Jolen Creme Bleach

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I too have the 'stache, enough so that all the eyebrow plucking, moisturizing, hairstyling, and artful makeup application in the world would basically be lipstick on a pig if I didn't do something about it. This product works amazingly well as long as you follow the directions - be VERY careful estimating the measurements, because the one time I got it wrong I had a chemical burn that lasted a few weeks. Speaking of which, it'd be great if someone made a facial bleach that came premixed, because that part is the only con. Regardless, this product doesn't burn, doesn't stink, and doesn't flake or drip off if mixed correctly. If you feel a tingle, it's probably mixed too strong and you should take it off right away. I'm giving it a 5 for packaging because even though mixing it IS obnoxious, all the little parts fit neatly back into the box after use.

on 8/9/2008 5:52:00 PM

I just used this to lighten my eyebrows to match my red hair. My eyebrows are usually black, and I lightened them to a medium brown. Anyway, it didn't burn too much, it worked well and didn't make them orange, and I would definitely reccomend.

on 6/29/2008 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Wow i just tried out this product. Honestly just 10 mins ago. Being from a south asian decent we tend to have very dark all over our body. Its very embarrassing to show off ur body knowing u have body hair which doesn't seem hide. But this product will make it lighter and less noticeable. But someone help me to find other products to help me look like all the other brown girls who have no body hair....i envy them. Overall good product!!!!

on 6/11/2008 6:12:00 PM

This was a savior for me. My problem is as follows: fair skin+very dark hair=the 'stache. So mortifying! I had gone to get it waxed for years, the problems being the waxes tended to irritate my skin and cause clogged pores (this goes for hot/cold waxes, pure waxes and ones with additives). So I decided "F it! I will try bleaching" a few years ago. And Jolen was the first brand I picked out at the DS. I have never been without it since then. It is really strong so bleaches everything I need bleached, yet does not cause whiteheads or long-lasting irritation. It has a few drawbacks:

1. Causes redness/irritation, but this isn't long-lasting (30-60 mins in my experience)
2. Is a pain to mix on the little flat tray provided with the spatulas. I feel like a crazy chemist every time I bleach.
3. Smells pretty bad.

All this considered I still give it 5 lippies because I am now stache-free. I haven't used this on arms or anywhere else, and each pack lasts me at least a year.

on 6/8/2008 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I used this bleach to lighten my black brows after dying my hair red. Because of the nature of my hair, my brows came out looking orangey and weird with my olive skin tone. I was a bad bad girl and then used a tiny bit of hair dye with a low volume developer to color over it to a medium brown. Much better! I will keep using this gentle but effective bleach to do my brows with for as long as I have lighter hair.

on 4/1/2008 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

iIve been using this for five years..It stinks and very strong BUT thats the only thing that can make me achieve the results I want i.e pale ashy colored hair (face) and eyebrows....and I havent found any other bleach that gives me the same results..

on 2/21/2008 4:39:00 PM

This stuff works great for me. I have red hair with lots of different tones in it, but my brows are just plain dark red, which is a bit severe. Using this, I can lighten them. It looks very natural still, but gives my brows a much softer look.

I was a little nervous about using it, but it was super easy. I had no irritation from it. I did catch a noxious whiff once or twice, but it was brief. It is bleach, after all.

Adding this to my regular beauty routine!

on 1/16/2008 1:34:00 AM

this stuff didn't work for me.. i used it to lighten my dark arm hair and it did lighten some but most of the hair didn't change (it was really fine hair so i don't know what the problem was).. it looked so weird.. and to make things worse it lightened my skin too.. my arms were blotchy and really pale.. i had to brush bronzer on them to hid it!

on 1/9/2008 4:52:00 PM

My 'stache isn't very dark or noticeable to others since the hairs are really fine, but I have light skin and black hair and it is definitely noticeable to me. Enough so that I feel the need to remove it. However, I had to give up waxing my upper lip because I'm on strong retinoids now and am not supposed to wax anymore (trust me on this). Jolen works pretty well as a substitute, though I had to use it twice in order to bleach all of the hair, and I don't have much hair there, it's really more of a fuzz. The first time only bleached perhaps 75% of it. I had to wait a day or two to try again since my skin felt like it was burning slightly the first time and I didn't want to risk replacing my little shadowy 'stache with a cherry-red one. But those with lighter hair probably won't have this problem.

Overall, I like this. It is inexpensive and does the trick, plus I love the iconic teal-and-white box. I just wish they'd include a little bowl or something to mix the powder and cream in--the little piece of flat plastic they give you is a joke. But that's a small quibble--you have to trust something that's been around for so many years. continued >>

on 12/15/2007 8:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have medium brown hair and used this on my black brows to go a few shades lighter. It worked great! I left it on a liiiiiitttle bit too long, so it's a bit too light, but with a little taupe eyebrow powder they look awesome anyway. Def recommended, does what it says!

Popular Treatments (Face)