Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

on 8/26/2012 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the reviews about this mascara, I was really excited to try it out. Let's just say it didn't quite work out for me.
I guess I'll just list out the pros and cons.

CONS:
- unlike what the reviews say, this does smudge onto your lower lids. The severity of the raccoon eye effect depends, but I usually do get some faint blackage by the end of the day. Some days though, I don't
- BLINK LIGHTLY POST APPLICATION. Because your lashes become really lengthened, your lashes will smudge onto the tops of your cheeks if you blink too hard.
- the wand sucks.. I mean, it's not that bad. It's a BIT hard to apply, and the tip is a lost cause. More often than I am proud to admit, I tend to pretend my mascara wand is an eyeliner brush, and so I run it along my lids. The product collects at the end so majorly bad.. I don't even know what to do. As long as you don't use the tip, it won't really be a problem though.
- I'm not sure how other mascaras fair (since this is my second mascara only) but my lashes would sometimes get clumped together. I end up longer, and less lashes by the end.
-Do not apply too many coats. This is buildable only for about..3-4 times max. 2 is more than enough. After awhile, your lashes look like long, black, crispy spider legs. It's disgusting. (even though that goes for most mascaras)
-depending on what you like, this mascara is not waterproof. Personally, I like how easy it is to remove, but because my eyes water a lot.. it tends to run. I wouldn't recommend this on your bottom lashes at all.

PROS:
-this DID extend my lashes quite a bit. I'm not sure if it made them grow or not because I do not use it as often as I like. My eyes tear up, so it's never really necessary for me.
-since the mascara extends my lashes, I don't even have to apply anything to my bottom lashes. I just blink, and the product will make my bottom lashes longer. Also, it hits it in the right way. It doesn't do all your bottom lashes.. just your outermost ones.. so if you tear up, it's not THAT bad.
-Well.. I'm not sure what else I should say. This mascara DOES do what it's supposed to.

It's not a bad mascara at all.. just know that it isn't all that amazing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this mascara !!! i always repurchase !!! everyone always compliments on my lashes every time ! i pair it with MAC zoom lash. Love this stuff !! i hope RIMMEL never discontinues this product !

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This mascara really aggravated me. I read online that this was the best mascara you could get from a drugstore so i decided to try it. I dont know if this was a malfunction on my mascara wand, but there were two short strings coming from both sides of the wand and every time i go to put the mascara on, its very difficult to not let the strings go into my eyes. The mascara itself does nothing for me either. I may as well not even wear any. Oh well good thing i used a gift card to buy it.

on 8/9/2012 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product was okay. It was overpriced ($10) for an alright mascara. It did not dry until 5-10~ minutes after application so I had mascara on my eyelids sometimes. Oh, and it WILL clump if you apply more than one-two coats without letting it dry. It did not hold my curls very well. The wand wasn't very curved so application was a bit difficult. I did, however, notice that my lashes grew a bit longer, which was the only reason why I liked this product.

on 8/4/2012 10:16:00 AM

I have medium length eyelashes and this formula holds a curl, does not flake or smudge, and is easy to wash off. It gives me natural looking lashes with a bit of oomph- perfect for work. I did not notice my lashes getting longer since supposedly this formula helps lashes grow so one point off for that. It is a build-able formula where i could put on three coats without clumping. I highly recommend this mascara.

on 8/3/2012 4:00:00 PM

Really didn't like this one at all. The first time I applied it I was super impressed. After that first use, though, it just became a pain. If there is ANY little bit of product left over on the brush then my lashes are clump city when I put the mascara on. So, I have to wipe down the wand each and every time I use this mascara. Talk about a waste of product and money. It's also a very very wet formulation so watch out. I can't tell you how many times I've ended up with mascara all under my eye and on my lids when I blinked or sneezed a couple minutes after putting this on. Not throwing this out since I hate to waste money but definitely will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this mascara!! I haven't tried many macaras, but this is by far the best. It is a thin formula, making it very build able. A few strokes will give you a subtle look, or you can layer this stuff to make brilliant lashes.

on 7/25/2012 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I generally like this mascara alot . However, as a growth lash mascara , not so much. It doesn't grow effectively, but i noticed a small amount of growth in my lashes which is always good ! (: I'd say it does lengthen your lashes , and it won't flake. It's great for a natural look , as it defines your lashes but doesn't really look like you're wearing it. (depending on how much you apply)

on 7/22/2012 1:20:00 AM

I really liked this! it's not super dramatic but it gives a lot of length!!! I only used this for like a week and a half and I had already started seeing results! (I went on vacation and didn't really wear makeup for a while) It made my eyelashes a little longer and a lot softer! The mascara doesn't give volume and a good amount of length, definition, and sort of a feather effect.

on 7/10/2012 8:57:00 PM

This mascara doesnt make too much of a difference with the length and it clumps abit so you have to comb it out over all you get what you pay for