July 29, 2014 | 892 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by OhSnapItsTianna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I swear by Revlon's mineral foundations, and I was a heavy user of the original Colorstay mineral powder. Well, when it was discontinued, I was too nervous to try a new brand, so I went with this Aqua thing.

The first time I used it, the damp feeling it had freaked me out, but I got used to it very quickly.

The coverage is alright, though I wish it was a little more. It is also pretty shimmery, which has its pros and cons; it catches attention, but you find everything you touch has glitter on it, even later in the day.

Fairly good product, just wish they went to the regular formula...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by kbur084

I had this product tried on me by a revlon lady who i booked an appointment with for a "make-over". I will say that this foundation didn't stand much of a chance for me as the lady applied a shade that was much too dark and thus i walked away looking like an oompa loompa . Anyways she reccomended it to me because it was something new and she said that the coconut water in this would be very good for my skin, well i wouldnt say that as this product was very cakey and there is also glitter in this foundation (i was a vampire oompa loompa) so that combined with the cakeyness of the product equals bad skin in my books. it also has a clunky container which i can totally see cracking, not to mention the price! NZD$45 where i live!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by TnaDG

definitely NOT medium coverage. it evens out the complexion but it covers nothing. you have to use a separate kabuki brush for this. probably good for people with great skin. it doesnt break me out tho and i like how it feels when i put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by jwow7906

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the best stuff ever! so cheap! it isnt shiny at all.. it makes my skin appear less oily and it covers all marks if you apply it right. for those who say it is cakey, you obviously suck at applying makeup. try using the "pur" mineral brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by hotpa2d

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this only because Ulta was having a Buy Two Get One free sale, and I am always on the lookout for new powder/foundation makeup. I use the ColorStay pressed powder every day, so I thought I'd try this. I immediately came home and was reading the reviews and thought I may have made a mistake. But I am sooooo loving this stuff! I bought the Light Medium color, and I do not see any sparkles everyone here talks about. It took a little bit of getting used to the water-y, cool feel of it. But I found that if I lightly tap it on with a foundation brush, then sweep it evenly and quickly, then follow up with my pressed powder, I have the most flawless skin! First day I used it my boyfriend said I looked like I was glowing. And he NEVER says things like that. I even got a compliment at my dentist's office on how pretty my skin was. So yeah, I am loving this combo. I will stock up on all of these while I can, because I have a feeling it won't be around too long because of all these negative comments. I have a fair complexion, and very oily skin, and this seems to be my saving grace.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by MakenzieLynn

Overall, not a big fan of this product. I have oily skin so I usually use a powder foundation, and decided to try this one. The coverage isn't great, and I felt that I was just putting water all over my face, even though it was very dusty and powdery. It felt like a very gimmick-y product to me. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by caitlinshotwell

I have very a very dry/very oily combination of skin, and this foundation really compliments both of them. I thought that the microglitter would make me not like it because I thought it would equal making me look shiny, but it did not-I was very surprised. It gives me good coverage, but I don't have a lot to cover up. It just makes me look even, and the glitter isn't visible unless you get very close to my face. Most of the time I don't buy things without consulting the reviews, but I took a chance because I knew I could take it back if I hated it. I like the package, and the brush is better than what usually comes with foundations from the drugstore, and I like the cooling feeling. I will probably buy this again, and it's the only foundation that has totally worked with my touchy skin. If you think you'll like it, try it! If you don't, make sure to keep the receipt and find what works for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by hevzibah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know why people keep saying it covers well, but it doesn't on me. Fyi, I purchased it 2 months ago, I don't know if they have changed the formula eversince. I have plenty of redness and dry skin all around my mouth, this product doesn't help me with the redness, almost no coverage at all, but it works with the dryness which if I use the liquid one will just break me out even worse. I dont feel so annoyed with the shimmering effect, it's not that spark after a while. The brush to me has a good quality but still too small and I get tired applying the powder with that brush, I prefer to use kabuki brush as it will sweep and blend easily. Anyway I still use it to set my other foundation (that covers better) and the result is nice. But as a single foundation, it is dreadful.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by PineappleChick

I decided to buy this when I was running low on my Bare Minerals and didn't have time to run to Sephora for a replacement. I have oily skin and big pores in certain areas of my face. I noticed some people said that there was a lot of glitter in it and it made them break out. I'm surprised by this since I have acne prone skin and this hasn't broken me out and I haven't noticed any glitter in my product. Maybe they changed the formula after hearing all the complaints? The coverage is good but I will say I use this as a setting powder and not a foundation. I had a really red pimple on my cheek that my foundation couldn't cover that well but this powder covered it beautifully. It hasn't oxidized on my face and that has been a problem for me in the past with certain products. The price was $13 and some change but I got it for 40% off at Rite Aid with their card. I don't know if I would pay full price for it but if it was on sale I would buy it again. The only thing I find lacking is the packaging, I like depotting my mineral foundations into a bigger container so my brush will fit into it and I couldn't figure out how to depot it. If anyone knows let me know!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by mrsmcg

43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

PP said pretty much exactly what I was going to: "Sparkles have a place, but *all over* your face isn't one of them. This has glittery bits in it that made me look and feel like a disco ball - awkward anywhere but a party. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about a shimmer, I'm talking about an Edward Cullen all-out-sparkle factor. Seriously, I wouldn't even use that much sparkle in a highlighter. Because of that, I won't be wearing this and wouldn't recommend it to anyone over 16." EXACTLY!! I know that just copy-pasting isn't exactly reviewing it, but I wanted to point out that her review is spot-on.

This stuff SPARKLES. Bad, obnoxious sparkles. I can see how they would think that it would impart a light, luminous sheen, but it doesn't. Even if I could ignore that, which I can't, the coverage is inconsistent, it oxidizes oddly and inconsistently, and the coverage leaves *much* to be desired.

I suffered through most of a container, but I don't think that I'll have any possible use for the rest of what I have except as maybe a highlight or maybe to top a beige-ish/neutral eye look and add some shimmer? I don't know. If anyone's interesting in swapping an almost-used container of this, let me know. ;D