NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 12/31/2013 9:34:00 PM

Love this eyeshadow primer. It kept my eyeshadow on all night and through the morning on New Years. My eyeshadow looked practically new after I woke up in my makeup (I know it's bad to do, but it was New Years haha), with only a tiny bit of intensity lost. I have quite oily lids and this product really helps preventing any movement of eyeshadow that would happen if I didn't use a primer.

For the quality of this product, I really don't mind the price. It's AU$39 but I got it from Sephora through a shipping company for the American price of US$24 (AU$26.85). If I were desperate and couldn't wait to do another order from America, I would possibly spend the full AU$39 - it's that good of a product.

I don't entirely like the packaging, or just NARS packaging in general, because of the matte finish; it makes it super easy to get grubby. It could also be better if it were in a squeeze tube instead so you can get every drop possible. Other than those two things to say, it's not bad packaging.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this primer! I was using the UDPP for years but found my shadows were creasing after 4-6 hours. My eyelids are super oily so I had kind of given up. I figured I would try this stuff and I'm in love. My shadows don't move after a full day of work and going out after work. The texture is very silky and it dries completely clear. It is pricey so I will still use my udpp for shorter days.

on 12/21/2013 2:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Meh.

Without primer, my eyeshadow just disappears slowly. It doesn't crease, just slowly fades.

I bought it after reading Temptalia rave about it for so long and I'm super meh about it. It's nothing special - no extra long lasting eyeshadow power, doesn't give a white base so doesn't make eyeshadow pop more, etc. UD eye primer works much better on my normal eyelids.

on 12/19/2013 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is noticeably better than elf and urban decay. A little goes a long way! This keeps my lid and brow makeup unsmudged and uncreased for the long haul (I work 12 hour shifts). I got the deluxe sample then bought full size right away although the sample looks to last a long time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this primer! I even prefer this one over the Urban Decay primer potion. It's super creamy and blendable.

Check out my tutorial using this.

on 12/13/2013 4:35:00 AM

Tried a few primers including urban decay and that failed on. Really happy that I only have a slight crease after a long hot humid day. This will be my go to eye primer for sure.

on 12/8/2013 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the ONLY primer that I can say works on my super oily lids. I have tried various eye primers, from all different ends of the price spectrum: E.L.F., Urban Decay, Buxom, Lime Crime, and many others. NAR's pro-prime is the ONLY thing that has kept my eyeshadow on for 6+ hours, which is a LONG time for my hooded, oily lids.

I use the applicator to put primer on both my eyes, making sure it's an evenly spread out, and then set it with my face powder before actually applying my eyeshadow. It works like a dream!

I first got this in the sample size that came with NAR's "And God created the woman" palette, but it was such a great product that I went out and bought a full size. It's definitely pricer than I'd like, but since it works, I consider it an investment.

on 12/2/2013 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

So I'm pretty sure this product is made of distilled angel's kisses and unicorn tears. Let me tell you of all the eyeshadow primers that have failed on me prior to this: Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Milani Eyeshadow Primer. Urban Decay Primer Potion. LORAC Behind the Scenes did help my shadow wear-time a little bit--but not much, and it still didn't do anything for cream shadows and gel liner. But this, now...this is the primer I have been searching for. Before this, my Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk would crease on my eyelids after just forty minutes of wear; now it can go for eight hours and still look fresh and perfect. And that's just one example! No eyeshadow ever lasted more than two hours without showing beginning signs of creasing, but now they last up to 10 and still look as fresh as when they were applied.

Some comments about using this: the texture is extremely lightweight and dries down very quickly, unlike any other primer I've tried--the rest all had a slightly greasy texture. Because of this, you do NOT need to worry about using too much! When you put it on you absolutely need to make sure that it covers everywhere that your shadow or liner is going to go--which makes perfect sense if you think about it: how could a primer possibly keep your shadow on a patch of skin that you didn't actually apply the primer to? Err on the side of generosity with this product, since even if you have excess, it'll be easy to blend it into the skin and it'll dry quickly. Also, if you have extremely oily eyelids, it might be helpful to blot with a tissue or something before applying primer--the oil could prevent this primer from adhering and working like it's supposed to.

I could not possibly be happier with this product. I have never been able to wear eyeshadow before this, and now I actually can! It's a whole new world of colors and looks to explore, and I can only do it thanks to this primer. I will repurchase this forever and ever. <3

on 12/1/2013 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am very grateful to the lady I swapped with, who included the full size and some mini's which I have given to my sister (makeup novice). I have used Nar's products on/off over many years, I fell for the sleek packaging and the beautiful array of shades to suit all skin tones. The prices can be a little off putting and for an eye primer this is most certainly true, had I paid for the item this would have caused me GREAT upset. I do not have over oily lids, mine are not bone dry but normal and yet this product failed to help my eyeshadows to stay on. I used it with Yaby eyeshadow, Shu cream shadow and other brands and it did nothing! So I will not be forking out for this one : )

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I personally think that this eye primer works the same as TFSI and UD. I see no difference in creasing after several hours. Dont waste your time on this product. To me my eye shadow continues to crease after few hrs. so I am gonna just buy the cheapest. I think its TFSI. anyway mine will still last another 1.5 yr min so I am returning the nars eye primer.

Top Rated NARS Products