September 17, 2014 | 1263 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Lovelorn

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Cbc1025

Bought this lipstick because of the reviews here. It's a very wearable day shade. Staying power is not too good. This is my least favorite in all my MAC lipsticks. What I don't like about it, is that it broke at the base and seems to be melting. Maybe because I've been putting on much so that I would get much color and won't fade. I have this for 3 months now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Murisa

I love this lipstick. I'm NC20 with chocolate brown hair and this pink is the only one that doesn't look cheap or tacky on me; the opposite it really brightens up my face. The texture is lovely. I would say that you can even build it to an amplified finish if you like. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by goldenhen

Well, I was all like "it's nice enough, but it's nothing special" but every single time I have worn it I've had compliments, and people asking me what I had on and writing it down, so what do I know? Obviously it works. For reference I'm NC20/25 with very dark hair and eyes so I guess it doesn't look too Barbie on me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by m4mitchell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovelorn is a lovely bright blue pink lipstick. The color is buildable from a mild shade to a bright pink, but it's not over the top. This is my current go to lipstick when I want something that is colorful and brights up my face without being too loud or dark.

I'm NW20 with pigmented lips, and this works nicely with my skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by shoppawhorelic

I was looking for a nude-pinky lipstick for my NC30 skin, and the lustre nude rose lipstick from the Dsquared collection--which I was coveting-- was sold out everywhere, so the SA recommended Lovelorn instead.

I was presently surprised with the colour. While it is pinkier than nude rose, it is extremely wearable on my skintone and pigmented lips. I do top it off with a sheer berry tone gloss, as similar to what other reviewers have commented, MAC lippies like this one are hardly the most moisturizing.

While it is a good lipstick, I'm not so sure if it's hit holy grail status for me...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by hollyholly

This has been my all time favourite lippy. It was my first MAC Lipstick that I ever bought when I was about 15 and it has remained my go-to colour ever since. It is a blue-pink and so makes my teeth look whiter - and it gives me that china doll look with my NW20 skin tone and dark hair. I pair it with either pink swoon blush or dainty blush.

I must confess that I have strayed from it for the last 2 weeks since buying angel which is soooo very pretty with smokey eyes.

MAC lipsticks are very drying no matter their formulation so to achieve the best finish you must moisturize your lips heaps!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by BABYBLUEBMW

Such an ugly color ON!! all of these reviews are so subjective, that they are really somewhat pointless!:) What looks good on one person ~ simply does not on someone else!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Maya88

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG pink lippie. I like wearing it with Viva glam VI on top - beautiful and feminine, and gets loads of compliments :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by prep4evaxoxo

I love this lipstick! It is the perfect sort of buble gum pink for my skin tone, because saint germain just looks retarted on me :). It is a great pink where it is like wham but not too out their! I would def. buy this again :) and as always it is high quality like all other mac products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this lipstick is gorgeous. a nice bubblegum pink that isnt as BAM as saint germain, but still pink and beautiful just like saint germain. more wearable and since it's a lustre it feels sooo smooth and nice.
I dont know why i stay away from lustres, i always thought they were too sheer, well, this lipstick is evidence that i was wrong.