April 17, 2014 | 1607 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Sublime Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by MelodyStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay I did this last night. They say to use it on unwashed hair, my hair had not been washed for 2.5 days so it had lots of oils to protect my hair on there. This dye did not make my hair dry or damaged at all like a lot of you are saying which makes me think maybe your hair doesn't have enough natural oils on it when you did the process. It actually made my hair feel softer and in better condition!

My hair is about 3-4 inches past my collarbone and one box of this stuff was barely enough. I started mixing a little water with what was left in the dispenser to try and saturate my entire head. For some reason when I squirt it out of the bottle onto my gloved hand it would be nice and foamy then I would apply it to my hair and it would NEVER give me that awesome shampoo foam effect, it just immediately would dry up into my hair making it nearly impossible to saturate everything. I have watched videos on YouTube of girls who used this and they would get theirs to foam up identical to the way shampoo does and I am really curious why they did not happen for me when I followed the directions to a T.

I purchased box #41 "Iced Dark Brown" and my hair was already a dark color but it needed a refresher. This came out SUPER DARK, BLACK almost. I would say this is more "Dark Brownish-Black" so if you are hesitating between shades, choose the lighter one, unless you want an extremely dark outcome. Which I did, so I am pleased with that fact.

Since I wasn't able to fully saturate the hair since the shampoo-foam effect didn't happen for me I still have some spots in the back that are not as vibrant as the front part. The product wasn't messy, doesn't smell bad either. It took me about 10 minutes to apply the entire mixture to my head. I let it sit on for 50 minutes just because I wanted it to really take effect. The box recommends 30 minutes though.

So I am one of those people that in the shower I only loose like 5 strands of hair... well, I was FREAKING out in the shower last night. I had SO MUCH HAIR FALLING OUT I was about to start crying. I hurried up and washed my hair and used my own conditioner, the conditioner in the box is cheap crap just toss it out or you're gonna be complaining like the rest of the girls on here do about it damaging your hair. I hurried out of the shower and towel dried my hair praying that no more hair fell out. I used a wide tooth comb to comb my hair out and a little bit more was falling out. Finally once I started drying it the hair stopped coming out and I was inspecting my head in the mirror making sure I didn't look bald anywhere, lol. I have always used store dyes and NEVER had a reaction like that. Luckily, my hair still looks full and no bald patches but that was enough to make me decide I will never use this product again.

Nothing will ever replace the good old brush, bowl and hair dye mixture that we're used to. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this stuff, the little girl in me went, 'Mousse hair dye!Cool!' .. so I fed my 'Id' and bought it.The color developed slightly darker than I'd liked. I used pure dark blonde- the base color before i streak- and went more of an unflattering matte-ish brown, despite following directions. My hair is much drier than before the color, and will need hot oil to fade and soften. Problem is, I can tell that my great grey patch at my temple will show through quickly again- it covered my grey very thinly! It was easy to use, cheap, and less messy than most, but the negatives out way the positives!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Babygirlm25

DId not cover greys well. 1 week in they are showing through.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by abbyonebay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this dye in 'iced dark brown' and it came out very dark, which I was so happy with. I don't know why this product has so many bad reviews but I really liked it. It's been 3-4 weeks and it really hasn't faded at all yet. I'm not sure if it's because of the dye itself or because of the new color saving shampoo and conditioner that I'm using (L'Oreal everpure system). I'll definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by kraine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved how easy this product was to use and how the colour turned out. I'm blonde and I find most home dye kits leave my hair way more yellow than the colour I choose but this colour came out exactly like the package. I'm very happy with it. My only small negative was the conditioner they gave with it. I've read other reviews that say the dye left their hair dry and gross, but I think its because of the conditioner. I hated how it left my hair, so I immediately used another conditioner and my hair felt a lot better. I think if they changed their conditioner this would be a perfect product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by seall88

I really don't understand the bad reviews! I have a fine dark hair. I got highlights done around 3 months ago and they started fading so I decided to give this a shot.

