October 25, 2014 | 917 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Sublime Mousse

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just tried this for the first time in the color Pure Dark Blonde. The mousse was easy to work with and had way fewer drips and escapes than traditional liquids - so that was great. The other thing I noticed was that my hair felt much softer after rinsing than it ever did with liquids - you know that straw feeling that makes you cringe until you can put the conditioner on it? The color was very pretty and beleivable. I have only washed it once so I don't know how long it will last before it fades. I have thin, fine hair with a lot of gray at the temples. I think I found my new hair color, Ladies.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG ... Horror story -__- my girl wanted me to dye her hair with this and i said HELLLL NOOO because ive heard nothing but bad things about this dye, my friend is cheap in the hair department so after 30min trying to talk her out of it i was .like oh well its ur hair its on you if something happens, after application 20min into the dyeing she started getting a hot burning sensation ... -_____- she keeps it in 45 WHOLE MINUTES .... (im dieing watching this happen because i care so much about my hair) she started crying in the shower while rinsing the product and i saw HANDFULS of hair breakage .. i almost cried too but people make there own choices in life so thats on them. also the color was ice brown HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA what bullshit it came out VERYYYY DRY FADED BLACK color ... please stay away from this unless you like that chemical burn over prosssessed look , RIP healthy hair

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by MelodyStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay I did this last night. They say to use it on unwashed hair, my hair had not been washed for 2.5 days so it had lots of oils to protect my hair on there. This dye did not make my hair dry or damaged at all like a lot of you are saying which makes me think maybe your hair doesn't have enough natural oils on it when you did the process. It actually made my hair feel softer and in better condition!

My hair is about 3-4 inches past my collarbone and one box of this stuff was barely enough. I started mixing a little water with what was left in the dispenser to try and saturate my entire head. For some reason when I squirt it out of the bottle onto my gloved hand it would be nice and foamy then I would apply it to my hair and it would NEVER give me that awesome shampoo foam effect, it just immediately would dry up into my hair making it nearly impossible to saturate everything. I have watched videos on YouTube of girls who used this and they would get theirs to foam up identical to the way shampoo does and I am really curious why they did not happen for me when I followed the directions to a T.

I purchased box #41 "Iced Dark Brown" and my hair was already a dark color but it needed a refresher. This came out SUPER DARK, BLACK almost. I would say this is more "Dark Brownish-Black" so if you are hesitating between shades, choose the lighter one, unless you want an extremely dark outcome. Which I did, so I am pleased with that fact.

Since I wasn't able to fully saturate the hair since the shampoo-foam effect didn't happen for me I still have some spots in the back that are not as vibrant as the front part. The product wasn't messy, doesn't smell bad either. It took me about 10 minutes to apply the entire mixture to my head. I let it sit on for 50 minutes just because I wanted it to really take effect. The box recommends 30 minutes though.

So I am one of those people that in the shower I only loose like 5 strands of hair... well, I was FREAKING out in the shower last night. I had SO MUCH HAIR FALLING OUT I was about to start crying. I hurried up and washed my hair and used my own conditioner, the conditioner in the box is cheap crap just toss it out or you're gonna be complaining like the rest of the girls on here do about it damaging your hair. I hurried out of the shower and towel dried my hair praying that no more hair fell out. I used a wide tooth comb to comb my hair out and a little bit more was falling out. Finally once I started drying it the hair stopped coming out and I was inspecting my head in the mirror making sure I didn't look bald anywhere, lol. I have always used store dyes and NEVER had a reaction like that. Luckily, my hair still looks full and no bald patches but that was enough to make me decide I will never use this product again.

Nothing will ever replace the good old brush, bowl and hair dye mixture that we're used to. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this stuff, the little girl in me went, 'Mousse hair dye!Cool!' .. so I fed my 'Id' and bought it.The color developed slightly darker than I'd liked. I used pure dark blonde- the base color before i streak- and went more of an unflattering matte-ish brown, despite following directions. My hair is much drier than before the color, and will need hot oil to fade and soften. Problem is, I can tell that my great grey patch at my temple will show through quickly again- it covered my grey very thinly! It was easy to use, cheap, and less messy than most, but the negatives out way the positives!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Babygirlm25

DId not cover greys well. 1 week in they are showing through.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by abbyonebay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this dye in 'iced dark brown' and it came out very dark, which I was so happy with. I don't know why this product has so many bad reviews but I really liked it. It's been 3-4 weeks and it really hasn't faded at all yet. I'm not sure if it's because of the dye itself or because of the new color saving shampoo and conditioner that I'm using (L'Oreal everpure system). I'll definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by kraine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved how easy this product was to use and how the colour turned out. I'm blonde and I find most home dye kits leave my hair way more yellow than the colour I choose but this colour came out exactly like the package. I'm very happy with it. My only small negative was the conditioner they gave with it. I've read other reviews that say the dye left their hair dry and gross, but I think its because of the conditioner. I hated how it left my hair, so I immediately used another conditioner and my hair felt a lot better. I think if they changed their conditioner this would be a perfect product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by seall88

I really don't understand the bad reviews! I have a fine dark hair. I got highlights done around 3 months ago and they started fading so I decided to give this a shot.

It was really easy to apply. I used it in pure medium brown (number 50) and it looks very natural and shiny. I tried Healthy Look before, and I have to say that Healthy Look smells better (since it doesn't have ammonia while this one has ammonia) and Healthy Look makes the hair softer than the Sublime Mousse. However, the sublime mousse results are better than Healthy Look. It covered my highlights and the color is vibrant and shiny. I got few compliments already!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by jlm0611

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I colored my hair with L'Oreal Sublime Mousse in Pure Dark Blonde (70). The mousse was so easy to use. There was no dripping or mess! I was concerned that there wouldn't be enough color for my shoulder length hair but there was plenty to cover all of my hair and then some. I was very happy with the generous amount of product provided. I love the color and condition that this hair color left my hair in. My hair is softer, shinier, and silkier after using it. Maybe certain colors are more drying than others but this color worked great for me! I do have gray in my hair and the color covered the gray really well and so far (two weeks in), no fading of the color or reappearance of the grays. I will definitely repurchase!

Edit - 9/17/2013 - I just wanted to update to say I tried this hair color again in Ultra Light Blonde (100) and had the same great experience as before. My hair was colored a light auburn only a week before but had faded significantly in that week. The Ultra Light Blonde did not turn my hair as white blonde as the color on the box but it is a beautiful, soft, baby blonde. My hair was damaged before I colored it using L'Oreal Sublime Mousse and truly felt better after I colored it with this product. I am just so happy with this hair color!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by FlorCanelaStyles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iced Chocolate, left my once bouncy curly hair, a black, frizzy, STIFF, DRY, unmanagable mess.

DO NOT BUY! Unless you want to pay to f* your hair up. Way the hek up.