August 22, 2014 | 1418 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Make Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by xBeautyQueenx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Shade- Ivory 02. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! I have oily skin which due to hormones, has recently been prone to breakouts around my jaw area. Personally, I'd say the anti-blemish aspect of this foundation is an added bonus, I would continue to buy this foundation just for the fantastic flawless finish and good oil control. I have been using this for about 4-5 months now, and only started on my second bottle two weeks ago, so it may seem pricey, but it does last, and it is sooo worth the money anyway. I have tried do many different foundations, from cheap makeup brands like Revlon Colorstay, to Estee Lauder double wear foundation, to Bare Escentuals mineral makeup. And I have to say, this is by far the best. As I have oily skin, I set with pressed powder and have to occasionally blot with powder or Clean & Clear blotting papers throughout the day. But hardly ever. The foundation has quite a matte finish but without looking dull, chalky and cakey. I love the coverage, it has quite high coverage but doesn't look like a mask. I also think it does help to reduce blemishes and helps to heal them quicker that the average foundation. It certainly hadn't broken me out, and doesn't irritate my skin, or worsen spots. The only thing I dislike about this is the packaging. Although I guess it is hygienic, I feel you can see how much product is left, and don't think you can get the last bit out of the bottle. However, I would definitely recommend! I LOVE IT!!! x

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by digital242

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation looked great at first when the Clinique counter assistant applied it but I found it to be a whole other story when I attempted application myself. I found it to be quite cakey & you have to be very fast at blending otherwise it looks really awful. Clearly there's a trick to it that I just haven't mastered.
I also found this foundation to oxidise & take an orangey tinge after a few hours of wear which is never a good look.
Good news is that it doesn't exascerbate my acne at all & despite the application issues I have, it isn't the worst foundation I've ever used. Sure won't be buying it again though

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by femfatale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first tried a sample it turned out really nice and made my skin glow and look really flawless. The colour tone was a abit off but it still looked good. Once I bought it it didnt look as good as when I first was using the sample. In fact the colour when applied to some parts of the face sometimes brought on a grayish/black tinge which i FOUND REALLY STRANGE! How ever I did not brake out at all and it does look good sometimes .. I wouldnt buy it again I just don't get why the sample which I used for days looked better in colouring then when I acually bought the bottle?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Paolita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought that this foundation could be my ''solution'' for my acne prone sensitive skin!This product not only improoved my acne as it claims but it break me out very badly. Except pimples all over my face,it completely burnt my skin!!! After only one use it dried my skin(I have very oily skin),it transformed it into a fireplace!!All I could feel was a burning sensation accompagnied with a red canvas on my mirror! I used the colour 1 Alabaster which was ideal for my skin colour although it does get a bit orange-y after a few hours..Of course it ended up in garbage since here in Greece there is no return policy if the product has already been used.. WARNING: If you have sensitive skin,prone to redness,eczema etc don't use it!! No need to say,I won't repurchase!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using Clinique products for a long time, mainly because of my acne-prone and sensitive skin. I used to use the Blemish Solutions/ Acne-Control Powder which was amazing (!) but they stopped carrying that so i decided to try the foundation version.
To be entirely honest I don't think this really does much for my skin, although on the plus side, it doesn't break me out like other foundations do. The color is quite a good fit for me, although I find it difficult generally to be happy with my foundation color. Also you don't need to set this with powder, because it dries VERY quickly after application, so you will need to work over you face in sections.
The coverage is quite good, and it is a bit drying so you should use an oil-free moisturiser after removing it. However, I don't feel it wears very well. At the end of the day I can hardly tell I wore foundation in the morning. As a result I am now trying a different foundation from Clinique (superfit, so far, so good).

However, i do like wearing it over the summer, mixing it with some tinted moisturiser, because i do feel it sort of protects my skin from breaking out, but this way it is lighter for hotter temperature.

hope this helps!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Ratiocinative

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this foundation last summer after a recommendation from the woman at the Clinique counter. I am prone to spots so took this over the regular super fit foundation I was used to getting. The foundation itself was an absolute pain to apply, it was sticky/thick and no matter what I used (be it a brush, my fingers, a sponge) it came out streaky, regardless of how much blending I did. It simply looked terrible due to it coming out cakey, not to mention dry, and did very little to hide my blemishes. In addition, I can't say it did much to prevent spots either, it didn't cause any, but neither had my previous foundations. I usually adore Clinique and have tried many foundations in my time, but this has been by far the worst.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot I have it in the lightest shade - fresh alabaster, and it's a decent match for my pale skin.
The good:
It lasts better than any other foundation I've tried, and looks more natural than a lot of others I have tried (Mac studio fix, Estee Laujder DW) My skin seems less oily during the day and this has excellent staying powder. It has not broken me out.

