April 24, 2014 | 1367 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

Lately, I've become somewhat of a foundation junkie - TEMPTU, Illamasqua, MUFE, MAC - everything. I suddenly want tons of different options, and that craving led to this. The texture is absolutely heavenly! Swatched on a finger it feels liquidy/moist and on the face it just feels delightful. My skin gets dry in the winter, and this is the first foundation I've tried that I can truly say is moisturizing. That said, I think those with oilier complexions may want to be wary, as I could see this accentuating that issue throughout wear. I apply this with the 130 brush (I don't use that sponge thing) and it goes on truly flawlessly. Also, this product stays creamy on skin long enough to really spread and buff it in. I just make sure my compact is closed very tightly so it doesn't dry out. I look forward to traveling with this, as it will surely be a thousand times easier and less messy! It is easy to be heavy-handed with this since it looks like so little is coming off onto the brush, but it's easy to sheer out and tone down. Overall, a winner in my book.

Update: I've just had to come back and edit my review. After using this for even longer, my skin looks fabulous! Even in the cold, windy, harsh winters of Philadelphia, my skin is amazing. I can honestly say this truly moisturizes and leaves skin looking and feeling great even when I take it off. I just had to rave about this moisturizing effect. In the summer I'm thinking I may even be able to skip moisturizer if I intend to use this (however, I do have normal-to-oily skin).

Also, my compact is still as fresh as the day I bought it. I make sure it clicks closed, and then keep it out of sunlight in my vanity. I love this even more!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by savethemarianne

I wanted to try this mineral based creme compact foundation because it was cheaper than Chanel's at £23 and it got good reviews here. However I was a bit disappointed with it. Firstly, I can kind of see how some people say this makes you look flawless, on some parts of my face it had this finish, but I think this is dependent on skin type as other parts of my face it really showed up. Perhaps I didn't blend this in properly but on top of that negative, I also found it showed up my dry flaky patches. I know most foundations will do this but I was hoping this wouldn't as it is advertised for dry skin. Having said this, it is a mild improvement on the drug store liquid foundation I'm currently using as the finish is quite natural and not oily. I find it's staying power so so, I'd probably freshen up after 4/5 hours but at least the compact is neat to carry around. Overall, I felt this product was not significantly better than it's drugstore counterparts, yet the price was markedly higher, so I only gave it 3 lippies.
Edit: I upped it to 4 lippes as I found when I used the 188 brush or a standard foundation brush, it did help the finish of the product and showed up less on dry patches although still a little bit. It's a shame to have to carry around a massive brush with a compact foundation, but I think I would consider buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Zannahxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my all time HG foundation. I've tried almost every high end foundation (MUFE, NARS, etc...) and this one trumps them all. I have dry, sensitive, slightly acne prone skin (NC20). This was not love at first try for me, actually I hated it the first time I tried it, I didn't feel like it had enough coverage for that flawless, airbrushed yet not caked on look that I love. But then I saw a picture of myself wearing it and I was blown away by how flawless my skin looked. I ended up taking it on a 2 week vacation and I loved not only how my skin looked in pictures but also the ease of the compact for traveling. On me the finish is glowy, not greasy and in my opinion it looks like real skin. I feel like my quest for the perfect foundation is finally over and I will continue to use this as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by briii

Great foundation! I am probably one of the biggest foundation junkies in the world. ha. lm always on the lookout for the best foundation out there. Lately I've been searching for a good creme foundation and have tried pretty much everything out there, from high end to drug store. I have found some that I like but was never completely satisfied, til now. My skin is normal to dry, especially dry in the winter. This foundation is perfect for my skin. It is very moisturizing and when applying it on your skin you can definitely feel the moisture in the product. Because of how moisturizing this foundation is I would definitely not recommend this for people with oily/combo skin. I love this foundation very much. The one thing about it that some people might not like is that you really have to set this with a good setting powder otherwise it would probably come off early in the day. Thats not a big deal for me because I usually always use a setting powder. But this foundation is awesome and definitely think its a great one for people with dry skin :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by syasya83

