April 19, 2014 | 1099 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smoky ShadowBlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by ericaa

It makes me sad that other people didn't have such luck with this product! I absolutely adore it. The color combinations are all quite cool, and application is incredibly easy. I'd recommend these sticks for beginners, because it's soo easy to blend. I like the shimmery finish as well.
The bronzey one is my favorite, and I like the green/brownish one. It reminds me of avocados.
The only complaint I have is the packaging.. The actual sticks of makeup fall out sometimes for me. Once one of them fell out and down the sink. I was mad hahaha. I still went out and bought a new one though because I think this is a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by GeekyMcGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the pink/purple-ish one, and wow it's awful! The pink end barely shows up, and the purple is slightly darker. I was afraid to press down at all in case the stick broke, and the cap on the other end kept coming off. I don't know about staying power yet, but even with powder on first I'm guessing it won't last.
**EDIT: Wow, okay. 10 minutes later I check the shadow and it's already migrated into my creases. Horrible product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by larynmax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this after seeing the commercials, but am completely disappointed. It creases and I even used a shadow primer...I will not buy this again and hate that I wasted money on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Missapoo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

do not buy.
they crease badly, have no staying power, and the "liner" tip breaks. i even returned one and got another.

i bought two, and im really sorry i did.
the only thing good is the packaging and who wants to pay $7 to look at a product you cant use?

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by emalove

I think these eye shadow sticks are crap...I tried to love them, because I got a TON of them free to try from BzzAgent, but they really are not good. The color payoff is minimal--the shades have a pretty shimmer to them, but they are very sheer and hardly noticeable unless you keep layering. Also, they crease like crazy after only a few hours...I don't have particularly oily lids AND I layered them with a shadow primer first, and they still creased and wore off.

I would never pay a single cent for one of these shadow sticks, so glad I got to try them for free.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by trixel

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in the purple/silver combo. Summary: It's pretty, but useless.

This stuff glides on so nicely - very creamy. But I found - like most of you - that even if you put this shadow on as thickly as possible you don't get a smoky eye - more like a tinted wash of color.

Zero staying power. After an hour or so it's gone. I have tried it with and without primer and a shadow base and it still melts away. If I layer it over another brand of liner the Covergirl melts the other liner away. Too bad because it's so easy to apply!

The metallic side also irritates my eyes (I wear contacts.)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by aquaopal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

I got this for free to try...and I love it.

I got the brown neutral color, and it glides on and blends so nicely. It is so quick and easy to apply and I always have this in my purse for quick touchups or those mornings when I am in a rush and did not have time to apply my eye makeup before jumping in my car.

I would definitely purchase again.

Although the caps on these things break easily I do like the packaging, easy and petite.

ETA: I only use these for quick touchups or as a base. The packaging is horrible, all the caps broke as well as the sticks themselves. I will finish using up the ones I own, but will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by MsMelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first, I was with everyone else. I hated the product- no lasting power, it creased and wore off in a short time.

Then one day I applied a neutral color powder shadow underneath and then applied the Shadow Blast like usual. Amazing difference! It stayed my whole work day. No creasing. It looked pretty dang good!

So, people should try that and see if they have the same results.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by yingyingz

I purchased the Cover Girl Smoky ShadowBlast in Bronze Fire. I really wanted to like this product because of the colors and the shimmery cream, however what ultimately happened was I was disappointed with the packaging. Both of the cream sticks broke and fell out of the stick within only 2 weeks of using it. Therefore this may be a warning for some who buy this product to be gentle with it. I do love the champagne color of the rounded tip, especially when I apply it in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten them up. Ultimately, I would not repurchase this product due to the poor quality of the packaging. It does crease for me as well, and I don't use that much of it.

EDIT: This product has started to grow on me, as I've started using it more. I like the rounded tip with the champagne color a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by bubblesh203

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this product on the tv a while ago I got curious and went out to by one of them. Later that week my grandmother bought me one for a holiday. I have the light brown/ dark brown and the white/ black tubes. as soon as I got them the light brown and the black broke. The color payoff is horrible on the dark brown and the black. After the two broke I moved them to some empty eyeshadow pots that I had lying around and I geuss you could say I like them a lot more after I put them into the eyeshadow pots. To me they feel a lot more creamy and easier to apply. For me they lasted about half of my school day so right before lunch I would re-apply it. Overall It's not my favorite product but it's not my least favorite product.