LUSH Bath Bombs

3.9

The Lush Bath Bombs are so fun to use. I like the Big Blue one which has sea salt in it. It colours the bath water into a deep beautiful blue. The thing I don't like about them is that the leaves, flowers or whatever they put in them clogs the bathtub drain.

This was very moisturizing (Butterball) and was a nicer lighter scent than I thought it was going to be cuz it smelled so strong in the package. I broke it into 3 peices and it was perfect. I would very much consider getting this again =)

This is a HUGE bath bomb, you can break it up to get more uses out of it, because it is so concentrated with fragrance and moisturizers,(in the butterball one anyway) it makes your skin feel soft and smells great!

Butterball bath bomb. Heavenly, almost surreal, bathing experience. The fragrance was just beautiful and my skin was like velvet and so fragrant with the essential oils in this. The oil did mix with the water, and did not all cling to the sides of the tub as some products do. It does leave a little mess in the tub, but any bath product with oil is going to do that. Such a luxury, wonderful products, I can't rave enough about this. My skin is still soft from last night.
Below is the description and ingredients from Lush's site.
Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cocao), Synthetic Musk, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Perfume.

When we first started making our Lush Bath Ballistic Bombs, we decided not to spend money on packaging; instead we put more lovely things inside the products! The Butterball was one of the first to benefit from our new idea. Throw one of these relaxing spheres in the water and you don't just get a fizzy, deliciously subtle, musky-scented, ylang ylang fragranced little white delight of a bath, you also get a smattering of grated cocoa butter which dissolves into the bath-water and softens your skin. Aren't you glad we didn't wrap it up in fancy paper instead?

I actually want to give this a 3.5 but unfortunately I can't. I have to say this first... Lush is one of those companies that you can easily overlook. Sure they have great products but you really never know till you talk to the over-enthusiatic SAs about what they have. Everything is natural so you dont have to worry about chemicals and such. They even have expiry dates on the soaps! I tried the Karma Bath Bomb.. it's supposed to add an oil to the water to silken your skin and do aromatherapy. I have to say that it worked... my skin felt smooth and it put me in such a great mood. The thing with this bath bomb is that it only fizzed for about 40 seconds. So if you're looking for amusment for fizzing... this isnt it. I recommend the coffee/cappacino one since it's supposed to fizz for about 10 minutes!

Is it just me? I don't see what all the fuss is about. I was at the Lush store in Toronto and figured I just had to give these a try. It turned my bath water yellow and had a strong scent. Sure it sent up a few bubbles too. Is that supposed to be fun? The smell was good, but some good bath salts could have done the job just as well for a lot less money.

I dont think I had this much fun in a bathtub since I was a kid! The fizzing action is the best part! I must admit that the scents are quite a close second. They can help you relax or get you and your significant other well... not relaxed. I find that the minimal oils in them are great for the skin. Just enough to make them silky. I got the Xmas one and it had gold flakes in it. So when I got out of the bath, I had gold shimmer all over me! Definately a great way to pamper yourself!

I just adore Lushs bath products. They are all so yummy! My only real complaint with the bombs is that some of them make a big old mess in your bath tub. I used one that had seaweed in it. I still find pieces to this day! The bombs are very fragrant. The water and your skin actually smell like them- I find thats the biggest problem with bath products- they smell yummy inside the bottle, but once you put it in the bathtub it all but disappears. The claims to "soften" the water I don't really buy though. But these do make your bath time lots of fun!

although i love love love bath bombs and bubble baths, i don't care for baths. if that makes sense. i had two of these bath bombs but i knew i wasnt going to use them so i swapped them to a good home. lush is only available in canada and australia, not sure where else. the bath bombs are huge. i dont like how some of them leave dried, brown flowers all over the tub, and sometimes grains/seaweed/herbs are plastered to the tub long after you drained the water. this can get *very* annoying. for the price, $3-$5, they fizzle away in a matter of minutes. you could get the same effect with some household powders/salts. all in all, i would buy again if i didnt have to pay such shipping prices on lushcanada.com, and if i cared more for baths. these smell simply divine!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The Lush bathbombs are a thing of wonder :) - although it fizzes and sizzles and looks like alka seltzer, you end up feeling really soft and smooth and the scents are divine. Some of the bombs are very messy and can leave you with a ten minute clean up (prevented by putting the bomb in a piece of cut up pantyhose and tying it off before dropping it in the water), but that's about the only complaint I have, other than I wish they had some nice sweet scents!

I do think the price is steep for what is essentially one bath, especially when they recommend using a bomb before adding a bubble bar or bath melt to the bath, but they are unique and if you are placing a Lush order you definitely have to get a few to see what the fuss is all about.

Popular Bath Treatments