September 1, 2014 | 942 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by thechain

The best black eyeliner ever.
This eyeliner, true to its name, will stay on all day. In fact, the only complaint I have is that it's often hard to remove at the end of the day.

The formula is creamy, and appears almost liquid-like when it's on your lids. It's easily smudged, perfect for a smokey eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by pkkatalina

I had been using Zero on my waterline and really had problems with it staying on.
Tested this on my wrist and saw how it was a more intense black and gave it a whirl. I like the way it looks on the waterline.
You can always try to "set" it by putting a little black eyeshadow powder over the top if it doesn't irritate your eyes.
Will report back on the wearability/longevity.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by theinflightradio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh, horrible horrible horrible. My normal go-to eyeliner is Stila's Smudgepot but as you might imagine, I was looking for something a bit more convenient. I tried on UD's 24/7 one day in stores and I loved how quickly/smoothly it went on. So, when my latest Stila dried up (another huge negative), I went out and picked up UD in Perversion. I will first say that the color is super rich and pigmented, that ultra black so many people strive for. Unfortunately, it had absolutely no staying power when it came to my small Asian eyes. Within an hour of application, my eyelids and lower waterline would be completely smeared with the color. Needless to say, the liner is going immediately back to the store and I'm going to swap it out with my usual Smudgepot instead. It's a hassle, but nothing has quite as much durability!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by 1CupcakeJunkie

Super dark black, which i loooooove, and very creamy which makes it easy to apply but it smudges like CRAZY!!! Now my skin is oily and my eyes do get watery but i want to look for something that can try and stay in place. This wasn't it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Fitouesumwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Smudge alert. You'll look like a racoon. Don't buy.

I'm kinda sad because it's the darkest black that I've found and the application was great but it smudge like I've never seen a product smudge before.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I received this in the Urban Decay Ocho Loco set.
Perversion is just about the best black pencil eyeliner out there. No, it's not the deep, rich black color that dubs it so--although the color is undoubtedly the blackest black, it's not impressive. There are other options that are just as black, including drugstore eyeliners (namely, L'Oreal Extra Intense in Carbon Black and Prestige Total Intensity in Deepest Black, to name a few).
What makes Perversion superior to the others are its formulation. The formulation of Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-Ons are incredibly heavenly amazing. They are not only creamy (but not overly so) and smooth, but they really do stay put all day long!
Perversion stayed put on my upper AND lower lash line without smudging or fading for 10 hours. It does, however, smudge a little bit on hot days (90 degrees and up) and during my dance classes (I'm an avid dancer), but that's to be expected, especially since my eyelids tend to be oily. On the waterline, though, it only lasts for a few hours, but that in itself is already pretty good wear time. I haven't tried an eyeliner that lasts more than an hour on the waterline.
It's also great for black smokey eyes!
Although this is my favorite black eyeliner, nothing can justify its price. Not get me wrong--I'm a frequent high-end makeup customer--but $19 for an eyeliner is ridiculous. The only time I ever get UD 24/7 liners is if I purchase them in sets, where you get more bang for your buck. Otherwise, I'd never buy them individually.
Would I repurchase? Yes, in sets.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in a set a couple years ago. I don't use it all the time cus I tend to be a liner whore and use different ones often... or use mixing medium or another liner seal to make liners from different pigments I have.
I thought this might be my hg waterline liner, I was wrong.
It does not smear as much if i use it on the lashline but once used on the waterline all bets are off. I wear contacts and my eyes water a bit, so I am looking for my perfect wears like iron waterline liner.
I love that it's super black. I just wish it wore better. I'd buy again if I ever finish the pencil but with the amount of liners I have that could be awhile.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this since I heard many good things about the UD 24/7 Zero eyeliner. I wore it to my staff Xmas party, and after about a half hour, I looked like a raccoon...The black smudged everywhere and ended up underneath my eyes. My eyes looked like they had dark shadows underneath, needless to say I came out horrendous in every picture. The pencil was creamy and pigmented, but it smudged like no other liner and was difficult to get a more defined line since it was too creamy. It can definitely be used as a black base for eyeshadows or to do a smoky look. I almost made my friend purchase this at the time I was buying it bc I was so sure it was going to be the greatest eyeliner ever...I was wrong. Very disappointed...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This eye pencil smears terribly. The lead is too soft. It has to be sharpened constantly and it's overpriced.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by macbook313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read lots of reviews that said this was great for contact lens wearers, and I couldn't disagree more. The minute I put this on, my eyes were blurry. I have a brand new pair of contacts in, so it's definitely this eyeliner that causes such discomfort. I really can't speak to staying power because I struggled with blurry eyes for the 5 hours I had it on. Yuck. Going back immediately.