Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color was very underwhelming on me. Admittedly I have naturally pink cheeks,and this just didn't add anything special. This is one of the only matte blushes I have owned. Maybe I like glimmer/glitter in my blushes more than I know. For reference, I'm half asian, NC20-25.

on 1/26/2012 5:47:00 PM

This is a fantastic blush, because the powder is so fine it blends perfectly into the skin. It doesn't look powdery at all and it truly lasts all day on my skin. When I come home sometimes my foundation has already faded but dollface is still there.
As for the color, it's a really nice natural pink, which is not what I was expecting when I bought it, about a year ago. I thought it was going to be more like a bubblegum kind of pink, since the name reminds me of that shade. Instead it is just a healthy touch of light pink to your cheeks, but still lighter than those "natural rosy cheek" blushes, which I am not really a fan of.

Pros:
- A very fine powder
- Extremely long lasting
- Doesn't break me out
- Cutest color without looking too artificial
- Nice packaging, especially for those who, like me, have a ton of blushes, because you can see the color from outside
- Applies even and doesn't look powdery. Doesn't mess up your foundation underneath.

Cons:
- I guess you could find it pricey, but I just love it so much I think it's worth it. I have so many more expensive ones that I don't find as good as dollface (dior, nars, guerlain, givenchy)

on 1/25/2012 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a gift and have only used it once, but I find that it works great!
I prefer this powder over the cheek stain.

on 1/17/2012 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is the prettiest color. It actually looks like doll coloring for their cheeks. It lasts a long time and has natural ingredients. Looking forward to trying the other colors out.

Angelclarice

AngelClarice Beauty and Wellness Site http://angelclarice.blogspot.com/

on 1/16/2012 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this color! It gives me a very fresh and sweet flush on my asian olive skin. Just use a soft hand when applying. This color is almost universal. I can see how many skin tones would work with this. It's all a matter of how you apply it. I also have Exposed, but prefer this as a more natural blush. I use Exposed during the summer for a more bronzey look. The thing I love the most is that it has Tarte's famous Amazonian Clay so it keeps my cheeks not only perfectly flush but shine free too!!!

on 1/16/2012 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Would i buy this product again? Absolutley. This shade again. NO.

Let me say, if you are as pale as a vampire, have red hair, and can see your blue veins on your wrist as clear as mine, this is not going to give you a "dollface" look like you would expect a "pale pink" to give. This is not a pale pink. This is just pink. Not really a bright pink, like amused is, but on me it shows up as i would expect amused to. I am now going to try illamasqua katie to give me the look i thought this would give me. I love everything about this blush, long lasting, fairly pigmented, natural ingredients blah blah blah but this shade is not a pale pink. Sorry Tarte

on 1/13/2012 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was not sure about this color for me, so instead of spending the $25 and getting the big one, I bought the Tarte kit that included a smaller size of this and the PAP bronzer. While I like the color, I'm glad I didn't commit to the entire full size product because it takes me forever to get through a blush. This is a nice, bright cool toned pink. It does a lot to really brighten the face, and depending on what type of brush you use to apply, can be just a small pop of color, or a little more than that. I use a fluffy brush and apply to the apples after I've applied my bronzer and that gives me the look I'm going for - just brightened and perked up a bit. This stays on nicely throughout the day, and is pretty pigmented, while still being easy to work with. I'm NC20-25 for reference, and this shows up on me nicely as a light cool toned pink. EDIT: I've changed my answer to 'no' as to whether or not I would purchase again, because I found a $3 dupe - the ELF Studio blush in Tickled Pink!

on 1/1/2012 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Admittedly, I'm a little obsessed with Tarte blushes. The color selection is well-edited and stunning, the packaging is not only esthetically pleasing, but functional, and the blushes themselves are smooth, long lasting and just to die for.

Dollface is my fourth Tarte blush (I also own Amused, Exposed and Blissful), and it has quickly become my go-to everyday blush. In the pan, it is pretty, but does not seem like anything special. It seems like a color you could easily dupe. I tried it on a whim at Sephora one afternoon, and popped it in my basket immediately. It is perfection on my cool, fair skin. Any color I have ever found close to this was so loaded with sparkle, I had to pass. This matte shade is just lovely, and I love it.

on 12/31/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful! This is the perfect, everyday, natural blush for me. It is a matte, mid-tone pink. Not to light, not to bright. I'm NC20 and it really helps me look more awake. It's very build-able and easy to blend. It might look chalky when swatched on the back of the hand, but when you use it with a brush and apply it to your face, it blends seamlessly into the skin. The staying power is good as well. Also, love the packaging! I love the compact coordinates with the color of the blush. $25 is a little pricey for a blush, but I feel like it's really worth it. Overall, a definite favorite for me! I definitely recommend this blush.

on 12/30/2011 6:59:00 PM

I am hitting pan on my Tarte blush, and had to start using some of my forgotten blushes from various other companies, and realized that Tarte, Dollface is unbeatable. This is my all time favorite blush for many reasons such as:

-Its staying power-12 hours
-Paraben free
-Easy to blend
-True to color

Best of all it is eco friendly and not tested on animals.