July 25, 2014 | 1462 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jenniealicel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After trying the sample, I wanted the full bottle of this concentrate. I'm not entirely sold on the packaging--the push-dropper may or may not be wasting product when I use it. I read reviews that people have found it is too greasy & doesn't sink into their skin. I'm finding that when I first apply (I use about three to four drops on nose, cheeks, forehead and work down my neck) I do look a bit greasy, but it eventually sinks in. The results are worth it--I look much better in the morning when I first wake up, and I'm hoping after continued use it will only get better.
I've paired this with their dark spot serum in the a.m. and I think it's a powerful duo. I'm almost out of the Avocado eye creme sample and am considering making a purchase of this as well. Trying to be good to my skin going into fall and winter as this is always my absolute worst time of year.
Will update if any significant improvements or changes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by yummytofu

This is awful , caused my skin to peel and become more irritated! It also causes clogged pores and exasperates fine lines !:(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Paula Begoun gives Midnight Recovery Concentrate one of her scathing reviews because she says that the fragrant oils - lavender, coriander and rosemary - are irritants. Her reviews are based on her assessment of the ingredient lists, not actual experience. Negative reviews on MUA do not seem to be based on MRC being irritating, mainly just that the product has little or no effect. I agree. I have moderately sensitive skin and have had no irritation from MRC. It has a silky texture and a light but relaxing and gorgeous fragrance. Perhaps any positive effect this product has is because it sends people off into a pleasant sleep! Every night as I apply it I wonder to myself should I scrape together the money to replace my sample with a full bottle. In the morning my skin looks much the same as it always has, and so I think 'Nah ... save ya money ...'.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So I finally realized that I was using this product all wrong before. I was 1) applying it OVER my night cream and 2) Using wayyy more than 2 drops for my face. I didn't get any results (except breakouts) and forgot about it on my counter. Then I found out you're supposed to use it on bare, cleansed skin (duh) under a moisturizer and I cut down to using 3 small drops all over my face. I push 3 little drops on the back of my hand, dot them all around my face, and then smooth them in. Night cream on top. I now see a noticeable difference in my skin in the morning - it's very soft, smooth, and looks hydrated. Kind of comparable to how my skin looks after using a cream with retinol in it. This is not a miracle product for me, but it's worth purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I consider this a godsend for my skin! Right now, Im 6 months pregnant and have been experiencing terrible cystic breakouts along my jawline. With my daughter and before this baby my skin was like glass...smooth and clear, but now my lil baby boy decided to reek havoc on it and I was feeling very depressed. I literally had to change every piece of my skincare and NOTHING was helping, at all. Based off reviews of you lovely ladies here on MUA I decided to go out and purchase the 1oz of this product almost a month ago. I have been using it every night every since. I love the feel and the smell of this product. It smell very clear and makes your skin feel very soft. This is a product that less is more. If you use too much not only will you get greasy, but you will be wasting product. No more than two small drops are needed. You can apply this to dry, clean skin or even mix in with your moisturizer if you feel like its too greasy to apply straight to your skin. I personally don't mind the feeling of the oil and it's always soaked in by morning, but if you are someone with a more oily skin, you may want to mix this with your moisturizer to cut that feeling out. This contains a long list of essential oils-Primerose, Lavender, Jojoba, Rosemary, and Squalane...just to name a few. Yes, you could purchase all of the essential oils cheaper, but Squalane is an expensive ingreadent and there are about 10 other oils in here so it would get expensive. I also figure that this product, like most skincare products is about balance. Some oils if you use too much can break out or irritate the skin, so I would rather trust in a preformulated, balanced product. This for me has been truely worth the money. I am not longer experiencing cyst, and I have only had a few small whiteheads which have cleared up rather easily. I will take a small whitehead that goes away in a day over a cyst which scars and takes weeks to heal anyday! I hope this contiunes to work for me after the baby as well..I don't want to have to go through skincare changes ALL over again! lol Please, do give this a try though if you're considering it. It may be as great for you as it has been for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this, but it didnīt work out for me. So, I decided to rewrite my shorter original review, to be more precise about the product.
I read the reviews and wrote to Kiehls germany for a sample. They were so kind and send me 2 samples.
Being really exited, I tried it immediately the following evening.
After I cleansed my face, I put the serum on my skin, went to bed. The serum is runny and has no colour and just a light smell, maybe from the oils. It didnīt really sink in my skin and was more like a film on top of my skin.
When I woke up, I saw no difference.
I tried it again the next night and I put even more serum on my face. Again, a weird film on my skin and no result.
I felt like it was not nourishing enough for my skin and my skin felt drier and dehydrated after use. Which is strange, because it should be nourishing and hydrating. Miracle anyone?
To be honest, it didnīt do any damage to my skin. No redness, itching, blotching or breakouts.
But on the other side, no positive effects either.
The effect of glowing and nice skin simply lacked totally.
I simply hadnīt had any effect, that other reviewers raved about. No hydration, no supple skin, no glow, nothing.
I was hughely disappointed and I will not buy the full size.
Needless to say, that I figured out, that this was just not the right compostion of oils and essential oils for my skin.
And I really know, how my skin looks like when an overnight treatment works, for example with Weleda wild rose oil capsules.
I suggest to try and get a sample first, because the serum is not exactly cheap.
Although there are many people, who love this serum and get fabulous results, I can truly say, that it didnīt work for my skin at all.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by coolkidfight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for 1 month. At first I did not notice any effect on my skin. However, I started to get compliments which I don't normally get before I started using MRC. It seems that my skin has more glow now and the texture has improved a lot. I used to have a lot of bumps, but now I can honestly say that most of the bumps are gone. The moisturizing effect is also good. Sometimes, I use it alone. Sometimes, I use it under a moisturizer (Kiehl's Abyssine cream plus+ or Kiehl's ultra facial cream). I also follow the application method recommended by Kiehl's. I use 2-3 drops, rub my hands together and pat the product on my face. I also pat this on my neck and nape.

However, I need to mention two constraints which are the price and the packaging. This is quite expensive in my country as compared to the US price on the website. But with the amount of product to be used per night which is 2-3drops, a bottle can last a long time. As for the packaging, using a dropper is hygienic but it might be hard to get the remaining drops of the product.

Overall, I am happy with this product and will repurchase :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by fcp

I was given a couple testers of this product and I love it! I finally committed to buying a bottle and I'm sure this is going to continue as a necessity in my skincare regime. My skin has been through the ringer! Lots of sun damage, a bout of Accutane for severe cystic acne in my early 20's and some fractional laser skin resurfacing recently for the acne scars has made my previous oily skin quite dry in some places. I no longer have breakouts so luckily the essential oils are not an issue. Living in a big city, I find sometimes by the end of the day my skin is dull and I feel like there are tiny bumps but I put this on overnight and my skin when I wake up is noticeably less irritated and more calm, less bumps, and really smooth. I put this on and put my Kiehl's Ultra Facial cream on top for extra moisture.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bought one at some point last year, I think. Didn't do anything for me.
I seem to be one of those people who can't use lavender on their skin, that was pretty evident to me when I tried the lavender oil from Weleda. Needless to say, I am not going to spend money on this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by pacita

is the best remedy for my sensitive, dry, acne prone skin I've used This for about 9 months. I use it every night and in the morning when I wake up my skin is hydrated and soft, any irritation is gone. I really recomend this!
since I started using this my skin is better every day, now I have no acne.