Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

3.6

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

on 12/3/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My eyelashes are very short and straight and this literally made me look like I had false lashes. I actually had someone ask me something about my fake lashes and I had to tell them they were real. But I also use another mascara underneath the falsies to make sure my lashes don't clump and it gives them even more volume. The product alone is good but pair it with another mascara for extra boost.

on 11/20/2013 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

so many people love this but it didnt do much on my lashes. i found it hard to use. everytime i take it off, some of my lashes fall out.

on 11/19/2013 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm probably on my 3rd or 4th tube of this stuff 'cause it has to be my holy grail mascara. I don't have the longest or thickest lashes in the world, and this mascara fixes that issue. I've also been asked a couple of times if I was wearing false eyelashes when I wear this mascara. I have cried and had tears run down my face while wearing this mascara and not once have I dealt with smudging or black tears. In a nutshell, I love this stuff. Yeah I'll try out other mascaras, but I'll always go back to this one until Maybelline decides to discontinue it. Knock on wood.

on 11/3/2013 10:44:00 AM

Drying. I had to use a primer or my lashes will break. The wand is curved, makes it easier to apply. Just layer it, don't wait because it dries so fast. Does not clump. The worst thing is that it dries up in the tube. Can't last more than a month.

on 11/1/2013 1:50:00 AM

This mascara definitely lives up to its waterproof, long-lasting claims.

It definitely gives volume but it doesn't really help with maintaining a curl.

I won't buy again just because I don't think it's special enough to warrant a repurchase, though I do like this product.

on 10/25/2013 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I bought the waterproof in black drama:
Pros:
-provides decent volume
-very pigmented
-holds curl
-very waterproof
-does not clump if layered on

Cons:
-it smudges badly!! And then you cant clean it off at school because its so waterproof
-does not deliver length

on 10/7/2013 9:01:00 AM

Here's my experience with this mascara, which some might hate, but it's great, and here is why this keeps being the best mascara I've tried to date.
It elongates, gives volume and keeps curl all day long.
I take it off with coconut oil, and it's very easy.
A week ago I've found out why some might hate it.
I got a new one and tossed it in my bag.
Applied it on my way to work, and didn't have my eyelash curler with me, and did it quickly.
And then I hated Maybelline The Falsies waterproof with all my heart.
My lashes got all gunked/clumped together, and stuck straight horizontally
So,
1. the mascara needs to be a bit drier then when you first open it
2. you need to curl your lashes beforehand, and curl them on the base, middle and tips, and do it like there is no tomorrow
3. the curler must suit your eye shape, and the curler-pad should be fairly new
4. do the tips of the lashes first, so it elongates, and then the base, swiping it carefully and maybe cleaning excess off the wand first
5. don't wait too long between coats
When I observe all that, AND TAKE MY TIME, lashes hit eyelids.
If I combine The Falsies waterproof with Essence Stays no Matter What, lashes hit brows and ppl ask if I have false eyelashes on
I only go for that on evenings, for I find too extreme.
I'm not fond of the fuchsia-pink tube, it looks silly to me. I'd prefer a sleek, more simple packaging, but, oh well, it works, you can close it really tightly, and that's what matters.
I'll keep repurchasing and gifting it to friends and relatives (along with a lash curler).

on 10/5/2013 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been my go-to mascara for quite a while now, I keep trying others but in the end I come back to either this or Falsies Flared. It's not perfect, but I have yet to find a mascara that is lol. I personally prefer the non-waterproof kind, because the waterproof stays a little TOO well haha... I spent a weekend out, so didn't get a chance to shower til I came home, it stayed on the whole time. when I got home and showered the mascara finally came off, but I had to use makeup remover AFTER the shower, to make sure it was totally gone! so staying power, yes. The only thing about this brand is if you don't use mascara alot, the tube will probably dry up before you finish it, and it tends to flake a little. But those few things aside, this is my FAVORITE mascara so far. My lashes looks noticeably more dramatic, they might not exactly look "fake" but they look about twice as big as they really are!!! love love love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I didn't expect an actual falsies look, but it did a good job of making my lashes lush and prominent; three coats did me good. Can't say I was a fan of how it could clump, but a good lash comb helps fix that problem. I did like how the applicator was curved so I could get a decent amount of product on the lashes. Waterproof like it says- I was caught by some rain one day and no smudging or running. It runs for $7.50 on drugstore.com but they always have sales there, and I got it for $5.99 at the time, but for the retail price its a very good product with cute packaging, will buy again for sure.

on 10/3/2013 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I picked this and The Rocket WP up at Shoppers Drug Mart with a BOGO coupon when I learned that they either have just stopped stocking my usual Volum' Express The Turbo WP or it has been discontinued. I only picked this one up because of the coupon and it was the mascara I expected to like a lot less out of the two because of the curved brush (just haven't had much luck with them in the past). The brush was a little intimidating at first because of the unusual shape (it's not just curved... it really is "spoon" shaped, like they say) and I really didn't have high expectations. Well, what a pleasant surprise... It actually worked really, really well! It's very black, as the name suggests, and I liked that it was a wetter formula and applied fairly heavy to quickly plump up my long but thin lashes. I usually end up having to apply many coats to get my lashes to really show up, but this only took about two coats (not letting it dry inbetween) to achieve the same effect. I like how you can either use the longer-bristled sides of the brush to separate your lashes after applying, or just keep using the inner side of the "spoon" for more of a doll lash look (the effect I like). The outer side of the tip of the brush also worked especially well on my lower lashes because of the outward curve (less messy). Like most other Volum' Express WP formulas I've tried, it didn't flake or smudge on me throughout the day, and it was easy to remove with Neutrogena's Oil-Free eye makeup remover. This one's a winner in my books!