Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 5/4/2014 11:39:00 PM

I'm a big Bourjois fan, and so I had to get this foundation. It's especially good for flash photography as it contains no flashback-producing ingredients. I just wore it as a bridesmaid to a wedding on the weekend, combined with the Healthy Mix concealer, and I didn't wear any powder over - I look awesome in the photos! It evened out my skin enough to look natural, and I used the concealer under the eyes and on blemishes. It's medium coverage, and a little goes a long way.

I would wear this foundation again, but only if I know I'm going to be photographed. Otherwise, I will continue using Revlon Colorstay foundation. There are three reasons:

1. Colorstay has better longevity.
2. Healthy Mix doesn't contain SPF, so it doesn't protect my skin from the sun as much as Colorstay does.
3. Healthy Mix foundation contains alcohol! Alcohol is known to damage skin cells, and alcohol isn't that far down in the ingredient list on this foundation. Colorstay contains no alcohol, so I'd much rather wear something that I can feel safe wearing day-to-day. Because of this, if you would like to wear Healthy Mix foundation for photo shoots, I would recommend putting a primer on first so that there's as much of a barrier between your skin and the product as possible.

I would buy this product again if I needed to, but considering I will only wear it on special occasions, it's going to last a very long time.

on 5/1/2014 9:20:00 PM

Blugh I have tried to use this twice since there are lots of good ratings on it but it makes me look dead. Weird pastey texture and doesn't spread that well on my skin. I tried to like it as it is supposed to be good for your skin but I had to wash it off right away. I am a picky peter with my foundations though I must add. I usually love Bourjois products but will not try another one of their foundations.

on 4/21/2014 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

A review from a sensitive, oily & flaky skin girl.
Color match: 51 (NC15-20) match made in heaven.
Result: watery, light, fresh, dewy, may highlight flakes. LOVE the first 1-2 hours.
Longevity with powder on top: disintegrates within 4-5 hours, leaving my skin patchy & streaky all over. Touch-ups will only exacerbate the patchiness.
Sensitive skin: it's always YMMV, but no problem for me whatsoever.
In a nutshell: if you are my skin twin, think twice before getting this one.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Just picked this up yesterday from Priceline because of the good reviews. I've only used it once but so far I'm loving it!

PROS:
-really good lasting power and I didn't go oily
-has a sheer natural coverage but also covers up what needs to be covered!
- doesn't look cakey at all (which is my biggerst problem I find in foundations)
-feels nice on my skin and not heavy.
-looks like skin!!!!

CONS:
-if you like a matte base I would skip it
-quite expensive for a drugstore foundation, $38aus I'm pretty sure it was

It has a nice fruity smell which I thought would annoy my skin but it hasn't reacted to it! Think this is a really great foundation even though I've only used it once but so far I'm loving it

on 4/17/2014 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this foundation after the rave reviews on here. It sounded like everything I would love in a foundation, long lasting but radiance boosting and shades with a slight yellow undertone. However, I wasn't impressed.

I tried the product applying at 8 am and removing it at 8 pm. Therefore I couldn't test it's claims that it lasts 16 hours, but I would say it looked good for about 8 hours, after which I needed to reapply and powder. However, I would say this is pretty good as I don't expect any foundation to stay put all day apart from Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is too heavy for my liking. My skin is quite sensitive and didn't react to any of the ingredients, however there is a slight fragrance so people with very sensitive skin may want to avoid this one.

The foundation is thicker than the very liquid type foundations I prefer. I would say it's a mix between a cream and a liquid. I found it a bit more difficult to blend than my favorite foundation of the moment, Rimmel Match Perfection, but this is probably due to the difference in texture. I've played about with different methods of application and my favorites are using fingers or using a damp sponge. It felt heavier than other foundations on my skin but after 5 minutes or so I didn't notice the feel of it on my skin anymore. It also dried much quicker than other foundations and I could probably wear this without powder to give it a more glory look. Although I'm sure it wouldn't last as long if I did. The pigmentation in this is great, it offers great coverage without feeling too heavy or cakey. However I don't like how this makes my skin look, it doesn't add any radiance and if anything my skin looked quite flat, which is not a look I like, which is why I never use this anymore.

on 4/13/2014 4:59:00 PM

After reading all the positive reviews I was super excited to try this foundation! When I first applied the foundation I thought it was lovely and matched my skin colour perfect, however after a few hours the foundation had oxidised and I had dry patches scattered around my face. I thought I would try different ways of applying and use a good moisturiser but I was still left with the same affect. I have also developed lots of little white bumps under my skin since starting to use this foundation which still have not cleared up after a few weeks of not using the foundation. Overall I do not think this is a great foundation for normal to dry skin as I think it emphasies dry areas and also increases them.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was my HG til they discontinued it in Australia. I'm now using Nars Sheer Glow in Fiji, Healthy Mix Radiant Reveal in 51 and I'm testing out the Happy Light foundation, also in 51, but nothing can really replace the original Healthy Mix.

on 4/6/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I finished both this one and the serum one, and I prefer the serum version a lot more on my drier skin type. I'll just copy my review of the serum one below, which compares the regular & serum.

