Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritants), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant),Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract (anti-irritants), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant) Propylene Glycol (solvent), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). 6/23/11

on 9/26/2011 9:53:00 PM

This a great toner. Great results, as expected with a 10% glycolic product, doesn't sting, doesn't irritate. One word of caution - this is to be used at night. Even if you ignore the fact that you shouldn't use an AHA with the option of being out in the sun, you won't ignore the fact that this leaves a very obvious shiny finish on your face. That aside, love it and will definitely be buying more. Packaging, as with many PC products, sucks.

on 9/18/2011 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love,love,love! This is the first AHA that doesn't irritate my skin. Been using this for almost two years. I receive 2-3 chemical (TCA) peels per year-- makes them more effective. I use this 3 x's /week. If you use this product you MUST use a daily sunscreen everyday or all the great benefits will be gone.

on 8/24/2011 8:29:00 AM

I ordered this product on the advice of a friend, who has RAVE reviews for PC products. I've been using Glycolic acid 10% pads for months with good results but have noticed my skin seemed mottled, red, and irritated. My breakouts had really diminished but my skin didn't look as pretty as I would have liked.

The Resist resurfacing treatment arrived a week ago and I've used it 3x and cannot believe how wonderful it is! After the very first use, my skin was radiant. Smooth, beautiful in color, and my pores looked smaller.

I completely agree with all of the positive reviews on here. I will definitely buy this in bulk when I need some more.

The only negative thing I can say is that even despite my previous daily use of glycolic acid 10%, it seems a bit drying. (It's summer here, so my skin is at its oily worst and I'm still seeing some flaking). But I've been using it every other night and leaving it on all night, so I will either move to every 2 nights or rinse it off after a period of time.

I use this weekly, though my skin could handle it more often. I will continue to repurchase as a weekly treatment to supplement my daily skincare regimen.

Background: I have normal/combo (slightly dry/slightly oily depending on season) acne-prone skin that has dramatically improved since I've been more diligent about potentially irritating ingredients (ie alcohol). I don't have sensitive skin in the conventional sense - my skin is very tolerant of products. However, I would breakout consistently using anything even just remotely not suggested for acne-prone skin. Before buying a product I refer to beautypedia.com, the cosmetic ingredient dictionary (on same site), and MUA! My acne used to be the painful bumps under the skin that would take weeks to surface. Since using Paula's Choice products I only get the occassional spot. My current skincare regimen is used in tandem with regular workouts. For me, this alleviated all hormonal breakouts (because working out balances your hormones, and sweating changes the PH of your skin - don't know if the PH part matters for acne though).

Usage: I apply this directly to my hands and then use on my face to avoid product waste. It dispenses as a thin liquid, and I would prefer a compatible spray nozzle in order to transfer to my hands more reliably. I use this once a week, in tandem with the Resist toner and Retin-A treatments. My skin could handle this as a daily treatment, but I prefer the 2% BHA liquid for that (plus there's less of this stuff and it's more expensive). I use this as a weekly treatment to give my skin some oomph with a variety of well-formulated products.

Results: This really does give my skin a beautiful finish the next day. I also feel like my skin is more moisturized/holds moisture better after using this. I definitely have an increase of clarity in my skin - for lack of a better word, it is like a glow or radiance. It's just that something extra my skin needs once in awhile. A great treatment if my skin is looking kind of dull. That dullness is prevented with the once a week frequency of use, I've found.

I have experienced slight tingling when using this, but it only lasted a couple seconds and has only happened once or twice. When it did happen it was in the winter so my skin may have just been particularly dry or sensitive those days.

This is $26.95 for 2oz so it is pricey - but compared to other AHAs at this concentration this is a ridiculously reasonable price. I've tried drugstore AHAs, and PC products are just THE BEST at exfoliants, in my opinion (and for the price, quality, etc.). The website also has frequent deals, especially on exfoliants, so scout the website for a couple months before you buy. Also look for online discount codes because if there are any you can double up your savings that way.

on 8/2/2011 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh, I am loving this product! This is by far the most effective AHA product I've ever used, and I've tried a wide range, including the MUAC peels. I've only been using this for about a week, and I can't remember the last time my skin looked so smooth and glowing! I've used far more expensive products (Perricone, etc.) , and never got results like this. I have been alternating every other night with a retinol, but my skin is pretty tough.

on 6/26/2011 7:50:00 AM

Great results in pore size and overall smoothness and texture. I may be using this too frequently (about 4 times a week), because I got some dryness and flaking in the nose to mouth lines which made them look worse with makeup on. I'm going to experiment by cutting back a little or wiping it off those areas after 10 min--but overall this is most effective AHA I have ever used. Price is very reasonable when you consider that it's only meant to be used a few nights a week. I love that this is a liquid, it disappears, so it's not like adding another layer of treatment!

on 6/12/2011 11:08:00 AM

If you're looking for an AHA treatment, I highly recommend this one-especially if you're clog-prone. While I do like Alpha Hydrox's 10% Enhanced lotion, it can (like just about any moisturizer) give me clogged pores, especially with continued use. So I appreciate that I can simply rinse this off with a few splashes of water. I can imagine that this would be a plus for anyone using other topical treatments (not having to skip a night to fit in the AHA). I absolutely love how smooth (and tiny-pored) my skin looks with use. I never fail to get complimentary comments on my complexion after using an AHA product. After my last treatment, I was asked by another female "What do you use on your skin?" If you're a skin care nut (as I am), that's a huge compliment.
I've ordered several samples of this (each time that I place an order, I include some), one of which smelled of vomit. Must have been a bad batch, as I haven't encountered it since. I have yet to order the full size, as I have held off in favor of more "essential" skin care products. Even so, I'm ready to upgrade, as this is definitely an essential part of any smooth skin seeking person's regimen.

ETA: I was looking over past orders with P.C. and see that I ordered my full size on June 18th. I've been doing a weekly treatment since receiving and have about two more treatments or so before I run out. It's now October 13th. While the bottle sure seems rather small upon first receiving, it definitely goes a long way, I'm pleased to say.

on 4/29/2011 9:34:00 PM

This is a great product! I have tried many higher priced products that do not work as effectively as this one does.....Used this about 3 times perweek and skin looks great!

on 2/16/2011 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not only would I buy this again, I am going to stockpile it. This is a weekly exfoliating treatment with 10% AHA. It goes on at night and in the morning you wake up with BRAND NEW SKIN. No irritation, just smooth skin. This weekly treatment helps my Paula's Choice daily BHA lotion work better too because it gets right to the pores. This woman needs to be honored for bringing us honest products at a reasonable price that really do the job.

on 1/18/2011 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an ok 10% AHA product. I've tried quite a few. This is a liquid treatment product. It smells a little bit like cheap boxed wine. This is meant to be a 'weekly' treatment but I've been using a 10% Glycolic acid product on my skin at night for 5 years now. Neostrata Ultra Smoothing cream at first then Peter Thomas Roth 10% Glycolic acid moisturizer. This product dried my skin out and just made it feel tight. I prefer my 10% Glycolic acid which allows me to use it every night and it keeps my skin smooth and doesn't dry it out and I don't have to layer products. So this is not for me.This would probably be good for someone with oily skin. Mine leans towards being more dry. Or maybe someone who can't wear glycolic acid every night.

Popular Treatments (Face)