October 25, 2014 | 1645 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by kapeluszkaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me just say - I have big pores and it's really a problem. I had really big hopes about this product too. But sadly I have to say that it is no good... :/ My make up looks cakey, the look of my pores don't change at all... Ale sometimes while I was applicating it rolled on me. I thought I took out too much product but it happed often enough. Thanks to god I only had the sample size

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even in my 40s I've still got an oily t zone and a few noticeable pores on my cheeks.

I've just tried this and have to say I was pleased with how easy it is to apply and it blurred the look of the pores, so they weren't so noticeable.

However it doesn't really hold make up in place for very long if you have oily skin and the effect of blurring pores disappears fairly quickly

I think its an expensive price for a somewhat average product

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by kaylayaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very oily skin and silicone products usually make my skin look like grease at the end of the day. Especially in my country, every day is like in summer season and make-up melts off very easily. However, with this, my makeup really lasts longer. I have large pores which this does help to smooth over. It doesn't feel too silicone yet it gives a silky finish. I can use powder foundation directly on top of it without it looking very unnatural and when a bit of this is mixed with my tinted moisturiser during application, I feel it lasts longer too. I only use it on my forehead and inner cheek areas where my larger pores are (it doesn't seem to stay on my nose, too oily ): and so far I didn't get a breakout, and it also doesn't make me feel like my skin can't breathe. I'm speaking for the 7.5ml travel sized product but I will definitely buy the 30ml product when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Luuuna

This primer is only good at making my skin smooth which is great as it makes foundation application that much easier. However,it does not reduce the appearance of my pores at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by emjanetemp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was pretty much an impulse buy for me, first of all this is a really really good primer, it totally filled in my pores, you could barely see them, which I totally loved about this product! But on the downside, it costs almost 30$ Canadian for a very small tube, it lasted me about 2-3 months. Although I really enjoyed it, the price was just too high for me personally for so little product, and I will not be repurchasing this any time soon. I would much rather pay less then half the price for a primer like elfs or NYXs, which also comes with much more product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by londonn21

I really wanted to like this... It accentuates my pores, it makes my skin dry and my makeup looks incredibly cakey. I love the "that gal" primer, but the porefessional is a no from me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by jennibean06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't understand this product. I LOVE Benefit..one of my fav makeup brands but this just didn't work for me. It didn't reduce my pores at all. I did like the consistency and it smelled great but..no. I really wish it would have worked :/

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by starletdust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love love love! Best primer there is! Pores are noticably reduced, skin is smooth and soft and a perfect base for foundation! In the day time I find I only need this and a powder, as it does leave my skin a little more dewy than I like it looking, but is a primer not a cover up keep in mind! You can not really expect a primer to do all the dirty work of a cover up and a healthy skin base, but it certainly does go a long way and is worth every penny

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Currently I only own this is sample size, so I definitely need to get my hands on a full size because I am pretty much in love with it.
I have a love hate relationship with primers, as each one I have owned either high end or low budget have let me down in some way, which is why I tend to steer clear of them, as they seem like a bit of a con. This is why I try to get samples first wherever I can, seeing as the Porefessional is pretty expensive and you don't really want to shell out on something that doesn't work for you.
Personally, I don't suffer from large or open pores, nor do I need oil control so the two main selling points of the product don't really apply to me! However the main function of a primer is to keep the foundation there so it definitely achieves that to me. Some of my friends who have the Porefessional also use it alone, like no foundation over the top, although I don't often do that because it would feel like a little bit of waste.
What I would really compare this to is some of the cheaper 'Miracle Blur' Primers you can get from brands like Garnier and L'Oreal, only its just that bit more expensive and that bit better. It makes my skin look smoothed out, perfected and feel softer. I also find with other primers I've used it tends to make the foundation apply patchy or fall off the face whereas this is a primer for me that actually does what it is intended to do!
Overall, I know this is an expensive product that doesn't exactly work for everyone but I have dry skin and have found it works very well for me, so I guess its just a matter of different products for different people. I will most definitely be looking into getting the full size once I've used my sample, which has actually lasted me quite a while because you don't need a lot as it goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by whereismybucket

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm living in a hot and humid climate so a good primer is a must for me as I've got oily skin. There are so much hype about this product and so many good reviews, however I find this product made me oilier throughout the day and each time I use this product it causes breakouts around my chin for some reason.

This product smoother appearance of pores and fine lines but the effect did not last long.