Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

4.1

active ingredient: titanium dioxide ingredients: isododecane, titanium dioxide, isohexadecane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, petrolatum, glyceryl stearate, quaternium-18 hectorite, ethylene mixed copolymer, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), kaolin, cholesterol, aloe barbadensis extract, lavender, sandal wood, tocopheryl acetate, isomerized linoleic acid, geranium, silica, jasmin, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, bisabolol, propylene carbonate, polyethylene, rose, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, BHT, mica, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides, chromium oxide green, chromium hydroxide greens.

on 3/22/2013 9:55:00 AM

I want to start by saying that I have terrible skin - acne, blotchiness etc. This product was recommended to me by a friend, and I'm so very glad she did! It has changed my life (I know this sounds extremely overdramatic but for anyone who has acne you will know what I mean!). It covers up EVERYTHING. Granted, it is somewhat mask like in that it is very thick, but if you have really bad skin this is the only foundation which will guarantee to cover it up completely.

Pros - *Lasts all day *You only need to apply a small amount so the product is very long lasting *Coverage is fantastic *Despite its thickness, it looks very natural and airbrushed-esque *Lovely packaging

Cons - *I am very pale, but the lightest colour is slightly too light and the shade above is slightly too dark - possibly need to buy the two and blend which is a bit of a nuisance *It is not cheap (but you get what you pay for) *Must be carefully applied so as not to look "cake faced" - I guess you could blend with a nice moisturizer if need be.

Every girl with problem skin needs this bad boy in their make up bag! ;)

on 3/12/2013 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is the best foundation for covering blemishes and scars [if you accidentally picked!!]. It didn't break me out. I had first tried Mac foundation which completely broke me out. Then I switched to Laura Mercier which looked too cakey and wiped off so fast! This foundation does not wipe off, at least not for 12 hours at least ! It does look cakey if you don't blend it in. Just a little bit is needed! This foundation gives me exactly what I've been looking for!

on 3/10/2013 12:34:00 PM

I have been using this foundation for about two years. However i wouldnt dare to put it on my face without mixing it with another, lighter foundation as it makes my face look like im wearing a mask. It is cakey, the colour range is just horrible, none of the colours suit me therefore i use it in the lightest shade and mix it with a darker shade light foundation to balance it out. I dont agree with some reviewers saying it hasnt got coverage, because it does, i have bad acnee scarring and afer my foundation routine you cant tell that i do amd i dont use any concealer, so i do think it does have maximum coverage, but i highly recommend mixing a pea size amount of it with another foundation to not end up looking ill and caked on.

on 3/7/2013 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wanted to write to address some of the negative reviews, especially those that complain of a heavy/mask-like effect. I've found that applying *very little* of this immediately after applying EL Idealist provides just perfect coverage with no cakey look at all. It's a wonderful look. I'm stashing this for fear it might one day be discontinued.

I don't know how all the reviews are so good, May be there is something wrong with me.
I am so sorry to write this down,but I need to....I am so disappointed!
But I don't like this foundation. I have been using Clinique Continuous Coverage for about a year,but I saw so many good reviews on Estee lauder maximum Cover that I decided to give it a try..... Such a mistake and such a waste of money!
The coverage is not as good as the Clinique one's,neither is the staying power,not the finish.
It does NOT look like skin,like Clinique does. I also noticed that my T-zone get very oily with it in about a hour,which doesn't happen with Clinique.
I know my review sounds like I get paid by Clinique,but that's not the deal. I don't like Clinique products,except this foundation and the anti aging one (repairwear).
I just share my experiense . I will never buy this foundation again!

on 3/6/2013 1:09:00 PM

I use this on my cheeks and jaw line to cover up old acne scars from cystic acne...this stuff really covers.

I do agree it's thick and can look like a mask if you're not careful, so I wanted to share a technique I figured out (not really a new idea)!: just mix your regular day moisturizer with a small amount of this foundation on your finger, blend together and then apply with your fingertips...it looks natural and provides flawless coverage! I love this look and for days I want all-over full coverage, I use this technique. This technique still covers my acne scars but looks more natural. It blends onto your skin like silk and doesn't settle or look like a mask.

