October 31, 2014 | 1457 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smoky ShadowBlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by BBrazilian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love CG products, but absolutely hate these!!!! I purchased 3 of the colour combos, which was stupid to begin with. I should have tried just one to see if they were any good. The problem is mostly with the application. The shape of the makeup is awkward and that makes it just about impossible to apply. The colours I chose were all awful. They had no staying power. Needless to say, they went straight into the bin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by oxnicoleox3

Ugh. I thought this product would be great, especially in a hurry but geez! It's a fantastic concept but the product is just awful! Even with a primer, it creases after a few minutes horribly even after blending. I got into the car 10 minutes after applying this and I had a hideous black crease! It looks like I did my makeup in the dark...with my feet. It feels greasy on your lids and smudges everywhere and it's just horrible.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

This was just awful. I tried it with a primer and then another time I tried that & setting it with a powder. Both failed. This product didn't show up on my eyelids, creased and was just awful. On top of all that one side broke in half on me while the product was barely twisted up. Apparently any sort of pressure breaks the stick of shadow (thus the low rating on the package).

If you're wanting a CG shadow go get their singles, 3 or 4pks. Just don't waste your money on this one. CG went very wrong with this idea.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLoverFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is really cakey like kids makeup, and it feels like chap stick on my eyelids. i tried it on, took it off after it didnt ever feel dry, and then took it back to the store and demanded my money back. i thought it would be something for on the go, since the lashBLAST was such a hit. i guess they just took advantage of the name and made a whole "blast" line. BLAH.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by DoodleReviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

color payoff: horrible if you want to blend. Leaves only glitter.
stay power: disappears after a good hour. And creases like no other.
price: way too much for such a crappy product.
quality: I opened it and the whole stick of highlighter came out of it's case. EFF! But the black is nice to line eyes with.

total waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by ericaa

It makes me sad that other people didn't have such luck with this product! I absolutely adore it. The color combinations are all quite cool, and application is incredibly easy. I'd recommend these sticks for beginners, because it's soo easy to blend. I like the shimmery finish as well.
The bronzey one is my favorite, and I like the green/brownish one. It reminds me of avocados.
The only complaint I have is the packaging.. The actual sticks of makeup fall out sometimes for me. Once one of them fell out and down the sink. I was mad hahaha. I still went out and bought a new one though because I think this is a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by GeekyMcGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the pink/purple-ish one, and wow it's awful! The pink end barely shows up, and the purple is slightly darker. I was afraid to press down at all in case the stick broke, and the cap on the other end kept coming off. I don't know about staying power yet, but even with powder on first I'm guessing it won't last.
**EDIT: Wow, okay. 10 minutes later I check the shadow and it's already migrated into my creases. Horrible product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by larynmax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this after seeing the commercials, but am completely disappointed. It creases and I even used a shadow primer...I will not buy this again and hate that I wasted money on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Missapoo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

do not buy.
they crease badly, have no staying power, and the "liner" tip breaks. i even returned one and got another.

i bought two, and im really sorry i did.
the only thing good is the packaging and who wants to pay $7 to look at a product you cant use?

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by emalove

I think these eye shadow sticks are crap...I tried to love them, because I got a TON of them free to try from BzzAgent, but they really are not good. The color payoff is minimal--the shades have a pretty shimmer to them, but they are very sheer and hardly noticeable unless you keep layering. Also, they crease like crazy after only a few hours...I don't have particularly oily lids AND I layered them with a shadow primer first, and they still creased and wore off.

I would never pay a single cent for one of these shadow sticks, so glad I got to try them for free.