Remington T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

4.6

on 7/7/2011 8:47:00 AM

This is a really great curling wand. I've never used one before I bought this one yesterday and this morning it took me less then 10 min to style my hair into perfect waves! I'm not very good at styling my hair and this made it so easy. My hair is a little above my shoulders and generally straight and flat. This gave volume and great waves. I didn't use the glove because it was alittle big and made it hard to grab sections of hair. I also really like that it has a digital temperature control so I don't have to use the highest setting and damage my hair. All in all this is a great curling wand and it's easy to use.

on 6/29/2011 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this wand! I read all the reviews and watched tutorials on YouTube before I bought it. I have a Hot Tools 1 1/4 curling iron and have always used that one. With the regular iron, it would take me 25-35 mins or so to curl my whole head. I get more of a glamorous look with that iron and have to use a lot of spray to make it hold all day.

With the curling wand, I get soft ribbon-like curls. This is exactly what I was looking for! I wanted something casual to be able to wear any day and still be able to pull my hair up in a pony without all the gunk in it from sprays/gels. It took me about 15 mins or less to curl my whole head. I applied a little gel to give the ending result some definition and a little spray for hold and DONE! Simple, easy, natural looking style. Definitely worth it! Only $25! I seen on YouTube that if you curl your hair the night before in semi-tighter than you'd usually wear curls, in the morning it still holds the style. Gonna give that a try tonight.

I got used to the method of curling with this wand right away. The YouTube reviews/tutorials are really helpful. :) hope this helps!

on 6/29/2011 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely LOOOOOOOVE it! you can have numerous kinds of curls and they last for hours. your hair becomes so shiny and looks gorgeous. this was definitely worth the money!

on 6/7/2011 4:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

((Photo of brunette w/ necklace and floral top is mine)) I have very thick wavy/curly hair just past my shoulders that tends to go a little frizzy without a ton of product. This wand has cut my styling time down to under 5 minutes! AND THEY LAST ALL DAY (or *two*)! A standard clip iron can't curl my hair nearly as quickly and the curls usually wind up overly shaped and odd next to my natural curl. I usually use this to curl only the top layer of my hair and in under 5 seconds per curl and under 1 minute to completion have awesome natural looking and perfectly frizz free curls! I do not use the glove but have not burned myself with the wand and am already very comfortable using it after only a week. My hair looks so much healthier in just letting it air dry overnight (with a little coconut oil in it) and then touching up my own curls the next morning. It can also produce gorgeous beachy waves when using larger chunks of hair. I paid $25 @ Target and would buy this again in a heartbeat!

on 5/31/2011 10:44:00 PM

This is my first curling wand. My previous experience with ironing tools is a regular clamp curling iron and a flat iron. The curling irons I've used never really held a curl, and along with using RedKen Hot Sets 22, my hair was a sticky disaster. I've been curling my hair occasionally with my flat iron for a couple years but really never got the technique down no matter how many times I watched tutorials on YouTube. Plus for some reason my CHI doesn't really hold a curl.

I randomly stumbled upon some YT videos and saw videos for the curling wand and decided to get the Remington one because it's cheapest and it's pink lol. The picture that you see above of the back of my hair is the first time using the curling wand (I used the TRESemmé Heat Tamer as the protector before I curled). It took me about 20 minutes and I'm very happy with the results. There's really not much of a learning curve and it's pretty self-explanatory. Take more hair for more wavy curls, take less hair for more "Goldilocks" curls. It heats up in 30 seconds as promised and it gets nice and hot (up to 410 degrees).

The only bad thing is that the glove that comes with it doesn't really protect you from heat if you leave your finger on it. I thought it was going to be some Kevlar type glove but it's just cotton. Not worth knocking off a lippie because the price is great ($24.99 at Target) and the glove is not really needed if you really know what you're doing.

Creates tight curls in a little amount of time that relax to look very nice. I like that all the curls aren't uniform like a traditional curling iron, as it's easy to vary where you want a tighter curl. Amazing product for $25.00.

on 5/5/2011 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have really sensible, fine hair and it works for me! I am amazed. All other irons damaged my hair right away, but this one keeps my hair bouncy, soft and natural looking.

Attention - I do keep it at the lowest temperature (130°C) and am more carefull than someone with thick strong hair (I don't curl longer than a FEW seconds each section and always use a heat protection product before), but the result is fantastic non the less.

Also it's really not difficult to use - in fact the glove is a bit useless (I used it for 3 minutes than got rid of it, cause it was just getting in the way), you just need to be carefull cause the wand is hot (stating the obvious) and that's all.
It's not time consuming and the curls just last on and on!

The price is really good too, reguarding the quality of the product. So I definitely recommend it for any hair type - for defined curls or just some extra waves / volume boost to give you a good hair day.

on 4/27/2011 4:48:00 PM

HG LOVE THIS CURLING/WAVER IRON SO MUCH. I can do my hair in 20 minutes with this nifty tool and boy do I have a ton of hair!! I will post pictures of my hair after using!! Definitely must try...Don't give up your first time using it because it gets easier....& wear the glove even though it looks silly because I thought I was too cool for it when I first used the curling iron...& burnt my hand like 5 times!

I absolutly LOVE this curling iron. Normally it takes me about an hour to curl my hair with a regular curling iron with a clamp but with this it takes me on average a half hour. I get nice pretty soft curls that hold. I have long color treated hair that normally doesn't like to take a curl at all but with this wand i can curl my hair at 6 in the morning and still have them look the same when i go to bed at 10 at night. Definitely recomending this to my friends

on 4/13/2011 8:42:00 AM

My hair does not hold a curl well, AT ALL. I'm not sure what makes this different than a regular clamp curling iron, but when I use this, I can go to the gym, walk around in windy weather, clean, throw my hair in a clip, sleep, etc, and still wake up with curls! My reason for not rating it a 5 is that there is a learning curve with the wand. My hair is really fine and layered and would slip down to the tapered end every time I would try to use it. That resulted in uneven and tighter curls. After about 3 times, I finally figured that I HAD to hold the wand vertical, with the tapered end pointing up, in order to get a good curl that utilized the entire barrel. I don't know if that helps anyone else, but I would urge anyone buying it to be patient and figure out what works for you. The lasting power is phenomenal! I can definitely recommend this! I also wish they would make a larger wand that would make waves.

Top Rated Remington Products