October 25, 2014 | 1826 users online

Cleansers - Yes To Carrots - Yes To Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I use these towelettes to remove makeup or freshen up throughout the day. My skin can be sensitive sometimes, but I have not had any problems using these. I rather like the scent and find that the towelette does a good job of removing makeup (even mascara). I prefer these towelettes to the Yes to Blueberries ones, as those sting my face a little bit.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ouch! These towelettes have absolutely wrecked my skin. My skin is dry but not exceptionally sensitive. Nevertheless, I get burned, red, and splotchy areas every single time I use this product. My face stings and feels tight. I don't know how anyone can use these - they're absolutely terrible! Maybe certain skin types react well to them, but mine certainly doesn't!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by evyyhl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Based on the previous reviews, you skin can either tolerate or hate this cleansing towelette. Unfortunately, my skin HATES this towelette and does NOT react well to it!!

I try to find alternatives to DHC cleansing oil for my skin since I got major cystic acne breakout from DHC cleansing oil!! This cleansing towelette does NOT remove my waterproof makeup well. It burns my face like hell & I cannot use any cleanser to wash my face after I use this towelette. It irritates my face so much that my face stays red and swollen after an hour!! I try to make my skin get use to it because I don't want to waste money and throw the whole package (I bought the VALUE SIZE) of towelette away. I use this product for 1 month and my skin still does not tolerate it at all (stays red & irritated every time I use it).

I have to toss the Yes to Cucumber cleansing towelettes into the trash after 1 month!! I can't use this product at all. If you have sensitive skin, I would think twice before trying this. Just because it works for someone else with sensitive skin, it doesn't mean that the same product will work for your skin. I think if you REALLY want to try it and you have sensitive skin, start with a travel size one before you buy the full size.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by BXsenorita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this pretty much as my "too lazy to wash my face" regimen before I go sleep at night. I wouldn't say it completely takes off your makeup but does a good job for being a wipe. I like the clean smell & way it leaves my skin feeling. I do get a little bit of a tingly sensation from it (guessing it's the anti acne part). The price isn't too bad either about $6. The packaging is good too and has a little slip inside over the product so they don't get dried out. Going to sleep with makeup on is terrible so if I'm too tired and at least wipe my face with one, I won't feel so guilty and my skin thanks me :]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by bellasera973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I do have to agree with other reviewers, these towelettes do sting your face... but they don't sting my eyes. My eyes are incredibly sensitive, and I can't use most makeup removers on them. With these towelettes, I can rub-rub-rub them and they don't bother them at all. But my checks/nose/chin feel tight and burning after using these. They haven't caused me any breakouts, so I keep buying them. *shrugs* Oh, as far as the smell, they smell like, well... cucumbers. So it's not a strong perfume or anything, it's just a fresh/clean cucumber scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Smalls244

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews because I love this product and I have very sensitive skin.

This product was an impulse buy for me so I didn't read the reviews until after the fact. I was nervous to try it due to all the negative reviews about it causing major irritation. I have rosacea so I have to be careful about what I use on my face. I tried it anyway and to my surprise I had no reaction whatsoever. In fact, I loved the way it felt on my skin.

The towelette is much softer than the Neutrogena ones I've previously used. I don't love the cucumber smell but I also don't hate it. It removes my makeup about as much as I expect a towelette to and it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or sticky. I also haven't had any problems with breakouts.

I only use the towelettes when I'm too tired/lazy/drunk to wash my face at night which is usually about twice a week.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

it suppose to be gentle but i couldnt get pass the strong fragrance. so no thanks. other than that, great wipes for the price. the burts bee white ones are better, no fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Kaitj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm very sad to report that I did not like this product. I was super excited to purchase it and try it the packaging is nicer than most (I kept the sticky thing under the plastic flap on to keep the towelettes moist) and its all natural claims! As other people have reported this product stings, I agree. I have used this product now for 3 days and I won't be using it again in fear it will continue to cause breakouts. As for removing makeup I give it a 3, it took off my foundation but not my eye makeup (I don't use makeup wipes to remove makeup and then reapply I use them before bed so it wasn't a huge deal to me). If you plan on buying this product I would suggest using the neutrogena makeup remover wipes (pending you're not putting makeup on afterwards). Also keep in mind I DON'T have sensitive skin and this product still stung and caused breakouts! This product has so much potential I really hope they can fix the flaws!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

"Yes to Cucumbers" makeup-removing towelettes are not all that bad except when it comes to the eye area. They don't do a good job removing eye makeup, particularly mascara, and rubbing harder only creates a stinging sensation and transient redness of the sensitive eye area. They smell good and work acceptably if you go over the face about three times with a very light touch.

I purchased a small packet for travel but probably would not repurchase for regular use, which is disappointing because I am drawn to the appeal of more natural ingredients that this brand offers. I prefer the Equate (Walmart) brand exfoliating makeup-removing wipes with green tea and cucumber, which I previously reviewed here on MUA.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by madelonism

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It seems like we can all agree this product HURTS. it makes my face inflamed and red for an hour. does its job, but has nasty side effects. will not repurchase. ever.