July 29, 2014 | 1698 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first... I hated this powder!!!! I incorrectly accused it of causing horrid breakouts and itchy skin... I had started using this powder at the same time I had started using MAC wipes for the first time... Yes, those evil wipes were the culprit! Once I eliminated those from my routine..my skin cleared up...

Anywho back to this powder, this will replace my MSF natural as my favorite MAC compact powder. It gives me a little more coverage, my skin looks velvety smooth...not cakey. I have used this to set my MAC Face and Body/Pro Longwear/Studio Fix Fluid/Mineralize Compact Foundations....works beautifully with each of em. Definite repurchase for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went to a MAC counter yesterday evening and picked this up along with the Viva Glam Gaga 2 lipstick and samples of the Pro Longwear Foundation & Concealer. I tried the Mineralize Skin Finish Natural a while back, and I wasn't too crazy about it. I'm not a huge fan of powder. I tried the Ideal Shade loose powder from Avon, and I wasn't crazy about that either. They were both "too powdery" for my liking. I decided to try this one based on the reviews that I read, and I'm glad I did. I was matched to Medium-Dark which is a great match. It comes with a sponge. I have tried it with the sponge and a powder brush. They both work well when it comes to applying it. This doesn't give a matte finish. It gives a natural finish (which is what I was looking for). This doesn't look too powdery, and it's not cakey at all. It applies so smoothly. I really like this powder, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good powder. My skin is somewhat sensitive, and this didn't irritate me, which I appreciate. Nice packaging- comes with a mirror too.

Edit: 6/28/11- I LOVE this powder so much, and I'm a girl who never went near a powder before because they were always too cakey or looked too powdery. I usually use overtop of a tinted moisturizer, and it looks amazing! This applies so smoothly and doesn't look cakey or feel heavy at all. It gives a nice, natural finish. I am NC40 in MAC, and Medium/Dark has been a great color for me. I tried the MSF Natural in the past (that everyone raves about) and didn't really care for it. I will be using this powder for a long time. I works great to set tinted moisturizer/foundation as well as on it's own.

Edit: 8/11/11- I use this everyday over top of my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer Tinted Moisturizer for a natural polished look. This is a nice natural finish. I find a little goes along way. I use this often, and I'm not wear near hitting pan. I will repurchase, but I won't be needing to anytime soon. I am in love with this product. I use the sponge for more coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I read a lot of reviews on here, watched YT reviews, read some beauty blog reviews, etc. From the descriptions and reviews (all positive), I was expecting this to be a perfect powder, one that can be warn alone or as a finishing powder for my liquid foundation. I was expecting this to make my face look matte in oily spots, and finished all over without making other spots looks cakey. What this ended up looking like on my face was matte and finished, but after a few hours, it looked cakey in oily spots, and actually made my face look really dried out in others (which doesn't happen to me!). This powder feels very nice going on, and is smooth and silky, but just doesn't give me the look I'm going for - either on its own or as a finishing powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wanting to try this product for a while and after reading all the reviews on here, I caved and bought it. I normally use MAC MSFN in Medium Plus to set my foundation, so I started looking for something new because I'm nearly out of that. For reference, I'm between an NW25-NW30, closer to the higher end of that, as I have a medium/tan complexion. I decided to give the Medium Plus Studio Careblend power a whirl and at first, all I could think was how light it looks in the pan. I do agree that the shades of Studio Careblend are different than the shades of the MSFNs. The Medium Plus MSFN is a tad darker than Medium Plus Studio Careblend. What I like most about this powder is how it applies like butter, it's such a soft consistency. I don't feel overly powdered like I have felt with my MSFN powder. At first I thought my skin looked a little washed out after applying, but as the day progressed, my skin looked fresh and had a nice, soft look to it. I love the little sponge this comes with and I like how the compact has a mirror. It held my makeup in place and I didn't get oily at all.
This product is a true gem and I look forward to repurchase and hope MAC keeps this around!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by sassenachtiff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference: combo skin, NC25-30, Asian with yellow/golden undertones.

I love this powder. I find it more mattifying than MSFN, which is exactly what I need since my t-zone is perpetually shiny. The texture is interesting--it's a powder, but it seems creamy at the same time and I can wear it without feeling like it makes me look cakey. I apply it with the included puff by pressing the powder into my skin. Then I buff it in with a powder brush. I noticed that I don't have to blot as much during the day when I wear it.

I hit pan on my first Careblend and have since repurchased. Originally, I was wearing Light Plus since it's more yellow, but it was a bit too light for me, so now I'm wearing Medium Plus and it's a way better match. Will buy again once I hit pan on this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Katillac

Love! :-) I've been using MAC's Prep and Prime translucent powder for a very long time, which I still love, but decided to try a powder with some color in it. I have very dry skin, which is why I've stayed away from colored powders in the past ... they usually cake onto my dry patches and look horrible! MAC Studio Careblend pressed powder does NOT do that! I apply it with a powder brush and it looks wonderful! I'm currently using Medium and it matches my NC20 skintone pretty well ... it's a tad dark, but not all that noticeable and it will look perfect as summer starts and I get more of a tan. I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by PerfectPicture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after running out of my Clinique Almost Powder in 02 Neutral Fair. I used Medium Plus which is just about the same as the Clinique version. Almost Powder goes on much lighter than it seems in the pan hence why I needed to go for a darker one and when I tried this on it seemed much better. I am NW15.
PROS
-Range of colours
-Blends easily
-Doesn't melt easily!
-Doesn't soak up my oil.
- It has a mirror!

CONS
-Price but it's worth it!
-I prefer a sponge triangle than the powder pad it comes with but each to their own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I came across this product when I was looking for a MAC bronzer/ contour powder that was matte. After not finding any blush or bronzer that suited my skintone, my MAC makeup artist suggested that I try a powder that was darker than my skintone. After trying this, I was completely amazed at how natural this looked as a contour color on my skintone (NC30-35/C40) without it looking too shimmery or too dark or even too orangey as what most bronzers make my skin look. And because of this, I don't even bother putting on blush anymore, I simply contour and highlight for a gorgeous natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by ohsoosmexy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product 3 days ago. So far, I'm IN LOVE. I'm tossing my MSF to the side and using the Careblend now. I love the coverage and the finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried any other MAC face powder yet, so I can't compare this to any other power in terms of quality. I actually LOVE this powder. I have acne-prone skin and I have scars all over my face but with a little concealer and this over top, I'm good to go in the mornings! Careblend does provide decent coverage, so I'm pretty happy with it. I have combination skin: i have dry patches on my nose and some on my cheeks, while the rest of my face is an oil slick. I find that Careblend is a tad drying, so it sticks to my dry patches a bit, but it keeps my face matte, which is something I'm OK with. For reference, I'm about NC 20 and I have this in Light Plus. I will be repurchasing once I'm finished with my compact. :)