August 21, 2014 | 1791 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Stipple

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by SaraJeanneB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is AMAZING I use it for foundation and it works wonderfully-- dabbing my foundation in until it blends in gives a smooth PERFECT finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLoverFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this for blush! I guess I'm lucky because i don't use foundation, but this would probably work good for that too.
I would love to buy more of these, but then i would be lazy and not wash it appropriately. It applies blushes so nice, and helps it to be build able so you don't pack too much on at once.
the bristles are so soft. before this, i was using a mac 268se. um, that is so scratchy, and made little bumps on my cheeks. I dont even have sensitive skin! so after using this, i wear blush WAY more often and no little red bumps!
you know, most of elf's brushes are not attached to the handle very tightly, but i dont think its fair to judge them because of it. if you are planning on buying brushes from elf, keep in mind you may need some super glue ready. BUT, I havent had that problem with this stipple brush or the flat top brush, so maybe they are using a new epoxy or something.
i think this is well worth the 3 bucks!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I was a little disappointed with this brush. Before this, I was using the ELF powder brush to stipple my foundation (the flat top one) and it was doing a pretty good job, so I decided to get this as I haven't used a proper stippling brush before. I know stippling brushes aren't meant to be very dense, but I think I prefer more dense brushes as they give me a better/smoother coverage. This brush, I use with more watery/runny foundations as it is easier to spread than thicker ones. I like that the brush is super soft (like the other brushes from the studio line) and have already washed it twice, with no shedding :) I say if your looking for a more lighter looking coverage, then definitely try this out. I suppose this will also be good for blush as well, but have yet to try that out. Worth trying out especially for the price, you can't go wrong! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by JoceyRF

This brush is great, I'm not one to buy MAC brushes, or any expensive brushes for that matter. I went on a trip to my beloved targe planning on breaking down and paying $15 for the sonia kashuk (sp?) brush...which they happened to be out of. However, in wondering around I've found that my target and actually all targets in my area have added an ELF section. Low and behold they had a stippling brush for $3...I can afford that! I was skeptical at first because I had tried the $1 powder brush and it shredded like no other (maybe I got a bum one idk). This brush is great! I miz estee lauder double wear with neurogena 3 in 1 on my hand get a little on the brush and dap the brush all over my face then buff it in. Set my T-zone w maybelline dream matte powder and my face is set to go allday!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by ladymoonlight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this stipple brush with the intention of using it to apply liquid foundation or highly pigmented blush, (as some reviewers suggested in their enthusiastic reviews) and it disappointed me in this respect. The bristles are far too soft and sort of placticky to apply liquids, and even worse at blending. Also quite hard to apply blush as the soft and smooth bristles glide on the blush without picking it at all.
But, on the positive side this is the best brush I have to apply MAC cremeblend blush. The consistency of this blush is just right for this brush! Also the size of the brush matches the diameter of the pan. SO - a perfect match. If I buy another cremeblend blush, I'll get another ELF stipple brush for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd never tried a stippling brush before this one so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I've tried it a few different ways in the past week.
I can't get it to work for stippling liquid foundation, the bristles don't apply quite enough pressure for me to get it to work. I much prefer the E.L.F. Studio powder brush for liquid foundation now.
However, I LOVE this brush for applying blush. I'm a complete newbie with blush, and this makes it so easy. I tap the brush into the pan, press it on my cheek once or twice, then buff the excess and blend with another brush (lately it's E.L.F. Studio face kabuki). I also like this brush for highlighter on the cheekbones, again it's very easy to use.
The brush is very high quality and sturdy, I haven't seen any problems with it. I have to take off one lippie since I was unable to use it with liquid foundation and that was the advertised purpose. I got it for half-off from the E.L.F. website, so it's a fantastic deal. If you've never tried a stippling brush before, I found this one a good one to start with.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ImaJedi

I got this ready to compare to the MAC 187.

Compared to the MAC 187 - this brush is only... ok - When only stippling, it does poke the skin a bit. So those with sensitive skin, you might want to skip this, because it can cause irritation.
The MAC 187 is a lot softer and a lot gentler on the skin, it doesn't poke at all unlike this brush. This is just flimsy and kind of rough.

(If you buff your foundation with this brush, then it wont poke - in that case, it feels very soft. But this is a stippling brush. Buffing your foundation with a stippling brush completely ruins the texture/finish the brush is originally intended to produce. So if you do buff, it might be better to just get a flat top brush instead. You'd get better results)

When it comes to blush, this does a great job, it gives you a greatly blended look without much effort. Picks up an even amount of blush every time - Even with the brightest/pigmented blushes, it's hard to mess up with this brush.

For blush, I HIGHLY recommend it, but if you want this for foundation, you might want to skip.
Would not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I rarely wear foundation as I can't find a good enough shade anywhere, not one perfect enough for daytime wear anyway. I used this to apply the one foundation I do have and I really don't like this for that purpose. I don't think it can beat the ELF studio powder brush, it doesn't come close in my opinion.
Instead on wearing foundation, I use BB's touch up stick on blemishes and set it with the ELF mineral booster. I usually use the ELF studio kabuki for setting the concealer but it can sometimes remove the concealer even when I just pat the powder on very lightly. I find the the stipple brush does a good job of allowing me to very lightly dust the mineral booster over the concealer without ruining my blending and revealing the blemish underneath.
I am also very heavy handed with blush! I find this is very useful to combat my heavy hand as it allows me to slowly build up the colour and again, it enables me to apply blush without disturbing my concealer.
I was a little shocked at how small this is. I wish it was slightly bigger but never mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by SheKnowsItAll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the price of $3.00 this is a great buy!

Over all it's a pretty decent brush. It does a good job at stippling and allows for enough pressure to blend liquid foundations. I haven't experienced Any shedding or bleeding of dye. I like the all black sleek look to it. My only complaint is that no matter what, I just can't get the white of the brush back to white or even remotely close to white. During a cleaning the water runs clear so I know it's clean, but it looks as if I Just used it. Eh, that's something I can deal with as long as the brush is indeed clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

Wow, I love this so much! I also have the MAC stipple and I think this is just as good for a fraction of the cost. I'm so glad ELF got this back in stock, and I hope it stays that way because everyone NEEDS this brush! Don't let the dirt cheap price fool you. A good brush is not always $40. Give this a try if you are interested....you won't be sorry!