August 20, 2014 | 1805 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by indiarosebird

I loved this foundation but it just did not suit my skin type at all.

I have combination skin of very sensitive, prone to eczema, sometimes dry. I occasionally can get an oily t-zone and although I have very clear skin and only tend to get pimples when Im hormonal.

Id like to point out that id never used a liquid foundation before this product, I just use a bit of concealer and a covering powder.

I thought Id give this foundation a try and it was just beautiful. Goes on very easily, and didnt find I needed to use much. Gave my skin a beautiful soft, natural, radiant feel, not at all greasy and not cakey at all. I never found the need to re-apply throughout the day. And it made my skin look FLAWLESS! As if I had been photoshopped! I didnt even find the need to apply concealer afterwards over blemishes, the foundation seemed to cover everything yet felt so light. I hardly felt like I was wearing makeup I received a lot of compliments on how great my skin looked whenever I wore this.

HOWEVER. Being as I have very sensitive skin which is prone to breaking out with some products, I noticed in the first few weeks of using this, I started to get extremely painful cystic lumps on my chin and forehead. I thought it couldnt be the foundation (I didnt want it to be, I loved it too much! It also states the foundation is 'non-comedogenic' meaning it wont block pores...though I guess this isnt true for all skin types!). I continued to use this product for about 3-4months, hoping my skin would improve but it didnt. Everyday I would get a new cystic spot on my forehead or chin or cheek and a cluster of others. It was so painful. In the end I had to ditch the foundation, and went back to my normal makeup routine. I tried the foundation again for one day a month later to see if it was definitely the product and I got spots again :(

SO.
If you are used to using liquid foundations and are looking for something new that has a weightless feel and amazing airbrush effects I highly recommend this product. Wish I could have given it 5 stars because it truly is a beautiful foundation.
But, if like me you are quite sensitive, have ultimate combination skin of eczema/breakouts to unfamiliar products I dont recommend this. Something in the ingredients did not agree with my skin at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

