April 17, 2014 | 938 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lashjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this primer! The packaging is sanitary, the consistency is perfect, and it goes on smoothly. I use a fairly moisturizing eye cream (Chanel Sublimage) and also eye sunscreen (Shisheido) and without this product, my eyeliner is in my eyelid creases instead of at my lash line. I also like that it's a flesh color, and not white, because I sometimes just use liner and not shadow, and I don't want my eyelids looking freakishly white.

My only complaint is that it's difficult to find, I had to order it online, but I can live with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by rosanamir

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to try Lorac's eye primer because my oily eyelids ruined my eyeshadow in 2-3 hours. Soooo glad I did! My eyeshadow stays put until I remove it 15-16 hours later. A little goes a very long way, so you get excellent value. I just lightly tap the tip of my ring finger to get some product on it and dot the primer all over my lid and blend. It sets easily, evens out my lid skin tone, and seems to smooth the lid, too. Eyeshadows glide on and stay on. I have sensitive skin and experienced ZERO problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Bebefl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer! My roommate has the Urban Decay primer, and we used that one for a good 2 years until I discovered Lorac's primer. Compared to UD, this one goes on more smoothly and has a cleaner packaging...not to mention lasts forever! I have already has this product for almost a year and am no where near the end of it. I just love the way this product makes colors pop on your eyes, and it indeed does keep your eyeshadow on all day. I can go from work to happy hour easily, and not worry about smudging or reapplying at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by neverender

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the second eye primer I've ever used. UDPP was the first and the container was not good. The bottle dropped and broke. I had to scrape it out and put the product in the jar; it was something I'd have to do anyway since it's hard to get the product with the wand. Lorac's Behind the Scenes is everything I've ever wanted in an eye primer. The consistency is smooth and easy to blend. My eyeshadows last all day. I can't tell you how much I love this product. Good job Lorac!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this primer the best with regards to texture and performance, but this gave me little red bumps that itched. I find TFSI is close to this regarding performance, and both this and TFSI, outperform the MAC paints, which was very surprising. If I wasn't so allergic to this, this would be the one I'd use. I also feel the need to comment on UDPP here, which I found ridiculously drying and irritating and found the same to be true for the Bare Escentuals. For me Mac Bare Canvas seems to be the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this better than UDPP, man this stuff really makes eyeshadow stick. Oh boy!! The consistency of this product is as thick as a paintpot but it really doesnt settle into my finelines which is great. I even use this under my eyes (i know this is so wrong), but I use it to make my undereye concealer stay under my eyes, my eyes crease soooo bad if I dont use primer under my eyes. I used this in hot steamy day, and my makeup looked great. This is definitely worth a purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

BEST EYE PRIMER ON THE MARKET...PERIOD!!! I have tried several others, including the exalted UDPP (hated it). Nothing has kept my e/s in place all day except for this! A little goes a long way, so I don't think that the cost is exorbitant. I also like the packaging - the squeeze tube makes it sanitary and easy to get every last bit out. I think the search for my HG eye primer is finally over!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A MUA suggested this over Urban Decay and Too Faced. I got this as a sample and I have to say I am pleased and loving this product.

I find that the Urban Decay primier potion end up wasting a lot of product inside the tube and when I cut open the tube and placed it in a container it dried out.

Hence, I prefer this Lorac primer because it works JUST AS WELL as UB primer potion but the packaging is a lot better! It is creamy and makes my eye makeup stay without creasing. I really like it and will purchase the full size.The packaging is in a squeeze tube and you can get the product out without wasting any product. Also, the packaging is very sophisticated and classy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Didnít realize how much I love this until I realized its one of the few Ďstapleí products I use daily. I got several generous sample-sized packets of this from Sephora a while ago, so Iíve never actually purchased (though I would in a heartbeat when I run out). I squeeze the primer into a small plastic tub so its easier to apply & doesnít get dried out. A .20 oz packet lasts months, so I can imagine a full-size tube is an excellent value. I dab a small flat stiff cream-eyeshadow brush in the primer and swipe it on clean, dry eyelids. I really just use a Ďtinyí bit, if I use too much the primer itself will crease. I let it dry for 1-2 minutes then apply powder shadow & sometimes liner over top (havenít used it with cream shadows). It creates a smooth, velvety surface and the color shows true. It really does make my eye makeup stay put ALL day, 12+ hours! Iíve used this all seasons in all types of weather and my eye makeup will not budge. Only if Iíve applied too much primer will my eye makeup look greasy/creasy by the end of the day, so definitely Ďless is moreí. I donít wear a ton of eye makeup or go for really dramatic looks, but I do consider myself somewhat low-maintenance. I want to apply my eye makeup once in the morning and forget about it, and this allows me to do that. Iíve tried MANY primers and this (along with the discontinued Lumene eyeshadow primer) is the best Iíve used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Uh, wow. I love the consistency of this product sooo much better than any UDPP or TFSI. I love when I come across something that is even better than my beloved favorites. Shadows are super easy to blend with this and last all day. I don't get "sticky" lids with this at all - those who have had that experience with UDPP (esp. Eden) will know what I'm talking about, lol. This will replace every eye primer in my collection!