October 30, 2014 | 1565 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Pro

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by msbojangles888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love these polishes! Desert Rose and French Rose are the two I own, I plan on going to get more. I love the wider brush, it helps to cover almost my entire nail in one stroke - I have smaller hands so its a plus. The color payoff is great, and they are true to bottle. I use Essie First Base base coat and CND Air Dry top coat. My manicure lasted seven days, no chips. I was floored, as I am sort of tough on my nails. No matter what I did, those babies wouldn't chip. These are the quality of Essie (which I like more for wearability than OPI) at half the price. Next up on my wish list is Steel Grey!
These are awesome DG polishes, most def. worth a shot, ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by justanicegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I own about 130 different nail polishes from many brands, and I would have to say that Rimmel's Steel Grey rates in my top 3 of favorite nail polishes! The color is fantastic! It's a perfect taupe... very in style now. The bottle, brush, and formula are fantastic... I wore my mani for almost a week without hardly any tipwear! Even my more expensive polishes dont usually last that long! For reference, I used Seche Vite top coat and Sally Hansen Double Life basecoat with this product. I would buy this again in a heartbeat!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Vindicated88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've never been a big fan of nail polish because I've never had good luck with them...until I tried this! From all the the drug store brands that I've tried, and even from OPI, I think Rimmels Lasting Finish Pro is by far the best!

Color bought: #230 "Hot Cocoa"

I paid about $4 Canadian for this product at wal mart, and I didn't have high hopes or expectations for it. But to my amazement, it did exactly what it said it would!

Pros:
- Excellent color pay off! One coat was enough for me!
- Non streaky
- soft, smooth application
- no clumps
- dried within a few minutes
- did not require a top coat

Pro/Con:
the brush was very thick, which can be a pro or a con. If you have long, large finger nails, its a pro. It allows you to get your nails done with only a few strokes. On the flip side, if your nails are short and small, then you may have some difficulty. But with that being said, the thick brush isn't that much of a problem.

Duration: 8 days, no chipping :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have several of these, and am really impressed with them. I don't think I've used any Rimmel colors before this, so I didn't know what to expect, but have been very impressed with them so far. I always use a "no chip" top coat on my finger nails at least since I'm very hard on them and so far haven't had any problems. I used Midnight Blue on my toes w/o a top coat of any kind and have not had problems w/ chipping. I love the brush, and find it much easier to use than regular NP brushes. Normally I do two coats of polish, but at least w/ Midnight Blue I only needed one coat to achieve the color in the bottle (though w/ Violet Metal I needed 2). ETA: "purple rain" is identical to SH "pat on the black".

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by foxpup82

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this lured by the "Lasting Finish" name on the bottle...I don't know if I'm rougher on my hands than the other reviewers, but it was NOT a "lasting finish" with me!
The colour was nice and full, only needed one coat (did two thin ones though), and the flat brush was nice as well, covering the maximum area in a minimum of time. I'm giving it two lippies because of these factors.
But after just one day at work (I have an office job, sitting at a desk most of the day) and making dinner/washing up, I had chips galore.
Oh well...I might try Rimmel's Vinyl Finish, I've heard good things about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Raygirl007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just bought this today. It went on very smooth (color is "Gold Silk"). The second coat gave a nice finish so I don't think I will put on a third. I really like the flat brush. The crown on the lid makes it easy to keep track of the flat side when it is covered in polish. I got it for 1.99 at Walgreens and am very impressed. I'm going to get more tomorrow in more colors. I don't know how long it lasts, but the bottle is really nice and it seems like quality polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I just found Rimmel's new square bottle in the Lasting Finish Pro series at Walmart for 4$ CDN. I bought it in the french mani shades and this one called French Cafe #150 is an almost exact dupe to Dior's Nude Chic polish.

It is a lovely beige warmed with a touch of peach nude cream. It is a bit sheer, the first coat is streaky, the second is almost creamy but still a touch streaky, and the 3 coat yields a good cream that still shows nail tips and beds.

The sheerness is standard for a French mani colour, and this is sold in 2 lines, the french mani stuff with white tops, and black tops for the regular colours. I expect a bit of streakiness in a sheer nude. For some reason pinky sheers don't streak as bad.

It has that funny fat squat brush that Sally Hansen launched with their Insta Dry polishes so depending on how you feel about that style brush, you may want to try this out. I liked how it applied but ladies with narrow nails may have trouble. For me my pinky and ring fingers are narrow enough that this brush was a touch too wide, so I brushed a little polish on my finger. It came off easily when it dried, just flaked off. As for my other nails this did make it easy to get 1 stroke and 2 for my thumbs.

This went on clump free.

Even though this was 3 coats on top of my favourite base coat (sally H age correct) and I topped with my fave Sally H Insta dri no chip (5 coats total!)

this did really well. I thought it would be long to dry, it was about 20 minutes behind OPI approximately, not much more.

It remained soft almost rubbery but not easy to dent ( I did get one dent ---ignoring manicured manatees Lessons from the Looney Bin one of which states DON'T FIX anything! You make it worse). I'd made dinner an hour after my mani, and cut the polish on a sharp metal edge of a saucepan lid, then try to use my thumbnail to flatten it, it dented a little but hardly noticeable.

Although I washed up the kitchen, took out the trash, loaded and ran the dishwasher, and this morning I recoloured my hair, and had a shower the mani is still holding nicely.

Glossy finish, no chips, no further dents. Faint sheet marks on one fingernail which I would expect from the same # of coats of OPI put on late in the afternoon.

OPI is my gold standard, and so far this is shaping up to be a nice cheap alternative with equal resistance to chipping and wear.

I'm off to Walmart to pick up #200 Bare Naked, which looks like another deeper nude, and maybe #310 Sunset Orange.

UPDATED TO ADD: It's evening, and I've done a lot with my hands today, no gloves. I painted my hallway, and used my bare nail to scrape off a rough bit of old finish poking up thru the paint, washed up my paint rollers, brushes and trays twice and no chips, no scratches. I ran 3 loads of laundry thru and meanwhile my mani is looking new. Not newish, but new.

This is good stuff. I never made it to Walmart for that second bottle, but I definitely want to try this in some other shades.

At some point I will learn how to take pictures of the bottles, and of the mani's but for now, this is just a definite recommendation to try this stuff. It's great, and it's cheap.

FURTHER UPDATE: The polish lasted 3 days, and started to chip and peel but it stayed nice till it sort of suddenly had some kind of mutual rapid aging event and wham, several nails chipped right around the same time.

This may be a fluke or this shade or all the polish, I don't know. I'm buying another bottle to find out.

This is still really good especially for the price, just be aware that on me at least, it lasted a good 3 days, when OPI lasts 4.

So considering this is half the price for OPI, one day less is still making this a good polish choice.

I'm still sold on it, and going back for more.