August 21, 2014 | 1880 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 7:36:00 AM More reviews by MsGoddessintraining

LOOOOOOOVE IT. Even the most horrid quality eyeshadow seems to work well with this. I gave a three for the packaging only because it is difficult to get the last bits of it out! But I love the squeezy tube.

My advice when using this is to make sure that you coat your lid evenly otherwise the eyeshadow may clump up in the area where you have over applied.

I said I would buy it again, but unfortunately you can't buy it in Australia. I can't wait for my next trip to the US!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by chrissie99

I recieved a deluxe sample from sephora and I instantly loved it. When my sample finally ran out i immediately purchased the full size. It fills the lines and wrinkles around my eyes and my make up goes on smoothly. Make up not only stays put but it also makes the colour of eyeshadows appear richer. A little ( the amount I use is the size of a rice grain per eye ) goes a long way so this tube will last.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by campfirekansas

This is how amazing this primer is. I applied my Lorac primer and eyeshadow around 3:00pm yesterday and when I went to go out around 11pm, it was still looked perfect. After a few cocktails I ended up going to bed with my makeup still on. The next morning my eyes still looked flawless! Wish I could say the same for the rest of my makeup that seemed to have shifted through the night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Less drying than UDPP, less oily than TFSI, more effective than Tarte and all others. Dries clear and matte without emphasizing crepiness -- a perfect primer for mature lids. The price point is great and the packaging just right. Makes my powder AND cream shadows last 8 hours without creasing.

One caveat: Like UDPP, it dries a little "tacky," so blending is a little tougher than without primer. But that's the tradeoff to making things last. I find that by using a touch more shadow -- and a better, silkier, more blendalbe shadow -- I have no troubles.

The only way they could improve this is to make one with pigment or shimmer, like UDPP Sin or Eden, to make this an all-in-one product. But adding pigment would probably mess up the chemistry.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

There is a story about Bobbi Brown going batshit once when she saw one of her makeup artists using foundation as a shadow primer. "We DON'T use foundation as primer! Ever! EVER!!" she supposedly shrieked at the poor MA. But whoever published the story didn't tell us why not. And apparently BB didn't mention it, either. Well, after using foundation, concealer, or creamy shadow like LM Eye Basics as primer for some years, I finally figured it out: Too much pigment. I noticed recently that my creases would become caked with pigment, which would flake off my eyelid like tiny rocks. So really, what you need is a primer without pigment that keeps powder shadow put. Behind the Scenes fits that description perfectly. It comes in a little squeeze tube with a slanted tip; you can put it on with your finger, or a brush, I suppose. It has no color of its own, dries quickly to a matte finish, and keeps multiple layers of powder shadow set all day. And I don't get those little rocks falling out of my crease any more.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lashjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this primer! The packaging is sanitary, the consistency is perfect, and it goes on smoothly. I use a fairly moisturizing eye cream (Chanel Sublimage) and also eye sunscreen (Shisheido) and without this product, my eyeliner is in my eyelid creases instead of at my lash line. I also like that it's a flesh color, and not white, because I sometimes just use liner and not shadow, and I don't want my eyelids looking freakishly white.

My only complaint is that it's difficult to find, I had to order it online, but I can live with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by rosanamir

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to try Lorac's eye primer because my oily eyelids ruined my eyeshadow in 2-3 hours. Soooo glad I did! My eyeshadow stays put until I remove it 15-16 hours later. A little goes a very long way, so you get excellent value. I just lightly tap the tip of my ring finger to get some product on it and dot the primer all over my lid and blend. It sets easily, evens out my lid skin tone, and seems to smooth the lid, too. Eyeshadows glide on and stay on. I have sensitive skin and experienced ZERO problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Bebefl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer! My roommate has the Urban Decay primer, and we used that one for a good 2 years until I discovered Lorac's primer. Compared to UD, this one goes on more smoothly and has a cleaner packaging...not to mention lasts forever! I have already has this product for almost a year and am no where near the end of it. I just love the way this product makes colors pop on your eyes, and it indeed does keep your eyeshadow on all day. I can go from work to happy hour easily, and not worry about smudging or reapplying at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by neverender

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the second eye primer I've ever used. UDPP was the first and the container was not good. The bottle dropped and broke. I had to scrape it out and put the product in the jar; it was something I'd have to do anyway since it's hard to get the product with the wand. Lorac's Behind the Scenes is everything I've ever wanted in an eye primer. The consistency is smooth and easy to blend. My eyeshadows last all day. I can't tell you how much I love this product. Good job Lorac!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this primer the best with regards to texture and performance, but this gave me little red bumps that itched. I find TFSI is close to this regarding performance, and both this and TFSI, outperform the MAC paints, which was very surprising. If I wasn't so allergic to this, this would be the one I'd use. I also feel the need to comment on UDPP here, which I found ridiculously drying and irritating and found the same to be true for the Bare Escentuals. For me Mac Bare Canvas seems to be the best.