November 27, 2014 | 1077 users online

Pressed Powders - Milani - The Multitasker Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by snowdrop0930

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've bought three of these compacts so far. I love this stuff, it offers really good coverage and matches my skin tone perfectly. (keep in mind I have very yellow/warm undertones)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by ashl0p

This is probably the best pressed powder foundation that I've ever tried. It comes in a really pretty gold compact with a huge mirror & a sponge applicator. I got mines in tan, and I find that it makes me a littttle dark, but that's no biggy. It goes on very smoothly and leaves a matte finish. My t-zone does get a little oily with it on, but that's nothing to be skeptical about b.c you can always reapply some on to absorb the oils on your face. I love this pressed powder! It doesn't receive enough credit for the wonders it works on your face!! Seriously! AND I got it for only $5!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by SweetCheeksCA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

*(When I wear liquid, it's usually NC35 Mac Studio Fix liquid foundation, and then I pair it with the NC35 powder for Winter, and the NC40 for Summer; I have very yellow/golden undertones. I'm very interested in a matte, "retro" looking coverage.)
I just recently purchased the Milani Multitasker Pressed Powder in Light Tan because I was looking for something to hold me over until I could replace my MAC Studio Fix NC35/40 powder.
Let me just say I am very impressed with the quality so far. I have only used it for two days, but have hardly had to reapply it, and it feels as though I'm not wearing makeup at all. Plus, it blends into my skin effortlessly and gives me a natural matte finish. Hopefully I won't have to update this with any complaints. I hope this helps someone! ^_^

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by alygali08

where i live there are no high-end stores so we all make due with drug store items, and i am very very impressed with this powder and im surprised not alot of people use this brand i also love their baked shadows .. anyways the powder covers great its not expensive ($6), its my new favorite powder and the packaging is super pretty!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by swethatelkar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this on a whim when my husband accidentaly broke my MAC careblend powder which is the best powder IMO. It's not as good as my beloved MAC powder, but it's almost there. I gives a good coverage and doesn't break me out.I have very sensitive skin, so this is a very big plus for me. I like the packaging too and for the price you get a lot of product and at the rate I use makeup, I think it is going to last me forever. If you have access to Milani cosmetics, give it a try. You will not be dissappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by iErica

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the previous reviews about it being very light. I'm NC45 and I thought it would work for me but it's sort of pale so I have to use bronzer to liven my face up

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

New favorite powder. I have been using Maybelline Dream Matte or MAC Studio Fix Powder forever but I'll never go back. I am NC35 and bought Medium.. it's a TAD too dark so next time I'll pick up the lighter shade. I love Milani's color selection - very asian friendly, it's hard to find the correct shade for warmer skintones when it comes to drugstore products but Milani has made it alot easier. I apply this over my Almay TLC liquid foundation or a tinted moisturizer. I have extremely oily skin and live in a terribly humid climate and this powder has pretty much saved my appearance. Most powders tend to control my oil for 2 hours max.. but this one kept my face looking great for a full 8 hours. It seemed like my makeup looked better at the end of the day. As previous reviewers have said, this powder does give quite a dull finish. I wouldn't recommend this for those with dry skin if you're looking for a dewy look. However, if your face is oily, after an hour or so the oils from your face seem to work with the powder resulting in a very natural looking glow. My mother asked what I was doing different with my makeup routine, it was that noticeable. The compact is gaudy, but I never bring it with me so it doesn't matter - the lasting power is terrific! I'm acne-prone and sensitive to some products that I've slathered on my face, but this isn't affecting my skin in any negative way. It retails for about $5-6 at grocery stores, Walgreens is probably way more expensive. I would highly recommend this product unless you're super duper fair or have dry skin. :]

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im NC40 and I bought the Light Tan at Walgreens. It is a lil lighter than I expected because I absolutely love the Milani's Minerals Powder Foundation in Honey Beige. This powder is lighter in color but have the same type of full coverage finish. I think when my makeup gets oxidized, I can definitely use the multitasker powder to soak up the oil and freshen up my makeup. This is a good product, alot better than most powders on the market.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: Great coverage, nice staying power, controls oil well, non-irritating to sensitive skin, reasonable price, convenient.

Cons: Dull finish, but can/should be brightened with a soft setting powder or bronzer.

I definitely will be buying this product again.

For reference: NC50=Deep Amber09. (Note: Since the finish is relatively neutral, a NW45 could also match.)

UPDATE: 1/22/12: NC50, NW45's can also wear the Dark Tan07 as a setting powder. Alone it doesn't have the coverage of Deep Amber09 but as a setting powder it's great, esp. over a tinted moisturizer.

UPDATE: 6/3/14: This is still my go-to foundation/powder when I'm in a hurry and need something good, quick. I just wish Milani would stock more of them in stores.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Lac3andLeather

I picked this up to see how it would compare to the Maybelline Dream Matte (my HG) since I was hitting pan on it. I am NC30-ish and picked up 04 Light Tan.
I was extremely excited to see if perhaps this could beat my HG out... until I opened it and the smell was revealed. I am very sensitive to the smell of my make up so I was NOT pleased with this one. I'm not sure how to explain it but it smells like... cheap public bathroom soap, cheap lipstick, and grandma. :( So, if you're not fond of 'smells' just keep that in mind.
The product is more powdery than it looks. I can't really swirl my brush in it, as product flies everywhere when I do so and it gets quite messy. So, I have to use a stippling motion to get the product if I want to keep it neat.
The packaging for this product is not so bad though. It comes with a mirror and sponge and it feels sturdy.
What I do like about this product is the matte clean finish it gives your skin. For me, it is pretty light coverage but great for everyday. If only there wasn't such a horrible smell to it and the product wasn't so loose, I really think this product could've been another IT for me. However, if those two things do not bother you, it'll work out great.