August 1, 2014 | 1668 users online

Pressed Powders - Milani - The Multitasker Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by alygali08

where i live there are no high-end stores so we all make due with drug store items, and i am very very impressed with this powder and im surprised not alot of people use this brand i also love their baked shadows .. anyways the powder covers great its not expensive ($6), its my new favorite powder and the packaging is super pretty!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by swethatelkar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this on a whim when my husband accidentaly broke my MAC careblend powder which is the best powder IMO. It's not as good as my beloved MAC powder, but it's almost there. I gives a good coverage and doesn't break me out.I have very sensitive skin, so this is a very big plus for me. I like the packaging too and for the price you get a lot of product and at the rate I use makeup, I think it is going to last me forever. If you have access to Milani cosmetics, give it a try. You will not be dissappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by iErica

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the previous reviews about it being very light. I'm NC45 and I thought it would work for me but it's sort of pale so I have to use bronzer to liven my face up

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

New favorite powder. I have been using Maybelline Dream Matte or MAC Studio Fix Powder forever but I'll never go back. I am NC35 and bought Medium.. it's a TAD too dark so next time I'll pick up the lighter shade. I love Milani's color selection - very asian friendly, it's hard to find the correct shade for warmer skintones when it comes to drugstore products but Milani has made it alot easier. I apply this over my Almay TLC liquid foundation or a tinted moisturizer. I have extremely oily skin and live in a terribly humid climate and this powder has pretty much saved my appearance. Most powders tend to control my oil for 2 hours max.. but this one kept my face looking great for a full 8 hours. It seemed like my makeup looked better at the end of the day. As previous reviewers have said, this powder does give quite a dull finish. I wouldn't recommend this for those with dry skin if you're looking for a dewy look. However, if your face is oily, after an hour or so the oils from your face seem to work with the powder resulting in a very natural looking glow. My mother asked what I was doing different with my makeup routine, it was that noticeable. The compact is gaudy, but I never bring it with me so it doesn't matter - the lasting power is terrific! I'm acne-prone and sensitive to some products that I've slathered on my face, but this isn't affecting my skin in any negative way. It retails for about $5-6 at grocery stores, Walgreens is probably way more expensive. I would highly recommend this product unless you're super duper fair or have dry skin. :]

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im NC40 and I bought the Light Tan at Walgreens. It is a lil lighter than I expected because I absolutely love the Milani's Minerals Powder Foundation in Honey Beige. This powder is lighter in color but have the same type of full coverage finish. I think when my makeup gets oxidized, I can definitely use the multitasker powder to soak up the oil and freshen up my makeup. This is a good product, alot better than most powders on the market.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: Great coverage, nice staying power, controls oil well, non-irritating to sensitive skin, reasonable price, convenient.

Cons: Dull finish, but can/should be brightened with a soft setting powder or bronzer.

I definitely will be buying this product again.

For reference: NC50=Deep Amber09. (Note: Since the finish is relatively neutral, a NW45 could also match.)

UPDATE: 1/22/12: NC50, NW45's can also wear the Dark Tan07 as a setting powder. Alone it doesn't have the coverage of Deep Amber09 but as a setting powder it's great, esp. over a tinted moisturizer.

UPDATE: 6/3/14: This is still my go-to foundation/powder when I'm in a hurry and need something good, quick. I just wish Milani would stock more of them in stores.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Lac3andLeather

I picked this up to see how it would compare to the Maybelline Dream Matte (my HG) since I was hitting pan on it. I am NC30-ish and picked up 04 Light Tan.
I was extremely excited to see if perhaps this could beat my HG out... until I opened it and the smell was revealed. I am very sensitive to the smell of my make up so I was NOT pleased with this one. I'm not sure how to explain it but it smells like... cheap public bathroom soap, cheap lipstick, and grandma. :( So, if you're not fond of 'smells' just keep that in mind.
The product is more powdery than it looks. I can't really swirl my brush in it, as product flies everywhere when I do so and it gets quite messy. So, I have to use a stippling motion to get the product if I want to keep it neat.
The packaging for this product is not so bad though. It comes with a mirror and sponge and it feels sturdy.
What I do like about this product is the matte clean finish it gives your skin. For me, it is pretty light coverage but great for everyday. If only there wasn't such a horrible smell to it and the product wasn't so loose, I really think this product could've been another IT for me. However, if those two things do not bother you, it'll work out great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by ashwillis83

I really have enjoyed this product. Its gives a nice finish and help absorb oil. Its my new favorite powder!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by uyenn

I picked this up at walmart after finding that my maybelline dream matte face powder was all sold out. I was skeptical at first because I have never used any of Milani's products, but the price was about 5.95 almost 6 dollars so it didn't hurt to try. I'm glad to say I am very pleased with my purchase. Although the powder doesn't totally keep my oily skin matte all day, it has good coverage. I think I am also really happy because I have finally found a shade that matches me! I got Light Tan and it does not have any pink tones at all. I now look forward to using this powder compared to my maybelline dream matte powder since it doesn't leave me to pale & dead looking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Because this has buildable coverage, I put it in the powder foundation category. For those with good skin, you only need a powder and maybe some concealer. If you want a full face of makeup use this over your regular foundation. It's not cakey.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No