August 20, 2014 | 1092 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by christinabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this mascara because of all the great reviews it got from youtube (and hey! 3 bucks? Not bad!). First of all, I'm not a picky person. Usually, I'm very happy with inexpensive products. So of course, I was very excited to try E.L.F's mineral infused mascara out! My initial reaction was good. It didnt clump, didnt stink, and the brush did a good job seperating each lash. Needless to say, I was happy with it. But, after day one of using this mascara, I realized just exactly how infuriating it truly is.

The mascara is not good if youre going to wear it for a longer amount of time. You really need to be veeery slow applying it because it's so wet that any blink you make will cause the mascara to go everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE!). I might have been able to forgive it for that, but the worst thing is this: it seems as though the mascara does not dry completely. It is VERY sticky! Even after 5 hours. Say you happened to bump your lashes with your hand...those lovely lashes that you worked so hard on will now have stuck together, making you look ridiculous.

Point is, dont use this mascara if you're going to work, planning on cuddling with a sweetheart, or if you happen to want to get out the door within 40 years. Save your money and buy something worth a few more dollars. There are far more better options at the drugstore than this. E.L.F you are disappointing me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by omnomnomx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I can say for what they do to my lashes is WOW. As many of the other reviewers said, it doesn't do much for volume but for lengthening, WOW. It makes my lashes look so naturally long and clump-free. Though, this product does give you raccoon eyes so watch out for that. I was horrified when I went home and realized that I had small black smudges on my lower lash line. Also, when removing, instead of dissolving this comes off in clumps which is kind of annoying because when I'm trying to get rid of the clumps with my cotton pad, all I'm doing is spreading it around and creating black lines all over my face. Nightmare!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have recently been hoarding so many mascaras lately, trying to find one that defines, lengthens, and volumizes all at the same time. And on a whim, I decided to buy this one from ELF, and guess what, I have found one that has beaten all the other high end brand and drug store brands that I've tried. This baby comes with it's own rubber-tip brush that excellently separates my lashes and coats each one with the mascara. It goes on smoothly and doesn't clump no matter how many times I run my mascara on my lashes or how much I apply coat after coat once it dries. I'm really surprised by this considering it performs way better than any mascara I've tried. Would definitely recommend this to all mascara junkies out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Victoriacp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara gives me perfect everyday-lashes: long and separated. It doesn't do much when it comes to volume so if that's what you're looking for this isn't the mascara for you. Would defiantly buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Christy1745

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the brush. There is literally NO clumping when you use this mascara. I don't find that it volumizes your lashes at all, but it does make them look super long and separated! And the brush is so skinny and easy to use, you can get in to some lashes that don't normally get any mascara on them. Overall the look is very natural which is what I've been going for lately, so it's nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by luxlover79

This is extremely a quality mascara and so much worth my money spent! I'm glad i didn't hesitate to buy this, short after i got my waterproof/regular mascara combo from them. Now I have 2 great mascaras! Elf is at the top of their game with this product. 'Makes me wanna hoard their makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by cyngnaz

ELF Studio Mineral Infused Mascara is hands-down one of the best mascaras I've tried!!!! I love the brush! It's skinny, but covers every lash and not only lengthens but thickens without clumping or smudging. And my lashes don't look like spider legs. And at $3.00, everyone should try this at least once. You'll be hooked!!!! The best!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by dvdfjojo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Brilliant mascara - love everything about it apart from the fact that it's so hard to remove.

The wand is lovely to use and the texture of the mascara seems to go from very liquid when you first buy it to a bit more manageably thick as it gets older. This mascara seems to get better with age which is a new one on me.

It gives a lovely even coat to lengthen and slightly thicken lashes and it's a proper full-on black.

My only bugbear is how hard it is to get off - anyone recommend a particular eye make up remover as my few aren't doing the job properly and I still wake up with panda eyes after a good scrub.

Price is good too - 3.50 - lot more expensive than it is in the US but that goes for a lot of things, we're kinda used to it now :-) We get good customer service and shipping times and accurate orders here from our e.l.f. so it's not all bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by tealdream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mascara! It lenthens and volumizes my thin lashes, but keeps them natural looking too. My only gripe is that it could separate them a little better, they clump if you don't get the application just right. But seriously for the price ($3) this is amazing stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by rgiselle

Though i adore ELF products, this mascara was a huge letdown. I do not understand the good reviews. It is sticky and does not create long or thick lashes at all.