Kerastase Elixir Ultime

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Zea Mays / Corn Germ Oil, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Camellia Kissi / Camellia Kissi Seed Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba Oil / Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Coumarine, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrance.

on 2/22/2012 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think that the DS L'Oreal EverCreme Leave-In spray in a dupe for this stuff !

$ 8.99 not $ 50.00 !!!

on 2/17/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used this serum almost every day for about 2 months. Until yesterday I would have said it was the best I'd ever used. When my hair was blow dried and straightened with this stuff, my hair felt AMAZING. It gave me a silkiness I'd never had from any other product.
Sometimes my hair would pouf back up a little when I stepped outside, but much less so than any other product I'd tried before. So that was one con with this serum. Another was that I never had good second day hair - it was always oily and rough/coarse looking. I found my hair looked best on the day it was washed. The price didn't bother me, like I said I used it almost every day for about 2 months, and I don't think even a quarter of it is gone - all I used was one pump on damp hair, and a tiny bit after it was dried to smooth out any dry ends.
I think it is great for dry damaged hair to get that silky shiny look. As I mentioned, my hair did pouf up a little from moisture in the air with this stuff, which is one of my major concerns, so I tried out a new product yesterday for that - Sabino Moisture Block. I'll see how that goes and whether it will replace the Elixir Ultime for me. If the MB doesn't end up working better for me then I will definitely go back to the Elixir, so I would re-purchase.

This has completely changed my hair from a frizzy, unmanageable mess to sleek, shiny, glossy and healthy hair. I cannot live without this stuff. You need to work out how many pumps work for your hair though, because if you have fine hair I would say you only need half/one pump, but I have really thick hair so i use three pumps. I use this after I've washed my hair, by applying it though the ends of my hair wet, and leaving it to dry naturally, but I also use it as a finishing serum when my hair is dry, or when I have finished styling it. I know this product contains silicons...but hey, so does Moroccan Oil and all the other hair treatments like this on the market. It's very expensive, but a bottle lasts me a little under a year, so I'm not complaining due to the fantastic results this has given me.

on 2/3/2012 12:05:00 PM

Really surprised to see some negative comments on here about this product - but hey, I guess there's no one product out there for everyone! From my perspective - very fine, dark blonde hair with a natural kink with dry ends - this has been an absolute life saver. I can now wash, shampoo, pop a pump of this through, and go. It makes my hair shine and smell amazing, it's in the best condition it's ever been in and it feel incredible. Even my boyfriend (who like all boys is essentially blind when it comes to this stuff) noticed and commented after a couple of weeks of me using it! Literally cannot live without it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm really really disappointed in this serum. I expected so much of it, but it seems like it doesn't do anything for my hair. I tried to use this in so many different ways. On wet hair, on dry hair, on styled hair, on prestyled hair. It just gives a really nice smell, but that's it. I was in love with the Oleo relax serum, which I had been using for 10 years. I guess I will go back to that one.

Overall it makes my hair feel dry. It takes care of some frizz, but I guess this is not the type of serum one would use on dry hair. I think this is for people with normal to oily hair.

And yeah, the bottle looks really nice together with my other products. :)

on 1/19/2012 6:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I had my hair done (cut, highlights, flat-ironed) and - as usual after leaving the salon- it looked great; more importantly, it felt great. It was smooth, shiny and silky. I later washed and styled my hair myself and it felt rough and dry. I went to the salon and spoke with my stylist. She told me this is what she has used, so I bought it. It's more expensive than the products I usually use and so I don't use it every time I flat iron my hair. It does leave my hair smooth and shiny, but not always so silky; that seem to be hit and miss. I typically use it in conjunction with Kerastase Oleo Relax shampoo and conditioner. It seems to tackle frizz well; I don't notice any after using this.

on 1/19/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I liked this product at first. It seemed to do a good job defrizzing my hair after washing and didnt weigh it down. Seeing on here that it contains silicone has really annoyed me as I have heard the same thing about silicone being rubbish from (good) hairdressers. I would also like to know why cosmetics (expensive and cheap) always put fragrance and benzyl alcohol in frigging EVERYTHING!! Plus I absolutely hate it when products' websites rave about key ingredients and neglect to give you a full list of what's in them.

on 1/5/2012 5:55:00 AM

This, for, me, did exactly the same a Moroccanoil - seemed great the first couple of uses, then managed to tangle the ends of my long, fine hair and leave it a mess after a while. usen 175th of the bottel, the rest will prpbebly stay on the shelf untill my next throw-out-everything-that does-not-work-stint. Waste of good money.

on 12/14/2011 11:28:00 PM

I have protein sensitive hair and this was good for that. As a pre shampoo treatment it was very nice. As a post shampoo/conditioner product the initial results were good but the next day my hair would feel very dry. Packaging nice and easy to use but there is such a wider selection on the Market now I feel this is over priced.

on 12/13/2011 1:40:00 PM

I really wanted to give this product a higher rating, but I can't after I read the lists of ingredients on the package. I have been using BioSilk Silk Therapy for years and recently stopped using it because I read a comment about how silicone in hair products suffocate your hair. This is exactly what happened to me - hair gets drier and frizzier after years of usage, and I kept using more of it thinking my hair gets drier as I grew older. I switched to Kerastase Elixir Ultime because of 1) the rave review I saw here 2) I thought this product contained mainly 4 natural oils including argan oil. Oh well, the top 2 ingredients are still silicone (Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethiconol). I'm truly disappointed for paying such a high price for yet another silicone hair product. I have also been experimenting with pure organic argan oil as a hair serum and I'm seeing better results even though the argan oil costs less. I'll be using natural / organic hair products from now on and I will not be purchasing this kerastase oil again.

Edit: I'm changing the rating from a 2-star to a 5-star. Why the change? It's because now I realized not all silicone was created equal. The silicone used in this product is probably of much higher quality. I've been using it since the fall of 2011 and my hair looks great without any signs of "suffocation" or damage. Besides, my hair is quite curly and this serum keeps my hair straight when used with a blow dryer, something argan oil just can't accomplish. One bottle (125 ml) will probably last 1 year and 10 months for me (app. 3 pumps a week) so it's actually not that expensive because it would last a long time.

Top Rated Kerastase Products