July 28, 2014 | 1628 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by emiroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love this mascara. Ive tried many mascaras (i have ginger eyelashes which must be covered!) and this is by far the best. It is quite a dry formula but i find that this makes it easier to pile on extra layers for volume and length. I always get compliments when i wear this mascara and im forever recommending it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by paolandlove

Good stuff. Kinda expected from Maybelline, they make great mascaras. This is good, but if you don't curl your lashes before hand it makes your lashes look clumpy and kinda spidery. Not good. This mascara doesn't give me that much volume, but it did give me longgg lashes! It does work really well when you curl your lashes before like I said, and my lashes are really soft. This was nice. Colossal is way better though (the yellow and blue tube)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by viverr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hello, Holy Grail mascara! I'm so glad I found you on Makeupalley! Holds curl, doesn't smudge (which is HUGE for me as all "supposedly non-smudgeable mascaras smudge on me), looks very nice - really one by one/angelic-looking. Easy to remove actually with a bit of eye makeup remover and cotton pads. Big thumbs up from me!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by sahara8769

Loved the overall appearance after applying two coats of this product and curling my lashes, however I absolutely hate the brush applicator. I find it difficult to get right into the inner and outer corner of my eyelashes. Also, be sure to record the date you open the product, so you do not use it over the 3 month mark, because it causes irritation and my eyes water if used after the three months.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by sparklesxo

LOVE this mascara. I naturally have long, but stick straight lashes, and this is the only drugstore mascara I've tried that really works for me. It perfectly separates and defines my lashes while holding a curl. It doesn't smear or flake at all, while most mascaras I've tried do, including high end ones. Also, this is VERY waterproof- it's actually a bit hard to get off.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that this waterproof mascara does exactly what it should- stays on in the water! This is my go-to mascara. I picked it up while on vacation in Florida, and have been wearing it on the pool, on the boat, in the lake, etc. It stays on. Period. When it does come off, it flakes. It doesn't come off in thick, black layers, which is a good thing. It's a little tricky to get off, but hey, that's what comes with the territory of waterproof mascara. No, this mascara does not give dramatic, false lashes. But it does give pretty, fluffy, separated lashes with no clumps. I like this mascara for an every day, light summer look. I'd repurchase in the future. The brush does a good job of catching every lash. I love the design of the brush and the handle, I feel that you have a lot of control while applying. This is the least intense of the Volum Express mascaras, however, it still holds it's own by being a good natural alternative. Don't let the word natural fool you- it's nothing like bare lashes. It just makes it look like you have long, full, real lashes. Not fake ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by finnybite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am actually a waterproof mascara fan--I find that they hold a curl a lot better than their non-waterproof counterparts. After reading all the great reviews here, I bought Maybelline One-by-One Waterproof and for the top lashes, I couldn't be happier. I have short, straight, sparse lashes that I curl religiously and this mascara holds a curl better than any I have tried to date while still keeping lashes looking feathery and separated. The brush is a little big for me, but that's just personal preference. My one problem is that it doesn't work on my bottom lashes. My eyes aren't very oily or watery so I don't normally have a problem with bottom lash mascara (although I do always opt for a waterproof or tubing formula), but this mascara smudges all over the place on my bottom lashes! It's a pity because the separating formula looks great on bottom lashes when I first put it on, but after a couple of hours I end up with raccoon eyes! Nevertheless, I will definitely repurchase for use on top lashes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all, like a reviewer below, I don't usually use waterproof mascara BUT I do like this one a LOT. I got it because it was on sale during the last CVS beauty clearance and I figured, eh, I'm in Florida and it's summer... waterproof can't hurt. Really, this mascara is everything I wanted Mega Plush to be. Dark black, easy to apply, great volume AND definition. Plus, it holds a curl! I was honestly shocked at how much I like this mascara and didn't expect it to give me the false-lash look that I get with a few coats. My only complaint is that it takes substantial effort to get off- at night, I usually do eye makeup remover, then shower and wash my face, then clean up around the eyes again, let dry and apply eye cream. I have to do an extra "pre-wash" with this mascara at night and sometimes clean up little smudges that appear overnight, in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all, I bought this solely on the reviews this. The reviews caught my eye because mascara rarely has such high ratings so when I saw this, I had to give it a try. This is the best mascara I have tried by far, including drugstore and high end! I have tried more drugstore than high end mascaras because a good mascara is sooo hard to find and I'd rather experiement with cheaper drugstore ones than have to pay $20+ for a high end brand and the high end ones I have tried have still disappointed me. This gives me nice fluttery volume, it's buildable, decent lengthening, and best of it does not smudge on me, even in this hot, humid, disgusting weather! I took a walk during my lunch break a few days ago when it was in the 90's and VERY humid and I was pretty sweaty afterwards but still no smudges! If I wear very creamy concealer or a rich eye cream, there will be a little bit of darkness right underneath my lashes but no noticeable smudge. The fact that this is impressing me is saying a lot because my lashes are pathetic. They are very thin, sparse, and short. They also do not hold a curl well unless I use a good waterproof mascara and this holds it perfectly with no drooping throughout the day. I don't have any problems removing this mascara because I use MAC's oil based makeup remover. Love that I found my perfect mascara at the drugstore!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a couple of waterproof mascaras to see which holds up best in NY's summer heat and humidity.. This mascara gave some curl, volume, and length but nothing spectacular.. Also looks a bit dull and uncharming. At least it gives a somewhat natural look but I might have tried better. I've worn it for a couple of hours, I think it mightve melted and smudged a bit. The temperature today was a high of 82, hot and partly cloudy but not too hot.