October 31, 2014 | 837 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Stipple

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What is the purpose of this brush? I am not quite sure what to do with this brush. I tried it with my mineral makeup, and it's a flimsy brush. I didn't feel like I was applying my mineral makeup. I guess I am going to have to get the hang of it. Maybe, I will try it with liquid foundation. I love e.l.f. Studio brushes and the new Mineral brushes too...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by sunset8

I've seen reviews on youtube on this brush and some have said that it's too flimsy and spacey, but I think it's good for people who are more heavy-handed when applying foundation (aka me). I prefer using this with liquid foundation than cream because it gives a lighter coverage that I can build up, and me makeup seems less cakey and I get that "airbrushed" look. This is a great stippling brush for those who are new to using stippling brushes and don't want to shell out $15-50 for a Sigma F50 or a MAC 187 brush. I haven't had and loose hairs falling out from the brush so far, so that's a pretty good sign.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by labellevie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this brush so much I bought another! I use it for my more pigmented blushes, creme blushes, and if I'm having a really good skin day...foundation.

It doesn't apply enough coverage for me when using with foundation, but that's totally up to personal preference.

It's really soft, picks up the perfect amount of blush and blends really well. I don't think mine has shed a single hair, and I've used it at least 20 times and washed it many times also.

A GREAT buy and I'll always be repurchasing this

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by barcodegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This brush is just okay at applying foundation. It doesn't really give much coverage and the brush is just so flimsy and too soft. It works well at applying blush, though, it picks up the perfect amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by SaraJeanneB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is AMAZING I use it for foundation and it works wonderfully-- dabbing my foundation in until it blends in gives a smooth PERFECT finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLoverFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this for blush! I guess I'm lucky because i don't use foundation, but this would probably work good for that too.
I would love to buy more of these, but then i would be lazy and not wash it appropriately. It applies blushes so nice, and helps it to be build able so you don't pack too much on at once.
the bristles are so soft. before this, i was using a mac 268se. um, that is so scratchy, and made little bumps on my cheeks. I dont even have sensitive skin! so after using this, i wear blush WAY more often and no little red bumps!
you know, most of elf's brushes are not attached to the handle very tightly, but i dont think its fair to judge them because of it. if you are planning on buying brushes from elf, keep in mind you may need some super glue ready. BUT, I havent had that problem with this stipple brush or the flat top brush, so maybe they are using a new epoxy or something.
i think this is well worth the 3 bucks!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I was a little disappointed with this brush. Before this, I was using the ELF powder brush to stipple my foundation (the flat top one) and it was doing a pretty good job, so I decided to get this as I haven't used a proper stippling brush before. I know stippling brushes aren't meant to be very dense, but I think I prefer more dense brushes as they give me a better/smoother coverage. This brush, I use with more watery/runny foundations as it is easier to spread than thicker ones. I like that the brush is super soft (like the other brushes from the studio line) and have already washed it twice, with no shedding :) I say if your looking for a more lighter looking coverage, then definitely try this out. I suppose this will also be good for blush as well, but have yet to try that out. Worth trying out especially for the price, you can't go wrong! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by JoceyRF

This brush is great, I'm not one to buy MAC brushes, or any expensive brushes for that matter. I went on a trip to my beloved targe planning on breaking down and paying $15 for the sonia kashuk (sp?) brush...which they happened to be out of. However, in wondering around I've found that my target and actually all targets in my area have added an ELF section. Low and behold they had a stippling brush for $3...I can afford that! I was skeptical at first because I had tried the $1 powder brush and it shredded like no other (maybe I got a bum one idk). This brush is great! I miz estee lauder double wear with neurogena 3 in 1 on my hand get a little on the brush and dap the brush all over my face then buff it in. Set my T-zone w maybelline dream matte powder and my face is set to go allday!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by ladymoonlight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this stipple brush with the intention of using it to apply liquid foundation or highly pigmented blush, (as some reviewers suggested in their enthusiastic reviews) and it disappointed me in this respect. The bristles are far too soft and sort of placticky to apply liquids, and even worse at blending. Also quite hard to apply blush as the soft and smooth bristles glide on the blush without picking it at all.
But, on the positive side this is the best brush I have to apply MAC cremeblend blush. The consistency of this blush is just right for this brush! Also the size of the brush matches the diameter of the pan. SO - a perfect match. If I buy another cremeblend blush, I'll get another ELF stipple brush for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd never tried a stippling brush before this one so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I've tried it a few different ways in the past week.
I can't get it to work for stippling liquid foundation, the bristles don't apply quite enough pressure for me to get it to work. I much prefer the E.L.F. Studio powder brush for liquid foundation now.
However, I LOVE this brush for applying blush. I'm a complete newbie with blush, and this makes it so easy. I tap the brush into the pan, press it on my cheek once or twice, then buff the excess and blend with another brush (lately it's E.L.F. Studio face kabuki). I also like this brush for highlighter on the cheekbones, again it's very easy to use.
The brush is very high quality and sturdy, I haven't seen any problems with it. I have to take off one lippie since I was unable to use it with liquid foundation and that was the advertised purpose. I got it for half-off from the E.L.F. website, so it's a fantastic deal. If you've never tried a stippling brush before, I found this one a good one to start with.