this (and chanel perfection lumiere) is probably my least favorite high end foundation - overhyped, overpriced without delivering the quality i expect. first of all, this foundation does not last at all. my skin is oily but with setting powder, liquid foundations last 8 hours on me on average. vitalumiere aqua literally melts off my face in patches within 3 hours despite me using a setting powder - and this is during autumn, when i'm not even that oily! really do not love the foundation. maybe it's just me, but the consistency feels so oily and settles into my pores when i apply it on my face. the shade selection is also horrible. i'm not even that fair skinned and never had problems picking the right shade for other foundations, but even the lightest shade B10 is too dark for me! the smell is perhaps the only positive thing i can say about this foundation - the finish is so so, definitely not as magical as how the youtube gurus rave. the burberry velvet foundation and estee lauder double wear light are so much better in comparison. much better finish, staying power, oily controlling power and packaging. i should have known better when i fished out $60 for a tiny plastic bottle from a luxury brand...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very dissapointing. Been wanting to try this for years and finally got around to buying it. Its cakey and cheap looking. Feels light on application but after buffing it turns into a powdered made up look, to heavy and sickly looking. The SA colour matched me to B10 and I should really be BR10 with pink tones so I may still give this another try in the future to see if a better colour match blends with my skin better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by bluepig486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NC25ish and extremely oily in the summer to combination in the winter, this foundation is fantastic in spring and fall seasons. Because it's water based, it doesn't cause my face to produce excess oil and stays put for 8+ hours with a setting powder. It's a light coverage that evens out most redness, but spot concealing will be necessary as I have post acne scars and discolorations, and it is layer-able for better coverage without looking cakey. It has a satin finish that leans matte in the cooler months, overall it looks very natural. HOWEVER, as all chanel foundations seem to do, it melts off in the summer after about 4 hours, and because of the alcohol content, it dehydrates my skin and causes dry flaky areas in the winter. If your skin is normal to oily, this is a brilliant foundation that I recommend as there are few actually like it. For reference I use B20 although I get the sense that it's sometimes a bit light for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I believe this foundation may just be my holy grail. I have "good" skin and really need only sheer-light coverage, but I like a finished look - a semi-matte finish and something for my powder to "stick" to. This does the job beautifully. The formula is lightweight, a silicone/water emulsion that must be shaken before each use. It applies thin, and gives light coverage. It gives a satin matte finish that lasts all day. Typical Chanel light rose fragrance. The packaging is a small (1 oz. standard foundation size) plastic bottle with screw-on cap. You squeeze out exactly how much you need through the nozzle, so the bottle is both hygienic and easy to use. I apply this with either a sponge or a flat top synthetic brush (ELF powder or Sigma F80). I wear this daily and have not had any problems. A little price, around $50 for the bottle, but IMHO well worth it for a great, light foundation with a beautiful finish.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by maggiethebeagle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the formula! Hate the color selection! Horrible colors for my skin tone. Needs a neutral option. Lightweight & luminous and would be so perfect if it matched. Did not break me out after several uses, but had to return two different colors as they were horribly wrong on me. So disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I find Chanel makeup hard to review because a part of me wants to love it and another part tells me that you way overpayed for something that's not that amazing. Even though the quality comes through with this foundation I only can go by the fact that I don't like my face *all that much* after I have applied it. This is far better than Pro Lumier which I owned years ago however, it's still not the perfect formula or shade match. I am neutral-toned (NW20) and always seeking that shade that is that perfect peachy ivory (not too pink or yellow) for paler skin. I ended up with the shade 22 Beige Rose. It is slightly too dark for me so I must use a very pale finishing powder to lighten it up. (Not ideal). I don't think this is a bad foundation at all. I definitely can work with it and end up looking pretty good. But all things considered, for the price and the fact that there's no perfect shade for me, I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by expatricia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Beautiful formula, no neutral option. Good: I love the formula. it's weightless, looks like skin, blends well, doesn't irritate. Bad: No neutral shade for paler skins. the pinky tones make me look like an eraser. The yellowy options make me look like a dandelion. The lady at the counter kindly mixed both tones for a sample and while it looked great, I'm not spending $90+ for a foundation I have to mix every day. Sigh. I envy those of you who have a match with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by littlemissmagic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's hard for me to review this foundation, because when it works, it works beautifully. When it doesn't, my face ends up a flaky mess.

I have combination-oily skin. I exfoliate regularly and moisturize my skin on a daily basis. There are no obvious dry or flaky patches anywhere on my skin, but after I apply this in a thin layer starting from the centre of my face, giant flakes of dry skin show up everywhere. It's as if this foundation is literally drying up my skin, and when this happens, there's nothing to do but remove my make up and re-exfoliate. I suspect it's the alcohol in the foundation that is to blame.

Other times, this foundation has no problems. It lasts all day, and has a beautiful satin finish. There's a light, floral scent which I adore, and doesn't irritate my skin. I also love the travel-friendly, hygienic packaging.

This foundation is just a pain to apply. I want to be able to slap this on without needing to worry about flaky patches. You also have to shake it really hard. Like 30 full seconds of shaking this product, otherwise a separated watery-lump will come out. I really hate having to do this.

Will I repurchase? Probably not. There are so many exciting formulations coming out all the time that I more look forward to trying that aren't potentially drying or time-consuming.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Abbyb717

I do like this foundation. For a runny consistency, first impressions are you're going to get a sheer finish. But this covers quite well! You can really build to medium coverage. Which is great for me considering I do get a few breakouts here and there. The only problem I have with this is the color!! I wear the lightest color they sell (I think it's Beige Rose 12?) and it it's still too dark and too pink on me! I can make it work sometimes - but other times I just can't pull it off.. especially during the winter time when my skin is even paler than usual. If the color I have is the lightest they sell than I probably won't repurchase. Such a shame! I enjoy the coverage and finish it gives