October 2, 2014 | 1821 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle and UV Damage Corrector [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Griffin1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Can I seriously rave about this product? You bet I can! Honestly, no other single product has done more for my skin than Repairwear Laser Focus. I know that everyone reacts differently and sees different results, but I am so beyond pleased that this one is a complete HG item for me. I've been applying it twice a day, three drops at a time, for six weeks and my skin has never looked smoother, brighter, more even, and actually healthy.

While I find the fluid a little too liquidy for the dropper, it certainly makes for a clean application and I haven't wasted a drop. It absorbs almost immediately with no burning, itching, redness or breakouts. Nothing! I take it right up to the orbital eye area and have been monitoring the area along with my forehead furrows and darn it if they aren't looking softer. In fact, I've been receiving COMPLIMENTS on my skin! I can't remember the last time that happened.

In short, I can't live without it. I look forward to seeing the long-term results. And trust me, if I had to choose between food and this with my last 50 bucks, I think you know the answer. COMPLIMENTS, folks! It's a winner.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by gunworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i would buy it if i m looking for a good makeup primer because it is extremely high on silicone and it preps the skin for better makeup application.
    did not pay attention to sun spot changes, just thought i would not lash out $ 50 CAD for a mediocre result like this.

GOOD MAKEUP PRIMER

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the whole bottle up plus a jumbo sized sample so I feel I can add a fair review. Only decent and for the price, decent will not cut it. This is NOT a miracle product. It suggested 3-4 drops but I was way more generous w/ my application so I got about 2 months out of the bottle using it 2x a day. A few pluses - It did not burn or irritate my eyes and was gentle on my norm/dry skin. My skin looked temporarily great - smooth, fresh but I almost felt like it acted like a glorified primer vs an effective skin treatment. Definately no effect on my melasma spot. No real long term improvements seen. Can't stand the packaging - applicator is way messy and I don't like exposing the product to air. Bottom line - acts like an expensive glorified primer. There are better products out there. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by oliveland

I received a jumbo sample of this product about a month ago from Sephora. I have very fair skin that is pretty much sensitive to everything. I make a point to avoid using anything that will make my skin more sensitive to the sun. I always use sunscreen and don't use products with retinyl palmitate and the like. Well, Clinique doesn't make it easy to track down the ingredient list and it turns out there's retinyl palmitate in Laser Focus. Of course it could be a coincidence that I've had an increase in the wrinkles around my eyes since I started using Laser Focus, but it could be due to the ingredients. I'm really disappointed in Clinique for not being clear about the ingredient and in Sephora for not providing the list. Be careful with this product if you are fair and have sensitive skin.

UPDATE: I posted this review on Sephora and when I went back to look at it today they'd taken it down. Pretty strange, eh?

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had this product a fair few weeks now. First of all, it's not a miracle product, it hasn't dramatically changed my skin at all really - although to digress for a moment or two, the DDMG and clarifying lotion used daily HAVE really changed my skin which is awesome. I am 26, I have the faint beginnings of a few lines here and there but nothing very concerning currently, I don't use this every day, I use it whenever I feel like I need a boost though. I find this product very moisturising and it gives my skin a very plumped up feeling which is lovely, it's certainly not as siliconey or watery as some of the serums I've tried in the past, I think it's a lovely treat for skin although I really can't say if it actually does much to be honest.
    I find it fairly expensive but I've only rated the price a 3 because of the fact there are cheaper things out there that feel rubbish on my skin and therefore are a complete waste of money, it's a decent serum at a middle range price and I love that you can use it around the eyes as well which means you don't need an extra product.
    The bottle is very irritating to be honest, I love the dropper idea but it exposes the product to air and I've also managed to drip a whole load of the serum down the sides of the bottle before as well, plus the packaging is very cheap and plastic which the dropper somehow makes look worse - Lancome did it right with the dropper bottle, although their serum is hideously priced (but I'm so tempted to try it after this one).

I think overall, this is a lovely product, I'm really liking Cliniques skincare line, I think some products are very much a waste of time (turnaround concentrate) but some are really really nice, and this is one of them. No beauty product is a total miracle, this one isn't by any means, and the older of the reviewers will be much better placed to judge on its anti-ageing claims than me, although I can cross my fingers and hope that slathering this on my face will make me youthful forever! I can wish can't I?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 6:35:00 AM More reviews by jules416

I've been using this for a month and I LOVE it! At first I didn't notice any difference, but it wasn't hurting anything so i kept using it and just over 4 weeks later, my skin looks so much brighter and just nicer. Yesterday, for the first time in years, I really didn't need to wear any foundation. This stuff is amazing and I will be repurchasing it for as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by khyatt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff works - skin appears softer and smoother, and just 'looks' better in general, so much so that my husband noticed even with his bad eyesight. Absorbs quickly, neither greasy nor sticky, extremely gentle (I put it on right up to the lash lines), this is a keeper. Don't find the dropper to be a problem, prefer it to a pump as there is less control and find that I end up with either too much or not enough product that way. Am getting close to the end of bottle one, the Clinique rep told me that optimum results would be seen in 12 weeks, so looking forward to how good it might get.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by KristyEv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is too drying for my skin, I only used it once per day rather than twice and still found it dried my skin out a bit, making my fine lines look worse. I prefer moisturising formulas like Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair (my skin is combination/dry and also doesn't react well to Retinol).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by NordsdtromAddicted

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product. I had some hyperpigmentation on my upper cheeks and nose that had been bothering me, but after one month of using this am & pm under my moisturizer, I can only see one of the spots....the others have completely disappeared! Okay, I have to admit that I've been intermittently using my Baby Quasar as well, but when I started using the Repairwear, I noticed marked improvement.

Some reviews talked about this being sticky. I didn't have that problem and I'm trying to understand how someone else would. My skin is normal to dry, and I apply only a few drops ---quickly, as it absorbs and dries fast--- to my face and under eyes (as instructed).

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the dropper, but it's not a big deal. This product is completely worth it, and I'm happy to have found something that I can actually SEE working!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by angie0914

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry skin with rosacea and I wanted to love this as much as everyone else, but I didn't. It did go on smooth, but made my face sting and made my dry skin even drier and sticky.