I hope that helps those of you think this is too heavy or mask like!

on 2/16/2013 1:56:00 AM

Coverage is great but looks like you're wearing a mask. Not natural looking at all.

on 2/13/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

OMG this stuff covers like nobody's business! I really like this foundation. It covers absolutely everything without drying my skin or make me greasy and cakey. You have to use just a tiny bit (a pea size is more than enough) to cover all your face. It blends so easily! First I was scared because this product has a very thick consistency, but I have feeling like applying Armani Maestro Foundation on my skin (because of this dry-oily consistency which is liquid by Armani and thick by EL, but it blends similar). The finish is matte, but in my opinion this foundation is almost invisible on skin. It feels very very light on the skin and last all day long. It didn't break me out which is very important for me. I have very pale skin and shade 11 VERY LIGHT is very good match for me (it's just a little bit more pink than I would like, because I have a yellow undertones... but it's nothing terrible, the foundation adapts to the skin after a while). The formula is not perfumed, non-comedogenic and contains anti-inflammators.
I use it with EL Translucent Loose Powder in 01 LIGHT and for me this two products works very well.
The only thing that make me angry is that this foundation doesn't control my oil very well... I have to do touch-ups during the day, but anyway for my acne prone skin is things like good coverage and no-breakouts on the first place.

on 2/10/2013 11:41:00 PM

One thing that I love about this foundation is that it does provide maximum coverage! I have tons of acne scars and this helped conceal & lighten the look of them (although they were not completely hidden, my skin looked almost perfect)

However, this tends to get me oily later on in the day (even with a setting powder) so I do need to blot once in awhile. In addition, it tends to settle onto the areas around my nose and mouth and it does start looking un-natural later on in the day. It also dries fast so you have to quickly apply and blend it, and if you have dry skin, make sure you moisturize and exfoliate to smooth it out or else it'll accentuate your dry skin. Also, if you add another layer onto your previous layer for more coverage, it starts looking cakey.

on 2/5/2013 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I've had this product for quite a while and originally bought it when I was obsessed with full coverage foundation - for reference; I have a very sensitive but very oily t-zone, particularly my nose which breaks down the normal DW, MAC studio sculpt and Chanel Perfection Lumiere within an hour (seriously; I could cope with the shine, but it literally breaks down and even when I blot, it just disappears and leaves bare, ugly patches) and very red cheeks that are also dry! I used this occasionally for covering particularly bad breakouts but had never used it over my entire face as it's very, very heavy and tends to dry quickly and "stick". Recently, my nose has become even oilier and as I'm getting married in 8 months, I've begun the quest to find a foundation that truly lasts all day and that will battle against my oily nose! I finished my make up today at 07.30 am (for reference; I applied an oil free moisturiser, no primer as I find them too greasy and unhelpful and then applied a thin layer of thing with a combination of real techniques expert face brush and my ring finger. I then used mac mineralise skin finish in medium light). Throughout the day I still had to blot and the usual things happened (some came away from my nose leaving it a touch patchy but not as bad as usual) and at 13.30 (on my lunch break) very lightly dusted my nose and chin. When I arrived home, I touched up very, very lightly (probably not recommended) with my finger by patting (and a small amount of very light patting with the RT buffing brush) using a touch of the foundation (and I mean a touch!!) and a small amount of Collection lasting perfection. I then applied a light dusting of mac prep and prime transparent finishing powder and now, at 22.06 as I write, my foundation is still in place and looks almost as good as fresh. It is a little shiny still on my t-zone, but there is no sign of cakeyness or any of my very large pores busting to get through. I've gone into so much detail because I struggled to find anyone else providing similar reviews with similar experiences as me and hope that someone with the same sort of skin finds this useful. Honestly; with a little patience and blotting, touching up and powdering along the way, I think this is definitely one to have a go at using. If I could attach a photo to this review to show you how intact the foundation is, I really would!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

My Full Coverage Foundation Routine (Acne) | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective

Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Foundation - Review & Demo by MonsiieurAlex