MAC #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

4.4

on 9/20/2010 7:24:00 AM

I swore I'd never buy anything from MAC because it seemed I could find a comparable dupe for every product I pined for...but not for this brush. So, I reluctantly went into my local MAC store with my husband and lo and behold, they were out of the 130. So I grabbed his hand and yanked him out of that store just as the MAC rep was trying to get my address and phone number..eesh! That was close. The next week, we tried again and YAY! There it was!! Looked like they just got a new shipment of them in as there were about 15 of the brushes in a little plastic jar. Woohoo! I snatched one up and went to the counter, paid the lady and ran outta there. This exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds...definitely worth the money. The brush is well made and perfect for applying my cream/liquid foundation, under eye and spot concealer and cream blushes. My whole make up application is flawless now that I use a sparing amount of product to get an airbrushed, perfect coverage with any product I use. I'm in looooove! This lil puppy is saving me money cause I use less product and tightening up my make up application because it's so multi purpose. I wish this brush came out a long time ago..could have saved even more $$$ but I'm dang happy to have it as an addition to my brush collection. I use this and my Sonia Kashuk flat topped brush to do all of my face make up...fabulous! J'adore'! And it's exquisite for general skin care and anti-aging as it doesn't tug at your skin one bit! It's so soft and glides over your skin like a gentle breeze. :):)

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

on 9/12/2010 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm obsessed with this brush. Can use it for so many things...good for contouring, highlighting, foundation application, concealing (around whole eye)...... it makes me happy. I do find that when you clean it it sheds a teenie bit, but I feel like any brush would.

on 9/4/2010 4:06:00 PM

I do like this brush, even the price I felt was justified if it meant it would last years but......its not AMAZING IMO, After I clean the brush (using Mac Brush Cleanser) it shreds quite a bit leaving little black hairs on my face that are tricky to get off your just done foundation. I love how it gets in all the nooks around your nose and its easy to work with...I actually enjoy using it...just wish it didnt shred.

on 8/30/2010 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first duo-fibre brush. I wrestled with getting the 187, 188 or this but when I saw this one in the store and felt it, it seemed like it would be the best brush for my needs.

This is a fantastic multi-purpose brush. I wanted something small so I could apply blush just where I wanted it and then buff it out from there and the 130 is perfect for that. But it's also great for applying both liquid foundation and mineral powders. It's great for applying MAC's MSF highlighters too as the small size lets you put it just where you want it and the texture allows you to buff out the highlighter to a lovely sheen if that's what you want to do. And believe it or not, I will sometimes use it after I've applied my eyeshadows, to buff all the shades together seamlessly and it gives a great result. If the brush weren't so pricey, I'd buy another one or 2 but it's also so easy to wipe this off on a clean, dry towel if need be, if I'm switching between using it for blush and highlighter, for example.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

For foundation, this does not work at all for me. It just drags the faoundation across my face and how small it is, it cannot buff it in. Instead, I use this with my cream colour base in Hush by MAC for highlighting the top of my cheek bones and it works amazing! I gives the small area a buffed out natural finish. Will stick to my Sigma 197 for foundation, but will continute to use this for my highlight!

on 8/9/2010 2:15:00 AM

Before purchasing this brush, I was using my fingers for cream blushes/bronzers/highlighters. What I was finding was that I applied too much product when I used my fingers and ended up with uneven pigmentation on either side of my face and a heavy application. With this brush, application is so much more sheer and natural and it gives my cheeks a healthy glow kind of look instead of an uneven and blotchy one. The brush has not shead for me at all and is so soft! I made such a big deal about it that my boyfriend let me sweep the brush over his face to prove how soft it was. He is usually very "macho" (or atleast he tries to be) and it was cool to see him interested in something girly that I was excited about. Overall, very nice brush, a bit pricey for my budget but atleast I won't have to by another brush for my cream products for a very long time, so it's justifiable.

on 8/8/2010 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

brilliant unique brush i use it for cream products, mainly my mac mineralize cream foundation spf 15 in mac NC40 really good for getting full coverage and into all the nooks, i think you can use however you want stipple and swirll even stroke product onto your face it will give you an airbrushed finish my 190 is now redundant. i alternate this with the 187 which is equally as good i use that when im short of time as it covers the area of my face quicker but gives more medium coverage and requires buidling. both are also great for buffing in cream blushes

on 8/1/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love it ) Now it takes me 3 minutes to apply foundation (I'm using Shu Uemura Face Architect either MAC Mineralize foundation SPF 15). I just buff it inside of the brush from my hand, then buff into face and blend with light circular motions afterwards. Finish is really PERFECT, I woudln't ask for more...and it stays on forever, I can tell. Usually I would have to fix the makeup after 3 hours as long as I live in tropical climate where everything just melts like crazy, but now I don't even actually need to touch my face the whole day.

I would definitely repurchase again.

on 8/1/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This thing is FREAKING TINY.. It would take days to apply foundation. I don't even use it for blushes, I think it's way too small for that too. I'm using it for highlights, like msf and lustre drops. But the 188 works just as well for that purpose. This was a waste of money. I tried applying foundation with this but it took freakn forever. I have no patience whatsoever so I will not be using this brush for all over the face. If they made this much bigger, then it might just work. But seriously there's nothing this brush can do that the other mac brushs can't. And for $38 I expect much better.
EDIT: I disliked this brush now I hate it. I used to it apply studio sculpt and being that it is a heavy foundation, I thought that's why it applied very streaky. But I tried different foundations too, studio fix, mac face& body, MUFE HD, MUFE mat velvet, and revlon photoready and ALL of them came on
extremely streaky. I had to use a kabuki to buff it all in. Cream blush applicatio also comes on streaky and verry unnatural looking because it the brush doesn't blend it in right. I think I'll just use this for powder blush/highlighters, but for the intended purpose the brush was released for SUCKS.

on 7/24/2010 1:19:00 AM

Just Love this brush, it is the perfect brush for foundation,

I used liquid, cream, or powder foundation, they all looks perfect when I use 130 to put on,

now I left my lamcome foundation brush behind, and will stay with this 130 forever,

will buy it again and again, recommend to anyone who want flawless and good coverage make up.

Top Rated MAC Products