Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

4.4

Mica, Talc, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben. May Contain ( / -): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 1/5/2011 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not really a bronzer-gal, and already knew from MUA reviews that this wasn't a bronzer so much as a highlighter/illuminator. Well, an illuminator was exactly what I wanted, so I picked this up on a recent excursion to the local W-Mart.
Leaves a beautiful highlight on the skin, without being cakey, powdery-looking, or OTT on the glitter. I'm really liking this product a lot and will re-purchase in the unlikely event I ever finish this container!

on 12/27/2010 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Definitely not a bronzer; not sure why HC thinks it's even close to one but regardless- once you get past that it's a beautiful light beigey-gold highlighter which does seem to be a good dupe for MAC By Candlelight MSF. Since that was what I was after and not a bronzer, it's a winner for me. It's also very similar to Prestige's mineral blush/highlighter in the large square compact (the lightest shade; I forget the name). I prefer the HC version though; its not as frosty as the Prestige and a lot cheaper than MAC. Basically, if you want a great MSF dupe, pay no attention to the part that says "bronzer", and pick this up next time you're at Wallyworld. Do yourself another favor while you're in the mu aisle and grab a couple of the HC blush crush baked blushes too while you're at it. They are just as good, albeit a little smaller in size, but excellent MSF dupes as well (think Petticoat, Porcelain Pink, Light Flush, etc).

on 12/14/2010 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

definitely NOT a bronzer, but makes a great highlighter for my fair skin gives me an all over glow without looking too shiny

on 12/6/2010 8:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well this is a shimmer powder and highlighter NOT A BRONZER. My skin is pretty fair and this just didn't do what it advertised at all. It looked darker in the pan so I feel a bit ripped off. I liked the cute container, and I finally found a use for it, I dab my pinkie in it and sweep it right under my brow as a highlighter. I suppose it will last me forever this way so I should end up getting my money's worth. I've been looking for a cheaper dupe for my Merle Norman bronzer and have been chasing my tail on this one

on 10/10/2010 5:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This became my go-to bronzer over the summer because it adds a little color to my NW15 (pale, neutral-to-cool) skin without looking orange or dirty. It has a tiny bit of gold in it too- just enough to add some radiance to my skin, but not enough to give a disco ball effect.

Note that this is the palest bronzer offered by Hard Candy and it is VERY PALE. Even with fair skin, I can use a pretty heavy hand with this and it won't go overboard. But it probably wouldn't show up if you didn't have fair skin.

My only beef with this (and the reason I docked a lippie) is because the texture could be smoother. Sometimes it goes on a bit flaky and requires blending to look natural. But overall this is a really good bronzer for pale chicks.

on 9/30/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

So I bought this product because I wanted to add some glow to my face but it turned out crappy. I even tried it wet and made no difference I was pretty dissapointed because not only did I waste money but now I don't know what to do with it, I can't just throw it away.

on 8/30/2010 1:09:00 PM

This is the dupe I got for MAC's By Candlelight MSF. I've tested both and it's pretty much the same on my NC25/30ish skintone. I'm glad I didn't shell out for the MSF and got this instead. It's so much cheaper! I use this mainly to highlight the cheekbone, browbone, and nose area. It gives the nicest sheen and glow without being too shimmery. If there's anything negative, I will say it's the pigmentation. I need to apply quite a few layers to get the sheen I want. But it's not entirely a "con" since you can say it's very buildable and less prone to mistake. Overall, it's a "love" for me. :)

And yes, "bronzer" is misleading for this shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

calling this a bronzer is a bit of a misnomer, as i consider it more of a highlighter/shimmer type powder. that being said, i love it. i'm super pale and want to have a bit of a glow, but i don't actually want to bronzey, because i like being pale and it looks good on me. i apply this lightly over blush on my cheeks and on my chest when i go out at night and it really gives me the glow that i'm looking for. its a bit too shimmery for day wear i think though.

on 6/27/2010 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki is a very light baked golden tan bronzer with gold veining. It's shimmery, but not with obvious sparkle flecks. It would be suitable for pale NC10-15 or so or on darker skin tones as a highlighter. It's a little jaundiced on my NW10-15ish skin. Not my favorite, but you may like it better if you are warmer than me.

on 6/18/2010 10:10:00 AM

I was looking for a good bronzer for my fair skin and had read some recomendations about this one. It doesn't really work for me. In some areas I get the summer glow look, but in other, it just makes my face look extremely shiny. I'll probably continue to use it, but I won't be repurchasing.

Popular Bronzers