MAC Candy Yum-Yum

Candy, rainbows and Unicorns

on 1/25/2013 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The last question is would you buy it again? Yes, but that is because I had no choice, I ordered it before the Holiday and I wanted to wear it for NYE. So I did and it looked fab, I used it with white lipmix and it was a beautiful ombre color but the reason why I had to repurchase it was because I lost it on NYE, smh!! I was so devasted & upset that I had to pay for it again when I only used it 1x but I will say I am very happy with it and glad that it did become available again! I hope I don't have to buy it again any time soon!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have kind of fallen out of love with MAC over the past 3 or so years but this lipstick made me go back to them for it! It's so pretty and wearable, I have really pale skin that is weird and sometimes pink this super saturated look terrible on me but this one works and is versatile! Totally worth it, great formula and wear...very very happy with this lipstick...really reminded me that even if I'm not into every MAC collection I still love the quality of their best lipsticks and Candy Yum Yum is awesome and one of their best!

on 1/23/2013 2:16:00 AM

Epitome of Barbie pink lipstick. The color is definitely on the vivacious side. I love matte lipsticks but I felt this one was kind of dry and the texture wouldn't come out right on my lips. All my other MACs btw are matte but this one in particular didn't come out evenly. I will keep trying however. Other than that, charming pop of animated color pleasant to the eye. Also love MAC lipsticks' vanilla scents. Definitely adds to the appeal of Candy YUM YUM. =D

on 1/21/2013 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After waiting 3 weeks for MAC to re stock, I FINALLY received MY Candy Yum Yum, I am a PINK girl, I LOVE pink glosses, lipstick, blush anything :) This lipstick is GORGEOUS, I received a TON of compliments! U MUST MOISTURIZE ur lips prior to applying this lipstick, its matte so every dry flake will show up. I am ready to re order just to have for a back up

I have always been in love with bright, bold lip colors, but always from afar- until now. CYY is finally permanent and I tried it for kicks at my MAC counter. I knew I'd hate it, that it wouldn't look right on my NC25/30 skin, that it would be too bold... To my surprise, it's absolutely perfect. I've never owned a matte lipstick because I love gloss, but this is glorious. It leaves a gorgeous stain and never feathers or fades unevenly. Did I mention that it's perfect?

If you like bold colors, don't question if it will go with your skin color. Just try it! It's a new favorite. Highly recommend.

on 1/4/2013 8:26:00 PM

I love pink lipsticks and i've been meaning to get this candy yum yum for such a really long time but it was always sold out. So when it came back for good i went to the mac counter right away, i tried it on and it felt so dry on my lips so i bought a cremesheen glass (Loud and lovely) at the same time to pair it with candy yumyum, i have to say that its a perfect combination very intense though. What i didn't realize is that the nars schiap lipstick that i have is very similar with candy yum yum! So my candy yum yum is still in the packaging, i'm still contemplating wether return it or not. :s if you are not a fan of a very vibrant, matte finish don't buy this lipstick.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Lately I've been on a huge buying spree of red and pink lippies. CYY was one of the shades that made it home with me. This lippie is not for the shy at all. It is traffic stopping neon pink. Paired with MAC magenta lip liner it looks absolutely beautiful. Its very important to have exfoliated lips because this will show every crevice and then some on your lips. I actually applied a tiny amount of Chapstick lip balm before application. I can pair this lippie with either a black winged eye or a brown neutral eye. This and few others have gained HG status in my collection.

on 1/4/2013 3:56:00 PM

I am a nude lover. I buy bright and unique colors and never use them (not brave enough?). I just can't pass certain colors that catch my eye and I was sad that lipstck kept selling out so quick but I was not obsessed about having it. I saw some reviews that compared it to OCC nylon so I got that from Sephora and I like it but I still prefer lipsticks over the tars. When I saw that it was permanent, I was probably one of the first to race (why was I rushing?) to get it online. I gotta say...I really love it and that is probably because it is matte. I love matte anything, and matte neons just do something for me lol. It definitely is bright and smooth and pigmented. I would keep my makeup very simple when wearing this, unless you are adventurous with looks. I really like how it brightens up my fair skin and black hair. The color is so pigmented and bright that it appears consistent in color across different skin tones/colors but since it is permanent I would suggest trying it in stores first.

on 1/1/2013 8:21:00 PM

A pink lover, I jumped on this when it was re-issued. This is a fun, unique color high on impact and quite unlike (also delightful) Show Orchid. Worth buying!

on 12/31/2012 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I have this color and it is very vibrant. I wear it with an smokey eye look. Its very long lasting. I can wear this lipstick for evening as it is. Or sheer it out with a nude lipgloss. Loving it!

Popular Lipsticks