November 28, 2014 | 2048 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Momma2myQTZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

((Photo of brunette w/ necklace and floral top is mine)) I have very thick wavy/curly hair just past my shoulders that tends to go a little frizzy without a ton of product. This wand has cut my styling time down to under 5 minutes! AND THEY LAST ALL DAY (or *two*)! A standard clip iron can't curl my hair nearly as quickly and the curls usually wind up overly shaped and odd next to my natural curl. I usually use this to curl only the top layer of my hair and in under 5 seconds per curl and under 1 minute to completion have awesome natural looking and perfectly frizz free curls! I do not use the glove but have not burned myself with the wand and am already very comfortable using it after only a week. My hair looks so much healthier in just letting it air dry overnight (with a little coconut oil in it) and then touching up my own curls the next morning. It can also produce gorgeous beachy waves when using larger chunks of hair. I paid $25 @ Target and would buy this again in a heartbeat!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by sassepiano

This is my first curling wand. My previous experience with ironing tools is a regular clamp curling iron and a flat iron. The curling irons I've used never really held a curl, and along with using RedKen Hot Sets 22, my hair was a sticky disaster. I've been curling my hair occasionally with my flat iron for a couple years but really never got the technique down no matter how many times I watched tutorials on YouTube. Plus for some reason my CHI doesn't really hold a curl.

I randomly stumbled upon some YT videos and saw videos for the curling wand and decided to get the Remington one because it's cheapest and it's pink lol. The picture that you see above of the back of my hair is the first time using the curling wand (I used the TRESemmé Heat Tamer as the protector before I curled). It took me about 20 minutes and I'm very happy with the results. There's really not much of a learning curve and it's pretty self-explanatory. Take more hair for more wavy curls, take less hair for more "Goldilocks" curls. It heats up in 30 seconds as promised and it gets nice and hot (up to 410 degrees).

The only bad thing is that the glove that comes with it doesn't really protect you from heat if you leave your finger on it. I thought it was going to be some Kevlar type glove but it's just cotton. Not worth knocking off a lippie because the price is great ($24.99 at Target) and the glove is not really needed if you really know what you're doing.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Creates tight curls in a little amount of time that relax to look very nice. I like that all the curls aren't uniform like a traditional curling iron, as it's easy to vary where you want a tighter curl. Amazing product for $25.00.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Liliputput

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have really sensible, fine hair and it works for me! I am amazed. All other irons damaged my hair right away, but this one keeps my hair bouncy, soft and natural looking.

Attention - I do keep it at the lowest temperature (130°C) and am more carefull than someone with thick strong hair (I don't curl longer than a FEW seconds each section and always use a heat protection product before), but the result is fantastic non the less.

Also it's really not difficult to use - in fact the glove is a bit useless (I used it for 3 minutes than got rid of it, cause it was just getting in the way), you just need to be carefull cause the wand is hot (stating the obvious) and that's all.
It's not time consuming and the curls just last on and on!

The price is really good too, reguarding the quality of the product. So I definitely recommend it for any hair type - for defined curls or just some extra waves / volume boost to give you a good hair day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by lilexibabe92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG LOVE THIS CURLING/WAVER IRON SO MUCH. I can do my hair in 20 minutes with this nifty tool and boy do I have a ton of hair!! I will post pictures of my hair after using!! Definitely must try...Don't give up your first time using it because it gets easier....& wear the glove even though it looks silly because I thought I was too cool for it when I first used the curling iron...& burnt my hand like 5 times!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Horsefreak100

I absolutly LOVE this curling iron. Normally it takes me about an hour to curl my hair with a regular curling iron with a clamp but with this it takes me on average a half hour. I get nice pretty soft curls that hold. I have long color treated hair that normally doesn't like to take a curl at all but with this wand i can curl my hair at 6 in the morning and still have them look the same when i go to bed at 10 at night. Definitely recomending this to my friends

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by SPRINGRAINE

My hair does not hold a curl well, AT ALL. I'm not sure what makes this different than a regular clamp curling iron, but when I use this, I can go to the gym, walk around in windy weather, clean, throw my hair in a clip, sleep, etc, and still wake up with curls! My reason for not rating it a 5 is that there is a learning curve with the wand. My hair is really fine and layered and would slip down to the tapered end every time I would try to use it. That resulted in uneven and tighter curls. After about 3 times, I finally figured that I HAD to hold the wand vertical, with the tapered end pointing up, in order to get a good curl that utilized the entire barrel. I don't know if that helps anyone else, but I would urge anyone buying it to be patient and figure out what works for you. The lasting power is phenomenal! I can definitely recommend this! I also wish they would make a larger wand that would make waves.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by purplestar83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I came here looking for reviews on curling irons intending to get a clamp style. I never even considered a wand, but after reading the reviews and saw the price I went out and bought it. I am so glad I did, I am still in shock and how effortlessly it curls and how easy it is to use. My hair is ridiculously hard to curl and this wand did it so easily. I have a ton of thick frizzy hair that normally takes an hour to straighten with a pro iron. I set the stopwatch on my phone and it took me 20 mins and 10 secs to do my whole head!! I'm sure I could even get that down once I get better at it. I only have one complaint and that's that the barrel is too skinny, and makes the curls tighter than I wanted, but next time I just won't hold them on as long. Maybe 4-5 seconds instead of 8-10.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Lboogy1

Works amazingly well, as good if not better than higher priced curling irons. I bought at target on sale for $20. I was originally going to target to buy the conair version but saw this for less and it made the same claims so thought I'd give a try. Gets hotter than the conair one too. I have thick, long hair that has a slight wave and can be frizzy at times. This iron gave me awesome shiney, curls that I ran my fingers thru to break up and make a little imperfect. They even look better a day later. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by jmstraight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Even though I already have curly hair I really wanted to try this. My curls are not uniform and usually look pretty raggedy no matter what kind or how much product I use. I love that you can get different curls from one appliance. It's pretty fool-proof to use. I like that I can curl my hair at night and it looks just as good in the morning. It has adjustable heat settings and you can lock it once you set it, so you don't accidentally turn it up or down. You also have to hold the power button down to turn it on and off so you can't accidentally shut it off either. It heats up pretty fast which is great. I haven't used the glove that came with it, but there was a warning saying it wouldn't protect you if you directly touched the heated part of the wand. I got this at Target for $24.99. If something were to ever happen and mine broke I wouldn't hesitate to purchase again.