NARS Sex Appeal

4.2

on 12/21/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

After reading the reviews here, I wasn't sure what to expect when I tried this. In the store, it looked non-existant on my hand, but since it was the last one I bought it anyway to try it at home in real conditions. NARS has always been somewhat try and fail with me, as I just cannot love any lipsticks, but adore their other products. I never find the color to be "true," at least on me.

Sex Appeal, though, is a wonderful baby-pink in the pan and on my N20-25 cheeks, but when layered looks more mauve. I would compare it, when layered, to MAC's The Perfect Cheek, which is my HG blush. I find this blush to be a lot more powdery and soft than say, Orgasm, and when I dip in my fluffy brush, a lot is picked up, which is both a good and bad thing - it's hard to overdo this blush, but I also feel like I may waste a lot of product. It creates a soft focus on my cheeks - no glitter, sheen, shimmer, anything - just a pure, rosy, healthy pink glow. It really brightens up my whole complextion!

NARS blushes are really, really worth the $26USD price tag, as there is tons of product in the pan and they really do last ages. I personally love the rubberized packaging, and know that this has saved my products on several occasions where they've accidentally been dropped on hard, tile flooring, sometimes from impressive heights. I think on darker or more olive skintones this may run the risk of looking ashy, dirty, or not showing up at all, but on my lighter winter skin it looks fab. Time will tell how it looks with a tan!

on 12/19/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am NW15 and I do not like really bright, pigmented blushes. That said, this blush gives a really healthy glow to my cheeks without making it look like I have blush on, because I hate how that looks. I love how it lights up my face. Contrary to some others, I find that this blush isn't really that pigmented and I can put on a lot before I start to turn "clown-like". I can see how somebody who likes a bold cheek would not like this color. However, it is perfect for me and I would highly recommend it to others who like a soft look! Note: Upon too heavy application I have found it starts to look "muddy"

on 12/13/2010 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am NC 15 and this shows up as peachy on my skin - not really pink. It is a light matte extremely pigmented blush. It is very finely milled. NARS really has the best quality blushes. Because it is extremely pigmented, it is very buildable. Because I have fair skin with dark hair (Asian), I find this blush extremely flattering.

hib

on 12/7/2010 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

As soon as I saw this i was in love with it, everything about it is just so nice. It's definately not a really bold colour but it isn't kind of wishy washy pale not really there colour either.
On my nc15 skin it comes over kind of peachy more than pink. It is so soft and easy to blend, no glitter or shimmer just a really beautiful subtle every day colour.

on 12/7/2010 5:21:00 PM

This is a gorgeous neutral peach blush. I am somewhere between a nw20 and nc25....this blush gives my cheeks a healthy gorgeous glow. I dont see pink on my cheeks i mostly see a hue of peach....yes this is light but with the right brush you only need two swipes....it does show up on my skin just fine....this is a great blush in my opinion.....very natural looking. Loving it!

on 12/7/2010 11:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love it! It's the perfect blush for me, since I'm a natural kind of girl and it gives me this polished look without being obvious! But since it's so light, I guess, it's just an option in the winter for me :) But I adore it nevertheless!
On me it's the perfect peach and although it doesn't have any shimmer, it makes me glow!
My Go-To blush for now :)
For gals with pale skin - I'd def recommend it!

on 11/26/2010 2:52:00 PM

Let me start off by describing my coloring. I have jet black hair, brown eyes, and a warm olivey complexion that is between NC25 and NC30. I have yellowy green undertones.
And that is why, in my understanding, I am able to wear this blush. There are a lot of pale people who find that Sex Appeal is not showing up- it's a very muted, pale pink. I think the key to wearing this shade is in the undertones. Of course, I can't imagine this being the ideal color for very dark skin tones- it would probably come off as ashy and pointless. But even so, I think it does not show up very well on people with pink toned skin, unless you're so very pale that you're pretty much translucent-white. But this is just my understanding of this, I'm sure different people have different experiences.
For me, this blush is perfect. It's an understated, natural glow. It brightens up my complexion, takes away any pale yellow sallowness, without being over the top, too bright, or noticeably a 'blush' color.
Like others have said, it's very buildable but will never be 'too much.'
I use this on top of other blushes too, to add an extra dimension, to make my skin glow without shimmer. I really think this is a very unique product, but it will not work for everyone, that's for sure.

on 11/26/2010 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I was VERY skeptical when I first ordered this, but I haven't bought a new NARS blush in a very long time.

Right now, at the end of November, I'm an NC30 / MUFE HD 127-8ish (i have and used all 3 recently), and I can not even begin to go on about how much I adore this blush!!!!

Firstly, it doesn't show up for nothing on the apples of my cheeks as they are naturally pigmented. Fail. Honestly, I can't see it showing up on anyone higher than a 20.

BUT using as a contour (which I think is actually recommended on the NARS (european, at least) website)... OMG! I don't know how I've gone 35 years without this color!

If you know how to contour correctly, this is A-MA-ZING!!!!!! and an absolute MUST HAVE!!!!

on 11/25/2010 8:02:00 PM

This is a gorgeous colour, both in the pan and on my NC15 face. I dont find I need to layer it heaps to get it to show up, but it does have that 'no-blush' kinda look when you are finished. I hate that Nars blushes are so expensive (in Aus, they are $72 retail) and that you seem to get so little. BUT that being said, this is a beautiful and unique colour and I love it. I usually dont like Nars blushes (hate Orgasm) but this is a winner. Highly recommended

on 11/25/2010 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I am a collector of Nars blushes, and the only Nars blush that I ever hated was Super Orgasm. I love the name of Nars blush, Sex Appeal, always a conversation starter!
To me Sex Appeal is a light Pinky Peach colour with a slight sheen, just for that light, healthy flush.
Now I'm an NC30 in terms of foundation, therefore my skin tone is not that light and I find this blush workable. The colour shows up great on my cheeks. I usually wear this on a day when i have minimal makeup, cause this colour is not heavy it will only show up on your face like a slight sheen or flush, which looks absolutely natural.
I find this colour better to use then Douceur, Douceur has a more matte brown undertone, that it sort of just blends away into my skin tone, where as this is a lot more pinky undertone that would actually make it stand out.

Popular Blush Products