September 21, 2014 | 1777 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Minted #85

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by lois34

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dont understand the bad reviews or this! I didnt have any problems with it, and love the minty, blue green color it gives off, with a good price too!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Mmmandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had already purchased, but not had a chance to use this polish when I decided to check out the reviews on it here at makeupalley. I have to say, they scared me! I was tempted to take the polish back with out ever trying it, but it was such a gorgeous color, I thought to myself, I didn't have much to lose in a trial.
I will agree that this particular formula is tricky to work with, but if you are patient the results are so worth your work.
I applied 2 - 2 1/2 coats on my nails. The first coat I followed the "three stroke" rule, applying one right down the middle and then one on either side of the nail. Since it was the first coat, I didn't worry about any streaking or uneveness. After allowing my nails to dry about 10 - 15 minutes, I went head and added the second coat, again with the three stroke technique. I allowed some time to dry, about 5 minutes and then covered any streaks or see-through spots with a light touch-up.
Yes, my method was tedious and this polish is definitly not one suited for a quick mani, but the color is so glorious, that I find it worth it!! My results were true the the bottle and I am happy with them. No bubbles, minimal to no streaking. I am so in love with my manicure that I can't stop looking at my nails!
I hope this has maybe encouraged some consumers not to be afraid to try this product, especially if the store you buy it from has a good return or exchange policy.

Happy Primping!
Mandi

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by ka1092

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

After many attempts to figure out how to use this nail polish, I've given up.

I was at the drugstore on a desperate search for a cheap dupe of Jade by Chanel. I saw this in the Revlon Summer 2010 display thing and picked it up.

The color is gorgeous in the bottle. A mint green more on the green side (as opposed to a mint-blue-green). And, if you apply 132480 layers, you do get that color on your nails.

I like the packaging and it's super long brush and handle - which is weird because I also love OPI's short stubblyness.

It's a terrible nail polish otherwise. Here are the methods I've used so far:

1. Base coat, 2 layers of Mint, top coat - super runny, streaky, uneven, I did not like this look at all and took it off a day later.
2. Base coat, 1208092380 (okay fine, I exaggerate - 3) layers of Mint, top coat - even worse. I could peel it off my fingernails because I had so much product on. On the plus side, the nail color was minty perfection.
3. Base coat, 1 layer of Mint, top coat, 1 layer of Mint - only slightly better/less frustrating. Still streaky and runny if you look closely (which I do)

It's become a toe-only polish for me. I put it on my toes because even if it's a little streaky/runny, I can't tell because I don't like looking at my feet. The mint color looks fabulous with even the slightest bit of a tan!

If you are looking for a cheap mint green nail polish and you have about 4 hours you're willing to devote to perfecting it, this is a fine polish.

Overall, as much as it pains me to do this, I have to say that if I could return it now (I've used it way too many times to justify a return) I would. I keep trying it, hoping it'll work - and it disappoints me every time! Bummer. I guess I am still on the hunt for the perfect mint green..

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Candy_Floss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the colour, probably my fave mint color form those Ive seen... But the polish is soo hard to work with, it is hard to apply because it is runny and streaky but if you are determined you can manage to get it look decent. The problem is that I get bubbles anyway, even though I apply very thin coats etc... Not repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm so torn while writing this review. While I absolutely ADORE the color of this polish, thats as far as my love for it goes. And for that, I'm very disappointed. Okay, so the color is a lovely light milky mint green. Its a creme formula, so no glitter, frost, pearl finish, etc. Now for all the downsides... its a beast to work with. I've had some finicky polishes that are difficult, but this is the very worst! I first applied a base coat, two coats of color, then a top coat...allowing each layer to dry in between...or to the point it wouldn't smudge off...not quite to the point where if you tapped you would get a click sound. Somehow I managed to STILL get bubbles through the polish..which absolutely ruins the look. Not only this but nearly 24 hours later it STILL wasn't at the point where it made the nice completely dry tap sound when touched...and I had crease marks and smudges through it (plus the bubbles). I have NEVER had a polish that after nearly 24 hours still seemed gooey in the under layers.... I ended up removing it completely because it was a terrible sight. Next time around I did without a base coat and applied one layer of color (is sort of streaky) and because I didn't want to fight the nondrying layers of color and to hide the streaks, I applied a microglitter silver polish to the top.... we'll see. I'm bummed because the glitter takes away from the beauty in the cool mint color. I may have to cave and buy the SV top coat... so many people who have had problems with this polish said that stuff made it workable... And I do love this color and wish it would work.
Ah, nearly forgot to mention...though others already have...one coat is terrible streak city, two coats is decent, 3 is perfection (If you can ever get to 3 without having a goopy wet mess of bubbles and smudges...) Currently I will NOT repurchase this polish.... not unless I find a miracle worker for it.

UPDATE: I caved and bought the Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat to see if it would be my miracle worker for this polish. I absolutely love the color of this polish and wanted it to work so badly! Well...::insert the sound of angels singing::....it works!!! Now, while I will bump up my rating for this polish a tad, I cannot give it a great review, because the polish alone is still horrible and I stand by my above review. The only reason I can now wear this polish without streaks and bubbles is because of a completely separate great product fixing the problems of this polish...and because of that, I don't think minted is deserving of a rave review....

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by eyeluvmakeup21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a mint green color like this and I found this one at target for $3.89 so I bought it. it is hard to work with since it's a creamy color.. I think all nail polishes that are creamy pastels are hard to work with regardless the brand... I did two coats and a third on some nails to get the exact color with no steaks. let it completely dry.. it can take a while.. but when there done they look great..p.s I didn't use a base or top coat and they still haven't chiped off and I've had it on for 3 days

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I loooooove this color. It's so different and unique but it also doesn't look weird like some nail polish colors can. To me, mint green is kind of a classic/vintage color and it ends up looking pretty and feminine but also trendy. The brush for Revlon nail polishes is definately not the greatest. It's really long and skinny and not very practical, but it's still usable.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by paperskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The formula really isn't the best and it can be hard to work with. I've found that it takes three coats to get it fully opaque. I don't mind having to work with it though, the color is really unique and gorgeous. I only wish it wasn't LE, I'll be sad when this is used up :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

honestly, the formula on this is TERRIBLE, much like if you ever tried to apply a white nail polish? thick, streaky, clumpy...gross. but because the color is SO amazing, it is, in my opinion, completely worth the struggle of application. i got this color after falling in love with essie's mint candy apple, because this color is much more green rather than the more blue based essie color, and softer looking. i haven't seen an exact dupe for it yet, so i had to pick it up. it looks gorgeous on (for reference, i am NC 15 and it complements my skin perfectly, even making me look a bit more tan that usual, which is great) you just have to be careful during application (i did 3 coats) and apply a good topcoat like seche vite (perfect) and it will turn out great.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by BDefined

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

the color is gorgeous and very trendy. but i think revlon's formula in general is a total "miss". i had to apply 3 coats of the polish to achieve opacity, which requires a lot of time and patience. the nail drying spray i use regularly seemed to all of sudden not work for this polish. i will try the essie version next, and then chanel if i can find it because i love the color and its one i would wear all year