November 26, 2014 | 1732 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Lovelorn

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Murisa

I love this lipstick. I'm NC20 with chocolate brown hair and this pink is the only one that doesn't look cheap or tacky on me; the opposite it really brightens up my face. The texture is lovely. I would say that you can even build it to an amplified finish if you like. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by goldenhen

Well, I was all like "it's nice enough, but it's nothing special" but every single time I have worn it I've had compliments, and people asking me what I had on and writing it down, so what do I know? Obviously it works. For reference I'm NC20/25 with very dark hair and eyes so I guess it doesn't look too Barbie on me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by m4mitchell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovelorn is a lovely bright blue pink lipstick. The color is buildable from a mild shade to a bright pink, but it's not over the top. This is my current go to lipstick when I want something that is colorful and brights up my face without being too loud or dark.

I'm NW20 with pigmented lips, and this works nicely with my skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by shoppawhorelic

I was looking for a nude-pinky lipstick for my NC30 skin, and the lustre nude rose lipstick from the Dsquared collection--which I was coveting-- was sold out everywhere, so the SA recommended Lovelorn instead.

I was presently surprised with the colour. While it is pinkier than nude rose, it is extremely wearable on my skintone and pigmented lips. I do top it off with a sheer berry tone gloss, as similar to what other reviewers have commented, MAC lippies like this one are hardly the most moisturizing.

While it is a good lipstick, I'm not so sure if it's hit holy grail status for me...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by hollyholly

This has been my all time favourite lippy. It was my first MAC Lipstick that I ever bought when I was about 15 and it has remained my go-to colour ever since. It is a blue-pink and so makes my teeth look whiter - and it gives me that china doll look with my NW20 skin tone and dark hair. I pair it with either pink swoon blush or dainty blush.

I must confess that I have strayed from it for the last 2 weeks since buying angel which is soooo very pretty with smokey eyes.

MAC lipsticks are very drying no matter their formulation so to achieve the best finish you must moisturize your lips heaps!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by BABYBLUEBMW

Such an ugly color ON!! all of these reviews are so subjective, that they are really somewhat pointless!:) What looks good on one person ~ simply does not on someone else!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Maya88

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG pink lippie. I like wearing it with Viva glam VI on top - beautiful and feminine, and gets loads of compliments :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by prep4evaxoxo

I love this lipstick! It is the perfect sort of buble gum pink for my skin tone, because saint germain just looks retarted on me :). It is a great pink where it is like wham but not too out their! I would def. buy this again :) and as always it is high quality like all other mac products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this lipstick is gorgeous. a nice bubblegum pink that isnt as BAM as saint germain, but still pink and beautiful just like saint germain. more wearable and since it's a lustre it feels sooo smooth and nice.
I dont know why i stay away from lustres, i always thought they were too sheer, well, this lipstick is evidence that i was wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by HannahBoBana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well this seem's to be a marmite product, in terms of the colour anyway. It either look's amazing with your skintone, or it make's you look like a barbie. I seem to fall between the category between the two. Sometimes when I apply this lipstick, I think I look amazing, so I go out, and see my reflection and wipe it off because I feel.....well.....daft. I think for paler toned lips this is a shock, it's true to the colour in the tube and it smells devine, but it's just not wearable. As always MAC hit gold with this product in terms of smell and forumlation, but the colour is just to mad. But if you're into the bright lipsticks, give this a shot, I'm sure you'll love it.
Rating- 3 lippies, Lovley Texture, forumla & scent
Price- Well, it's MAC so, so you pay for quality.
Packaging- Lovley as always, I just wipe the lipstick with a wipe now and then.
Would I repurchase?- No, I wouldn't, theres other lipsticks that would go better with my skintone.

Hannah
x

EDIT.- I've changed the ratings to 4 stars because i've actually found this can be wearable if you wear it over a nude base. I first apply foundation to my lips & then lightly dab this lipstick over it & you get a pinky nudish shade. I never EVER get away with a nude lip, but this looks so pretty on. It looks lovley with a brown smokey neutral eye. Try this, but makesure to moisturise before you apply foundation of your lips, it doesn't work if your lips are dry and chapped. Hope this helps.
x