July 30, 2014 | 1112 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole Fresh Wear

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Yoora

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

when i put on the foundation at the Lancome table in a local macy's. I thought it matched my skin to very well. However after wearing it out multiple times. I realize that is really NOT matte. I like the dewy look but don't get me wrong, I look like i just dipped my face in olive oil. I"ve taken a few pictures with my friends and it was just as bad. it was horrible. I want to say I like it. IT's veyr light weight and evens out my skin but I think the SPF reflects light.

I also wear a high lighter but i've always worn a high lighter and nothing like this ever came out so badly. Even with my Korres rose foundation. +[[[ My first Lancome product and it was a let down.

EDITED:
OKAY So am changed my rating from a 3 to 5. Why? Honestly I don't even remember leaving this review! I think I only posted it probably a week or so using it. I'm not an avid foundation user so my idea of how to use it is very premature.

I began to mix it with my bb cream. I think that helped it a bit.

However on days I don't mix my pasty cool tone bb cream with the lancome product my skin looks fine. I realize that I do have to matte my face and I'd be good. I also learned you need to buff your face, like really buff it with powder, so it doesn't sit on your face like how mine used to sit. I only look washed out reflective white is because the camera uses flash and the glitter like shimmer of the illuminator I own is all over my skin. If I remember correctly I mixed my Clinque highlighter with the Korres foundation (which was heavy compared to this product so that could have been a different)

I am not sure if I am making sense on my review right now but I'm changing my over all rating and the would you buy this again answer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by jadore514

I've repurchased this foundation twice over the summer. It has great coverage yet feels so light on your skin, plus it's easy to smooth on with your fingers. It wasn't necessarily 100% matte like the tube claims...I usually did have to touch up with some powder about half way through the day, but I do have oily skin. Cons are: It's only 24ml and 40$ plus tax in Canada - not a super great value. Also, be careful when opening it, it has a tendency to leak out and waste the product. I haven't repurchased since August because unfortunately they don't make it in a shade light enough for me to wear in fall/winter (when I have no tan whatsoever). If they did, I would probably keep buying it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by oceanview08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first actual foundation... I was looking for something quite light, and there was a GWP at my Lancome counter... So I decided to give this a try. I have dry/combination skin that is fairly sensitive. This foundation works great for me!! It evens out my skin tone without looking like I have foundation on!!! I have had no bad reaction, and do plan on re-purchasing this again!!! I agree that it doesn't really control oil, but that isn't a huge concern for me anyway...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by ibraille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This broke me out in tiny little bumps all over my face. I think it was more irritation than just acne. Too bad because I really liked this foundation. Great for everyday. Nice coverage. Not really oily controlling, but didn't mind it too much. Kinda pricey for amount of product, but not bad for Dept Store makeup. If you have sensitive skin...beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. It has a nice thin texture with plenty of working time, spreads evenly, and has a nice medium coverage with very little fragrance. There is a wide range of shades so I was able to find a good match (Ivoire 4N) and absolutely NO SPARKLES. The finish is not matte, not dewy, sort of satin-which is great for everyday, and when I get shiny after a few hours, I can always use blotting paper and a touch of powder. Rather do that than have a heavy masky foundation on all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because it had very few ingredients and promised to not break me out.

Coverage is very light which is a con for people with acne like me, but it also feels nothing is there, which is good.

When I first put it on my face, it looks amazing. It covers my pores and makes my complexion look flawless, except for the spots on my face. It blends into your face wonderfully, no problems with streaks or color match.

The finish is not completely matte, but natural and slightly glowy.
I don't mind the glowy because matte can look very fake, but sometimes it's glowy in the T-Zone!

After a couple hours, oil does break through. It does not promise the 18 hours of oil free wear, after 4 hours I am an oil slick. It also does not stay on all day. I find that it starts wearing off, especially if you're blotting or someone touches your face.

Also, throughout the day it starts to settle in your pores, highlight your dry areas, and not look as good.

I have been using this for 5 weeks and I have not broke out.

I apply this with Lancome's foundation brush. I put a pea sized amount on my hand, dab the brush in the pea and then pat it on to the area i want to cover first. After patting most of it onto the face I then blend out. This gives a fuller coverage, but only works when you're spot concealing like I do. A pea sized does cover your face though.

I will not buy again because it looks so bad as the day goes on, also the light coverage is too light for my taste. Price is high since you get such a little amount. The foundation is watery and product runs out easily. If not careful you can leak product when opening or squeeze out too much!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by chimichanga

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation after trying several (Sephora gave me samples). I finally decided on this one because I liked how it looked on me (very natural and yet with med to light coverage) and it seemed to wear well.

My opinion one month later:
Nope, it's not for me. I find my face to be very, very shiny within a few hours. The package claims that it lasts 18 hours. Really? Oh, well, not on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by rinehartbl28

I've always been a fan of Lancome products. I was looking for a lighter liquid foundation becuase I don't feel like a need a ton a coverage. I have freckles and I don't mind them showing and I don't want to look cakey or like I've to paint my whole face. I use a stippling brush to apply it to my nose and chin (were I'm usually redder than i like). It gives me a nice light coverages but evens out my redness. Lancome is expensive and maybe I'd be happen with a cheaper product but I'd probably have to buy 10 before I found one I liked as much so why not go to the Lancome counter, try out the product, know I like it. It's probably cheaper in the end.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this yesterday, but I'm loving it! I'll come back with a better review once I've been wearing it longer - but for now...it is awesome!
I am NC20ish in MAC (kind of between NC20-25 depending on the product), and I got this in 2W - which is perfect for my skin! I like that this has SPF18 in it, and I love how liquidy it is - a little goes a long way. This was $32 at Sephora - which is less than my usual ELDW.
I wanted something that was going to give me medium coverage, but not feel and look masky. From my neck-down, I am a perfect NC20, but on my face, I have a lot of red splotchyness, and the yellow in this (and NC20) color evens out the redness and makes everything one color from my neck up.
The coverage this offers is exactly what I was hoping to find - it covers the redness but has a very natural finish that lets your own skin shine through a little. For the record, I also have an oily t-zone, so we'll see how this works through the day. I use MUFE HD primer in 0 (neutral), and mixed the foundation with a pump of my Biore Dual Fusion moisturizer. I then finished this with a dusting of the ELF HD powder. It has a lovely natural look right now and I feel like my face can breathe, but also looks great!

EDIT: after wearing this for about a week, figured out that it dried out my skin. someone on the boards said this has alcohol in it - so that might explain it! I exchanged this for MUFE HD - we'll see how that goes!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by athenaetc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So Heard some great stuff about Lancome Fresh Wear foundation, and OH MY GOODNESS, I just love it!!!! I can not compare it to any other foundation, it is that good! I think this may even be Holy Grail material ladies!

I would consider it pretty high coverage, but it looks super natural. It doesn't streak, even if you TRIED to streak this foundation it wouldn't streak.

It's lightweight, and unlike NARS, I totally forget I'm wearing foundation with the Lancome.
After using Lancome Fresh Wear, I noticed that NARS slips off my skin within a few hours. Compared to Lancome, the NARS is also a little bit sticky. Don't get me wrong, I like NARS, but not as much as I used to.

It's oil free, has a little spf, and lasts a long time. Lancome claims 18hr, but I'd say (for me) 8-10 is more realistic. Which is still pretty impressive!