The Bad:
The packaging is good in that you don't have to stick your fingers in it, which is something I hate, however it's annoying that you can't get all the product out (I cut mine open when it was "empty" and had days worth of foundation still in there).

I took one star off because it's quite expensive for a fairly small bottle. I would (and have) rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by JCM123

I have to say that I took the plunge with this one despite all the negative reviews it has gotten and I am very glad I went ahead. My skin recently started to go a bit crazy and every single foundation I tried ranging from cheap drugstore to £50 + splurges was not helping.

This foundation has made quite a noticeable difference to my skin. No longer do I take my foundation off at the end of the day to find that new pimples are emerging, but gradually over time and with a steady cleansing regimen my skin is starting to go back to normal.

I bought this in shade 03 as I have somewhat of a tan at the moment and as we are heading into summer hope that this will continue (you just never know if a tan will stay in London though), and it has matched my skin very well. I do find that at the end of the day I have a slight 'shine' on my t-zone but nothing over the top, besides I am not a fan of the 'matte' look.

I will say that this foundation is not really medium to full coverage, but quite a light coverage. You definitely have to use concealer to cover any larger/noticeable blemishes and I do set problem oilier areas with powder.

I have been using this for just over two weeks now and I am quite pleased. Initially I found that this accentuated any dry patches I had where I had been spot treating pimples with my clindamycin treatment, but as the spots have disappered this isnt so much of an issue.

I definitely think that this foundation is contributing significantly to the reduction is blackheads and blemishes on my face, rather than necessarily treating ones I already had. However, using this in conjunction with a decent skincare regimen things are looking clearer day by day.

EDIT: Still very much using this. I have since tried rotating a few other products into my rotation (other foundations) and just find that I end up breaking out a bit from them, which doesn't happen at all with this stuff! I find that it can look a bit cakey if I am a bit heavy handed with it and I like a more luminous finish which this lacks. I have found the perfect balance by mixing a small drop of my Jan Marini Antioxidant Daily Face Protectand into a small amount of the foundation really helps not only to improve the staying power, but also give a more soft luminous finish without giving me pimples! Hurrah! :) This is a keeper for me for sure!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by channelfloral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For me the coverage is so not moderate to full like Clinique claim.
It takes away the initial redness like any other foundation but from there on I don't get any extra coverage.

I've got 01 Fresh Alabastor and it's so so orange on me! Why is the fairest shade so dark?!

The only good thing is the packagaing. I know it's not a lovely glass bottle with a pump but this is the next best thing for me, what a dream, Just squeeze out what you want. I suppose for people who really care it can be cut open and scrape out the last bits so you get your moneys worth, but I've only used it a few times and I won't be again.

LC

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by amcg90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Being unlucky with skin, quite oily and uneven texture/large pores i decided to look around for a more expensive foundation that would last longer and not go cakey. Browsing in Boots led me to the Clinique counter where one of the assistants asked me what i was looking for, after a brief evaluation i was given the choice between this one and the superbalanced foundation.

I chose Anti-Blemish Solutions because of the feel, i liked that it had a bit more 'run' to it and spred evenly on my hand when testing it, i was matched with "04 Fresh Vanilla" which is a shade darker than my skin tone, which i always do with foundations.

The smell isn't off-putting, like i said it has a 'run' to it, so to me it spreads more with ease than a thicker foundation would. I tried applying with a brush and with a sponge, generally sponge does go on easier for me. Once applied it evens out my skin tone and makes my pores less noticible, i do have a little shine but i expected that.

Once set with a matte powder it looks good! happy with the results... at least for a few hours. I know that foundations may 'slip' throughout the day, but this one just rips it. as the day goes on im shiney and it comes completely away from my chin and my cheeks, revealing my pores and uneven skin tone, which then i reapply... but after i reapply, where the new foundation meets the old it cakes and goes darker.

I'm not impressed with the staying power of this foundation which makes me unhappy as generally it is a great foundation, but once again let down by my oily skin. I would recommend this foundation to people who arent oily skinned (skin type 3 in cliniques 3step system) as i am.

So im back on a hunt for a foundation that will at least coexist with my skin!

xo