December 18, 2014 | 1699 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by sandranicolexx

I like this foundation because it really lasts all day/night. However, i think that it is harder to blend then other foundations and it doesnt go on that smooth. also its a little to heavy for an everyday make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by MissLee83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG Foundation. Goes on smooth, lasts all day. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Kate1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, I have slight dry skin and it blends in to your skin so beautifully and it really does last all day. I work an 11 day and it is the only foundation I have found that really lasts from morning til night. I first purchased it in 2012 and have repurchased numerous times since then :) I would definitely recommend this foundation!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Laurenroseh90

I think that the pro longwear foundation is a touch overrated (and overpriced in AUS!) i much prefer the studio fix liquid foundation. I only really use heavier foundations for special nights out when im also using fake tan so i wear the NC30 which is perfect in the studio fix, however in the pro longwear range it seems a lot more yellowy and darker and doesn't glide onto the skin nicely either. I don't find that the staying power is a great deal superior to other foundation products from MAC either. Also this product tends to really set into fine lines around the eyes, making them stand out! I end up seeing wrinkles i didn't even know i had!
Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

There are far better long wearing foundations (e.g. Smashbox Studio Skin) that don't appear so 1 dimensional on the skin. I found Pro Longwear runs way too yellow (NC42) and looks too flat even after mixing it with a bit of illuminator. It's simply 'boring'. There's no glow, no warmth..

I will give it points for not settling into lines and for staying put for most of the day but still, it's a fail from me..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Hlp92

I love this foundation it's my go to foundation for a night out . It's staying power is the best I've tried . U have to blend very quick as it dries quickly.it gives u an amazing look for photos although it a Matte finish it still looks like u have a healthy glow .also does not look cakey !

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by emlovable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because I have never tried a MAC foundation. I gotta say, this foundation has amazing staying power. The only problem I had was that the colour selection was small (that's why I gave it 4 lippies). I am an nc42 - nc44, so I purchased nc42 (nc44 was not an option), the colour was a little off, but once it oxidized it looked a bit more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by clpds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for about two months and so far I think it's pretty good match for my skin; NC 42. One pump dispenses the perfect amount for my entire face.

My skin is pretty clear, so I think this might be too much coverage for it even though it's a medium coverage. However, it covers up my dark spots nicely though it feels a bit heavy at times. (When applied with a foundation brush.)

When I apply it with a stippling brush, it doesn't feel as a heavy so that's much better! I have not broken out so I'm very, very hapy about that.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by pattsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not too fond of leaving negative reviews, but this product was such a disappointment for me.

I'll start out by saying I got matched with the wrong shade, NW20, when I'm more NW10-15. When I had it applied in the store it looked great under the lights, and I was in a rush to get a new foundation, so I bought it straight away. As soon as my face hit natural light I realised it wasn't the right one for me. (However, I felt way too awkward to take it back straight away, and I knew I'd bought it in the lightest shade they had available at the time in Australia.) This isn't why I marked it down though.

On me this foundation settles into every little crevice on my face and I end up looking so much older! At first I thought it was because it was matte, but since then I have tried dozens of other matte foundations and nothing leaves my skin looking this old! It also doesn't seem to last long, no matter what primer I wear or don't wear. It gets very patchy by the end of the day, and I don't have the time for touch-ups or reapplications.

Another problem that I found was that it was very pink. Like, extremely pink. It looks ridiculous! And then it oxidises so fast!

Perhaps I just bought a bad bottle, because most of the people I know absolutely rave about this product. I really just can't get it to work though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by beapua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What made me buy this in the first place was the low SPF content. I hate how liquid foundations higher than SPF 10 make my face look ghastly white in photos.

Coverage is great only when I prime my face before applying it. I once forgot to apply primer before putting on foundation, and baaam, my pores look more visible. But once I apply primer, my face looks just heavenly! My face is poreless, flawless and all the -less adjectives I could think of lol!

Three pumps of this product is enough for the entire face and neck. That one layer lasts all day long! All I have to do is just reapply a layer of translucent loose powder after more or less 6 hours to mattify my face.

I also love how MAC has a lot of shades. I have acidic skin so my shade is NC 15 [one shade lighter than my actual skin tone], which just looks perfect 30 minutes after applying it.

Been using this product for the last 5 months and I never broke out. Love love love this foundation!