September 2, 2014 | 1521 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by csjones85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so disappionted with this concealer. I watched several youtube videos before buying to ensure it worked well and get ideas for appyling. I tried applying with my fingers, seven different brushes, and two different style sponges. No matter what, my blue-ish undereye circles were still very visible. This product also looked dry and cakey about 30 minutes after applying. It did crease. I am not a make-up novice and tried many different techniques to apply this but it simply didn't work at all for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by McCarthyx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Favorite concealer I've ever tried! I put this on top of revlon whipped foundation and it looks flawless. I apply this with my fingers to certain areas and stipple it into the skin and it covers everything. It lasts all day and doesn't budge or cake. The price isn't bad for such a good concealer and it is high end. The color range is wide so you should be able to find something that matches. Only complaint is the pump dispenses too much product. The MUA at Mac gave me a little jar to pump the concealer into so I don't waste any which is a great idea and saves me product. Great concealer for my oily skin, gives medium coverage alone but full coverage on top of my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by MaggieHelena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

super great coverage!! dries to perfection on top of foundation. I tried using this as a "foundation" because a yt guru uses it as that and when I tried it, it looked horrid lol. but it looks great over foundation and set w powder. the smell reeks! yuck. but it goes away once applied to the face :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Can't believe I've waited so long to buy this. I'm actually using this as both concealer and foundation. Over my face I mix it with MAC Strobe, and under the eyes I mix it with MAC Fast Response. This helps with the issue of two much product coming out. This is also working as an e/s base just as well as anything else I've tried.

It wears all day and looks very natural as long as I don't over do it. I generally don't need a powder with this but will powder later in the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by svsv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

MAC Pro Longwear is hands down the best concealer I have ever used and one of the few products I keep on repurchasing.

Originally I bought this concealer when I had terrible acne. And when I say terrible I really mean it. My skin was really oily back then and no concealer I tried would stay good looking through the day. I'm not saying this was a miracle maker, but it was definitely a lot better than anything else. It's also the only concealer I find that gave me full coverage back then. However, you do need to put on two or more layers before the coverage is flawless. I never really cared that much, so I've just always gone with one layer as it's good enough for me.t

I have now gotten rid of my acne with Accutane, but I still have some persistent scars I want to cover up. My skin type has gone through a drastic change because of the medication, and is now quite dry which means I had to change up a lot of the products I used to use. This concealer, however, has stuck with me for the whole time. I used it during Accutane and I'm still using it on a daily basis!

Only problem with this concealer is that I don't think it works that well under the eyes. It does cover up well and doesn't really crease, but I find that it's a bit drying on that area. Concealers with a more creamy and moisturizing concistency seem to give a better result, at least for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The changes our skin goes through: hormones, weather, season changes...
Every concealer that had worked before was settling into fine lines (Estee Lauder DW, MUFE full cover, MAC studio finish, MAC select cover-up, Amazing, It). I've had this one for many months but wrong shades. Worked out some mixing of the 2 shades I had and finally matched. And By George it's working! Very little settling into fine under eye lines. Now, does the eye shadow primer I use under eye come into play as well - idk, but this is the best look for this woman of a certain age. After a full long day (10+ hours) hardly any creasing and as I always make clear, I am a real woman with a real job. I don't have time for touch ups and fluffing throughout the day. MAC prolongwear concealer holds the line - no pun intended.

Tip: Whatever concealer you're using, don't miss using over an eye shadow primer. This trick could help with staying power and help hold creasing back.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by xodrpickles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I like this concealer a lot, but primarily for under the eyes. It doesn't have a tremendous amount of coverage but it does have quite a bit of pigmentation compared to some other concealers. I like the formula because it rarely ever creases and works wonderfully as a primer/base for my eyeshadows. The packaging sucks because I'm constantly worrying the glass bottle will shatter, so I've left it in the little black box it comes in just as a precaution. The product dispenses too much at a time, but I find use for it or put it into a tiny sample container for later use if need be. Other than that, it's a $25 concealer which lasts forever, so a great investment in my opinion. Doesn't seem to break me out or irritate my skin either, so that's a plus.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am new to concealers, this is my only concealer, does not settle in my lines, goo coverage. A little goes a long way, I recommend pumping the thing carefully because a lot of liquid tend to spiIl. It is lightweight and definitely does not cake under my eyes. I use the Laura mercier concealer, OMG, I saw all my lines being filled with that trash, not a pretty picture. This is a little expensive but it is definitely worth the splurge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i have been through so many concealers lately. Amazing Cosmetics was my HG but my skin has changed as I enter my thirties & I recently noticed it dried out my skin leaving it flaky. I used Benefit Erase paste but had issues with it staying on. So I tried this out and it works great on my slightly dry skin.
Pros:
covers my terrible under eye circles but felt lightweight
doesn't cake up under my eyes
doesn't flake out on my dry skin
stays put all day
helps keep eyeliner put
Cons:
the packaging....
The packaging is the only con for me. i wish it was in a squeeze tube or something because this pump thing is hard to use and it wastes product. I will still buy because....I finally found something that works great for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by CaseyNL

I'm dissapointed that this product didn't worked for me. I was matched a NC15 so I bought that shade. When I applied it in the morning the color was slightly darker then my skin tone but nothing obvious. I used it on my whole face because I wanted to cover my acne and acne scars. After a few hours I looked in the mirror and I was shocked. The color turned VERY dark and I looked terrible. However the product lasted the whole day with good coverage but looked a bit cakey.