July 30, 2014 | 2068 users online

Blush - NARS - Sex Appeal

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by ssherices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous neutral peach blush. I am somewhere between a nw20 and nc25....this blush gives my cheeks a healthy gorgeous glow. I dont see pink on my cheeks i mostly see a hue of peach....yes this is light but with the right brush you only need two swipes....it does show up on my skin just fine....this is a great blush in my opinion.....very natural looking. Loving it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Mewo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love it! It's the perfect blush for me, since I'm a natural kind of girl and it gives me this polished look without being obvious! But since it's so light, I guess, it's just an option in the winter for me :) But I adore it nevertheless!
On me it's the perfect peach and although it doesn't have any shimmer, it makes me glow!
My Go-To blush for now :)
For gals with pale skin - I'd def recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by MalenaScordia

Let me start off by describing my coloring. I have jet black hair, brown eyes, and a warm olivey complexion that is between NC25 and NC30. I have yellowy green undertones.
And that is why, in my understanding, I am able to wear this blush. There are a lot of pale people who find that Sex Appeal is not showing up- it's a very muted, pale pink. I think the key to wearing this shade is in the undertones. Of course, I can't imagine this being the ideal color for very dark skin tones- it would probably come off as ashy and pointless. But even so, I think it does not show up very well on people with pink toned skin, unless you're so very pale that you're pretty much translucent-white. But this is just my understanding of this, I'm sure different people have different experiences.
For me, this blush is perfect. It's an understated, natural glow. It brightens up my complexion, takes away any pale yellow sallowness, without being over the top, too bright, or noticeably a 'blush' color.
Like others have said, it's very buildable but will never be 'too much.'
I use this on top of other blushes too, to add an extra dimension, to make my skin glow without shimmer. I really think this is a very unique product, but it will not work for everyone, that's for sure.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was VERY skeptical when I first ordered this, but I haven't bought a new NARS blush in a very long time.

Right now, at the end of November, I'm an NC30 / MUFE HD 127-8ish (i have and used all 3 recently), and I can not even begin to go on about how much I adore this blush!!!!

Firstly, it doesn't show up for nothing on the apples of my cheeks as they are naturally pigmented. Fail. Honestly, I can't see it showing up on anyone higher than a 20.

BUT using as a contour (which I think is actually recommended on the NARS (european, at least) website)... OMG! I don't know how I've gone 35 years without this color!

If you know how to contour correctly, this is A-MA-ZING!!!!!! and an absolute MUST HAVE!!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

This is a gorgeous colour, both in the pan and on my NC15 face. I dont find I need to layer it heaps to get it to show up, but it does have that 'no-blush' kinda look when you are finished. I hate that Nars blushes are so expensive (in Aus, they are $72 retail) and that you seem to get so little. BUT that being said, this is a beautiful and unique colour and I love it. I usually dont like Nars blushes (hate Orgasm) but this is a winner. Highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I am a collector of Nars blushes, and the only Nars blush that I ever hated was Super Orgasm. I love the name of Nars blush, Sex Appeal, always a conversation starter!
To me Sex Appeal is a light Pinky Peach colour with a slight sheen, just for that light, healthy flush.
Now I'm an NC30 in terms of foundation, therefore my skin tone is not that light and I find this blush workable. The colour shows up great on my cheeks. I usually wear this on a day when i have minimal makeup, cause this colour is not heavy it will only show up on your face like a slight sheen or flush, which looks absolutely natural.
I find this colour better to use then Douceur, Douceur has a more matte brown undertone, that it sort of just blends away into my skin tone, where as this is a lot more pinky undertone that would actually make it stand out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

TOTALLY WORTH IT. I'm NC/NW20 and this gives me the most gorgeous glow without looking like I have blush on. The texture is fantastic, so soft and smooth and easy to blend. The only real gripe is the price but really for such a gorgeous finish it's worth every penny.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by blondejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a PPP (nc/nw 20) and horribly allergic to Benefit's Dandelion (or the vast majority of their box of powders)....I LOVE THIS! Squee! This is a brightening blush for me. It's not too cool, it's not too warm. I have paired this up with my NARS volga matte l/s and a little bronzer...and I'm loving it. This color does require more of a heavy hand to deposit the color. I don't mind. I am enjoying this product and I appreciate the natural glow and natural blush that this gives to my skin. Every once in a while it's nice to have a light flush. It does wear well and doesn't fade. I like applying it and stepping back from the mirror to see the pretty glow this creates for my skin. I appreciate it, however I can see how this product would not work for many people. I will repurchase, eventually.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful ..... however, you have to be a PPP to pull this off ....... I am a NW10 and this is the perfect pink on me (this is a peachy-pink but shows up pink on me.) I absolutely love pale pink blush, however, have always found a hard time finding the right one (my previous HG was Armani 01 which sadly was discontinued.) I have tried Benefit's Dandelion which pulled more warm peach/pink on me and recently was able to score Rock and Republic's Spank, which is a bit dark pink on me (Tease looks better on my cool coloring,) however I was drawn to Sex Appeal and absolutely love it ....... with my pale coloring it shows up as a beautiful matte light pink and I add a bit of highlighter on my cheekbone and it works perfectly for me ....... I was so impressed with this blush, that today I purchased a second with my VIB Sephora 20% off ....... again you have to be very pale to pull Sex Appeal off, however, I highly recommend this blush to anyone especially in the NW10 - NW15 range.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by karmabum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went to Sephora to try this out after seeing iffy reviews. I am around an NC 20 or Sand in YSL. This is subtle and does pull more peachy on me but it does show up. I do use more than I typically would with a Nars blush but it is a pretty glow, not a bright pop of color. Dandelion also shows up in a similar intensity on me but is more pink. It is not for more medium/darker skinned people b/c it would either be chalky or just not show. Not sure it is worth the money because most Nars blushes last a long time so the high price tag is ok but with this one you just need to use more than a single tap to make it show. I am not a fan of super bright blushes and this is 1 that will not end up making me look sunburnt or feverish. I also recommend Deep Throat by Nars if you are around NC20.
Dropped this 1 lippie for price vs color payoff. A good dupe is Revlon Perfectly Peach blush.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No