August 21, 2014 | 1825 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Bella Bamba [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Stephy82

I just bought this a week ago and im in love. Its sooo pretty truly a watermelon pink!I love to pair this with some hoola bronzer so it gives just a pop. As for the staying power, its great and inlove the golden shimmer in it, perfect for summer. Has a good smell to it as well. I feel this blush could suit many if not all skin tones if applied correctly. Try it out! I do like this more than coralista.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by papierflora

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Too shimmery for day and this has average longevity for blushes on me. It stays on my cheeks for just 2-3 hours just like a MAC blush. Also, this is rather pigmented and definitely not a blush that you could put on and just go off. Not really for the girl-on-the-go. Also, despite the cute design, the packaging is just not practical and it looks worn out just after a few weeks. It oxidizes on me and turns orangey throughout the day. Just not flattering and I will not repurchase it ever again. Turned off (again) by the hype of BeneFit products and I will also not purchase the other boxed blushes from them.

Update 01/01/2013:
    I'm on Accutane now and my skin has become drier. I'm not sure if that is the reason why this blush is working out for me now. It does not oxidise anymore (though the shimmer fades) and it has good longevity. I find it quite easy to build up the colour and the brush included in the box is actually good for sweeping on colour.

Perhaps this blush would perform better on drier skin types than oilier skin types.

Increasing the number of stars from 3 to 4 (for now). I will update again after I'm done with Accutane.

Tip: After you dip the brush included into the powder, brush some colour off on the back of your hand (sweep back and forth a couple of times). Slowly build up the colour on your cheeks. Sweep the brush on the back of your hand again if you need more colour.

BTW, I'm NC10-15, leaning more towards the neutral side of undertones.

However, I'll not repurchase because I want to try out blushes from other brands like Laura Mercier and NARS.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly89

I was lusting after this blush ever since it first came out. I was enticed by the lovely metallic box packaging, the tropical scent and best of all the finely milled shimmery watermelon powder that screamed my name every time I looked online at swatches on various blogs. So when I visited my local benefit counter I was greeted by a somewhat pushy sales associate that seemed to wanna shove different products down my throat. It took me a while to convince her that I was only interested in the blush, which she then went on about how much she loves this blush and how they make her cheeks look "3D"?!! Which sounds ridiculous!!! What does she think I am...3??? Anyway I wanted to tell her to tone it down a notch cause I was intending on buying it whether it made her cheeks look 3D or not. Anyway 2 uses later and I began feeling buyers remorse. Now, even though I love my blushes to have shimmer in them, I found bella bamba to be way over the top. I get tons of shimmer fallout on my face, which looks very unattractive. Also, after actually owning it i found the packaging to be cheap and tacky. I hate how the edges look ragged and old and ive only owned fot a few weeks. And finally the smell....it smells like fruit punch gone bad :( So yes, I am definetley not impressed. In fact, this blush actually turned me off trying coralista, which I was planning in buying next if I liked Bella bamba.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by maryroseok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this blusher - it looked like a color that was right up my street but having used it a couple of times now I couldn't like it less. I never really buy Benefit products (nothing personal really - Benefit just seem to favour style and packing over product quality IMO) but having admired Bella Bamba on one of my friends I decided to take the plunge and spend 34 on it thinking it would look as nice on me. The packaging of course is really pretty - holographic paper really sells the whole 3D idea of the blush - and it's a gorgeous pink sparkly color that's really beautiful in the pan...of course you get a cute little brush too! It's quite pigmented so one sweep across my cheeks was enough for a pretty, shimmery pink glow that initially looks really nice in the mirror. However, on my skin, about an hour into wear, the blush oxidized into a harsh reddish color that looks downright godawful. I couldn't wait to get home to take it off! I'm so disappointed in Bella Bamba that I just couldn't see myself spending the money on Benefit powder blushes again - I could be tempted by Hervana though!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by bianc90

This was a colour that I was really hoping would work well for me but I was wrong. It is way too pink for me and makes me look like a clown. I love it in the box but once applied i look scary. I am trained in makeup and definately know how to apply product but I dont like this very much. Maybe when I have more of tan i will try again but for now ill stick to coralista and sugarbomb

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by hikkikillerbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do believe that most Benefit products are overpriced, and this product is definitely something that may not be worth what you are paying for. Not to say that Benefit products are bad, I do like a few of their products (like the Hello Flawless powder and Porefessional), but you could buy other products that are cheaper than Benefit that are up to par with its quality.

The positives about this blush:
    -it has such a wonderful smell. The blush smells like perfume.
    -The packaging is really cute!
    -The pink color is very pretty and will match pretty much any skin tone i believe.
    -You do get a lot of product. This blush will last you for a while.

The cons:
    -It doesn't last long.
    -It is way overpriced. If you're going to dish out 28 dollars you might as well buy the Nars blushes. They are about the same price and they last longer. IMO Nars has the best powdered blushes in the dept. store range.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by pixiehottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I could not rest until I had this blush, I kept talking my self out of it and I wish I would have listened to myself. Beautiful color in the package but not so impressive on. I was thinking it'd be close to NARS DT but pinker. No such luck. I'm paper white and I have to build it up to get any color and even then it's all shimmer. So mad at myself. Most blushes wear all day one me and this one does not, fades quickly and unevenly. And the packaging is horrid. I have found a use for it though, I throw some on over a matte blush every now and then just so my purchase was not a complete waste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to Sephora originally to try out Coralista, as it's a blush I have been wanting since it came on. However, it swatched on the lighter side on my hand so I saw Bella Bamba and decided to try this instead since the swatch was a pretty pop of pink. This is my new favorite blush! It really perks me up whenever I wear it, not sure why, I think it's because it's such a pretty shade of pink. It's definitely a bright watermelon pink in the pan with shimmer, but only a little of the shimmer transfers to my cheeks. Otherwise, I'm left with a gorgeous pop of color on my cheeks. The only thing that Benefit needs to improve on is their packaging. I thought the redo would be better, but I prefer the older packaging with the top of the box that just came off. I don't know if it's me, but this new lid gets in my way and seems a little cheaper. While I think Benefit has gorgeous packaging, their powders/cheek colors could use a serious facelift!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by apsiepoodles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to remember that just because certain products get high ratings on the sephora website, does not mean they work for everyone! I ordered this blush because I love pink blushes and I thought it sounded like a perfect shimmering pink. I was wrong, I think it would be great for someone with darker skin than me, but for me, it was dark pink and the glitter emphasized my pores and slight acne scarring. It made my complexion look ruddy and gross. Not a pretty look at all. Try this on in the store before buying to make sure you love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 6:18:00 AM More reviews by skitams21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pinky shade with very tiny gold speckles ( didn't realise until I was tweeting my brows and had a magnifying mirror). I really like this shade and feels that it's flattering for me skin tone. As mentioned in other reviews it's very pigmented so need to be careful that you don't apply too much on first application. For me it is quite long lasting, still a little bit visible even after 8 hours at work. I love the packaging for the reason that I don't get fall out around the packaging unlike other blush compacts. It's very expensive but you only need a little so will definitely go a long way.