April 18, 2014 | 1817 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by emiliagorgeous

I originally bought this product on a whim while i was on vacation in Las Vegas, I was originally looking for a heavy duty concealer, that would cover all my imperfections, so I could go to a night club in Las Vegas, and feel confident and beautiful. Anyway I am very glad I found this product because I don't normally ever even look around at The Estee Lauder counter. I am also very picky about foundations, I have tried many different brands and finishes , and I have not found any other foundations that give coverage like this one, and even if other people say their foundation does, it doesn't. For a beginner, this is a hard foundation to apply correctly. If you don't know a lot of about make up application there are some tips you must know, or less, you are causing extra unneeded trouble, Also I would not recommend this product, to anyone who does not like heavy duty foundation, or have vert dry skin, or who does't have a lot of skin imperfections, because I can tell you right now you you won't like it or you won't need a foundation with that much coverage. Anyway, The tricks I have learned to use with this foundation, is to use a fair amount of primer (moisturizing formula- primetime BM is good or a chafing gel is a cheaper version) as much as you can use without feeling like you are over doing it. Then mix this formula, with a little bit of a lighter coverage foundation, so that is will blend better, you can also adjust the color if you don't think the color you originally bought is right. you can skip this, if you want the maximum coverage but, it will be a harder to apply, and it make you time to get the application right (although this doesn't mean thats its a bad product) Also it is imperative that you use a brush when you apply this foundation, you won't get an even application if you use a brush. I use a 190 mac foundation brush if i want a full coverage finish or I use a stippling/ foundation brush, to get a more natural air brush finish, and use a oil to get this stuff off quickly, though make sure it doesn't have mineral oil in it, and then cleanse with the regular cleanser that you use. Hope this helps!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the ULTIMATE foundation. Its super creamy, covers e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g ur worst skin issues can even imagine & stays put. You wouldn't even need a concealer with this heavy duty yet light feeling natural skin looking miracle. But ofcourse, nothing is perfect & this sadly wasn't for me. It breaks my heart to say that I didn't find my match. I'm NC25, Revlon CS buff, L'oreal TM W2 (u can check my profile for others I've tried) & the SA originally matched me to #5 Tan Medium, which was a good shade darker & has pink undertones. This one would require too much conscious body tanning to look even so I returned it. Next, I picked up #3 Creamy Vanilla, which was a half shade lighter for me but is yellow toned, so matched more closely. Nothing a little bronzer to set couldn't fix, but then I went to an event & took pictures. It was horrible. Super white cast, ghost look. I've used foundations with SPF before but this was the worst. I was horrified. I wish EL had a #4, bcuz I'm convinced it would be perfect for me & I'll wait for that day to come. I can't rate this low , although I can never use it, only bcuz I've never come across something of such quality. I highly recommend it to those that take 5 steps to cover skin imperfections or are willing to see how cheap this product ($33) for the quality of its performance is to give it a try. You won't be disappointed, granted you match 1 out of the 6 shades it comes in. Good luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this. I actually decided to try it through a swap.. at the time it was too dark for me but now since its warmer I have been self tanning and its perfect match. I use creamy tan. It can be hard to blend because it dries fast so work in small sections. Its for sure full coverage. I usually use a regular foundation and then use this to conceal spots the foundation did not. I have used this as foundation before for special occasion or bad skin days and its amazing. I have normal skin, oily t zone and this stays put. It is expensive but I would buy this simply bc I have no problem buying products that deliver.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by msog177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My heaven-sent. I have very uneven skin tone, lots of acne scars, lots of active acne, large pores. I am ecstatic that I gave this foundation a shot. A tiny pea-sized amount covers my entire face like NO other foundation/concealer has ever done. I apply this foundation with my other heaven-sent, the Beautyblender, and I get flawless skin. This is the only foundation that so perfectly conceals all my dark scars, pitted scars and the large pores, without making my face look caked on. A nice sheer setting powder over it, to control my oily face, and I'm good to go. Yes, it is expensive but considering the tiny amount needed to get perfect coverage, it's pennies. I have terribly sensitive, acne-prone skin and this is the only foundation that doesn't cause violent cystic eruptions. I love this product and pray they never, ever discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by amazingrahela

so after reading good reviews,and several people recomanded me this foundation,i decided to go and buy it....i bought it from douglas...my first opinion about this foundation is that is very hard to blend in because it dries out really fast,i use shiseido foundation brush to blend,so you have to work with this product very fast...i used only a pea size of this product and it covered my whole face,therefore if this foundation lasts me more than 2 or 3 months ,i will buy it again,otherwise not...so it covers very well,like its name says(it has maximum cover)but i noticed vichy dermablend covers just a litle better than this...it didnt gave me that flawless radiant finish as i wanted....the finish is very very mat but not quite flawless,but i havent used only a concealer with this,i havent use a moisturier or a base,i will try this next time with a moisturizer to see if it's more flawless....so i like the coverage it's high to extreme,i like that it lasts very well,doesnt come off easily,even after having sex,was still there,most of my foundations that i used so far disapeared from my face,so thats a very good thing,i even slept in it and surprize the next day was still on the face,not very flawless as it was at the begining but was still there ,it doesnt transfer easily,it feel very light on the face,and since yesterday it didnt gave me breakouts,it actually made some of my actual breakouts to dry and i could peel them off very easily,thats due to his non-acnegenic feature and this is a major plus...however i didnt liked the fact that it emphasized my pores,it made them more obvious ,but i think thats because i didnt used a moisturizer,i will try next time with a moisturizer and come with an update,and i didnt liked very much the finish,i like vichy dermablend 's finish more...if you read the review i made about vichy dermablend ,you will see why i like estee lauder more...so overrall this product deserves 4 stars..
again,sorry for my english im not a native speaker,i hope you understanded something

