April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Make Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot I have it in the lightest shade - fresh alabaster, and it's a decent match for my pale skin.
The good:
It lasts better than any other foundation I've tried, and looks more natural than a lot of others I have tried (Mac studio fix, Estee Laujder DW) My skin seems less oily during the day and this has excellent staying powder. It has not broken me out.

The Bad:
The packaging is good in that you don't have to stick your fingers in it, which is something I hate, however it's annoying that you can't get all the product out (I cut mine open when it was "empty" and had days worth of foundation still in there).

I took one star off because it's quite expensive for a fairly small bottle. I would (and have) rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by JCM123

I have to say that I took the plunge with this one despite all the negative reviews it has gotten and I am very glad I went ahead. My skin recently started to go a bit crazy and every single foundation I tried ranging from cheap drugstore to 50 + splurges was not helping.

This foundation has made quite a noticeable difference to my skin. No longer do I take my foundation off at the end of the day to find that new pimples are emerging, but gradually over time and with a steady cleansing regimen my skin is starting to go back to normal.

I bought this in shade 03 as I have somewhat of a tan at the moment and as we are heading into summer hope that this will continue (you just never know if a tan will stay in London though), and it has matched my skin very well. I do find that at the end of the day I have a slight 'shine' on my t-zone but nothing over the top, besides I am not a fan of the 'matte' look.

I will say that this foundation is not really medium to full coverage, but quite a light coverage. You definitely have to use concealer to cover any larger/noticeable blemishes and I do set problem oilier areas with powder.

I have been using this for just over two weeks now and I am quite pleased. Initially I found that this accentuated any dry patches I had where I had been spot treating pimples with my clindamycin treatment, but as the spots have disappered this isnt so much of an issue.

I definitely think that this foundation is contributing significantly to the reduction is blackheads and blemishes on my face, rather than necessarily treating ones I already had. However, using this in conjunction with a decent skincare regimen things are looking clearer day by day.

EDIT: Still very much using this. I have since tried rotating a few other products into my rotation (other foundations) and just find that I end up breaking out a bit from them, which doesn't happen at all with this stuff! I find that it can look a bit cakey if I am a bit heavy handed with it and I like a more luminous finish which this lacks. I have found the perfect balance by mixing a small drop of my Jan Marini Antioxidant Daily Face Protectand into a small amount of the foundation really helps not only to improve the staying power, but also give a more soft luminous finish without giving me pimples! Hurrah! :) This is a keeper for me for sure!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by channelfloral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For me the coverage is so not moderate to full like Clinique claim.
It takes away the initial redness like any other foundation but from there on I don't get any extra coverage.

I've got 01 Fresh Alabastor and it's so so orange on me! Why is the fairest shade so dark?!

The only good thing is the packagaing. I know it's not a lovely glass bottle with a pump but this is the next best thing for me, what a dream, Just squeeze out what you want. I suppose for people who really care it can be cut open and scrape out the last bits so you get your moneys worth, but I've only used it a few times and I won't be again.

LC

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by amcg90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Being unlucky with skin, quite oily and uneven texture/large pores i decided to look around for a more expensive foundation that would last longer and not go cakey. Browsing in Boots led me to the Clinique counter where one of the assistants asked me what i was looking for, after a brief evaluation i was given the choice between this one and the superbalanced foundation.

I chose Anti-Blemish Solutions because of the feel, i liked that it had a bit more 'run' to it and spred evenly on my hand when testing it, i was matched with "04 Fresh Vanilla" which is a shade darker than my skin tone, which i always do with foundations.

The smell isn't off-putting, like i said it has a 'run' to it, so to me it spreads more with ease than a thicker foundation would. I tried applying with a brush and with a sponge, generally sponge does go on easier for me. Once applied it evens out my skin tone and makes my pores less noticible, i do have a little shine but i expected that.

Once set with a matte powder it looks good! happy with the results... at least for a few hours. I know that foundations may 'slip' throughout the day, but this one just rips it. as the day goes on im shiney and it comes completely away from my chin and my cheeks, revealing my pores and uneven skin tone, which then i reapply... but after i reapply, where the new foundation meets the old it cakes and goes darker.

I'm not impressed with the staying power of this foundation which makes me unhappy as generally it is a great foundation, but once again let down by my oily skin. I would recommend this foundation to people who arent oily skinned (skin type 3 in cliniques 3step system) as i am.

