December 21, 2014 | 1787 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by beginning11

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product! I have tried many higher priced products that do not work as effectively as this one does.....Used this about 3 times perweek and skin looks great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Not only would I buy this again, I am going to stockpile it. This is a weekly exfoliating treatment with 10% AHA. It goes on at night and in the morning you wake up with BRAND NEW SKIN. No irritation, just smooth skin. This weekly treatment helps my Paula's Choice daily BHA lotion work better too because it gets right to the pores. This woman needs to be honored for bringing us honest products at a reasonable price that really do the job.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

This is an ok 10% AHA product. I've tried quite a few. This is a liquid treatment product. It smells a little bit like cheap boxed wine. This is meant to be a 'weekly' treatment but I've been using a 10% Glycolic acid product on my skin at night for 5 years now. Neostrata Ultra Smoothing cream at first then Peter Thomas Roth 10% Glycolic acid moisturizer. This product dried my skin out and just made it feel tight. I prefer my 10% Glycolic acid which allows me to use it every night and it keeps my skin smooth and doesn't dry it out and I don't have to layer products. So this is not for me.This would probably be good for someone with oily skin. Mine leans towards being more dry. Or maybe someone who can't wear glycolic acid every night.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Arosci

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've always been more than pleased with Paula's products, but this time I'm amazed with (and addicted to) the RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment 10% AHA !!

It tooks 2 weeks (with 4 applications per week) to remove all dead skin layers (I never would think I still had so much dead skin to be removed as I regularly exfoliated with Paula's BHAs).

I had strong flaking the very first week, less the second one, and now almost none... all of this without any redness or burning sensation, just a very light tingling (that I can't describe as unpleasant because it means the product is acting, so I love this sensation).

Now my skin is glowing, it retains moisture far better than ever before.

Just like the toner within the same range, the packaging is beautiful but would be more practical with a pump.

This product is a true holy grail !

EDIT : 05/18/2011 still using this outstanding exfoliant with success. I've replaced the cap with a spray pump (I found one that matches the matte silver look of this line's caps) and it dispenses a fine mist without spurting out, it's easier to control the amount used each time ;-)

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by carmensteve

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

2 days ago I received my Paula's Choice order containing the RESIST Skin Resurfacing & Smoothing System containing the daily smoothing treatment and the weekly resurfacing treatment. The first night, I used the daily treatment. It felt wonderful and left my face feeling soft and smooth. Last night, I used the weekly treatment. My skin is so soft today that I can't stop touching it! A miracle? No. A difference? Yes! I think that I am becoming a faithful devotee to the Resist line. My first venture into the line was the Barrier Repair Moisturizer. Loved it! The price - compared to other similar systems, is quite reasonable. I highly recommend the Resist products!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by firebird7815

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've only used this twice so far (over two weeks) on my sensitive, combination skin, but each time the results have been truly amazing! Because my skin can be quite reactive, I put on only a very small amount at night the first time and, as I expected, immediately felt that AHA-sting. Went to bed and woke up with incredibly soft, smooth skin. I used it the second time a couple of nights ago and the results were equally dramatic. My skin is more even-toned and the texture is finer. Incredible product. (I'm also using the Daily Smoothing Treatment and that also is amazing!)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Diane1272

I have used her 8% glycolic acid for years. So it caught my attention when I saw she came out with a 10% from her Resist line. And I do like the serum and moisturizer from that line also. So I order a few samples. After using it only one night, I ordered it the next day. I have to say I saw an improvement in my skin just after that first use. It is a liquid, but the bottle has a small opening so it doesnt just pour all over the place, but still you need to be careful. You can even use a cotton ball if you need. Anyway been using it for a few weeks now, and I'm sold!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No