October 23, 2014 | 915 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS PRODUCT. this is hands down the most heavy duty foundation/concealer i have every used. MAXIMUM coverage, applies beautifully on the skin. i used to wear this as a foundation but my skin has gotten a lot better so i try and save it just for concealer now. gives flawless coverage. can become caky pretty easily if you apply more than one layer, great for clubbing/partying though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by sevbu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a perfect foundation for oily skin. It didn't break me out and stayed well after 8 hours (i even didn't set it with powder). It is heavy though. Also you need to apply it very fast. It will really cover all of your imperfections but you need to use a little drop of it. It'll be enough trust me. Otherwise your face will look so unnatural. I gave 4 stars because color range is so poor and awful. I had to buy dark one and it seems like a black mask on me. Now i have to buy another bottle (to mix them up) and this sucks!. So, obviously i'll buy it again yes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As other reviewers have noted, this product goes on and sets very matte. In fact, I love it as an economical jumbo-tube of matte concealer! However, this means it's not exactly going to give you "skin-like" texture, and that's really not what it was designed to do. It's designed to cover and mattify and that's what it delivers. If coverage and tenacity are not your main concerns, don't buy this.
The only product right now that's miraculously able to correct tone, hide texture, stay put on oily skin, AND still look satiny and undetectable up-close is called "Wishful Thinking".
---
What this product CAN do is:
1. go on opaque where you have something to hide
2. set very matte so it softens and diffuses the visible texture of things like scars and spots
3. resist being broken down as quickly as other foundations on oily skins
4. feel relatively lightweight on the skin
---
Main cons to this are the tiny range of shades and the fact that you need to work fast because of the speed that it sets.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by ahtnamas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is awful, thought I would ride out the break outs this foundation gave me but its just gotten worse! Definitely is not a non-acnegeneic product and I would not recommend for people with acne prone skin. Rip off is all I can say it has completely ruined my skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Gabriela99

At the moment I am suffering of big acne breakouts due to polycystic ovaries and as I had a wedding to attend I needed something that would really cover this up. I have tried most commercial high end brands: chanel dior, HR, and was currently using HR sculpting foundation wich I generally like but seemed to get my skin very oily after just an hour or so and didnt give me the coverage I was looking for. EL double wear max. really gives great coverage and refelects light in a way I have never experienced before and make you look great in pictures. HOWEVER, it makes you look very dry due to its super matte effect. Close up it just doesnt look natural and although it gave great coverage I only rated it 3 because it kind of looks like theather makeup. I would use it again though, If i had another emergency like the wedding where I wouldnt want a face full of red spots.
Little goes a veeery long way with this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by AnnieNYC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

To those women who are giving this a bad review because they say it is too "cakey" or whatever, you do NOT understand the plight of a woman who has serious skin problems. For me, it could go on like wall spackle if it allows me to go out in the world and be confident and have a career and a social life. My skin is terrible, and this foundation has saved my life. However, while it covers extremely well it still looks natural and pretty (a dot the size of a pea does my whole face). It is the HOLY GRAIL of foundations for women who have a skin issue which is getting in the way of life. So, if your skin is just fine and you are giving this bad reviews because it is too much for you.....well, that's not fair.

41 out of 41 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Aaliyaheyes

I really don't get this foundation it looks terrible and cakey and powdery anyway I apply it even if I mix moisterizer or primer in it. I bought it because I really need some full coverage for my acne scars that I got from acne overload while pregnant but it doesnt cover even the lightest redness of them wth? I even think that it makes me look even a bit older as it settles in the lines on the side of my mouth from smiling and I'm only 25 I have absolutely no wrinkles and was shocked when I looked in the mirror after applying and drying and saw these. This foundation also makes my skin itch quiet a bit I'm just so disappointed in it. It also is very limited in colors and the color that I got looks very ashy after it dries eventhough it looks my color upon application. The only thing that I liked about this foundation is its very smooth and easy to blend and doesn't feel heavy or sticky in any way, very light on the skin. I will definitely not be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by jen1103

Sadly, i had to send this back. I really wanted a maximum coverage foundation like this for my acne scars and general imperfections. First, the colors. SO WHITE... Or too dark. Makes me look like a ghost in photos. Brought out every pore, line, and dry spot on my face, yet made me shiny and look like I had a mask on. And I still needed concealer - it did not cover any better than my current favorite, Lancome teint idole ultra. Sigh...just not right for me. I have oily skin and breakout-prone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by sweetdreamsb1atch

this is hands down the GODFATHER of all high coverage foundations..this fdtn basically covers E-VERY-THING!...if you are a fan of high coverage foundations you don't need to search anymore:this is the one!...just a little description of my skin:acne prone,oily,mega-large pores,acne scars ,and red scab marks because i tend to pick on my pimples(bad habit i know),uneven skin tone,lots of blemishes dark spots and hyperpigmentation in two words disastrous skin..but with this foundation i look flawless and self confident..the coverage is high,manages to cover alot in only one layer..the texture is a bit tick but it doesn't feels heavy on skin,i stay most of the time indoors and it didn't melted on my face ,it successfully managed to keep my face matte all day and has an amazing staying power..it can be a bit drying so if you don't aply a mosturizer underneath it will highlight all your dry patches..the colour from this foundation range are so natural looking not too yellow,not orange,not too pink i would say it has beige undertones maybe slightly cream-coloured..it's expensive but it worths every cent..i'm on my second tube and i will keep buying it until my skin condition gets better but what is more amazing is that this foundation is non acnegenic and that means it won't break you out...highly recommended

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After trying the regular Double Wear and loving it, I decided to try this one just for the hell of it. I am absolutely thrilled! Medium/Deep matches my skin tone very well and it covers everything while still maintainig a natural look. That is, after blending. It does have a tendancy to transfer, so I'm on the hunt for a good setting powder. It lasts foreverrrrr and stays flawless all day. It hasn't caused a single breakout, and the oil control is gorgeous, even in this gross Florida humidity. For any girl looking to cover up dark marks or acne scars without wearing a ton of foundation should try this. It literally takes less than a pea size amount to cover my whole face. Just make sure you moisturize well first, or it can accentuate any dry spots you may have. I love and hate the packagin. I love it because it's a tube and isn't messy but hate that I can't see when I'm running low, but the original Double Wear bottle doesn't really show how much product is left either. Oh well, it's a sacrifice I am willing to make.