MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

4.4

I was initially looking for a natural looking baby pink lipstick that I could wear on a daily basis, so I decided on trying out Lovelorn, Costa chic and Syrup.

I decided on purchasing Lovelorn because the color was a very gorgeous pink. It looked very natural against my NW20 skin and with a right amount of lustre. The formula of this lipstick is absolutely amazing. It kept my lips really moist and had a really nice shine without overdoing it.

How I would describe this pink would be a baby pink but with some very subtle red undertones. The color is very buildable too. Two coats of this baby is enough to cover your natural pigmented lip color.

I use to be just a lipgloss girl, but after purchasing two MAC lipsticks, I am a lipstick convert!

Definately give it a try!!

on 2/16/2010 5:11:00 PM

Although Viva Glam was not a lipstick I was overwhelmed by, I decided to try Lovelorn as was looking for a fresh pale pink as a change from neutrals. I have to say that Lovelorn, especially when teamed with lipgloss, is a lovely, soft, baby pink. It makes my whole face brighter and brings out my eyes (which are green). It's a lovely lipstick and not drying at all but am not sure if I would repurchase as it is quite expensive and I had one very similar a couple of years ago from Borjois.

I LOVE this lipstick. On me (NC15, dark brown hair,brown eyes) it looks AMAZING! This is THE perfect pink for everyday wear. It goes on really creamy and is less drying than some of my other MAC lipsticks. I can't really explain why it's so perfect, but on my face it just brightens my whole face and looks perfect. Some pinks wash me out, but this is great. My friend was actually wearing this and I always thought her lips looked amazing, so I asked her and she said she was wearing MAC Lovelorn, so I bought it. So glad I did!

on 1/23/2010 2:47:00 AM

Bought this lipstick because of the reviews here. It's a very wearable day shade. Staying power is not too good. This is my least favorite in all my MAC lipsticks. What I don't like about it, is that it broke at the base and seems to be melting. Maybe because I've been putting on much so that I would get much color and won't fade. I have this for 3 months now.

on 1/21/2010 11:27:00 AM

I love this lipstick. I'm NC20 with chocolate brown hair and this pink is the only one that doesn't look cheap or tacky on me; the opposite it really brightens up my face. The texture is lovely. I would say that you can even build it to an amplified finish if you like. Love it!

on 1/7/2010 8:11:00 AM

Well, I was all like "it's nice enough, but it's nothing special" but every single time I have worn it I've had compliments, and people asking me what I had on and writing it down, so what do I know? Obviously it works. For reference I'm NC20/25 with very dark hair and eyes so I guess it doesn't look too Barbie on me!

on 1/1/2010 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Lovelorn is a lovely bright blue pink lipstick. The color is buildable from a mild shade to a bright pink, but it's not over the top. This is my current go to lipstick when I want something that is colorful and brights up my face without being too loud or dark.

I'm NW20 with pigmented lips, and this works nicely with my skintone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for a nude-pinky lipstick for my NC30 skin, and the lustre nude rose lipstick from the Dsquared collection--which I was coveting-- was sold out everywhere, so the SA recommended Lovelorn instead.

I was presently surprised with the colour. While it is pinkier than nude rose, it is extremely wearable on my skintone and pigmented lips. I do top it off with a sheer berry tone gloss, as similar to what other reviewers have commented, MAC lippies like this one are hardly the most moisturizing.

While it is a good lipstick, I'm not so sure if it's hit holy grail status for me...

on 11/21/2009 2:55:00 AM

This has been my all time favourite lippy. It was my first MAC Lipstick that I ever bought when I was about 15 and it has remained my go-to colour ever since. It is a blue-pink and so makes my teeth look whiter - and it gives me that china doll look with my NW20 skin tone and dark hair. I pair it with either pink swoon blush or dainty blush.

I must confess that I have strayed from it for the last 2 weeks since buying angel which is soooo very pretty with smokey eyes.

MAC lipsticks are very drying no matter their formulation so to achieve the best finish you must moisturize your lips heaps!

on 11/21/2009 12:11:00 AM

Such an ugly color ON!! all of these reviews are so subjective, that they are really somewhat pointless!:) What looks good on one person ~ simply does not on someone else!

Popular Lipsticks