April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by TroubleMaker21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've always wanted to try a Guerlain foundation, and after reading countless reviews, I decided to try Lingerie de Peau. The beauty consultant at Shoppers Drug Mart used the Rose Clair shade (12), which is a perfect match to my NC20 skin. When she applied it to my skin in the store, she used WAY too much product, and at first I was not impressed at all. It looked heavy. After showering the next morning and applying a light layer, I completely fell in love. I can't stop looking in the mirror and admiring my skin -it looks wonderful!!

This foundation is super light, easy to blend, and gives me light to medium coverage. I'm a little pink in the cheeks, and this evens out my skin tone perfectly. My skin looks so smooth and polished, and feels just as good. It dries down to a semi-matte/satin finish, which imparts a soft amount of 'glow.' It melts into my skin and never looks cakey, thick, heavy or 'off.' It really is like a second skin. I like to set it with my MAC Prep & Prime Transparent Finishing Powder for a truly flawless, poreless (to a degree) look.

My skin is fairly dry, and I don't find this accentuates my dryness whatsoever.

The price is in line with Guerlain -expensive, but worth it if you can afford it. I paid $66 CAD for this. I don't even need to use a full pump, as a little really goes a long way. I like to mix a slight bit of my moisturizer in this for a sheer, luminescent effect. The packaging is sleek, heavy and luxurious. Made out of glass and just feels luxe.

As other posters have mentioned, the shade range is limited. I would encourage anybody who is interested in trying this foundation to obtain a sample and try it out for a few days to see how you like it. I absolutely recommend this; as it's luxurious in every way!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by flyingcolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nice light foundation that evens out my skin without that obvious foundation look. I think this would be great if you already have good skin and you just want to cover up a few minor flaws, but if you're looking for something with full coverage I'd say to try something else. The foundation itself is a runny liquid and you really need very little product for your entire face (I find one pump is enough). It doesn't go cakey when you apply powder on top either. It does settle into my pores a little but I have pores like craters so that happens with just about everything. Primer helps with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by katrinaviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have not bought or worn foundation for several years, but I had to go to an event recently where I would be photographed and spent a lot of time researching a good foundation. I decided to try this one, and was matched with Rose Clair 12. So far I really like this foundation. It seems to blend really easily and seamlessly with my skin (I would say I'm between an NC15 and NC20) and looks flawless when I apply it with a MAC 188 brush over a primer and after I've washed, toned, and moisturized. I find I don't have to use a ton of product and the foundation feels really nice on my face. The main reason I stopped wearing foundation in general is because I found I couldn't find one that wouldn't break out my sensitive skin. Whenever I have worn foundation in the past I would feel a pimple creeping up during the day while I was wearing it. So far, I have worn this four or five times and so far so good. I am really happy with this right now, and hopefully that doesn't change!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by aqsa1

I didnt actually buy this. Over the last 3 years on my hg foundation search iv had a couple of tries of this. Its not like sexy underwear for the face its dirty underwear. It looks tired and haggard on my face. Now the reason for this negative rv is because the other day i was desperate for a foundation and am always willing to spend. But the sa in house of fraser refused to colour match me telling me she had no colour suitable for my skin and id be better off on another counter. How rude. I did gi elsewhere but my pride is wounded. This time i was willing to purchase cos im on a good skin trip and thought id make it work with primer or something. The sa attitude was so off that never will i go to guerlain again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

02 Beige Clair was a good match to my NC15-20 skin. One of the best medium coverage foundations I have used. High quality product and my cons are mostly preference based.

PROS
-Fantastic coverage, yet still natural.
-No oxidation.
-Long lasting.
-Nice light scent.
-Diminishes look of pores.
-Love the look of the bottle and that it has a pump.

CONS
-Seems drying if I wear it too often.
-Not as luminous as a like, has a semi-matte finish.
-Shade 02 Beige Clair is neutral-pink on me. I tend to like a hint of yellow to counteract my slight pinkness.
-Difficult to find stores that carry. I need to test colors for summer!

