Jolen Creme Bleach

4.2

I just used this for the first time and I am so pleased and happy with how this worked! I don't think I'm overly hairy but I do have a "mustache" that you can see if you really scrutinize my face--basically the fuzz on my upper lip is a bit darker than the white-blonde fuzz on the rest of my face. I'd wax my upper lip occasionally, but waxing was always extremely painful and left me with a blotchy, red, broken-out upper lip for days. When I was buying wax for my eyebrows I saw this bleach for only $5 at Ulta and decided to try it. I wasn't really sure that it would even work, because any other hair-altering cream I've put on my skin hasn't worked. I can leave Nair on my face forever and get a chemical burn before any hair will budge. So I mixed this bleach up, left it on my upper lip for ten minutes and dubiously scraped it off--and my lip fuzz was the same white-blonde color as the rest of the fuzz on my face! I am never waxing my upper lip again! While I had this on my face it did sting and was slightly uncomfortable and made my eyes water a little, but the stinging went away a few minutes after I removed the creme. Also, you don't really need to mix as much as the instructions say if you're just doing your upper lip (they advise 1/4 tsp of powder and 1/2 tsp of creme), but I mixed up about half that; just make sure you stick to a 1:2 powder:creme ratio and you'll be fine.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use this product to lighten my eyebrows a shade. It's easy to mix, and I usually paint it on with the spatula included or a hair dying brush. Be sure to check the progression by wiping off a bit of the mixture with the spatula. Just as soon as you think that it's not really working, it will remove the color quickly. Repaint it back on if you need to lighten more.

It does a great job of staying in place, and on the scale of skin irritation, it has ranged from tingling to slight discomfort. I haven't gotten a chemical burn from it yet.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I too have the 'stache, enough so that all the eyebrow plucking, moisturizing, hairstyling, and artful makeup application in the world would basically be lipstick on a pig if I didn't do something about it. This product works amazingly well as long as you follow the directions - be VERY careful estimating the measurements, because the one time I got it wrong I had a chemical burn that lasted a few weeks. Speaking of which, it'd be great if someone made a facial bleach that came premixed, because that part is the only con. Regardless, this product doesn't burn, doesn't stink, and doesn't flake or drip off if mixed correctly. If you feel a tingle, it's probably mixed too strong and you should take it off right away. I'm giving it a 5 for packaging because even though mixing it IS obnoxious, all the little parts fit neatly back into the box after use.

I just used this to lighten my eyebrows to match my red hair. My eyebrows are usually black, and I lightened them to a medium brown. Anyway, it didn't burn too much, it worked well and didn't make them orange, and I would definitely reccomend.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Wow i just tried out this product. Honestly just 10 mins ago. Being from a south asian decent we tend to have very dark all over our body. Its very embarrassing to show off ur body knowing u have body hair which doesn't seem hide. But this product will make it lighter and less noticeable. But someone help me to find other products to help me look like all the other brown girls who have no body hair....i envy them. Overall good product!!!!

This was a savior for me. My problem is as follows: fair skin+very dark hair=the 'stache. So mortifying! I had gone to get it waxed for years, the problems being the waxes tended to irritate my skin and cause clogged pores (this goes for hot/cold waxes, pure waxes and ones with additives). So I decided "F it! I will try bleaching" a few years ago. And Jolen was the first brand I picked out at the DS. I have never been without it since then. It is really strong so bleaches everything I need bleached, yet does not cause whiteheads or long-lasting irritation. It has a few drawbacks:

1. Causes redness/irritation, but this isn't long-lasting (30-60 mins in my experience)
2. Is a pain to mix on the little flat tray provided with the spatulas. I feel like a crazy chemist every time I bleach.
3. Smells pretty bad.

All this considered I still give it 5 lippies because I am now stache-free. I haven't used this on arms or anywhere else, and each pack lasts me at least a year.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I used this bleach to lighten my black brows after dying my hair red. Because of the nature of my hair, my brows came out looking orangey and weird with my olive skin tone. I was a bad bad girl and then used a tiny bit of hair dye with a low volume developer to color over it to a medium brown. Much better! I will keep using this gentle but effective bleach to do my brows with for as long as I have lighter hair.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

iIve been using this for five years..It stinks and very strong BUT thats the only thing that can make me achieve the results I want i.e pale ashy colored hair (face) and eyebrows....and I havent found any other bleach that gives me the same results..

This stuff works great for me. I have red hair with lots of different tones in it, but my brows are just plain dark red, which is a bit severe. Using this, I can lighten them. It looks very natural still, but gives my brows a much softer look.

I was a little nervous about using it, but it was super easy. I had no irritation from it. I did catch a noxious whiff once or twice, but it was brief. It is bleach, after all.

Adding this to my regular beauty routine!

this stuff didn't work for me.. i used it to lighten my dark arm hair and it did lighten some but most of the hair didn't change (it was really fine hair so i don't know what the problem was).. it looked so weird.. and to make things worse it lightened my skin too.. my arms were blotchy and really pale.. i had to brush bronzer on them to hid it!