April 19, 2014 | 1608 users online

Treatments - Jolen Creme Bleach

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by imnangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

iIve been using this for five years..It stinks and very strong BUT thats the only thing that can make me achieve the results I want i.e pale ashy colored hair (face) and eyebrows....and I havent found any other bleach that gives me the same results..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Jujubegirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff works great for me. I have red hair with lots of different tones in it, but my brows are just plain dark red, which is a bit severe. Using this, I can lighten them. It looks very natural still, but gives my brows a much softer look.

I was a little nervous about using it, but it was super easy. I had no irritation from it. I did catch a noxious whiff once or twice, but it was brief. It is bleach, after all.

Adding this to my regular beauty routine!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by mimsmims

this stuff didn't work for me.. i used it to lighten my dark arm hair and it did lighten some but most of the hair didn't change (it was really fine hair so i don't know what the problem was).. it looked so weird.. and to make things worse it lightened my skin too.. my arms were blotchy and really pale.. i had to brush bronzer on them to hid it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

My 'stache isn't very dark or noticeable to others since the hairs are really fine, but I have light skin and black hair and it is definitely noticeable to me. Enough so that I feel the need to remove it. However, I had to give up waxing my upper lip because I'm on strong retinoids now and am not supposed to wax anymore (trust me on this). Jolen works pretty well as a substitute, though I had to use it twice in order to bleach all of the hair, and I don't have much hair there, it's really more of a fuzz. The first time only bleached perhaps 75% of it. I had to wait a day or two to try again since my skin felt like it was burning slightly the first time and I didn't want to risk replacing my little shadowy 'stache with a cherry-red one. But those with lighter hair probably won't have this problem.

Overall, I like this. It is inexpensive and does the trick, plus I love the iconic teal-and-white box. I just wish they'd include a little bowl or something to mix the powder and cream in--the little piece of flat plastic they give you is a joke. But that's a small quibble--you have to trust something that's been around for so many years. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by bluegreyhaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have medium brown hair and used this on my black brows to go a few shades lighter. It worked great! I left it on a liiiiiitttle bit too long, so it's a bit too light, but with a little taupe eyebrow powder they look awesome anyway. Def recommended, does what it says!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by NaomiLeigh

First I have to say that this is the only bleach that I have ever tried.
It does make my very dark upper lip hair a whitish-blonde. And I guess that is the most important thing....
But it really smells. Once it made me cry, not sobbing, but tears were pouring down my face because it stung too much. And every time after removing it the area is red for about an hour, and it has bad bumps for about 2 and a half. I think that I may actually be allergic to it, at least that's what my mom says. But I suggest not using it if you have sensitive skin. BTW does anyone know any good depliatories for upper lip hair?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by StarCrossed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a heaven sent! I brought this at Wal-Mart recently, and it was a small box, but I'm sure it'll last a while. I, naturally, have black hair that have recently turned brunette, but dear oh my, my eyebrows didn't matched. I also need brown eyebrows for looking good for my Marilyn Monroe costume (She has like these light brown eyebrows, if you look at her photos carefully.) and just to also match my hair. Because my eyebrows are so dark, I had to try them on TWICE to get the results I like. Counting up, it took 8 minutes exactly. So I suppose those with black/dark brown eyebrows need 10 minutes to lighten up? Anyhow, this is just a wonderful product, and it only stings a bit, but once I washed it off I felt okay. Will buy again. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 9:16:00 AM More reviews by juliajazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Matches my very dark eyebrow with my dyed golden brown hair.
Makes my upper lip hair disappear.

I adore this product and keep buying and buying.
Apart from the affordable price, this product is sooo easy to use:
1. You mix the cream base and the bleaching powder together.
2. Leave it on your desirable areas for 15-20 minutes. (Time is variable.)
3. Wash it off.
And..that's it!

The only con about this is I get a nasty smell, especially when I bleach the upper lip hair.
Anyhow, FIVE lippies to this. I've been loyal to it for 5 years. Haven't found any thing better to replace it. I tried it on my friend and she loved it too!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2007 10:01:00 AM More reviews by darkphoenix33

I have dark blonde/light brown-ish hair, and my eyesbrows (thanks, dad) are a pretty dark brown. For about 4 years I dyed my hair dark brown (almost black) to match my eyebrows, when finially I decided on a change. I took my hair back to it's original color, but my eyebrows were way too dark, but I was too afraid to dye them in fear of nasty, orange eyebrows. Thankfully, this product did the trick! My eyebrows are very, very thick and grow insanely fast (I pluck every three days or so when I don't wax) and I was really afraid of the 'salt and pepper' eyebrows. I mixed the bleach, which has a beautiful creamy texture and smoothed it onto my eyebrows. Just for good measure, I stuck it on a couple of other places (upper lip, small bit of arm hair) to see what would happen. I checked my eyebrows every 30 seconds, and only left it on for a minute or two. I didn't want a huge change to avoid strange regrowth. After the two minutes were up, I washed off the bleach (I didn't get a nasty smell, but it was probably because it wasn't on long at all). I didn't experience any burning, only a bit of redness afterwards, and I just put some Aloe Vera gel on the area and it soothed down. It turned my eyebrows a nice light brown, perfect with my hair! My facial and arm hair was already quite light, so there wasn't much difference. The shade was so subtle, the new growth blended in (unless you take one of those high powered mirrors, then it kind of looks stupid, like eyebrow highlights), and it's easy to bleach them for touch ups. The amount you are given will last for a very, very long time if you're only doing eyebrows or facial hair. I only bought the small jar, and it's going to take me months to finish it. I may not buy this product again because I'm dying my hair a medium brown in about a month, however I would definitely buy this product again if I had the need.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by greenheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have the mild one with aloe vera. This is my first bleach, and I quite like the result. I have dark thick hair,so I left it on my skin for 15 minutes-the maximum time suggested in the user guide and afterwards wash the cream off with cold water. It turns my black hair into light, golden hair which blends in with my tanned skin tone. I do have to complain about the strong ammonia smell that hangs over for the next 24 hours or so under my nose. It does not irritate my skin or anything, just the smell was bad enough to take in. 1 lippy off for that reason, but overall a great product to have.