Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

4.2

water - acrylates copolymer - kaolin - beeswax - silica - butylene glycol - peg-15 glyceryl stearate - alcohol - carnauba wax - hydrogenated rapeseed alcohol - bentonite - tocopherol - jojoba seed oil - dimethicone - simethicone - stearic acid - sucrose distearate - aminomethyl propanediol - aminomethyl propanol - disodium edta - sodium citrate - phenoxyethanol - methylparaben - butylparaben - propylparaben - ethylparaben [ /- mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - carmine (ci 75470) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - ultramarines (ci 77007)]

on 1/1/2012 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This mascara is a godsend for clumsy people like me who have a hard time applying mascara evenly to the bottom lashes. I actually only wore mascara on my top lashes for years because I found that it tended to clump on my bottom lashes and flake off during the course of the day. The tiny brush is amazing, it reaches the smaller lashes perfectly and gives nice definition and opens up the eye. It's foolproof, i'll definitely be repurchasing!

on 12/31/2011 12:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Why did it take so long to just make a tiny mascara wand? I don't know, but it's brilliant. The formula never flakes or smudges on me, and gets all those tiny little lashes. I also use this on my upper lashes, in the inner corner where my lashes are super tiny. Will buy again, this is genius.

on 12/2/2011 1:37:00 AM

Whoever came up with this, *applause!*

i am Singaporean Chinese and have wimpy skinny lashes and almost invisible bottom lashes that most mascara brushes can't reach.

This helps get down to the tiniest skinniest lash and best of all, doesn't smudge and is easily removed with eye makeup remover,

LOVE!!!!!

on 11/22/2011 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this little mascara. It works so well. I can get all the tiny little lashes without making a mess. The end can get kinda clunky, but it's worth it.

on 11/7/2011 11:35:00 PM

This is a great product and I'd probably buy it again. Standard "small" brush mascaras don't work on me because my bottom lashes are the very annoying Asian kind... short, sparse, and STRAIGHT; they point outwards at a 90 degree angle. Compared to people with just short/sparse bottom lashes, the biggest problem is that my lashes don't even point downwards! To the naked eye they are invisible practically! Even with tricks like using a business card under the eyes to prevent smearing, for normal mascaras...formulas can be iffy and I'd have this bad common problem of my bottom lashes tangling with my top lashes. For years, application for the bottoms were nerve wrecking and near painful because I would be straining my face attempting to do it correctly.

Clinique's formula is watery but pigmented, not too waxy and provides decent definition. It makes my life 100x easier when applying makeup, I don't need to skip mascara on the bottom lashes. The mascara is easily available and the company always has gift with purchases so the $10 price tag isn't so bad if you wait for these specials. I would like to give it a 5 rating however there are some Asian/Japanese brands who make tube mascaras for bottom lashes which are better but unfortunately harder to buy overseas... because of this I would definitely rebuy this as for a non-drugstore product the price is do-able.

on 10/28/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like the brush, it really helps getting every single lash, but this literally was flaking SO much I had to wash it off halfway through the day. It seemd like hundreds of tiny flakes, and it was driving me absolutely nuts.

I'm bummed cause I really liked the coverage it gave, but the flaking was simply not worth it. I will not be buying it again.

on 10/19/2011 6:14:00 PM

It's a decent mascara; certainly not the best. I don't like putting mascara on my bottom lashes but I like how this cute tiny brush can get into every little lash my reg mascara (fairy drops) didn't get. I have a lot of lashes on my outer corner so this is perfect for that. I have tried to put it on my bottom lashes. It's decent. I did get some clumping, but scraping the extra off the wand helps that.

on 10/16/2011 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So I bought this mascara only bc I wanted the free gifts :P. When I opened it: cuteness(: It's literally the smallest wand ever haha. I give it a 4 on price bc it's pretty expensive for such a small product. Overall, it's all right. It just doesn't work for me bc I don't really have lashes to work with on the bottom. But I have experimented with it, and when I'm not too lazy, I'll put some on, then the mascara I use on my upper lashes. That way, they're at least half visible. I wouldn't purchase again though, only because my bottom eyelashes are basically nonexistent, so I don't need this product :p.

on 10/10/2011 3:52:00 PM

I basically use this everyday. It never smeared or smudged on me...not even through super hot weather and swimming around in the pool/beach (of course I try not to rub my eyes). The packaging is great because it's small and I can fit it anywhere. The wand is tiny, which is great for precise application. Overall, I think this is a great product and I'd recommend it.

on 10/10/2011 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely concept, good execution, and the packaging is beyond cute.
I *sort* of understand the small quantity, as most of us don't slather on a ton of bottom-lash mascara, and surely a long wand would have defeated the purpose, but... still. Something about it grates when it costs the same as a full-sized tube of good mascara.
I liked it, it works well, and if you're curious, definitely give it a try. For myself, I won't repurchase as it's too many of my makeup dollars for such a small amount of limited-use product.
An excellent alternative to this is the drugstore "Lash Discovery" mascara with the tiny wand.