April 20, 2014 | 1680 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by cozycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. I've always had a problem with my eyelashes shedding particularly since I've been a daily user of mascara for many years, but this one keeps them strong and healthy, I haven't had any lashes falling off since I started using it many months ago, so it is ideal for everyday use. I have average-length lashes with average volume and this gives me a great day-time look for the office. If I need a little more 'oomph' I just apply a second coat after a couple minutes, and I'd curl my lashes beforehand. But generally I save my bad-ass volumnizer mascara for special evenings, and use this one for any other occasion. Oh I love, love, love the price too! What else can I say, it's cheap and it works for me, so far the only mascara in its price range that keeps my lashes strong, prevents hair loss, while serving its purpose as a mascara. I also haven't had problems with clumping and it's pretty easy to wash off (I use vaseline to remove mascara before washing my face).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Twizzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a total mascara snob, having tried everything on all ends of the spectrum--I was a huge fan of L'Oreal's ACCENTUOUS mascara back in the day and cry all the time it never came back--used it for years and swore by it--and had gone thru tons of disenchanted mascaras, from DIORSHOW to clinique to LANCOME to all the cheapie ones--and stumbled across this in extreme black--and I'm a happy mascara snob again :) I HATE big bushy brushes, I hate clumps, I like a smaller brush that separates and coats each lash and sorta stretches it out as you sweep the brush across--and this doesn't bother my eyes at all. I can't abide waterproof mascara with all the fibers dropping in my eyes, but this one lasts ALL day and removes well with eye makeup remover :) It's not waterproof, but wears very well :)

I LOVE this, and most of the time can get this at drugstores for buy one get one half off--so I stock up and store away :)
YAY!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

Generally, I like this mascara.
On my lashes I find it lenghtening, but not volumising. It separates my lashes well, and doesn't really ever clump, which I like.
When I first bought it and started using it, the formula was VERY RUNNY, which on the one hand was great because it was really easy to evenly and nicely coat my lashes and they looked really black but natural (I have the black cap one btw). But on the other hand, God forbid you blinked AT ALL the first good minute or two after applying it, or you'd end up with smdged mascara everywhere!!! It is really easy to swipe off though, and I do find it's the easiest mascara to take off in the evening, out of all I've ever tried - which I love. But this also means that it does smudge a bit during the day, initially at least. I do have sensitive eyes and they get runny in the wind though, so maybe that's just on me.
Once you've used it a bit and it gets drier, it doesn't smudge as much, if at all.
As for the lash growth, I've used this for a good 2-3 months now and haven't noticed any improvement, but my lashes do seem healthier. I think though this is not because of the mscara itself, but because it's so easy to take off so my lashes don't fall as I remove my makeup, which means they grow for longer.
This is about 9 here in the UK. Would I repurchase? Not sure, because the fact that it's so runny and smudges so easily does really annoy me.

EDIT: Just repurchased this - I'd missed having a mascara with such a light formulation. I guess I'll just have to wait till it gets a tiny bit drier!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by preslejen

I LOVE this product. For all of you who don't believe a mascara can increase lash number or length, you are completely wrong. I wish I had taken before and after pictures, because the difference was jaw dropping. The first couple weeks of using this product slowly transformed my lashes.Even without wearing mascara there was a noticeable difference.

After a couple of weeks it stopped working ( but honestly if it had continued working my eyelashes would have just looked ridiculous). But the mascara works really well after the lash growing effect has worn off. I swipe this on, slightly wiggling the wand back and forth and twirling upward. After they dry I use the tweezerman lash comb, combing first with the comb facing down and then comb the lashes up. To be honest, if I didn't comb my lashes it probably wouldn't look very good, because without combing this mascara tends to clump.

The process takes a good amount of time. I mean, I can't just swipe this on and go. The extra time doesn't bother me though, the extra work is definitely worth it. I am a lash perfectionist, I need long lashes with zero clumps and zero gaps which is almost impossible to get without some work.

I have not noticed any flaking during the day. However, when I comb little flakes of mascara come off, so I just grab a fluffy brush and wipe them away. Maybe the combing gets off any flakes that would fall off during the day? but I obviously don't know for sure.

I curl at the base and halfway down my lashes with a shu uemura curler, and I have not noticed my lashes losing any curl because of this mascara.

I have gone through about 4 tubes of this. Definitely my HG mascara, I am sure that as long as they make this I am going to keep going back to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by knsanta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product because i see a growth difference. I naturally have very thick long eyelashes (i know i know, dont hate) but this product actaully made them thicker. When putting it on, i use two coats and boom, my lashes look fake. I have to admit that this mascara doesn't have the same affect on my sister's lashes, and she has very thin lashes. I believe this product is good on people with naturally thick lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Destiniezepeda

Saw this mascara on a YouTube video and had to get it. I ordered it on drugstore.com for $8 which is a bargain for the quality. I have used numerous high end mascaras which do not compare to this one. My lashes are pretty long by themselves so I look for added volume and darkness mostly in a mascara. This mascara adds both beautifully plus gives me some added length. This mascara in carbon black is a staple in my makeup regimen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara to me was mediocre. When used on its own, it didn't lengthen my lashes or give it an attractive appearance. It claimed to contain biotin and I've used it for a month for my lashes to grow. My lashes are still the same length they always were. I give it a 3 because it's a very rich black mascara and you can pile it on with other mascaras to give you the look you want to achieve. But, I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Nnail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Greep Cap: I first tried the version with the green cap and, after a little work with another mascara brush to remove the excess and clumps, and sometimes a pin to separate lashes stuck together, this mascara did a good job at lengthening. Did my lashes grow? Not that I could notice.

Black Cap: After running out of the green cap version, I tried the black cap thinking it was the same forumula, just a different top. Not so much. Clumps. Spider lashes. Too much work.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by leesaw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This mascara was pretty good, in my opinion. It did a good deal of lengthening and it didn't clump. I actually DID see lash growth going on. I used the product for around 2 months (But not diligently. I missed a day here and there, sometimes consecutive days). Nonetheless, I saw growth. Big high five to that.

Two bummers: (1) This mascara can't hold a curl. (2) A lot of flakiness.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by sunny08

This my first mascara from Rimmel and after using it (or attempting to use) for three months I have to say it wasn't that good. The mascara itself wasn't bad it was mostly because it didn't work with my lashes. My lashes are really thick so this mascara being very watery only made them drop when I curled them as if I wasn't wearing any mascara. It does not hold the curl. The only positive thing I must say about this mascara is that it gives a nice length so if you are looking for a lengthing mascara this is really good.