September 23, 2014 | 2075 users online

Pressed Powders - Hard Candy - Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

great product! i have the oiliest skin imaginable and this really helps! the only bad thing though, and why i gave it 4 lippies instead of 5, is that is makes me paler than i really am, which sucks, but oh well this is a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I Love everything about this powder. Ive Tried alot of powders (MAC, Clinique, Ect.) and this is the best!! it Kept my very oily face Matte for 8+ hours of intense South florida Humidity (i work partially outside). I thought it looked way too white, even for a translucent, but it blended evenly into my NW 20 Skin. The Compact is Cute and the Little Heart Shaped sponge that comes with it is just too adorable!! Very Impressed, for only 8$ at walmart i'll be stocking up!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Caligallola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love everything about this. First of all the packaging is so cute. It seems like a nice large amount of powder then you flip over the compact and there's this secret compartment that has a mirror and cute heart shape sponge for application. Ok so does it work... Yes, it keeps the oilies away. It only comes in one color it seems like it would be too light I am NW25 but, it doesn't make my face ghostly white it just blends into my skin and mattifies it leaving a velvetly shine free face. I am loving it. It is under $10.00 looks like a high end product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Wennifer1

I just discovered this recently and I LOVE IT!! It comes in very light shades and I'm pale so it doesn't affect the color of my foundation, just mattifies it. It also has staying power. It sets my foundation really well. The packaging is very cute, and the powder sponge that comes with it is heart-shaped! Seems as though you get more in the palette too....More product than other containers hold. So you're getting more for your money. I paid 7 dollars for this product and it was well worth it! Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by PinkoCommie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Especially considering the price, this is one of my favorite mattifying powders. I carry it with me throughout my (12 - 16 hr) work day and I continue to look fresh and refreshed.

I have several HE powders/veils/finishes and I just keep coming back to this $8 wonder. It's cheap, travels well, does what it claims to do and looks kind of adorable while doing it.

My other go-to powder runs $25 - $30/compact, so I don't mind paying for a good product, but why pay through the nose for something that can be had on the cheap?

Budget conscious or just looking for something to toss in your travel kit, you can't go wrong with this. It's absolutely translucent, lightweight, feels pretty good and keep the oily shine away: what's not to love?

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I am always on the look out for good setting powders for foundation and powders for touch up through out the day. I'm soooo glad I found this! Not only is it SUPER CUTE, it actually works. The powder does a great job keeping my makeup looking freshly applied. This powder has the quality and packaging of a much more expensive brand for a fraction of the cost. LOVE IT! I will buy this again and again (I actually already bought #2 since I hit the pan on the first one). If I ever heard of Hard Candy discontinuing this, I will go out and buy 10 of these!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by britt151

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder is great stays on helps keep me matte

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Nadira_dancer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never seem to have the time to rate products, but this one by Hard Candy~ I just HAD to make the time for! For anyone looking for a light-weight blotting powder with a bit of pigment to help give more coverage, this is it! First of all, I am very pale with yellow/neutral undertones and usually use MAC's blot powder in light. I saw this one while shopping at a local Walmart (always have to check the makeup isle's for anything new) and saw this one in what appeared to be the perfect shade for my skin. I was afraid to hope, but I went ahead and purchased it since it is inexpensive ($8). I am never going back to MAC! I am so in love and I'm super hard to please. I have tried everything (Lancome, Bare Escentuals, Estee, Glo, Clarins, Origins, l'oreal, etc etc) for a great powder and I found it with this! I have oily skin, breakout prone, rosacea and this is not bothering my skin plus it wears a very long time with minimal touchups and does not change color or get darker! I work in a day spa as well, and am in front of a steamer for hours sometimes, and this still holds up! My clients keep telling me my skin looks so great.. I have since tried their new *Luminizing powder and it does give a slightly ethereal glow~ nice! I wish I could remember the other colors it came in, but I highly recommend it. Oh, the compact is very cute, and has a larger under compartment for a puff or flat brush, although it does come with a heart-shaped sponge (see, cute?). I am going to start buying these 2 or 3 at a time! All the pale girls out there, you've gotta try~ I know you won't be disappointed!

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by murflegirl

I was wasting time at my local Walmart and decided to check out the Hard Candy display. I really want to try all of the new products, but the HC displays in my city have yet to be updated. Except for when I saw that the Welcome Matte and Moon Glow powders were now in the display!! I picked up a Welcome Matte powder. At only around $8, you get a full-size powder that promises you the world. This is a lightweight, mattifying powder that promises to even out skin tone and set foundation. The cute compact includes a mirror (with a cute saying on it) and an adorable heart-shaped sponge. Unfortunately the sponge smells similar to latex gloves or condoms, and I can't seem to get rid of it. I'll probably be throwing the cute sponge away and using this powder exclusively with a brush from now on.
    I applied this to my NW20ish skin using the EcoTools powder brush and I was instantly impressed. On a 90 degree summer day, this powder instantly put my oilies in check and definitely made my skin look more even. What's better is that I didn't have to pack it on with the brush, just a few light sweeps over my oiliest areas and I was good to go. It lasted all day and I am really just overall impressed with the powder. Truly, the only con for me was the stinky latex sponge they included with it. I think I found a must-have item for only $8 and that makes me do a happy dance.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ainabarad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of Hard Candy's new products for Spring/Summer 2010 and is exclusively available at Walmart.com and Walmart stores. It is a setting powder with a matte finish.

This is what Hard Candy's Facebook says about Welcome Matte:

WELCOME MATTE - Roll out the Welcome Matte and foundation will stay all day. A micro-pigmented pressed powder that eliminates unwanted shine, evens the skin and sets foundation for all day wear. Micronized pigments “float” on the skin to even out skin tone. Mirror and sponge included. $8 at Walmart and walmart.com the first week in May!

Here is my opinion (pros and cons) after eagerly purchasing it the second it hit the shelves at my local Walmart for $8 and having used it daily since:

Pros:
    ~ Matte finish which makes it perfect for combating unwanted shine.
    ~ Helps even out skin tone.
    ~ Not cakey in the least. (I LOVE that.)
    ~ Very decent lasting power for a pressed powder (as far as my experience goes), especially when used over primer and/or foundation.
    ~ The compact is ultra cute and comes with a mirror and sponge.
    ~ Soft and silky. Not chalky at all.

Cons:
    ~ Like most powders, you may need to touch up now and then to combat shine. Especially if you get super sweaty. No big deal to me as I fully expected this and never met a facial powder that lasted all day in ultra sweaty situations.
    ~ The sponge is okay for touch ups, but I highly recommend using a kabuki brush instead because kabuki brushes blend more easily and don't apply as much at once.

I adore this powder so much! If I apply it when my skin is an oily mess it blends as easily, evens my skin tone and eliminates shine as much, and makes me look as gorgeous as it does when my skin is dry and fresh and it NEVER looks cakey, which is amazing to me for any powder to achieve so well! To make me love it even more, it seems to last a lot longer than other powders I've tried, even without a primer. FTW!!!

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No