i this is my first mac foundation i ever tried coz i heard so many people broke out from their foundation so i use MUFE which works perfectly for me when my skin was oilier. Because of winter I started to have flaky cheeks and dry patches in some areas on my face. I'm thrilled to try MAC products and decided to get some sample in nc30.
Wow, full coverage i dont even need concealer at all. It has natural finish. The women at the salon cant even tell that i got foundation on and she said i dont need to buy their skincare products because my skin is flawless. I wish i have perfect skin just as she said to me. She thought im just being funny. I'll wait until i run out of the sample to purchase the full size....I use sigma f80 to apply this foundation along with sephora make up primer. I'm having a major breakouts with tiny white bumps all over my face. MAC don't make good foundation for sensitive skin like me....... COlor match was perfect

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by melzie2121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was just reviewing the Pro Longwear Foundation and realized I'd never reviewed this. This is my HG foundation. I absolutely love the finish and it works even on my very oily skin, I just have to blot mid-day. This is my winter foundation and Pro Longwear will be my summer.

Great job on the foundations recently MAC. Neither of these break me out and the finish on both is fresh and young looking.

I'm NC20 and color match was right on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by rachael_l

Pros: Good coverage, finish and staying power
Cons: Colors seem off on this MAC foundation (run darker/orange)
I went out and bought this foundation the first day it was released at my MAC counter and didn't even bother to look at the color (my mistake!). I bought NC40, which is the color I buy in Studio Fix, bought found it to be too dark/orange in this foundation. I used the whole thing anyways and went back and debated between NC37 and NC35. A MAC makeup artist suggested NC37, which I went with but still found it too be too dark and orange. Unfortunately I never returned it (not sure why) and used it half a dozen times but now it's been sitting in my makeup drawer untouched.
Besides the color match problem I've had, I really liked this foundation. The coverage is medium and can be built up medium-heavy but the finish is still natural. I found it easier to work with than liquid or a powder foundation, which was why I was drawn to it. I used a flat top buffer brush which I liked better than a sponge or stippling brush. It lasted throughout a 10 to 12 hour day with primer underneath and powder on top, and got slightly oily towards the end but not horribly so. It didn't break me out and made my skin look even in color.
I'm on the fence about purchasing another one since Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse is similar in consistency and working well for me (including color overall) and is cheaper than MAC. I do like MAC products though so who knows, I'll probably cave and buy another one (hopefully the right color)...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by clbrothwell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this foundation. It gives a medium to full coverage and does not feel heavy or cakey. I have normal sensitive skin, and when I break out I don't like to use concealer so I can let my face breath a little. This gives enough coverage where I don't have to use concealer. I feel the best application is MACs 130 brush. It's dense enough to hold the product but like the 187 it spreads and buffs the foundation on flawlessly. I find the 187 is too loose to spread foundation and the 190 puts too much on. You don't need to set this with powder if you want the dewy look.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2010 7:58:00 AM More reviews by gabbott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to like this. I does not work for me. I am an NC 30-35. The 30 was too light, the 35 looks orange on me. It's too heavy, too thick, sinks into lines. Actually, I bought and returned this once before. I buy so many foundations that I forgot why I returned it, now I remember. I also bought and returned that over priced brush they promoted to use with it. I bought this again because I want a compact foundation with mirror to carry in my purse. It's not happening.
I was not thrilled with the packaging either. I tap the button to open the foundation and the bottom sponge compartment pops open. Very annoying but I could live with it if I loved the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ladymarion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok so i've only just bought this product, so I'm going to comment what I've seen in one use.
Coverage: medium to full, I used this foundation with a stippling brush with a light hand, and I see perfect skin in the mirror! lovely texture, more creme-to-powder than normal creme foundations. lovely feel on skin. Not greasy in the least.
Color: my color is NW15. Yes. I'm that pale..the color blends perfectly into my skin and doesn't seem to change during the day
Price: payed 33 euros, madness! far too expensive for the empty pockets of a post.grad student! but i'm entitled to a little treat now and then, don't you agree?
Repurchase: maybe not because of the price, but this foundation is wonderfull!
Will update once I've used it more and I'm taking a lippie away for the price.