E.L.F. Studio Stipple

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/27/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I bought the MAC brush first, and yes, it's fuller and softer than the E.l.f. Version....but it's also 700% more expensive. I intended to use it for MUAF liquid foundation with a stippling effect to get an airbrush look, and wowza, did it work. It was sheer at first, so I soaked a makeup sponge in water, squeezed the excess moisture and put liquid foundation on, then used the stippling brush to blend. It created a soft, natural look that still let my natural skin show while covering scars and acne. So, if you know what you are doing, this is a great tool.
UPDATE: Boo! After approx. 3 washes, the glue dissolved that held the brushes in place and the whole thing fell apart. I tried supergluing it back, but individual bristles kept falling out. I tossed it out and got the Sonia Kashuk brush for $13, which is still going strong.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This was my first (good) stippling brush. The one I had prior to this would bleed blue/black ink upon every wash - this one never had this problem which was great for me. It hasn't ever shed, leaked ink or anything like it; it is a pretty good brush. The one downside; however, it that it isn't as dense as I'd like it to be. The bristles are quite long and bendy, but that isn't too much of a problem. The only reason why I chose not to repurchase is because I came across Coastal Scents Bionic Buffer Brush, which has a density which I adore.
But overall, this is quite a good brush!

on 5/14/2011 7:02:00 PM

I waited almost 2 months for this brush to come back in stock on Elfs website and the wait was definitely worth it! If your looking into purchasing this brush I recommend you do quickly before it goes out of stock and you need to wait an unreasonable amount of time like I did.

Anyways onto the brush! Ive only ever used this for applying liquid foundation and cream blush but for both it seems to work very well! You could use it in a stippling motion for a heavy coverage with foundation but I prefer to swirl it as it gives a much more light application while still giving you an airbrush finish. With blush as long as you use a light hand and little product its gives lovely, natural glow to the cheek. I really recommend this brush and I myself am planning on buying another two. One for blush, one for foundation and another as a backup! This is excellent quality for the money!

on 5/9/2011 1:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Much smaller than other stippling brushes. Usually I use a stippling brush for highly pigmented blushes because they are large and sparse which means they give a vague wash of colour - however the smallness of the head on this brush means I can't just dab it on my face, I have to "colour in" my face! Completely defeats the object of the thing.

Spend your money on another brand, this was a waste of 3.50.

on 5/8/2011 6:49:00 AM

What is the purpose of this brush? I am not quite sure what to do with this brush. I tried it with my mineral makeup, and it's a flimsy brush. I didn't feel like I was applying my mineral makeup. I guess I am going to have to get the hang of it. Maybe, I will try it with liquid foundation. I love e.l.f. Studio brushes and the new Mineral brushes too...

on 5/7/2011 2:28:00 PM

I've seen reviews on youtube on this brush and some have said that it's too flimsy and spacey, but I think it's good for people who are more heavy-handed when applying foundation (aka me). I prefer using this with liquid foundation than cream because it gives a lighter coverage that I can build up, and me makeup seems less cakey and I get that "airbrushed" look. This is a great stippling brush for those who are new to using stippling brushes and don't want to shell out $15-50 for a Sigma F50 or a MAC 187 brush. I haven't had and loose hairs falling out from the brush so far, so that's a pretty good sign.

on 5/3/2011 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I loved this brush so much I bought another! I use it for my more pigmented blushes, creme blushes, and if I'm having a really good skin day...foundation.

It doesn't apply enough coverage for me when using with foundation, but that's totally up to personal preference.

It's really soft, picks up the perfect amount of blush and blends really well. I don't think mine has shed a single hair, and I've used it at least 20 times and washed it many times also.

A GREAT buy and I'll always be repurchasing this

on 5/1/2011 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This brush is just okay at applying foundation. It doesn't really give much coverage and the brush is just so flimsy and too soft. It works well at applying blush, though, it picks up the perfect amount.

on 4/21/2011 4:23:00 PM

This brush is AMAZING I use it for foundation and it works wonderfully-- dabbing my foundation in until it blends in gives a smooth PERFECT finish.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this for blush! I guess I'm lucky because i don't use foundation, but this would probably work good for that too.
I would love to buy more of these, but then i would be lazy and not wash it appropriately. It applies blushes so nice, and helps it to be build able so you don't pack too much on at once.
the bristles are so soft. before this, i was using a mac 268se. um, that is so scratchy, and made little bumps on my cheeks. I dont even have sensitive skin! so after using this, i wear blush WAY more often and no little red bumps!
you know, most of elf's brushes are not attached to the handle very tightly, but i dont think its fair to judge them because of it. if you are planning on buying brushes from elf, keep in mind you may need some super glue ready. BUT, I havent had that problem with this stipple brush or the flat top brush, so maybe they are using a new epoxy or something.
i think this is well worth the 3 bucks!