July 28, 2014 | 1742 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Mascara with Lash Boosting Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by XomakeupjunkyXo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara was just okay. I didn't see a dramatic improvement in the amount of eyelashes I have. I also think the mascara flaked and faded after like 3 hours. It gave okay length and volume, but it still doesn't compare to l'oreal beauty tubes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by makeitadouble

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Been using for just 2 weeks and already notice my lashes are fuller an healthier. I like the serum and the mascara too. Will continue to re-purchase. Try it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Adriana_C

I got this product for free as a BzzAgent, so of course I really wanted to like it. I even took "before" pictures so that I could compare the results. The only problem is that my eyes are somewhat sensitive, and they would always feel irritated after waking up the next day. I used it for about a week before deciding it wasn't worth it. I wouldn't discourage others from trying it, and I'm glad it worked for many of you. The price seems reasonable if it works.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll72485

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved the lash boosting serum part of this (sold separately or in a "system), but the mascara part did nothing for me. I don't understand why you're supposed to use the serum if the base layer is supposed to contain serum already. Also, this actually straightened out my lashes after I'd already curled then and doesn't lenghten well at all. I got both this and the lash serum for free to try from bzz agent, but I would not purchase this again even though I will get more of the serum.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is perfectly fine mascara - nothing special but certainly not bad. The primer does work well - for me, anyway - and it's nice to have the mascara and the primer all together. I would buy again if I had to but I am on an endless search for the perfect mascara so I never buy any mascara twice. This one is OK - but I am still hunting!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really tried to like this mascara/serum combo, but found that it did absolutely nothing for me. I consider it a waste of money.
I will go back to using Maybelline Define-A-Lash, which works wonderfully at lengthening and thickening my lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by krisrj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this product free to try from Bzz Agent, a word of mouth marketing company. I had high hopes since I've tried many mascaras, and I always come back to L'Oreal.
First you apply the white primer, then the black topcoat. Both applicator wands are rather long, so be careful not to poke your eye while coating the lashes near the outside corner of your eyes. I had to comb through my lashes after every coat, and made sure that each coat did not dry before applying the next. If you like 2-part mascaras, then this may work better for you, but I found it quite time consuming, due in part to all the combing.
I've had a lot of problems with clumping - can't apply 2 coats of the black part. However, after applying only one coat of the black mascara, it is sometimes not enough to cover the primer, so you can see the white peeking through. If I rub my eye during the day, or even when I comb through my lashes, the mascara flakes off easily, leaving black flecks on my cheeks.
I was really determined to make this work, so I tried applying the topcoat over the primer once it had dried, but that was even worse I had more clumping, and some lashes were stuck together and resembled spider legs. I have used the mascara for 6 weeks, and the topcoat is either slightly dried out in the tube, or almost used up. I added a little water to the topcoat wand, and found that the mascara went on much better once it had thinned out due to the water. However, my rating is based on the mascara as-is - no water added.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the Boosting primer & mascara duo. First and foremost, I LOVE the serum that L'oreal made. I did a separate review on that one, btw. There's a few things I like and dislike about this certain product. My dislike is the white primer that came with it. I have been trying to work with it for 3 weeks now and it does nothing, but leave my lashes clumpy and flaky after putting on the mascara. It also leaves some white spots where I try to fill them w/ the mascara, but end up with bad clumps. I've even tried to wipe the wand before putting it on, but no luck. Maybe it's just me, but I'm going to stick to the regular clear serum. Okay, now for the "like" part..the mascara...Oh, that mascara!! You're going to think I'm a weirdo, but I've never in my life bought a L'oreal mascara. Man, oh, man, am I in love with this thing. I think it's the brush or formula, maybe both that makes my lashes look full. It holds curls really well. I would like to just buy the mascara alone, but I'm not sure which tube it comes in. It doesn't specify the name of it. They have so many of them I'm not sure which one to get. If anyone knows which formula and tube it comes in PLEASE email me. I really want to get it. The white primer is horrible and I would hate to waste my money on a duo for just one product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by sgamble777

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this item in the mail during my Bzzagent campaign. Before using this product my lashes were already full, thick, and overall great. After using this product, I immediately experienced lash fallout and after about a week of using the serum, my eyes started to get this burning, itchy feeling.
The mascara primer is hit or miss it seems. From my own experience it was a major miss. I tried putting the mascara on right away, I tried letting it dry, I tried putting on a lot, and I tried putting on a very tiny amount. Each time, It left me with really bad clumps and it still wouldn't cover all the primer with mascara when I used a very small amount.
So after the serum and primer were both a major fail for me, I tried using just the macara. It made my many lashes look like I had about 5 lashes total. It still clumped so so bad. I even tried brushing them apart but they ended up flaking all over the place.
And don't even get me started on price...what were they thinking? Glad mine was free cause it went into the trash.
Obviously, YMMV, but ime and from a lot of posts on the campaign forums, few saw improvements from the serum(the ones that were able to continue using it, some experienced the burning as well) and the mascara/primer...well, there is much much better out there then this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I have been using this lash "system" for about three weeks now - applying the serum every night before going to bed. I have noticed a significant difference in the number of and length of my eyelashes. Just prior to this I was experimenting with false eyelashes and found out the hard way that I am allergic to lash glue. Quite a few of my eyelashes came out as I worked my way back from some badly swollen eyes so I thought it might be time to try something that might actually be beneficial for my lashes, hence the purchase of this product. Also, nothing will make you more willing to use a lash product every day than having NO lashes. Anyway - I do recommend this product - especially the serum. The mascara duo (mascara & primer) are better than I expected although I do add a layer of MUFE mascara as my final coat. Try this if your lashes need some help - for the price, its surprisingly effective!