October 25, 2014 | 1323 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by LorettaBellxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is AMAZING! I have oily skin, and by the end of the day, my make up still looks wonderful! If your considering buying it, don't hesitate! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by ChloeJayne

This is by far, one of my top two foundations! I have always used MAC Studio Fix Fluid (NC20) but lately I'v found that it's really been slipping off my face and wearing off in certain areas so I done some research, read lots of reviews & decided to buy the Pro Longwear (NC20) & all I can say is WOW! I honestly don't feel it to be as heavy as the Studio Fix Fluid and the coverage is absolutely fantastic! I like a full coverage foundation to cover some redness & freckles that I have on my cheecks and this does the job perfectly! it doesn't cake on the skin and the finish looks so natural. As far as long-wearing, this is honestly the best foundation I'v ever had! Usually I apply my foundation (Studio Fix Fluid) at around 7am, just before college and by time I get home (around 3/4) my foundation would be barely visible!!!! But with Pro Longwear, my skin looks absolutely flawless after 10 hours!! When used in conjunction with the Pro Longwear concealer, the skin just looks even more flawless! Cannot recommend this foundation enough! Honestly didn't expect to love it this much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

This is a really good long-wearing foundation. It does not dry my skin out as much as Estee Lauder Double Wear, but seems just as longwearing and sweat/humidity/water resistant. It has broad spectrum spf10.

I wear it in the color NC15, which is a very fair, warm-neutral shade - maybe just a touch more yellow than pink, so it leans just slightly to the warm side of neutral. It is creamy and blends easily into my skin using just my fingers. It has never oxidized on me, and the color stays true all day.

I get more compliments on my skin when I wear this foundation than any other foundation, ever. Whenever I wear this I have people complimenting me on my "beautiful skin" ..... which is funny because it's not my skin, it's this foundation - it makes skin look smooth, even and glowy. I use Shiseido loose powder on top to set, and extra oil-control powder just on my t-zone .... and this makeup will last hours before I have to blot or touch up. Really good stuff!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I so hate writing negative reviews, but I just don't like this product. I was looking for an alternative to the original Colorstay and this is vey similar, but just doesn't work for me.

For reference, the SA recommended NW20, which was when I was in Vegas last year and I had gotten a bit of sun. Right now I'm probably more NW15, but NW20 is definitely doable. But this foundation shade confuses me. For one thing, I thought the entire idea of the NW/NC concept is to balance your undertones so you would be more neutral; in other words, I thought NW20 would be more neutral/golden to override any redness. But it's actually very pink! I've tried this in all sorts of light but it's just PINK. I thought I was crazy until I swatched it next to almost every liquid foundation I have: Revlon CS Whipped in Nude; ELF Flawless Finish in both Sand & Porcelain; and Pur Minerals Flawless Finish in Light. Pro Longwear was noticeably MUCH pinker than all of them. Is my understanding of MAC's system wrong? Or did I get the only pink bottle of NW20? If I'm wrong, please tell me!

That said, it's not the most unflattering tone. But oh no...it oxidizes. Badly. If I take a cotton pad to my face it comes right off and looks mauve, or rose. Some crazy dark shade of pink. I have combination skin, but now in the winter it barely gets oily. And yet I'm the color of a flamingo.

And then there's the coverage: medium at best, after layering it. The finish is actually nice, and is matte but very natural. Only it does look a cakey. I'm literally holding a mirror 3 feet away from my face and I see "makeup". And does it control oil? No. Not at all. It's winter here, about 15 degrees, and all I did today was pick up a coffee, stop at the pet store, and wander around Target and when I got home my foundation was annihilated. GONE.

So I'm happy for you if this works, and it obviously works for a lot of people; don't let me rain on your parade. But wow, I'm usually pretty easy to please in the foundation department (witness the number of foundations I have and use regularly above) and this was an utter FAIL. Sorry, guys :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by HotPinkLips101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My #1 foundation, i always biy different ones thinking I'll find something better but I always go back to this one, it's full.coverage, im oily so no matter what i always get shiny, but i don't get cakey, i set it with MAC loose mineral powder, and when i get shiny a few hours later i take care of it with prep and prime

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Niki726

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this at the MAC shop at Macy's. It dries super quick so you gotta put it on fast. But if you need to go over any areas you missed or need to touch up, it will cake. The coverage is great, but I like to take my time when putting on foundation and you just can't do it with this because it dries so fast. Studio fix fluid works best for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by A1214

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite foundation! I have oily skin and prior to using the Pro Longwear found that every other foundation I tried would slide off my face by the afternoon, even with a primer and powder. I don't wear a lot of makeup and I find that I can vary how much coverage I get with this product, which I love. During the day I can use a little to cover problematic areas, or add a bit more during the evening when I want more coverage. It literally lasts all day until I take it off at night and I don't set it with powder or need to do powder touch ups throughout the day. If you have oily skin and have problems with getting your makeup to stay, try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by katrina02

I've been a huge fan of MAC foundations and this one is probably my favourite one. It has a medium to buildable coverage, has a natural/matt finish and it lasts until you decide to take it off! There are some great foundations out there by different brands, they look and smell beautiful apply like a dream but simply don't LAST!!!!!! What is the point of applying great foundation if it won't stay on your face? This foundation lasts forever. I apply it with my Sigma F82 Round Kabuki brush.

I can see some people mentioning that it is hard to blend and it can look patchy, sorry ladies but it's because you are doing it wrong! You need to make sure you exfoliate your face often and moisture your face well when using these types of foundations. It will make a world of difference in the way your foundation applies and looks, trust me. It will sink into your skin rather than sit on top of it and blending will be a breeze. If you want a heavier coverage make sure you apply it in thin layers not all at once. I like medium coverage and I can definitely get it from one thin layer as you only need to use a tiny bit of this product.

I probably wouldn't recommend it for people with very dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

That's it, I've found it. My holy grail foundation. I've gone through ELDD, Maybelline liquid mousse and matte mouse, all of MAC studio fix line, avon line, covergirl 3 in 1, revlon colorstay, MUFE HD and Mat+...you name it, I have it and have only been "'satisfied." Until NOW.

For reference, I'm NC15 (pale with major redness, acne, dry patches and horrible greasiness at the same time) with hazel eyes and an overall light complexion with no yellow. Usually MAC oxidizes on me, but this color is the best match I've ever found in the pro longwear version only (studio fix's NC15 is darker for some reason...) Anyways, I apply with a beauty blender and WOW. Pores, gone. Acne, hidden. Matte and natural and beautifully set even without powder. I don't even need primer, ladies, the name is true to its word. It LASTS ALL DAY. I havent needed to touch up in 3 days, and my face usually only stays on for 4 hours max before dripping off from my excess oil. No sticking to my dryness (except a tinyyy bit over my lip, my toughest skin in winter months) which a spray quickly fixed. Utter perfection. No breakouts or problems, just loveliness.

42 bucks Canadian with tax...expensive, but not insanely. It also comes with a pump (MAJOR BONUS!) And MAC lets you return for 30 days if you're not completely satisfied. But I am. My search is OVER and I've never been so relieved. Will I repurchase?....OF COURSE.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by maddieziegler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation is perfect if you have long and busy days- being a high school student and competitive dancer, I need my foundation to last from 8 in the morning to 9 at night. This foundation lasts throughout, and it also retains its heavy coverage. However, if you like extremely natural looking foundations, this might not be for you- it has a fairly noticeable (not cakey, however) appearance. Keep in mind, it's marketed as a long-lasting foundation- I apply MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural on top to make it look more natural and I've been told multiple times that my skin (not my makeup) looks great :)