December 21, 2014 | 1836 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by bab2939

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh it was okay. For the price I wouldn't buy again. At over $50 for a hair product I expect otherworldy results! They called it "liquid gold" at the salon I purchased from, but I would say it's more like liquid sterling silver. Felt nice as it was drying on my wet hair, but after flatironing, nothing special. Was supposed to help recondition my hair with use, after using the entire bottle was not convinced of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wash my hair every other day and use dry shampoo on the other days. On the days I wash my hair I apply this oil while my hair is still damp. I thought with my hair being so fine and generally greasy on its own that this might not be a worthwhile product for me. I was wrong! This oil somehow manages to make my hair soft and light. I have RedKen to add shine but cannot stand the smell, so Kerastase has been a terrific find for me. Now I can use my dry shampoo and not have hair that looks dried out at the ends and greasy at the scalp.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a fan of this product.
I was so excited to try this as i thought kerastase never dissapoints but what a kill- joy it turned out to be.

When it comes to using oils as a pre- shampoo treatement, i make my own mix of natural oils consisting of avocado oil, castor oil with/without tee tree oil, rosemary oil and sweet almond oil. And that does more for my hair than a whole bottle of this very expensive elixer would ever do.
When i use it on my damp hair, im still not crazy about it because there are better oils and serums available at a cheaper price that give me better results. Even the oleo-relax serum from kerastase is better.

Another similiar product to this is the Schwarzkopf Professional BC Bonacure Oil Miracle Finishing Treatment. It's cheaper and better.. I would suggest to give that a try instead.

This product doesn't work extremely well for my hair type at all so i will not be wasting my money on it ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by alexiscorner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I work at a salon and took a 5 hour Kerastase education class today and was given this as a gift. What an amazing product! I have sworn by Moroccan oil for my dry, frizzy and over processed hair but I think this product has it beat!

The oil is lightweight, does not weigh the hair down and contains beneficial oils that smooth, condition and create shine and softness. I used it on my clean wet hair pre-styling as well as a tiny bit after styling just on my ends. The results are great!! As well, in the class we learned that if you have quite naturally oily scalp you can use this oil before washing your hair. Massage some into the scalp because as weird as it sounds oil removes oil. Then rinse and use shampoo and it will help roots to become less greasy.

The product is expensive but a little goes a long way and as with all Kerastase products it's an investment that is going to show results and last.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by voodoochick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW.

I truly adore this elixir. I have thin porous treated hair and it wasn't too heavy ( Ive used the Moroccan oil light VERY sparingly with horrible results) and it smells divine it absorbs nicely and the end result is soft manageable hair.

It came as a sample in my Luxe Box October box and I must say this months box has been the best so far. Anyway, I recommend this products if you have light, thin porous hair like I do

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

57 dollars including tax..WTF!!! That being said this product rocks when used in conjunction with heat. I use about 3/4 pumps of this product alone on wet hair before blowdrying, This product alone adds shine, cuts the frizz and gives me smooth, shiny blowouts wow! Since buying and using this product, have'nt touched my nectar thermique *shocker*..which is my fav go to blowdrying product, which is collecting dust now. Another thing I noticed with this product is, I dont have to wash my hair everyother day..which is a plus. Nothing amazing about the smell though its ok. Would I buy this product again, I am not sure for now this an all rounder product..never had such a smooth blowout before with just 1 product. I am planning to try other oils will update and do a comparision review soon.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by exquis

loved it! i reviewed it on my blog! Get it, ladies!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

Really? For $54? This stuff doesn't smell half as good as Moroccan Oil or work half as well as Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum ($30 less). I kept putting more and more. It feels great right when you put it on. But it has a lot of water, so maybe when the water evaporates, my hair is left a little wavier (so, not good to use after flat ironing), dry, frizzy, and poofy (rather than sleek and soft). The more I put, it just kept evaporating and my hair was left a little greasy looking with no difference otherwise.

I do like that it has camellia oil in it, but maybe it would be better the just buy camellia oil separate.

I also used this in conjunction with Nectar Thermique, and was very underwhelmed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Marcelaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I won't repeat much what of others have said, but had to weigh in, here. Suffice to say this stuff is amazing. I have very curly hair. I also color it. My hair runs on they dry side.
When I wear it curly this product keeps the fuzzies away, when blowing dry straight, it's incredible too. I put some in my wet hair , and then blow dry. Shiny & silky with lots of volume. Fabulous! Once I've blown it dry, use it as touch up on dry hair & keeps my blowout/hair looking smooth and super healthy without weighing it down and looking greasy--and it doesn't ultimately dry the hair out like many of the products containing silicone. Smells divine too. Will buy again for sure!.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by glubba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really enjoying using this product. Looked into morrocan oil but could not stand the smell. Brought this from my hairdresser a couple of months ago for NZD48.
I am finding my hair is alot easier to straighten and stays straight longer which is a huge plus for me. Is so tempting to use more than you need, I have to remind myself to use only the one pump.
Like most Kerastase products is more expensive than other brands but you use less so ends up being better value. I will be repurchasing when I run out which by the looks of it will be quite some months from now.