MAC Mineralize Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 2.50% Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Triethylhexanoin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract\Beta Vulgaris\Extrait De Racine De Betterave, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lysine, PEG-15/Lauryl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Inulin, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Chloride, Isododecane, Potassium Chloride, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

I really, really wanted to love this, and really wanted it to work. Unfortunately, this foundation did not live up to what I had expected from reading other reviews and talking to different people.
The foundation itself is creamy which I really like, but it's also sticky which is bad. It takes a very, very long time to set, and honestly I think it never really loses that sticky feeling. It can be 5 hours later, a strands of my hair will stick to my face because of this foundation. I've never experienced that before, ever. This is also supposed to be one of MAC's less heavy foundations, but you can just feel it on your skin all day.
It really doesn't blend well. Don't get me wrong, the color match, was perfect (NC 15). It's probably the best color match I've ever found which is why I really wanted this foundation to work. It however, does not blend well. Even with the recommended #130 ($40) Brush, it just doesn't sit evenly. It really amplified any bumps, pores, lines, or imperfect areas on my face. The compact it comes in is super cute, but never opens correctly, the bottom compartment always opens first, and the sponge inside comes tumbling out.
Overall I found it's not the great foundation I wanted it to be. It never sets, has that sticky finish, amplifies imperfections, and doesn't blend (even with the "correct" brush).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, one of the best foundations for my very dry skin.
I apply it with the Sigma flat brush, looks flawless...
You may need to check out a slightly lighter tone that your usual, I use NW20, so a bit lighter that my usual, I bought the NW25 before but for winter it is too dark. It really lasts, sometimes I put a little bit of Bare Minerals on top just to set it when I need more coverage. Easy to carry, easy to apply, very forgiving, I wish the compact could have more content, goes down fast so I do not use it every day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I went into MAC to get a new lipstick. While I was there, I asked the MUA to reccomend me some foundation. I was at the point on giving up on MAC's range to be honest - I wanted beautiful yet natural coverage, good staying power and a colour to match my skin. I don't think I'm asking too much, right? My skin is 100% clear mostly, with a few very faded scars on my cheeks.
I've had a love/hate battle with the studio fix fluid (it turns orange on my PALE PALE face; NW15), the powder is great but tends to dry my skin out, the studio sculpt much the same and any of the others didnt give me a nice 'finish'.
She reccomended me this - applied it with a stippling brush and it looked beautiful. Cue the next day at work - blistering Australian heat (air con was not working in my store, apparently) and the foundation did not hold up on my face unfortunately, and felt greasy almost. I left it alone for a few days, favouring my Bourjois healthy mix until I was running late and the Mineralize compact was the easiest to get at. Let me mention because it is going into Autumn/Winter, the weather has cooled down this week - and at work, my skin GLOWED. In the cooler weather it feels moisturizing, looks dewey and completely natural. It stayed on all day (which is rare for me), covered flaws by itself, did not settle or cake into any unsightly spots and most important matched my pale skin without turning an odd colour. Oh - and my boyfriend; who never comments on my make-up by the way; told me my skin looked really beautiful. Let's just say I put it on at 10.30 am and it looks virtually the same and its nearly 9 at night. Unheard of for me! Maybe not for summer, but for a good part of the year this will be my go-to foundation. Definitely reccomended for those in a cooler climate! I'm in love!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just bought this foundation 5 days ago and so far I love it. I hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those that I love at 1st and then in a month decide "it's just not for me". I REALLY don't think that will be the case however. As another person mentioned, it feels quite wet/liquidy to the finger. I wouldn't imagine that it would set the way that it does. As I get closer to 40, my skin is definitely drier especially in the winter months. I have tried so many different foundations searching for the right color, formula, finsh, coverage, staying power, etc. I've most recently tried the cheper brands...Revlon Colorstay, Maybelline Superstay..those types because I workout hard and sweat alot! I unfortunately am one of those people who has gotten used to seeing myself "made-up" so I also wear makeup to the gym. (really bad I know) Some of the "staying foundations" can set so quickly & thick and I feel like as I'm sweating my skin can't breathe..however the stuff does not sweat off, I'll give it that. I have worked out 3days so far with this makeup and so far so good. I do have some Revlon Mineral Color Stay Matte Bronze powder that I set it with just to keep it in place and to give a little added color. That powder is much like the Mac Mineralize powder, very light, sheer, not heavy...I figured I try it with it since I already had it. However, if I weren't working out I don't know that I'd really need a powder with this foundation...but it's not drying either. I have large pores (coming with age), fairly light skin, every little pimple I get leaves a mark/scar that takes forever to go away, dark circles, and starting to get few age spots (not a pretty picture, huh?) Well this covers great! Because of my bad skin I do still have to use a tiny bit of concealer or I've even gone over some blemishes with this foundation using a concealer brush. I almost feel like over time my skin might improve (as far as breakouts go) with this makeup because it just feels so flawless and natural but yet with great coverage! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT so far!!! With my Revlon mineral finishing powder I haven't had to touch up my face once...even after working out, other than under my eyes a bit. I use NC25...give it a try if your skin is on the dry side. I hope this can be my new favorite to last for a long long time...I hate the battle of always trying to find a new foundation and wasting so much money! BTW, this is my teenager's page...just in case you notice a discrepancy in the age.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Overall, I love this foundation.
My skin is technically combination, but I definitely am more concerned with my dry skin because of how horrible it looks under most foundations. This foundation is moisturizing, medium-coverage, and great. (for the quick version)

