October 2, 2014 | 962 users online

Powder - Tarte - Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by spyral

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great finishing powder. It really is the best powder I have found to control my overly oily summer skin. And as things have cooled down, it makes my skin look absolutely flawless and does make may pores appear smaller. I've been using it everyday over the past 9 months and I have hardly put a dent in it, so you get a lot of bang for your buck. I've noticed complaints about the container but it works like mineral powders. While it is closed, turn it upside-down, tap it a few times, and then twist open lid-down. Voila!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by luvsick99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love! Ah-maaa-zing! Total bang for ur buck! A little goes a loooong way. The packaging allows total portion control. AND.. ur counter & everything on it isn't covered in mineral powder.. very nice :) That aside, it works great! I have super oily skin, like Ashley920 below. I blot a few times a day ..not including evenings. I usually just remove my foundation after work...or more blotting & makeup reapplication. That aside, their claims are no joke. It feels super smooth on ur skin & pore size reduction is true. I combine this w/Tarte's mineral compact (fair 02) & more recently their Amazonian Clay TM (04). The TM really helps me cut down on the absolute necessity to blot my skin. It's like the oil will come off if I do blot, but it doesn't feel or look obvious. It seems to absorb it, as it claims. I have oily skin.. all u can do is deal.. there's no prevention. Some things make better, some worse. I definitely recommended trying this to the oiler gals including the mineral compact w/TM underneath. Not sure about drier skins, but I don't find it drying when I 1st apply in am, or otherwise.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a small sized sample of this in the kit from Sephora back in the winter. I put it away, and then decided it would be good to take on vacation since the container is small. Even though I enjoyed the look and feel of this powder, it gave me a ghost like appearance in flash photos. After realizing this, I stopped using it for the rest of my trip. Just beware if you plan on getting your photo taken.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is awesome....thought I would not be able to use a powder again with my aging skin....usually they bring attention to my crepiness and fine lines....this one does not do that....leaves skin soft, smooth, and does not look dry and powdery...use with my Full coverage amazonian clay foundation....lasts all day...like it alot better than MUFE HD....a defintite repurchase for me!

In winter, this does not work for me....brought attention to my dry skin once again, but will use in summer when a bit oilier.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ashley920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

MY HG!!!!!!! For my extremely oily girls out there...This setting powder is FOR YOU!!!! After trying out so many products to help keep my oily face at bay, & to help set my foundation after extremely long work days, I came to the conclusion that there was NOTHING out there to help this grease ball that I have going on on my face. I mean i have the type of skin where after about 2 hours, my face is already shiny and starting to become oily. I literally have to blot my face every 2 hours and "apply" more powder onto my face and by the end of the day, my face is extremely cakey!!! Let alone, I break out because I am applying powder over an oily face! After I apply foundation and was setting it w/ bare minerals MATTE ((which did absolutely nothing for me!!)) it didn't help with keeping the oil at bay, just made my face look more cakey-ish.

FINALLY FED UP with this process...i went into Ulta looking for the Makeup Forever HD powder but then I totally forgot Ulta doesn't sell MUFE. I asked a makeup artist working there if she could suggest something like it and without hesitation, she totally raved about this product and how it has a very flawless application. I was a little hesitant at first because I've never used "Tarte" products, but I figured what the hell..I'll try it!

THIS STUFF IS A LIFESAVER!!!!! I apply my mac prep + prime primer, my revlon color stay foundation, and the Tarte smooth operator finishing powder to help set my foundation and WOW!!!! it makes my face totally matte!! I wish I would have found this product sooner instead of wasting TONS of money on stupid bare minerals or other setting products that did NOTHING for my oily face!! This powder feels amazing on my skin...feels like silk!! Very lightweight and doesn't look cakey AT ALL!!! I worked a 10 hour day and I didn't blot the whole day. When I got home, my forehead was A LITTLE shiny as well as my nose but it wasn't like a total greaseball!!! Obviously, the oils on your face are going to come out eventually, but this stuff totally helps keep the oil at bay A LOT LONGER! I can't believe how awesome this product is!!!

Try this out!!! you will not be dissapointed!!!!

**EDIT 12/21/11**: YUP! Still using this after my foundation to set it! I really do like it! I did notice that just like the MUFE HD Powder, it will leave a "white"cast on your face while taking pictures..but that will not stop me from using this!! :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its ok, I think this works better than MUFE HD powder and ELF HD powder. BUT I cant use this powder over concealer at all because it really makes my undereye looks crepy and crinkly, not a good look. I have two containers on this product (both came in a kit) and I dont know how to finish it since I cant seem to fit it into my routine because with my oily skin this lasts 3 hours max.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't used a face powder since the 80's when I was a teen with super oily skin...I've always been afraid to buy one now because I associate it with chalkiness, settling into lines and removing whatever glow I've got going. I came across the great reviews of this powder and since I still have super oily skin and have always been interested in finding a good finishing powder, I thought I'd try it. I have nothing to compare it to but I do like it a lot. It does all the good things others have said. My forehead is VERY oily and this really helps control that. It is very silky and doesn't look like you have powder on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Lizzieloveslipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Much better than BE Mineral Veil and MUFE HD powder. Does not dry me face out, keeps shine away. I actually like the one hole dispenser so it does not go everywhere. HG finishing powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by KinFaith

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am SO HAPPY with this powder! I went in to Ulta on a mission about a month ago and came out with a gem :) I apply this powder before school at about 6:45 in the morning and when I get home around 5 in the afternoon my face is STILL matte.Now, I am not gonna lie, by 5 p.m. there might be a small amount of shine on my nose..but that IS IT.I dont re-apply at all during the school day either.My face is SUPER oily.A grease pit.But with this I am much more confident with my face, knowing that I dont look nasty and greasy during the day.Love it, it was worth it.It was $28.00 and it has 6 ingredients. :) What's not to love people? Oh, AND it lasts forever.ALSO, i am 14 years old, and have dealt with oily skin since I was about 11.Thankfully as a freshman this year I found this holy grail.Oily ladies, you will soon be matte ones!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Gardenia24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Used to use the BareMinerals Mineral Veil, but found that it could be a little drying or let some oil through during the day. This does just what it says: keeps things balanced and disappears on your skin. Packaging is good; since there is only 1 hole there is less chance of powder explosion :) Just need to squeeze a little to get the right amount out. Love it :)