November 26, 2014 | 1622 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by sdamare

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love it but meh...it went on soft and smelled great but then did nothing but make my lips feel even more dry than they are. Won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by ariannalynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a package with the cuticle cream from Burt's Bees at Bed Bath & Beyond in the clearance section for $2.50. I like this lip balm, but I don't think it's anything special. It doesn't taste especially great, and it feels just like any other lip balm to me. Burt's Bees is one of the most expensive balms at the drugstore, and I don't think it needs to be. I will use it up, but I doubt I'll be repurchasing this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by PurpleDragonFly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this cause the store didnt have my usual passionfruit lip balm. At first I liked it. The smell is nice. The taste not so good. Its very greasy feeling on my lips. I found that I had to reapply every 20 minutes. I stopped using it after a week. I just pulled it out of my drawer last night and it smelled rotten! I bought it 2 months ago. I have never had a lip balm go bad. I guess it happens.
I tossed it in the trash. I wont be buying this one again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by rararawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this lip balm! It is so smooth on the lips and smells amazing! It doesn't add any sort of funny colour to the lips (which is what I found happened with Burt's Bees regular beeswax balm), just a nice sheen. In fact it is so smooth that it provides enough shine that you could skip the gloss if you were in a hurry and your lips would still look fab. This balm is perfectly moisturizing except for maybe in the dead of winter when I found myself using Vaseline at night to help with the chapping a bit more. I am definitely going to repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Yoonbug

I really wanted to like this lip balm b/c it smells so yummy, but it fell short of my expectations. At first it moisturized pretty well, but I noticed that if I kept it in my pant pocket, the oils would start to separate from the harder butters and it would start to crack a bit, if you know what I mean. I'd put it on my lips and little chunks would sometimes fall off, which was sort of annoying. I'm also pretty sure this wouldn't be moisturizing enough in the middle of winter, but my poor lips need a TON of moisture in the middle of winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by HELL0KiTTYNiNA

WOOOOOOOWWWWWW!! This is AMAZING! I've always liked the original formula of Burt's Bees, but this is by far the best of the best of their lip balms. I've tried all of them and I love this one the most! Dare I say it? This is my first HG product!!! LOVE

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by daram7857

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use Nivea lip balms but this one somehow feels more moisturizing! It isn't thick or creamy, for me it felt more liquidy and thin. The smell is amazing, and the taste is good too. It makes my lips soft and silky so I tend to touch them all the time..;;

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I'm a huge fan of the original peppermint Burt's Bees lip balm, but sometimes I find it a bit waxy and not moisturizing enough. This lip balm with Mango Butter is softer and more moisturizing, even in colder temps. It has a light fruity scent that smells like a blend between mango or pineapple with a little bit of coconut thrown in. Great for people who don't like the minty tingle of the original lip balm. I can't give it the full 5/5 rating though because I need to reapply it more often than the peppermint balm. Overall, I still prefer the original peppermint Burt's Bees balm over this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this! I have the Honey Beeswax and Acai Rejuvenating varieties too and I love them all! Would repurchase over and over!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by confetti13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Organic=BONUS
It definitely makes my lips smooth, I apply it before bed every night.
Since it's organic it can be expensive but it's worth it.
It has no bad tastes, the color of the package is fine, and it's small and portable. PLUS!
Love it<333