Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 1/21/2012 12:55:00 AM

i would have to say this is the best loose powder i have ever tryed!!!! it gives my skin a beautiful glow !!!! and my face feels silky soft not cakey!! i love the cooling effect it gives your skin when you apply it's so refreshing!! the packaging on the other hand SUCKS!!!! i dont use the little brush it comes with on the top cute idea but a fail! and the fact that you have to unscrew the jar to open it and get a big powder brush in there ,powder gets EVERYWHERE you have to be carefull or you will waste a ton of product !!!!! should be in a bigger conatiner without the little useless brush on the top!! but the product is sooo amazing i will deal with it!!!

on 1/19/2012 5:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

UPDATE 18th march 2013
it gave me breakouts :(
so i dont usually get pimples or breakouts nowadays but recently ive been into contouring again, so i use the dark colour for my contouring. unfortunately the next day, i find these bumps just under my cheeks, but not on anywhere else (that i didnt contour). so at first i just ignored it, but when i did another contouring, that happened again, which is sad because i love this powder to do contouring :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i DO NOT get the hate on this product. the glitteryness isnt THAT bad, yes it does shine like u just turned into the cullens, BUT, there is away to sorta get less glitter on ur face:
1. dont just take the pwder n brush it straight away, instead dab it to make a line of how ure going to brush it. this will avoid the glitteryness on one spot.
2. after it dab it with ur CLEAN fingertip in a sorta brushing way to any direction. for example, i use the dark color to shade on the bottom of the cheek, so i sorta dab it down following the lines when i do the fish mouth.
3. dont take so much of the powder, u only need just a little of it, because the color stays and it wont rub off for hours.

so yeah, i guess i do love this as a shading/bronzer since using blush/bronzer daily isnt healthy for ur skin, coz it stays for hours and hours, but ofcourse it means it is HARD to rub off if u put too much on then youll look like uve got a spot or ur face just got our of a tanning spa :P but thats more of my fault, nothing to do with the product. the "wet" feeling is really nice, makes me feel fresh. the glitter isnt soo much, unless u dont know how to not put the glitter too much, then again the glitter sorta wears off anyways. dont really like the package tho, so i keep the sticky plastic thing to just sit above the tiny holes, NOT expensive, very good price since u dont need to use much of this :)

on 1/8/2012 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My skin is super sensitive and oily so I have to be very careful when trying new face make-up. I love this to use as highlighter when I contour my face. After applying regular foundation, I put this down the bridge of my nose (with darker MAC Studio tech cream on the sides) to make it appear slimmer. I also put it along the corners of my bottom lip, center of my chin, underneath my eyes and a bit above my eyebrows. This makes everything look a bit lifted and lighter. I LOVE it. You have to be really careful when contouring because it can look like you didn't blend your colors well, but I find this looks natural in person, and works in photographs, too!

on 1/4/2012 1:20:00 PM

I originally bought this product because I get very oily skin and when wearing a liquid foundation alone my skin looks very gross by the end of the day.
Applying this product is like splashing cool water on your face. It was very enjoyable for me.
I use this everyday as my regular makeup routine. I apply their lightest tone over PhotoReady 001 Ivory foundation for a very nice, matte appearance.
Although it does shimmer a bit, it is not overwhelming. I do not look like a glitterbomb. And while I do continue to shed sparkles all day, it has never been a problem for me.

I would recommend this.

on 1/4/2012 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I'm actually quite surprised by the negative comments for this! I bought it on a whim out of a desire for translucent powder. I don't wear actual foundation because I feel cakey and greasy, so I usually just cover my under-eye circles and any pimples, powder up, and call it a day. This definitely serves my purposes. I've used this for a few weeks now, and I really don't see these sparkles that are supposedly in it. I like the light coverage and the cooling feeling. I do need to reapply later, but I'm used to that. However, the brush it comes with kind of sucks except for specific placement, which I do to set my under-eye concealer. I just use a regular powder brush and all is well. EDIT: An issue I have encountered, however, is that it can settle into my pores and look cakey sometimes. Ew!

on 12/30/2011 5:24:00 PM

i got this of course for the whole "refreshed feeling" thing the product swears by, and the first times i used it, i did feel it, and it was pretty nice! the coverage is great, lasts all day, and isn't shiny (at least for me). the only reason i gave it 4 stars was because i no longer feel the cooling sensation anymore. I guess it only works the first few times :c

on 12/28/2011 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I am so disappointed in Revlon. Colorstay Aqua is a horrible let down from the original Colorstay Mineral Powder. I used to use the original mineral powder all the time. It gave the right amount of light coverage and minimised pores. The Aqua is super shiny. It exgagerates every pore and wrinkle and makes me look like I'm walking around with a shiny layer of moondust on my face. I hate it and cannot understand why Revlon had to change a perfectly good formula. Thumbs down.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I swear by Revlon's mineral foundations, and I was a heavy user of the original Colorstay mineral powder. Well, when it was discontinued, I was too nervous to try a new brand, so I went with this Aqua thing.

The first time I used it, the damp feeling it had freaked me out, but I got used to it very quickly.

The coverage is alright, though I wish it was a little more. It is also pretty shimmery, which has its pros and cons; it catches attention, but you find everything you touch has glitter on it, even later in the day.

Fairly good product, just wish they went to the regular formula...

on 12/12/2011 4:31:00 AM

I had this product tried on me by a revlon lady who i booked an appointment with for a "make-over". I will say that this foundation didn't stand much of a chance for me as the lady applied a shade that was much too dark and thus i walked away looking like an oompa loompa . Anyways she reccomended it to me because it was something new and she said that the coconut water in this would be very good for my skin, well i wouldnt say that as this product was very cakey and there is also glitter in this foundation (i was a vampire oompa loompa) so that combined with the cakeyness of the product equals bad skin in my books. it also has a clunky container which i can totally see cracking, not to mention the price! NZD$45 where i live!!

on 12/6/2011 7:02:00 AM

definitely NOT medium coverage. it evens out the complexion but it covers nothing. you have to use a separate kabuki brush for this. probably good for people with great skin. it doesnt break me out tho and i like how it feels when i put it on.