UPDATE:
i went back at the shop ,i changed with a lighter tone number 5 creamy tan,after my boy boyfriend said that i look tired ,and with this colour,it fits me more perfectly i look flawless,even my bf said that my skin looks like on the cover ,very nice
im so sappy i will never change it,this is my new HG,and i give it 5 lippies

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very bad acne issues and seems like I've had to do lots of trial and error with different foundations. Through my research I have found that due to the oxygen level that our skin needs to use certain liquid makeup is actually bad for you because you are clogging your pores. I also have ULTRA sensitive skin so it seems like everything I put onto my skin breaks it out, even when I read reviews of people who say theirs doesnt. So after much research I went to trying mineral makeup (supposed to be better), however, due to my ULTRA sensitive skin again I broken out because I'm allergic to bismeth(?) in the mineral makeups.

I went to the store after reading reviews for this product to try it out. Little skeptical cuz I figured I would break out and waste $32 on this little bottle. Now, I will say the bottle is VERY small in my opinion...however, a small pea size dot will cover your whole face! So it lasts long. I used it and it helped cover a lot of my scars (still not completely covered) but mostly. Also, I did NOT break out more when using it....

I will say, word to the wise (as mentioned several times here and I concur)...you probably shouldn't wear this alone because in pictures you will look dead! So I finally found the perfect combination for me and hopefully it works for you!

I use the estee lauder as concealer on all my scars and such and then I use maybelline's mineral makeup (shine free loose powder only) (doesnt contain bismeth or whatever that stuff is to make you break out)---and really affordable! I love my makeup now. And I have tried EVERYTHING! I've tried neutrogena, clinique, maybelline, covergirl, marykay, arbonne, bare minerals, etc.

Hope this gives some of you some hope...I am now starting to do facials so my scarring goes down and then hopefully I wont have to worry about foundation at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by swimflight

I have acne prone skin and i have already taken Accutne twice, so i have a LOT of discoloration from past zits. When this was first put on my i really didnt like it, looked kinda muddy but redic coverage. Decided to go home and play with it and used my fingers...... what a difference... Why I like it so much is that for the amount of coverage you only have to use very little so I cut the amount of foundation that sits on my face by 75%. You might need a lil concealer( depending on sevarity of discoloration and circles) but for a 1 product application for $35 fantastic. My new HG. Also i have tried cover FX, estee lauder double wear foundation, MUFE,Smashbox, NARS. Also i live in the south where we have high heat and high humidity and it stays put.. no melting :) CON: limited colors i got lucky they had mine

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by anthrotpt

My skin is oily, acne-prone, and I have large pores
What I liked about it:
- Definitely full coverage!
- It is certainly matte and was good at keeping the oil at bay for much of the day.
- It didn't break me out - the most important feature, in my opinion.
What I didn't like:
- I normally put a dab of liquid foundation on each cheek, on my forehead, nose and chin, and then blend it in. You CAN'T do that with this stuff. I tried it, and within seconds it starts to dry, and then it just looked like I had several unblend-able smudges all over my face, it look awful.
- Solution - use a makeup sponge or brush and put a LITTLE bit of this stuff on it, and do your face one little bit at a time. A little goes a long way.
- It covered all my red spots wonderfully, but I would second some of the other reviews and make sure to moisturize first. It doesn't dry cakey, but it definitely feels better if you use moisturizer.
- Give it a second, because as it IS drying, it will seem a little cakey, but it really does NOT dry that way. Once it's dry, it feels nice and light.
- Also, because of my big pores, and this isn't a complaint about this foundation, just about liquid foundations in general, it rarely hides them, and sometimes its seems to accentuate them. To help with that, I use a pore-minimizer first, then the foundation, and then use mineral powder over the top.
- Mineral powder will also remove the cakey feel, if it's there for you.
I tried this to see if I'd like it for my wedding makeup, compared to Bare Minerals, and I like the coverage better and the matte better, but it doesn't feel as light as bare minerals. I'll keep experimenting. Also, EL is quite pricey for me (so is Bare Minerals though), but with my skin, I gotta try the pricey stuff :(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

DRY SKIN LADIES BEWARE!
Warning to ALL skin types: Exfoliate, then MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE prior to application.
A little about me: Iím NC20ish, RevlonCS in Buff, borrowed this from my sister in 01 Creamy Ivory.

I had just done my morning face regime (Proactiv & Olay Daily Facial lotion) and applied this over a primer but still saw flakes. This is intense full coverage. By that I mean that I fully believe this is stage makeup. I have pretty great skin considering Iíve got a little acne and redness. I have very small pores, and tend to get a little oily by mid-day so I donít have a lot of dryness in my skin. Somehow, after applying a very small amount of this (about three drops covered my whole face) I suddenly looked as though I had aging dry skin. It definitely has absolute full coverage but this stuff transfers like a mofo, pulls yellow, and looks incredibly unnatural & dull. I spent about an hour trying to blend it out and eventually just covered my face in Cetaphil. After massaging that in I finally got a somewhat natural look and the kicker is that my face still feels dry. I imagine this is an oily girlís dream but itís certainly not mine.

If youíre looking for a cheap way to use your favorite moisturizer to create a TM, this is the product Iíd purchase as itíll last forever. Cut a tiny drop of this into your moisturizer and voila! Instant TM with crazy coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this as a concealer. It is my HG concealer. I've used for YEARS.
It covers very well. It dries quickly and stays in place all day. It's amazing. This really isn't intended as an all over foundation. It's designed to cover major scars and cover tattoos.