October 26, 2014 | 930 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jolen Creme Bleach

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Kagali

This was a savior for me. My problem is as follows: fair skin+very dark hair=the 'stache. So mortifying! I had gone to get it waxed for years, the problems being the waxes tended to irritate my skin and cause clogged pores (this goes for hot/cold waxes, pure waxes and ones with additives). So I decided "F it! I will try bleaching" a few years ago. And Jolen was the first brand I picked out at the DS. I have never been without it since then. It is really strong so bleaches everything I need bleached, yet does not cause whiteheads or long-lasting irritation. It has a few drawbacks:

1. Causes redness/irritation, but this isn't long-lasting (30-60 mins in my experience)
2. Is a pain to mix on the little flat tray provided with the spatulas. I feel like a crazy chemist every time I bleach.
3. Smells pretty bad.

All this considered I still give it 5 lippies because I am now stache-free. I haven't used this on arms or anywhere else, and each pack lasts me at least a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 11:08:00 AM More reviews by RachVonH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this bleach to lighten my black brows after dying my hair red. Because of the nature of my hair, my brows came out looking orangey and weird with my olive skin tone. I was a bad bad girl and then used a tiny bit of hair dye with a low volume developer to color over it to a medium brown. Much better! I will keep using this gentle but effective bleach to do my brows with for as long as I have lighter hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by imnangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

iIve been using this for five years..It stinks and very strong BUT thats the only thing that can make me achieve the results I want i.e pale ashy colored hair (face) and eyebrows....and I havent found any other bleach that gives me the same results..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Jujubegirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff works great for me. I have red hair with lots of different tones in it, but my brows are just plain dark red, which is a bit severe. Using this, I can lighten them. It looks very natural still, but gives my brows a much softer look.

I was a little nervous about using it, but it was super easy. I had no irritation from it. I did catch a noxious whiff once or twice, but it was brief. It is bleach, after all.

Adding this to my regular beauty routine!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by mimsmims

this stuff didn't work for me.. i used it to lighten my dark arm hair and it did lighten some but most of the hair didn't change (it was really fine hair so i don't know what the problem was).. it looked so weird.. and to make things worse it lightened my skin too.. my arms were blotchy and really pale.. i had to brush bronzer on them to hid it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

My 'stache isn't very dark or noticeable to others since the hairs are really fine, but I have light skin and black hair and it is definitely noticeable to me. Enough so that I feel the need to remove it. However, I had to give up waxing my upper lip because I'm on strong retinoids now and am not supposed to wax anymore (trust me on this). Jolen works pretty well as a substitute, though I had to use it twice in order to bleach all of the hair, and I don't have much hair there, it's really more of a fuzz. The first time only bleached perhaps 75% of it. I had to wait a day or two to try again since my skin felt like it was burning slightly the first time and I didn't want to risk replacing my little shadowy 'stache with a cherry-red one. But those with lighter hair probably won't have this problem.

Overall, I like this. It is inexpensive and does the trick, plus I love the iconic teal-and-white box. I just wish they'd include a little bowl or something to mix the powder and cream in--the little piece of flat plastic they give you is a joke. But that's a small quibble--you have to trust something that's been around for so many years. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by bluegreyhaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have medium brown hair and used this on my black brows to go a few shades lighter. It worked great! I left it on a liiiiiitttle bit too long, so it's a bit too light, but with a little taupe eyebrow powder they look awesome anyway. Def recommended, does what it says!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by NaomiLeigh

First I have to say that this is the only bleach that I have ever tried.
It does make my very dark upper lip hair a whitish-blonde. And I guess that is the most important thing....
But it really smells. Once it made me cry, not sobbing, but tears were pouring down my face because it stung too much. And every time after removing it the area is red for about an hour, and it has bad bumps for about 2 and a half. I think that I may actually be allergic to it, at least that's what my mom says. But I suggest not using it if you have sensitive skin. BTW does anyone know any good depliatories for upper lip hair?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by StarCrossed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a heaven sent! I brought this at Wal-Mart recently, and it was a small box, but I'm sure it'll last a while. I, naturally, have black hair that have recently turned brunette, but dear oh my, my eyebrows didn't matched. I also need brown eyebrows for looking good for my Marilyn Monroe costume (She has like these light brown eyebrows, if you look at her photos carefully.) and just to also match my hair. Because my eyebrows are so dark, I had to try them on TWICE to get the results I like. Counting up, it took 8 minutes exactly. So I suppose those with black/dark brown eyebrows need 10 minutes to lighten up? Anyhow, this is just a wonderful product, and it only stings a bit, but once I washed it off I felt okay. Will buy again. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 9:16:00 AM More reviews by juliajazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Matches my very dark eyebrow with my dyed golden brown hair.
Makes my upper lip hair disappear.

I adore this product and keep buying and buying.
Apart from the affordable price, this product is sooo easy to use:
1. You mix the cream base and the bleaching powder together.
2. Leave it on your desirable areas for 15-20 minutes. (Time is variable.)
3. Wash it off.
And..that's it!

The only con about this is I get a nasty smell, especially when I bleach the upper lip hair.
Anyhow, FIVE lippies to this. I've been loyal to it for 5 years. Haven't found any thing better to replace it. I tried it on my friend and she loved it too!!!