August 22, 2014 | 1925 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This eye primer didn't do anything. It didn't make my eyeshadows last any longer than not using anything. I returned it because it was a waste of a step.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by caithni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sorry I just don't see what all the fuss is about and why this product gets so many good reviews. Terrible, useless, and expensive! :( I did give it a good try, used different products around my eyes first, or none, let it dry, didnt let it dry. No, everything smudged, in some cases seemed to smudge worse than usual - grrrrrrr! It also made my eyes water all day. I threw it away. I thought the packaging was rubbish too, even if I had of liked it - what is with the whole wand thing? Doesnt make any sense. Have also tried Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance and that didnt work for me either . Am going to try Stila Prime Pot and see how that goes ....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by thebeautyfountain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! Best product i've bought in a long time. My eyelids tend to get very oily but now with this stuff my eyeshadow stays put & doesn't crease ever! Love love love this I can't believe I barely found out about this at 29 years old lol

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I had read such great reviews regarding this primer and since I love all the other NARS products I've purchased, so I decided to give it a try. I didn't think that it was anything too special upon application, nothing better than UDPP or TFEI, which are my 2 faves. Shortly after applying, my vision became blurred and the more I blinked the worse it got. I had just put in a new pair of contacts so I knew they were not scratched. I just went to my vanity sink and took the contacts out and cleaned them and reinserted, no big deal. This next morning I was more careful when applying and blending across my eyelid gently but after a few minutes the same thing happened but this time I had already started applying eye makeup. Repeated same procedure but this time I had to reapply what eye shadow I had already put on since the excess solution ran when I blinked the first few times. This situation repeated itself every morning I used the NARS Pro-Prime for eyes. So this morning I used my UDPP and had no issues whatsoever. There is definitely something in this formula that doesn't seem to want to set up on my eyelids but rather wants to travel around every time I blink, etc and makes its way into my eye and smears across my contacts etc and trust me it doesn't just come off with a couple of blinks and eye rubs. I have to take the contacts out and thoroughly clean with solution to get this stuff off. It forms a gelatinous oily smudge on my contacts.

The formulation felt smooth and was easy for me to gently blend across my eyelids but I don't have that much extra time in my morning routine to jack around with removing and cleaning my contacts to accommodate the use of this product. This will work beautifully for someone who doesn't wear contacts or have oily eyelids, etc. I also noticed that later in the day my eyelids would start itching a bit and I just thought seasonal allergies were acting up, but today I had no issue when using UDPP so I think this was drying to the skin on my eyelids.

Anyway, it's going back to Sephora...thank goodness they love me since I spend a small fortune there and @ Ulta on a very regular basis and I always save the boxes/packaging and my receipts so returns are NEVER questioned or hassled.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I was familiar with the positive reviews for this product so when I received a deluxe-sized sample of this primer I was excited to try it. Unfortunately, my excitement was very short-lived. My issue is not so much with the primer's formula itself, as it worked pretty decently on my fairly oily eyelids (but absolutely no better than Urban Decay or Too Faced's primers - in fact, I found it more drying and difficult to use when blending shadows). Rather, I had an even bigger problem with the packaging in combination with the formula. The doe foot applicator made this thick primer very difficult to apply with any precision, resulting in a sticky mess. I am happy to see that so many others like this product but for me it simply does not work.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by jamface17

My eyelids get very oily so a primer is crucial for when I wear most eye products. Eyeshadow and pencil liner smudges and creases on me like crazy. This base works absolute wonders though! I'll smooth this around each eye, apply however much eye makeup and about 6 hrs later my eye makeup is still there! When I close my eyes and look in the mirror, there's barely any crease line and eyeshadow hasn't smudged. For during the day when I'm just wearing a little eyeshadow or maybe some eyeliner, I really don't need that much. However, I tend to apply a bit more at night when I'm wearing more makeup just as insurance ; ).

I'm not bothered by the doe-foot applicator and apply it directly on my eyes. I guess the bad thing though is I won't be able to see how much product is left in the tube. It'll also be tricky to get all the product out from the sides. The texture is really nice, it's light and blends out smoothly.

This is the first eyeshadow base I've ever tried so I have nothing to compare it to. However, this product works so well on me that I don't feel like I'd want to try anything else. I've already repurchased another one for when I run out!

I'd say my only gripe is the price. It's on the pricier side at $39 here in Australia. Since I don't wear eye makeup very often, it seems worth it to me as I don't get through it very quickly. I definitely recommend this eyeshadow base to anyone else with oily lids, this has worked amazingly for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fabulous product. Way better than Urban Decay's primer, it can hold the worst eyeshadows in place. Also, it will suit all skintones as it goes on transparent and won't produce white streaks as long as it is blended in properly. I have this awful cream Majolica Majorca (Japanese drugstore brand) eyeshadow that creases and fades in literally minutes without primer..I put it over UDPP and it disappeared into thin air within the hour.

Today I tried using the cream eyeshadow again under Nars primer. I was pretty shocked that the cream eyeshadow didn't disappear..I walked through a rainstorm and got wet and all but the eyeshadow was still there....looking the same as how I applied it hours ago. Amazing! Eyeshadows also go on more vibrant with this primer. Sometimes, after a very very long day at work (more than 12 hours) i will notice a very slight creasing at the inner corner of my eye. However, I also have the same problem but worse with UDPP so I guess it's something to do with my eye shape. (hooded lids?)

The only thing I dislike about it is the white sponge tipped applicator. I like to put foundation on my eyelids to even up my skintone before applying primer and yup..my foundation stains the applicator. Otherwise, the applicator is pretty useful as the tip can be used to apply primer under my eyes so that I can apply eyeshadow there too. This is really awesome stuff..everyone should try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

My new favorite eye primer. I had used UDPP for years, until a few days ago when I decided to pick this up. This primer is NOT sticky, doesn't crease on me, and really keeps my shadows in place. If I am wearing a full face of makeup, I also like to put this on the sides of my mouth to prevent my foundation/powder from creasing. Absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by mkb1225

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Only good things to say about this product! One swipe per lid is all you need for all day, crease-proof shadow wear. Really light-weight, blends quickly and invisibly onto the lid, unlike Urban Decay Primer Potion. Have repurchased and will continue doing so.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by emma1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

WOW. in my top ten products of all time!!!!

without this for me there is no point in wearing eyeshadow as it will disappear or become an oily slick.

one swipe of this on each eye lightly mattifies it and leaves a smooth base to layer any eyeshadow or cream shadow on, which always looks perfect now!!

cant reccomend enough basically!