=====REGULAR HEALTHY MIX REVIEW=====
So I just finished using the regular Healthy Mix, and I have to say for my particular skin type (dry to combo), I prefer the Serum version a lot more. The regular is a just a tiny bit more matte and sat on my skin a bit, but not in a horrible way. It doesn't look cakey unless on a bad day when my skin is crazy dry and flaky, but generally looked pretty good. I just like the satin, glowy look that the serum gives me. I would say if your skin is on the drier side, definitely go for the serum one. If your skin is oily to combo, go for the regular as the serum one can make your skin dewy over time (unless you like that look). As for the coverage, I felt that they weren't too different. The regular covers just a LITTLE bit more, but is not as layerable as the serum one.
-----
=====SERUM GEL HEALTHY MIX REVIEW=====
I really liked this foundation. I used the whole bottle, and I just ordered the regular healthy mix because asos.com is out of stock on this serum one. I am looking forward to using the regular healthy mix as well, and will update this review comparing the two.

This serum one is like a liquidy gel, and goes on and blends into the skin very very easily and nicely. I don't use brushes or sponges to apply makeup and I found that this one blends nicely with fingers too. What I do with foundations generally is rub my fingers together to heat them, pump some foundation onto my fingertips, rub them again so they spread and heat/melt, and rub rub rub into the face in circular motions starting out from the center of my face.

I found the yellowyness(?) helps very well with concealing the redness around my nose without needing extra concealer on top. Coverage is light, but buildable. I love the super natural satin finish that is neither matte or dewy, but I would say it leans towards dewy, especially during summertime. My skin is not oily at all, but this foundation makes me look a little bit shiny around the t-zone after a few hours. But it's more like very well-moisturized skin look, which I like, so I do not powder. The lasting power is not so great; it probably lasted about 4~5 hours on my skin during the summer. But if you were to reapply on top, it never looks cakey which is a huge plus.

Overall, I think it's a great foundation given the price point. ASOS sometimes has 30% off certain beauty products and carry Bourjois products, and it's free ship + return, so those of you living in the US should definitely check it out!

on 4/2/2014 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I finally got down to buying this after seeing all these reviews for weeks!
I bought the shade in 54: Beige. I'm roughly a NC30 shade.

Pros:
+ Nice fruity scent due to the formulation of the foundation! It was refreshing and it didn't smell like foundation. It was one of the few reasons why I was so tempted to buy it.

+ Blends in my face really nice and smooth.
+ Buildable kind of coverage. You can easily put on 2 layers and yet, not feel cakey at all.

+ Gives a dewy, natural radiant glow, reflects healthy looking and younger skin. (I'm not kidding, I really felt that way when I first applied it. Which woman doesn't want to look younger?!)

+ Comes with a pump. Need I say more? You're able to control the amount of foundation you want to apply it on your face! Packaging wise: it's good enough based on the price I paid.

Cons:
- Expensive. It retails for SGD $34.90 in my country. For 1 fl oz, I didn't think it would be worth it initially, especially when I have oily skin and hence not all foundations will work for me.

- Limited variety of shades. The shade I bought was the third to darkest. I feel like there might not be enough colours to fit darker skin tones, so.....it's not exactly very colour friendly to me.

- Foundation is transferrable --> after 3 hours, I started sweating so I dabbed tissue on my face to remove the oil and foundation came off! No I didn't look horrible or that my red spots can be spotted, but each time I dabbed my face with tissue, traces of foundation could be seen on the tissue. I didn't put a setting powder, so I'm not sure if it would help solve the problem if I did that before leaving the house.

Overall, I feel that this foundation works best if:
- You have dry skin. This foundation lives up to its claims and does give a very dewy look and keeps your skin hydrated.

- You don't want your foundation to look too cakey or overdramatic. This is good enough to work as tinted moisturizer (apply 1 layer before putting another type of foundation that controls oil --> eg Revlon colourstay). Or just want to go out running some errands and you don't want to look too horrible. This foundation is the one in my opinion.

- I would still consider repurchasing this despite the price being sold in my country. This is just too good!!!

- I would rate it an 8.5/10 because I have oily skin so it doesn't work entirely well on me. If I had dry skin, I most definitely already be giving 10/10!

on 3/28/2014 3:02:00 PM

I tried this at the store and my sensitive area (my red, peeling area) started burning! I really wanted to get this considering the great reviews on mua. The coverage was decent. The flakiness of certain areas was helped a bit. It's a pity as I wanted to get this since it was very close to my natural color. The fruity smell didnt bother me. I love the fact that it comes with a pump. It's bit pricy in singapore too... 36.50SGD for a drugstore foundation? No way. I'm sorry I cannot help with the lasting power :-( I hope it still helped! Definitely try it on your skin befofe purchasing if it's pricy in your area!

Video Reviews & Tutorials