I am extremely picky concerning foundations and am just discovering what my personal needs and wants are from a good makeup base. Really like this and might repurchase. Would not hesitate to recommend to others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I am a bit of a foundation whore....ok, it's actually a full blown obsession. And I really believe that I have found my HG foundation. Why is this so amazing? A few reasons:

1.) Beautiful coverage (can go w/o a concealer) of my whole face in one pump - it has a satiny, skin-like finish that looks polished but not unnatural, and is light and gorgeous on the face

2.) Does not break me out

3.) Wears for 8+ hours without slipping off my face or fading away - and I have combo to oily skin, so this is a huge +

4.) Elegant, hygienic packaging

5.) Smells divine

Is it pricey? Yes. Is it worth it? Absolutely. Foundation isn't something that I like to skimp on, and with this foundation, I would splurge over and over and over again. I have never found something that has met all of my "requirements" in a foundation - and this one exceeded my expectations. There are only two tiny downsides to this foundation: they don't have an exceptionally broad color range, so it may be difficult to find a match, and the stunning quality of this foundation has made me want to invest heavily in the Guerlain line....great.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by AnnabellaL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this online and then became really nervous after reading the reviews here...I should have checked first, but I'm sort of glad I didn't, because I think they would have frightened me off! This is absolutely my HG foundation. Gorgeous, sheer, a light fragrance and amazing texture. Totally luxurious, I didn't notice any oxidiation, and wore it on a balmy Australian summer day...let's see how it fares on a more intense one though! Another thing that had me worried was comaprisons to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, which was an expensive mistake for me. I bought the Chanel because its so difficult to find a foundation fair enough for my very pale, pink toned skin, and that seemed the best match I could locate. But the Chanel always makes me break out within hours. The Guerlain though is amazing. I barely needed to touch up all day, and although the Rose Clair seemed a little dark, it lightened up and settled in beautifully when I set it with a little Rose Teint Meteorites. My skin looked natural and gorgeous all day, despite the fact that I have combination skin that tends to get oily after lunch. I love this foundation! I know its pricey, but if you can find it a little cheaper online its more than worth it. I paid $54 AUD for this, and when you consider that it's a high end luxury brand and the grocery store brands are all around $30, I think that extra bit is worth it to feel so glamorous!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am, in a word, obsessed with this foundation. Lingerie De Peau is a lightweight, medium coverage foundation with a natural but glowing finish. It has SPF 15, and despite that, photographs beautifully. My skin is normal but clog prone. It can also get a little bit shiny through the t-zone after a long day at work. This foundation lasts all day with no touch-ups. I'm left a teensy bit shiny on the nose and chin, but the foundation never separates. I generally set this with a little Laura Mercier loose mineral powder, and the combo has become my holy grail. The shade selection is a little funky, so make sure to try a sample or have an artist match you. At almost $60 USD, you do
NOT want to be sent home with the wrong shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by aldrinmoore

love all guerlain foundations, para, lingerie and gold.Have gone back to para extreme purly for the staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by illamasquaFreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Okay to explain my responses to rating and would i buy again, my answers only apply during winter. Ladies, this is a WINTER foundation!! Not because of colour or coverage but because the dellicate organic material in this foundation goes white when reacting with salene (sweat) and oxidizes to an oompa loompa orange when in the sun or in a situation of 28 + degrees celcius. I bought this in summer, like the fool i was and it looked flawless when i applied it first in my bathroom, as soon as i stepped outside i checked my compact and almost died!!
After being traumatized i bought it in winter and it stayed fresh with a silky mattified finish. It glides on like lush silk organza flowing over your face, it comes out super runny but sets in 30 seconds. It smells beautiful and the colour range may be limited but is easily blendable due to its light weight and versatile formula. It is deffinately sheer-medium coverage. Dont buy this if you suffer from redness, it wont work.
For further advice on skincare/Application/allergies or anything to do with foundation message me with your questions.
X Angel