So im back on a hunt for a foundation that will at least coexist with my skin!

xo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 7:01:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this foundation is the best choice for oily skins out there even if you have ridiculously oily skin this one is a keeper. Has great coverage medium to almost full and sets matte . Also contains some great ingredients such as salicylic acid so this one covers but at the same time will help you a little bit combat break outs .The texture is quite liquidy but its not watery has almost a creamy/mouse feeling. I personally wouldnt buy it again only because my skin is not that oily and i dont quite enjoy matte finish foundations since my skin is reasonably dry . The coverage is quite high and gives a lovely velvety finish that lasts all day Keep in mind that this one is a quite thick high coverage foundation so if you are into this whole natural looking make up then this one isnt for you. For my experience oily/ problematic skin is usually thicker and also has slightly uneven texture so you definitely need a higher coverage foundation to balance these issues out and this foundation offers that .As I said this foundation is perfect for oily and very oily skins others stay away from it

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by hannahdlc

I had a really bad breakout after trying a new foundation, which I then replaced with this. The lady at the Clinique counter recommended it to me because of the breakout and because I am generally acne prone. When I put the foundation on the next day, it looked so bad that I ended up crying and considering cancelling my plans. It didn't cover anything, looked horribly cakey and chalky and accentuated any dry patches, even though I put plenty of moisturiser underneath.

After a few hours' wear, it did look less cakey but I think this was only due to oil developing, as a result of the foundation drying out my skin. I tried it again this morning and got the same cakey results so I went straight back to the shop and returned it!

The name of this foundation is really appealing as I was fooled into thinking it would actually cover and help heal my acne, but as my skin isn't particularly oily, it looked hideous on me and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by galielishav

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

HORRIBLE. THICK, TERRIBLE, ORANGE AND CAKEY!!! WORSTE BUY EVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by wonderfulJ

The reviews that are poor on here only reflect that this product is NOT RIGHT for the review-ers skin type.

This IS a fantastic solution to acne-prone skin.
This is undeniably the best foundation I have ever used for my combination (type 2) skin that is very acne prone around the chin area (hormonal acne) and occasionally on the jawline and forehead.

The tester I tried (in both 01 and 02) was so good and started to clear up my pimples almost instantly, as such I was extremely impressed (and desperate to clear up my skin) I went and bought the full size the very next day.

As an acne sufferer (with moderate, sometimes severe acne around the chin area) for years, I can assure anyone out there reading this, that this has been the single best thing I have tried in clearning up my acne - second only to proper skin care routine (i.e. cleansing properly and good exfoliation).

I am dead serious...anyone with stubborn acne they need to rid of NOW , buy this. It is worth the price.
I have found this to be more effective at clearing up my acne than even DIET. And I am a huge advocate for a balanced diet.

I hope this was helpful to anyone considering purchasing.
Please ask for a sample to determine whether it is suitable for your skin, where possible. And always moisturise well (with a moisturiser suitable for acne prone skin) before applying any foundation, especially this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by lovejessa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I went into Clinique to buy a light powder foundation and somehow got talked into buying this. I use the anti blemish solutions 3-step, its great, so I thought I would try this, I mean its specially formulated for acne prone skin, so it wouldn't break you out, right? Wrong. I used this once, and my forehead broke out in about 8 huge pimples, over the course of the week after I used it. I hadn't got a pimple like that on my forehead for over 6 weeks, so it has to be this stuff. I read some reviews on here that said it broke them out, too but I didn't listen, so if you have/ have had acne, buy any foundation other than this, its actually crap.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by kedery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

13/03/2012 Estee lauder double wear is better, thats why i have given it 4 stars in stead of 5.....I love this foundation, i heve it in color 02 and matches perfect. I am using this now for a week and my blemishes are better on my chin! Its very good blendable. I use a foundation brush of the body shop or my clinique's. my face looks fawless!!!
on top i use the Mattify! cosmetics loose powder ultra and my skin has never been so beautiful.
I have oily/comb skin with blemishes on chin. They are much better now.

A while ago i did a review on make up forever matte foundation but i like the clinique more! The MUFE was visible in my pores and oxidized after a few hours. It was then the best foundation i have used but now im in love with the clinique!