use without the whole thing becoming too heavy.

EDIT: I ended up using it as a powder brush. It turns out this brush seriously lacks in resilience - when you use it in a repeated sweeping motion, the bristles actually stay bent. Yes, it's easy to reshape them, but the point is you need a brush that has a nice "bounce" to it. This really is too flimsy and sparse. Counting in the issue with the very average softness, I'm not particularly tempted to try the rest of the line. I don't quite understand the hype - is there an issue with quality control and I just got worse brushes than most people on here?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by gracyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

AWESOME brush! It does all the blending work all by itself, so no need to worry when dealing with highly pigmented blush. It picks up just the right amount of product needed in one swipe, and the tapered cut of the brush contours the cheek bones beautifully, with no effort. Lastly, like every Real Technique brushes , the bristles clean up very well, dry fast and remain soft. A great purchase, go get it! Especially since it is so affordable, I bought it 10.99 at Boots.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my latest purchase in my collection of Real Techniques brushes. I have to say that I bought this hoping that it would work as a bronzer brush. I have been looking for the right one for some time. I think it's kind of big for a blush brush. I love the tapered shape of this brush and the softness of the taklon bristles. I am spoiled forever by these synthetic brushes!

I did use this brush to apply my bronzer. Sam Chapman did a tutorial video showing how to use this brush for both bronzer and blush. It picked up just the right amount of bronzer and worked beautifully. I used it to contour just below my cheekbones and then around my temples and forehand for a perfect dusting of color. Now I have found my bronzer brush! I also used it for blush, but I prefer the contour brush from the Core Collection for that purpose. I did not like the contour brush for applying bronzer. It's like the mini version of the blush brush, but works better for blush and highlighter.

I am impressed yet again by the versatility and flexibility of these brushes. You can find so many uses for each one. The blush brush is the biggest one I have and it took longer to dry than the Expert Face brush and the Buffing brush. There was no shedding at all. It did hold its shape after washing very well.

I think this is a great addition to my collection. I am so pleased with how this brush applied my bronzer. I got a soft, natural look. I got a great deal on iherb.com with a discount. I paid $9.99 total, including shipping!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No