Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritants), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant),Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract (anti-irritants), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant) Propylene Glycol (solvent), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). 6/23/11

on 8/2/2011 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh, I am loving this product! This is by far the most effective AHA product I've ever used, and I've tried a wide range, including the MUAC peels. I've only been using this for about a week, and I can't remember the last time my skin looked so smooth and glowing! I've used far more expensive products (Perricone, etc.) , and never got results like this. I have been alternating every other night with a retinol, but my skin is pretty tough.

on 6/26/2011 7:50:00 AM

Great results in pore size and overall smoothness and texture. I may be using this too frequently (about 4 times a week), because I got some dryness and flaking in the nose to mouth lines which made them look worse with makeup on. I'm going to experiment by cutting back a little or wiping it off those areas after 10 min--but overall this is most effective AHA I have ever used. Price is very reasonable when you consider that it's only meant to be used a few nights a week. I love that this is a liquid, it disappears, so it's not like adding another layer of treatment!

on 6/12/2011 11:08:00 AM

If you're looking for an AHA treatment, I highly recommend this one-especially if you're clog-prone. While I do like Alpha Hydrox's 10% Enhanced lotion, it can (like just about any moisturizer) give me clogged pores, especially with continued use. So I appreciate that I can simply rinse this off with a few splashes of water. I can imagine that this would be a plus for anyone using other topical treatments (not having to skip a night to fit in the AHA). I absolutely love how smooth (and tiny-pored) my skin looks with use. I never fail to get complimentary comments on my complexion after using an AHA product. After my last treatment, I was asked by another female "What do you use on your skin?" If you're a skin care nut (as I am), that's a huge compliment.
I've ordered several samples of this (each time that I place an order, I include some), one of which smelled of vomit. Must have been a bad batch, as I haven't encountered it since. I have yet to order the full size, as I have held off in favor of more "essential" skin care products. Even so, I'm ready to upgrade, as this is definitely an essential part of any smooth skin seeking person's regimen.

ETA: I was looking over past orders with P.C. and see that I ordered my full size on June 18th. I've been doing a weekly treatment since receiving and have about two more treatments or so before I run out. It's now October 13th. While the bottle sure seems rather small upon first receiving, it definitely goes a long way, I'm pleased to say.

on 4/29/2011 9:34:00 PM

This is a great product! I have tried many higher priced products that do not work as effectively as this one does.....Used this about 3 times perweek and skin looks great!

on 2/16/2011 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not only would I buy this again, I am going to stockpile it. This is a weekly exfoliating treatment with 10% AHA. It goes on at night and in the morning you wake up with BRAND NEW SKIN. No irritation, just smooth skin. This weekly treatment helps my Paula's Choice daily BHA lotion work better too because it gets right to the pores. This woman needs to be honored for bringing us honest products at a reasonable price that really do the job.

on 1/18/2011 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an ok 10% AHA product. I've tried quite a few. This is a liquid treatment product. It smells a little bit like cheap boxed wine. This is meant to be a 'weekly' treatment but I've been using a 10% Glycolic acid product on my skin at night for 5 years now. Neostrata Ultra Smoothing cream at first then Peter Thomas Roth 10% Glycolic acid moisturizer. This product dried my skin out and just made it feel tight. I prefer my 10% Glycolic acid which allows me to use it every night and it keeps my skin smooth and doesn't dry it out and I don't have to layer products. So this is not for me.This would probably be good for someone with oily skin. Mine leans towards being more dry. Or maybe someone who can't wear glycolic acid every night.

on 1/4/2011 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I've always been more than pleased with Paula's products, but this time I'm amazed with (and addicted to) the RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment 10% AHA !!

It tooks 2 weeks (with 4 applications per week) to remove all dead skin layers (I never would think I still had so much dead skin to be removed as I regularly exfoliated with Paula's BHAs).

I had strong flaking the very first week, less the second one, and now almost none... all of this without any redness or burning sensation, just a very light tingling (that I can't describe as unpleasant because it means the product is acting, so I love this sensation).

Now my skin is glowing, it retains moisture far better than ever before.

Just like the toner within the same range, the packaging is beautiful but would be more practical with a pump.

This product is a true holy grail !

EDIT : 05/18/2011 still using this outstanding exfoliant with success. I've replaced the cap with a spray pump (I found one that matches the matte silver look of this line's caps) and it dispenses a fine mist without spurting out, it's easier to control the amount used each time ;-)

on 12/23/2010 10:43:00 AM

2 days ago I received my Paula's Choice order containing the RESIST Skin Resurfacing & Smoothing System containing the daily smoothing treatment and the weekly resurfacing treatment. The first night, I used the daily treatment. It felt wonderful and left my face feeling soft and smooth. Last night, I used the weekly treatment. My skin is so soft today that I can't stop touching it! A miracle? No. A difference? Yes! I think that I am becoming a faithful devotee to the Resist line. My first venture into the line was the Barrier Repair Moisturizer. Loved it! The price - compared to other similar systems, is quite reasonable. I highly recommend the Resist products!

on 12/5/2010 9:03:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I've only used this twice so far (over two weeks) on my sensitive, combination skin, but each time the results have been truly amazing! Because my skin can be quite reactive, I put on only a very small amount at night the first time and, as I expected, immediately felt that AHA-sting. Went to bed and woke up with incredibly soft, smooth skin. I used it the second time a couple of nights ago and the results were equally dramatic. My skin is more even-toned and the texture is finer. Incredible product. (I'm also using the Daily Smoothing Treatment and that also is amazing!)

on 11/12/2010 8:20:00 PM

I have used her 8% glycolic acid for years. So it caught my attention when I saw she came out with a 10% from her Resist line. And I do like the serum and moisturizer from that line also. So I order a few samples. After using it only one night, I ordered it the next day. I have to say I saw an improvement in my skin just after that first use. It is a liquid, but the bottle has a small opening so it doesnt just pour all over the place, but still you need to be careful. You can even use a cotton ball if you need. Anyway been using it for a few weeks now, and I'm sold!

Popular Treatments (Face)