Clinique High Lengths Mascara

3.8

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've tried quite a few mascaras, especially clinique ones, and this my favourite so far. It really lengthens my lashes, but I already have very long eyelashes to begin with, so sometimes they look like spider legs (!) but I just touch up the tips a little. I feel that this opens up my eyes more, which is good cuz I want my big eyes to be even bigger. Buut, I am more into volumizing mascaras (not that's I've tried them), so length isn't necessarily what I'm looking for, volume is, but if you ARE looking for length I feel that this is a very good mascara to do that :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

AMAZING! I was blown away by how great this mascara is! I'm usually not one for the "strange looking" mascara brushes, because they usually don't work well. But this one is far from the rest! The liquid itself doesn't smudge, or dry out too quickly; and the brush both volumizes & lengthens lashes! It's a steal too $14 and last forever! This is definitely a must - have in my makeup bag!

on 1/5/2011 10:38:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I received a sample of this free from a family friend who isn't big on mascara. I do like the brush, and the fact that it does lengthen your lashes without much clumping (that is if you wipe off the excess off the wand). However no good for holding my curl. Even right after I curled my lashes, I found the mascara weighed it down a little.
Would not repurchase.

on 1/5/2011 9:01:00 PM

Clinque High Lengths Mascara did not work out for me, at all. I tried using it on my lashes a few times but anything that is not WP (waterproof) does not work well on my Asian lashes.

Pros:
- none

Cons:
- bristle-less mascara wand provided allowed more product to smudge onto my skin instead of being applied to my lashe
- bristle free wand pulled on my lashes instead of making them "seem" lengthier
- couldn't seem to get any product on the bright green wand for some reason
- mascara wand provided was hard to work with on my almond shaped eyes

Compared to the Clinque High Impact Mascara and Lash Doubling Mascara, the High Lengths Mascara does not fare any better than those two. Between the three, I would not repurchase any or even use any on a daily basis if you are a contact lens wearer or have sensitive eyes.

I would also NOT recommend it if it's the only mascara you wear and you live on the Westcoast as I do - rain + mascara = not so pretty black mascara rolling down your face.

Instead, I'll recommend the japanese brand Kiss Me Heroine Make line of mascaras and get the makeup remover too so you stress your lashes out using Western drugstore brand removers on a Japanese brand mascara.

If you want to get one closer to home and willing to spend more get the Blinc Kiss Me mascara which comes in a variety of colours and if used with a lash comb (preferably the tweezerman llashcomb) then you're good to go!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am in love with this product! It definitely lengthens more than any mascara I've ever used and absolutely ZERO clumps. NONE! I was amazed! It even volumizes a tiny bit. My lashes look sky high with this mascara, I love it. HG for sure!

on 12/30/2010 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I first tried this mascara when my sister received it as a free gift and she didnt like it so I tried it and loved it! As soon as the sample ran out I went to Nordstroms and bought the full size tube for $14. The wand really separates and gives length to lashes it volumizes subtly but not dramatically. I love this mascara for the length it gives and the super easy application! But I want a mascara that super volumizes and gives huge thickness. This mascara is great but mine is currently drying out and I want to try the loreal voluminous if im dissapointed I will surely return to this mascara (:

on 12/23/2010 8:41:00 PM

This is my new favorite mascara. I wasn't expecting to like it since the brush is like a small green comb. However the idea is genius. It lengthens, separates and extends my lashes better than a traditional wand.

I received this as a free sample, and have since purchased full-sized products of it. Great mascara!!

on 12/20/2010 7:28:00 PM

I love this mascara. It is the best mascara I have ever used. It is very natural.
I don't like the draqqueen-mascaras.
I am still searching for the perfect mascara, though.

on 12/16/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was really excited to try this mascara. I have long lashes but they clump up weirdly so it always tends to look like I have three really big eyelashes per eye. I am too lazy to deal with a separate lash comb so when I saw that this mascara looked like it was in a comb form, I was eager to test it. Big disappointment! The teeth on the comb are so tiny, they don't do anything to separate my lashes. It is particularly hard to get at the corners of the eyes, given the curved shape of the brush. I end up turning it lengthwise - it feels like I am trying to apply my mascara with a twig. I got this as a GWP and not only I won't be buying it, I don't think I can even bear to use up the tube - it's such a pain. It really seems like if the teeth were twice as long as they are, but more widely spaced, it would work great.

on 12/16/2010 12:21:00 PM

As the name suggests, this is not a volumizing mascara but still leaves a decent amount of product on the lashes to make them look fuller. Definitely makes my lashes look longer. Holds up a curl quite well, doesn't flake or smudge, even resisted a crying fit (though I was careful to not rub my eyes...). Comes out nicely with lukewarm water or makeup remover. The brush use has a steep learning curve: the first application leaves goops of mascara on the lashes, but you have just to continue to comb, the brush will distribute the product on the lashes and separate and define them. It's a bit trickier to apply on bottom lashes but practice makes perfect. My mascara started to dry a little bit after three months, so I added one drop of almond oil in it and it's good as new.