I was a little skeptical about this at first, because I was told it was $40, but then I found out it was $35, which softened me, then when the MAC MUA put it on me, I was sold. It feels like moisturizer, which I love. I can feel it on my skin, but it feels comfortable and soft so I actually prefer that I can feel it. Then it looks flawless as well, which is even better!

Most reviews I'd seen on YouTube said to use a 190 or a 187, both of which I have, and don't like with this foundation. After feeling like it wasn't blending in with my skin and looked streaky, I went to my favourite makeup tool, cosmetic sponges. I used the one in the compact because it was right there, but I have every intention of replacing it when I need to. But with a sponge, it really looks flawless and airbrushed. AND it doesn't catch onto any dry patches on your skin, which is a HUGE plus for me, because that's the reason I don't wear most of my other foundations.

I don't feel the need to set this with a powder, but I would recommend MUFE HD powder, instead of a coloured powder or less fine powder, because it helps to retain the beautiful dewy finish it has.

The coverage is medium, but it can go anyway, depending on how you apply it, it's enough to cover redness and anything minor, but my undereye circles still need a little attention even with this on.

The colours run VERY dark with this foundation so GET COLOUR MATCHED. I am an NC37-40, and actually wear an NC30 in this foundation, given, it is a tad light, but I still don't think I could go darker than NC35 with this.

The packaging is nice and convenient, I took it with me travelling this weekend, and was good, especially because of the sponge compartment and the mirror.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

my first mac product. cream compact foundation. liked the idea of being able to bring foundation around in a compact, easy touch ups. was matched to nc25, which is a tad light...makes me look pasty faced and the foundation seems obvious...which wasn't really discernible in the store lighting ( sheesh). the SA used the 188 brush to apply it on my face after using a primer. if u want a heavier coverage, she advised that the 130 brush would be better. looked really flawless. walked around with it on for a couple of hours. thought it looked pretty good ( cloudy day...sheesh). decided to buy it. when i got home, had difficulty applying it. it looked totally obvious and caky. used the 188 the way SA did, didnt work. then i decided to use foundation brush which i spritzed with a bit of water and used a technique i saw in this cream foundation tutorial by enkore. worked pretty well. light coverage when done this way, so had to build it up to cover more. concealer is needed if u want to cover sunspots, which i have (don't really mind not covering them). i find it feels moisturizing (i have dry skin during the winter) and doesnt really dry. set it with powder on my t-zone, but left my cheeks as it was coz i want the dewy look. overall, doesn't completely blow me away. lasted 5 hours? but then again, i take ablution for prayers a couple of times a day so it doesnt bother me much. maybe i'd like it better if i'd had a better colour match (totally my fault). plus, developed a couple of pimples on chin and forehead since using it, and i hardly break out. will be giving this away to my cousin who is fairer then me. for the price and considering the fact i wasnt totally satisfied with it, i would not buy it again. otherwise, good product for those with dry skin and nice to use for colder months.
UPDATE: Tried it again today after leaving it for a couple of weeks. i've just realized that it dries darker than it goes on. still a teeny bit light but after some blush and bronzer, i'm good to go. tried it also with the elf powder brush...i dab it in the compact and distribute it on my face by dabbing it on. then i spray the brush and my face with the body shop vitamin E face mist and buff away. gives a nice dewy finish.