It was really easy to apply. I used it in pure medium brown (number 50) and it looks very natural and shiny. I tried Healthy Look before, and I have to say that Healthy Look smells better (since it doesn't have ammonia while this one has ammonia) and Healthy Look makes the hair softer than the Sublime Mousse. However, the sublime mousse results are better than Healthy Look. It covered my highlights and the color is vibrant and shiny. I got few compliments already!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by jlm0611

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I colored my hair with L'Oreal Sublime Mousse in Pure Dark Blonde (70). The mousse was so easy to use. There was no dripping or mess! I was concerned that there wouldn't be enough color for my shoulder length hair but there was plenty to cover all of my hair and then some. I was very happy with the generous amount of product provided. I love the color and condition that this hair color left my hair in. My hair is softer, shinier, and silkier after using it. Maybe certain colors are more drying than others but this color worked great for me! I do have gray in my hair and the color covered the gray really well and so far (two weeks in), no fading of the color or reappearance of the grays. I will definitely repurchase!

Edit - 9/17/2013 - I just wanted to update to say I tried this hair color again in Ultra Light Blonde (100) and had the same great experience as before. My hair was colored a light auburn only a week before but had faded significantly in that week. The Ultra Light Blonde did not turn my hair as white blonde as the color on the box but it is a beautiful, soft, baby blonde. My hair was damaged before I colored it using L'Oreal Sublime Mousse and truly felt better after I colored it with this product. I am just so happy with this hair color!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by FlorCanelaStyles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iced Chocolate, left my once bouncy curly hair, a black, frizzy, STIFF, DRY, unmanagable mess.

DO NOT BUY! Unless you want to pay to f* your hair up. Way the hek up.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by LeilaJackson73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the Loreal sublime mouse 62 having used many foam colourants in the past and loving the simplicity and results. I chose the sublime as it had the exact colour I wanted. However I will never be using this again. The colour is fine but the condition it has left my hair is appalling. I immediately noticed when rinsing the colour from my hair that my it felt straw like and very brittle. So I used the whole bottle of conditioner, left it on for 3-4 minutes. I normally can comb my hair with ease when conditioner is on it, but just touching my hair with my fingers I was finding hair was breaking off. I immediately called a hairdresser friend of mine who suggested I let it dry naturally and add tonnes of serum before attempting to detangle my hair. This worked a bit but not enough. So I resorted to putting coconut oil on my hair overnight. I have since washed my hair and managed to detangle my hair, but I am left with broken ends, frizziness and damage to my normally glossy healthy hair.

When I called up Loreal customer care in London (020 8762 4000), they have agreed to send my some damage repair products free of charge. What shocked me though was they said they were surprised at my claim as they havent had any complaints of this kind about this product. While I know some people have good results I have read as many bad reviews just like mine reporting extremely damaged hair. I just wish I had read them before my hair has been ruined.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by curemyson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this color in iced dark brown. My hair was a dark burgundy brown and I was tired of the red so I wanted to go over it with a nice brown. The color on the box looked perfect it was dark, brown and had neutral undertones. I thought the mousse was very easy to use.I purchased and used two boxes. I applied to my roots first, as the gray come in first then went back and put it on the rest of my hair. I left it on the amount of time suggested. My hair is in pretty good condition, it is thick and coarse. The color is BLACK no joke black, not a bad color but not what I was going for. My roots still have a burgundy hint to them, they are definitely a different color than the ends. I guess the mid to end hair is drier and more porous so absorbed more color? Used 1 whole tube of conditioner and my hair felt like straw, slept with my hair saturated in coconut oil and next day it was better but still dry. The color has not faded in 2 weeks and normally I would be thrilled but now I'm just waiting for it to fade!! I wouldn't use this ever again, great idea with the mousse but it's to drying and the colors come out uneven and way darker than anticipated.