**Pros: Coverage is buildable and blends in well with skintone- Quick and easy application! Dries fast and gives you a dewy finish. The color does not have as strong of a yellow hue as the UD Surreal Creme to Powder foundation. This foundation comes in a compact form with mirror & is more portable than MAC's Mineralize Satinfinish Fluid foundation.
**Cons: It's strongly scented like vanilla cupcakes. (It does not smell once it dries on the face). At times, it may dry the skin out within 6 hours if you apply it with a heavy hand. The compact comes with a sponge for application, but I feel that it absorbs and wastes too much of the product, and using a sponge tends to break me out more than using a brush. The brush they separately sell for this foundation is $40 and is not portable :(
I said I would repurchase because it is an excellent formula and gives me desired coverage without the expected frequent drying effect of most mineral powders. This formula would work best for dry to combination skin; I don't think oily skin would benefit from this formula (fyi: I have dry-combination skin).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lately, I've become somewhat of a foundation junkie - TEMPTU, Illamasqua, MUFE, MAC - everything. I suddenly want tons of different options, and that craving led to this. The texture is absolutely heavenly! Swatched on a finger it feels liquidy/moist and on the face it just feels delightful. My skin gets dry in the winter, and this is the first foundation I've tried that I can truly say is moisturizing. That said, I think those with oilier complexions may want to be wary, as I could see this accentuating that issue throughout wear. I apply this with the 130 brush (I don't use that sponge thing) and it goes on truly flawlessly. Also, this product stays creamy on skin long enough to really spread and buff it in. I just make sure my compact is closed very tightly so it doesn't dry out. I look forward to traveling with this, as it will surely be a thousand times easier and less messy! It is easy to be heavy-handed with this since it looks like so little is coming off onto the brush, but it's easy to sheer out and tone down. Overall, a winner in my book.

Update: I've just had to come back and edit my review. After using this for even longer, my skin looks fabulous! Even in the cold, windy, harsh winters of Philadelphia, my skin is amazing. I can honestly say this truly moisturizes and leaves skin looking and feeling great even when I take it off. I just had to rave about this moisturizing effect. In the summer I'm thinking I may even be able to skip moisturizer if I intend to use this (however, I do have normal-to-oily skin).

Also, my compact is still as fresh as the day I bought it. I make sure it clicks closed, and then keep it out of sunlight in my vanity. I love this even more!

I wanted to try this mineral based creme compact foundation because it was cheaper than Chanel's at £23 and it got good reviews here. However I was a bit disappointed with it. Firstly, I can kind of see how some people say this makes you look flawless, on some parts of my face it had this finish, but I think this is dependent on skin type as other parts of my face it really showed up. Perhaps I didn't blend this in properly but on top of that negative, I also found it showed up my dry flaky patches. I know most foundations will do this but I was hoping this wouldn't as it is advertised for dry skin. Having said this, it is a mild improvement on the drug store liquid foundation I'm currently using as the finish is quite natural and not oily. I find it's staying power so so, I'd probably freshen up after 4/5 hours but at least the compact is neat to carry around. Overall, I felt this product was not significantly better than it's drugstore counterparts, yet the price was markedly higher, so I only gave it 3 lippies.
Edit: I upped it to 4 lippes as I found when I used the 188 brush or a standard foundation brush, it did help the finish of the product and showed up less on dry patches although still a little bit. It's a shame to have to carry around a massive brush with a compact foundation, but I think I would consider buying this again.

This is my all time HG foundation. I've tried almost every high end foundation (MUFE, NARS, etc...) and this one trumps them all. I have dry, sensitive, slightly acne prone skin (NC20). This was not love at first try for me, actually I hated it the first time I tried it, I didn't feel like it had enough coverage for that flawless, airbrushed yet not caked on look that I love. But then I saw a picture of myself wearing it and I was blown away by how flawless my skin looked. I ended up taking it on a 2 week vacation and I loved not only how my skin looked in pictures but also the ease of the compact for traveling. On me the finish is glowy, not greasy and in my opinion it looks like real skin. I feel like my quest for the perfect foundation is finally over and I will continue to use this as long as they make it.